"Yeah but I'm poooor"Kaneko Lumi

Graduation of Pomu Rainpuff

Stunned But Dumb

The question is though, let's say Vshojo DID pick up Mika and/or Pomu.

Why hasn't Nijisanji blacklisted talent from doing anything with Vshojo seeing how they are effectively stealing their talent? Like it's never going to end. You could probably start guessing how many ex-Nijis end up over there by the end of the year.
I think more restrictions on their talents is the last thing they need to do if they're so disgruntled

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
First things first:
o7 to Pomu, you were a real one, even if I didn't watch you.

And as someone who doesn't give her attention, this graduation was very sudden and out of left-field. I always took Pomu to be a cornerstone of NijiEN, like all of Lazulight (Fiana debatable; she will be the last of her gen remaining because she's just too distracted by shitty Chinese gacha games to notice the black around her).
I heard about Pomu talking about being frustrated and fed up with management here and there, but every corpo talent vents about management every now and then. That's nothing special. Kiara does it all the time, but I still feel like she's far away from graduating anytime soon. And I honestly assumed the same about Pomu, especially how much of a Nijisanji fan she apparently was even before joining the company. This is her dream-company, after all. And she is EN Daisenpai, she has been there from the very beginning, back when NijiEN was nothing more than an experiment and management probably didn't yet know how to handle them. Surely it must have gotten better over the years. Right? Right???

Wow, when everyone thought Selen will graduate first, Pomu is the least expected one to be graduated, cause she got 3D etc.

Please don't tell me the reason Pomu did not attend Orange chicken concert was because Kurosanji decided to fuck with Pomu 3D model :chaos:
It is.
Kiara invited Pomu for her 3D Live, but Pomu couldn't join in because she didn't have a working 3D model (still doesn't).
But I don't think Niji didn't work on fixing her 3D because of her graduation. I remember some members (probably JP) getting 3.0 touch up weeks before their graduation. So her 3D being in limbo is just general management incompetence.

Btw, did she say when exactly she handed in her letter to management? IIRC Mika said she did so at the beginning of the year, yet she was only allowed to graduate at the very end. Management set the date for her.
Mysta as well handed his letter months before his announcement and graduation. So I wonder for how long Pomu has been basically dead already.

Wait a minute Pomu is close to Kiara as well. Did she talked with Pomu and felt sad and posted this?

100% that's about Pomus graduation.
That's when she was told through DMs most likely.
Also, Kiara will be on vacation when Pomu graduates, and when she will come back it will be too late and all will be over. At least she will be able to cry into Nerissa's huge tits.
I am sure Kiara is frustrated and sad that's she can't squeeze in a last farewell collab with Pomu and that Pomu and Kiara will never be able to shine on stage in 3D together.

Some reactions to the news I saw:

and:

Nah this girl is broken man

Oof.
Its just sad and cruel. Having the father die young to illness (do we know what it was?) and then not even being able to be there for him because of work and get closure can mess up a person good.
:smugmoona::hololove:

Kiara had a bunch of complaints about management all year that would be impossible to list all in one post and I don't remember most of them, anyway.
Nah, I disagree on that front. 2021 was a much worse year for Kiara. 2022 looked better, especially as a viewer. It looked even better than 2023 imo. Using "Kiara complained about management" and "had women moments" as a benchmark if she's happy or not is a rubbish tier benchmark. She is, self admittedly, a person prone to nagging and complaining as well as ranting and general women moments. If "Kiara complained about management" is the criteria, 2023 must have been her worst year yet. Also, Kiara loops her complaints a lot, for the past 2 years It's always been about lack of studio time and 3D or about music support.

The last half of 2023 was really rough on her, probably the most unhappy she's been in a good while. And it wasn't all Hololive Management, she got fucked over by her Tax lady hard and went broke for a bit. It must have been a terrible time. But, as she said last stream, most of her worries have by now been dealt with. She looks with optimism into the future. Especially as a girl who easily slips into doomposting, claiming that you have hope and look forward to the future means a lot.

Tubedude

And I honestly assumed the same about Pomu, especially how much of a Nijisanji fan she apparently was even before joining the company. This is her dream-company, after all.
Being a fan of the company might be something that harms future prospects of staying. Kind of similar to the whole Paris Syndrome, the company probably didn't live up to a fan's expectations. Similar to how Vesper was the most visibly excited to get into Holostars, yet had the hardest time fitting in to the company.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Why hasn't Nijisanji blacklisted talent from doing anything with Vshojo seeing how they are effectively stealing their talent? Like it's never going to end. You could probably start guessing how many ex-Nijis end up over there by the end of the year.
They can't really stop it from happening apart from fixing their shit, there's nothing stopping the ex-nijis vshojo already owns from giving them the personal contacts of every other liver still in the company, even with new talents they could just do some networking or contact their PLs which are lovingly collected by places like this.
I am truly surprised that poaching isn't a more common practice in this industry, seeing as after a break talents from the big agencies usually come out of it with a massive audience boost and they can just migrate to the highest bidder, I guess we just haven't gotten to that level of grifting yet.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
if they lose more and they end up in Vshojo.
I mean, I don't really believe they will hemorrhage people enough to where that will be an issue. Some people may not have the same issues with management as Selen or Pomu if they are not keen on bigger doing projects, which most certainly not everyone will be.

Tubedude

I mean, I don't really believe they will hemorrhage people enough to where that will be an issue. Some people may not have the same issues with management as Selen or Pomu if they are not keen on bigger doing projects, which most certainly not everyone will be.
honestly i wouldnt be surpised if most NijiENs are just happy with their current gig, if management goes the way its going i wouldnt be suprised if all the project oriented ones did start packing up for greener pastures
Pretty much, I can see ones that focus on just streaming to stay, most of the issues seem to be regarding projects.

If we think of only project interested talents leaving, then personally I only see potential graduations in Luxiem. Outside of Luxiem I can't think of any of the current NijiEN's that are too interested in big projects.

Elira and Finana seem content to just be streamers. Same with Obsydia, minus Selen, Ethyria, and all the gens after Luxiem.

If I'm wrong, someone who pays more attention to NijiEN please correct me.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Well, NijiEN is officially dead to me and Selen is almost assurdly next, given recent events and how close those two are.

I'm almost sure that there's been some internal action regarding Selen from Niji that's lead to all what's going on with her and probably an unannounced graduation from her upcoming anyway, probably prompted Pomu to just leave as well. It sucks but I'm not surprised at all.

It's a hard hit for Niji, I wonder how much damage it'll do. I suppose I still have Scarle, Reimu and Victoria, but...

e: Reimu doesn't even know what Y2K is, nevermind. Just Scarle and Vivi. :depressedtako: God damn children.

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
You think after all the bad PR Nijeria has been going through last year a little introspection should have happened in management to prevent more disgruntled employees for leaving

But why care about what 2 o 3 wankers want when we need to build a yacht with all the Youtube buttons and can just shovel more Waves to compensate for the ones that leaved?

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
1704483113862.png

(Verse 1)
In the city where shadows play,
Beneath the neon lights so gray.
Lonely streets and empty hearts,
Torn apart, just falling apart.

(Chorus)
Gloomy city lights, they don't shine so bright,
Lost in the darkness, can't find the light.
Diamond city tears, falling through the years,
In this desolation, drowning in my fears.

(Verse 2)
Concrete dreams that crumble down,
Silent screams, a ghostly town.
In the echoes of my solitude,
I'm searching for a life that's shrouded in a bitter mood.

(Chorus)

(Bridge)
Wander through the alleyways,
Lost in the haze of my yesterdays.
Broken hopes and shattered dreams,
In this city of despair, nothing's as it seems.

(Verse 3)
Whispers of the wind, carrying the pain,
In the pouring rain, I hide my disdain.
Mirror of the city reflects my despair,
In the cold, cold night, no one seems to care.

(Chorus)

(Outro)
Fading into the city's embrace,
A lonely heart in this desolate space.
In the shadows where my sorrow resides,
I'll walk alone, beneath the diamond city lights.

Wonder if someone can add AI voices to this.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist

Ensok

Early Adopter
Well anyways, farewell my favorite NijiEN. May she resurface elsewhere.

frz

The problem is that would require Nijisanji to give a shit about their EN branch. They don't :nehgah:
If I were Nijisanji I'd go around telling every copyright holders in Japan about Vshojo's "talent freedom", documenting all the IPs they violated and that'd easily set Vshojo back by years and even when they started to recover they will have to scramble about perms just like Niji/Holo does. :smugpipi:
There are actual ways to fuck Vshojo over, they just don't care enough to do it.

Last edited:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I am truly surprised that poaching isn't a more common practice in this industry, seeing as after a break talents from the big agencies usually come out of it with a massive audience boost and they can just migrate to the highest bidder, I guess we just haven't gotten to that level of grifting yet.
I'm still waiting for vtubing to turn out like pro football.

"Idol Corp announces purchasing Takanashi Kiara for $49.000! Vox Akuma acquired by Vshojo for $179.000 on the last day of the winter trading window! Coni Confetti in her first interview after her $75.000 switch to Phase Connect: "I've always slept in Sakana bedwear as a child. Big fan of the company since forever!""

UberSoldat

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Holy hell, I wasn't expecting that. Nice plot twist 2024.

I never watched Pomu, aside from the collab she did with Lia, but she seemed nice and very loved in the community. Hopefully things weren't too bad for her behind the scenes that led her to this decision, but given she's walking away from such a large persona and community she's built, and that she isn't the first in a short timespan to do so, there was obviously enough. I wish the best for her in her future endeavors, and I'm sure we'll see her again soon under a new name and avatar.

I'm sure I'm not alone in suspecting we'll be seeing more of this happening in 2024 from NijiEN. With this so many of their fellow talents leaving in such a short span of time, it'll be easier to make the decision to do the same if it's something any other talent is thinking of. Especially if they're able to line-up new opportunities to do so like others have done.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
its kinda meh that both Pomu and Nina had graduations announced barely 2 weeks before, im reminded of how Coco had almost a month to do a victory lap, but i guess circumstances are just extremely different

WeTawks

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

I nominate this for the Niji EN 2024 theme.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Initially, when I saw her debut, I thought she'd be the least popular out of Lazulight but man, she easily became one of the best EN talents Niji managed to scoop up. The girl has real talent and is one of the most likable talents in the branch. I feel like she became the reason to watch NijiEn along with Selen. Godspeed fairy, Godspeed.

Top Bottom