"waaao, unbiriibaow!"Usada Pekora

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul

Early Adopter
Aqua talked about how she will not able to use the Holo Studio for her 3D birthday live (or need to wait for a long time) so she paid an external studio out of her own pocket. So it is possible for them to use other studios for this stuff but according to her it's also pretty expensive.

Do any archives of Pekora's pre-peko streams from Nico exist? I've only stumbled upon random clips and screenshots. I think she did cosplay content and cam streams with her face hidden?
Checked my bookmarks but I wasn't labeling this stuff how I should so I gave up after I found a few things along with some stuff I have on my drive.
15 minutes of Pekora x Aqua collab

Pekora & Miko xmas collab song (it's almost time, right?)
[insert "Miko almost raped Pekora and they now hate each other" rrat here] :cursedbae:

Other stuff like her cosplays like the infamous Hestia one or the rant about her bad grades can be found pretty easily on youtube. But barely any complete streams, only clips

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Atlus are super anal about people streaming their games and have hard rules about what can and can't be shown on stream.
Oh yeah, now that you mention it they did threaten to DMCA anyone who streamed the Nov 11 plot twist back when P5 first released. It wasn't remotely enforceable then never mind now in the West, but the bureaucracy surrounding streaming perms in Japan might just buy into it.

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
So how long has this been on the owlmoths profile? I just noticed it.
Screenshot_20221117_110205_Brave.jpg

chrome_screenshot_Nov 17, 2022 11_08_16 AM CST.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The replay value in real God of War was in time attacking levels in harder difficulties. There really isn't any saving grace in the Dad of War "games" because they're playable movies, the things are carried by the story, which in fact is about Atreus. Then you have the over the shoulder 3rd person repetitiveness. Wander around until you trigger a new cinematic, get to an "arena", bludgeon enemies in the same manner again. I can't call it trash because the technical aspects and voicework is superb, but I'm not going to sit and pretend that these things should be in the same category as fucking sonic the hedgehog or castlevania.
I know I will get shit for this, but all GOW games going back to the first have been only about spamming attacks and dodges vs hp sponge enemies. The new GOW game dumbed down from the one before it enough to be too insulting to play, though.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
I know I will get shit for this, but all GOW games going back to the first have been only about spamming attacks and dodges vs hp sponge enemies. The new GOW game dumbed down from the one before it enough to be too insulting to play, though.
No, you're exactly right. I was a fan of the games, but the combat isn't deep... it was more about the environment and it was pretty fun, even with QTEs.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I mean, I love the old GoW games, but you're absolutely right. They're babby's first character action game, but the spectacle of it all was still fun to watch, the pacing was nice instead of slug-tier, and it wasn't like 70% cutscenes.

thequ1eteye

Early Adopter
Remember the GDC uses people like DSP for a benchmark when developing games, so not too shocking that it is even more dumbed down.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Probably. A particularly successful short or viral trend like the FlaVR thing could push her up at any moment.

Not a numberfag, but according to Socialblade...maybe?

Thanks, I should've tinkered a bit more with the socialblade page before asking. Looks like the site predicts, if everything stays relatively constant, she'll hit 100k around december 21st and the 28th, cool christmas gift.

2022-11-17 14_32_31-Window.png

So how long has this been on the owlmoths profile? I just noticed it.
View attachment 5480
View attachment 5481
NGL, the "reminiscence" pic is pretty great.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
image.png

She spent the whole of yesterday just about on fixing this up and troubleshooting. Selen really do be dedicated to the Dragoons.

See you fellow Dragoons on the battlefield! :smugselen:
Giving herself more work over a whitelist that's sure to be leaked beyond members and will likely end up including anti-griefers anyway. This is gonna be great for content later on, beyond the gameplay itself.

The replay value in real God of War was in time attacking levels in harder difficulties. There really isn't any saving grace in the Dad of War "games" because they're playable movies, the things are carried by the story, which in fact is about Atreus. Then you have the over the shoulder 3rd person repetitiveness. Wander around until you trigger a new cinematic, get to an "arena", bludgeon enemies in the same manner again. I can't call it trash because the technical aspects and voicework is superb, but I'm not going to sit and pretend that these things should be in the same category as fucking sonic the hedgehog or castlevania.
The new GOW game is great but I'd say how entertaining it's going to be will vary and depend on the streamer and his/her audience. I'd go as far as say it's probably not gonna be a particularly good streaming game for some vtubers and their ADHD audience unless the chuuba is actually a fan and does an extended playthroughs of the game for the narrative story. Maximilian Dood does his on the hardest GMGOW difficulty and his audience fucking loves sitting through it as he gets his ass kicked and dies even from the fucking annoying Nightmare mobs.

I like character development and focused narratives within a bigger story so this game hits all of those for me but I can easily see where it comes off as boring for gamers that need something constantly ongoing for gameplay.

Eh, I wouldn't go so far as saying it's dumbed down but more like the really fun aspect of the combat system doesn't get opened up until mid- to endgame when you get the new weapon and/or unlock most of the other runic attacks and weapon upgrades/modifiers. Then you can reeeeeally have fun on the hardest difficulty and taking down the endgame Berserkers. I like the new Dad of War games because it actually puts emphasis on the player needing to actually dodge for survivability in the higher difficulties and rewarding parries even on mob & boss encounters as compared to the original GOW trilogy games where it was mainly dumb and mindless mob hack&slash between boss encounters.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
My recollection of the previous GoW was that while you didn't really need to engage with the nuances of the combat system for normal enemies on normal difficulty, you actually did need to try at higher difficulties and against stuff like the valkyries, the bonus realms, or even normal enemies with a notable level advantage over you.

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
My recollection of the previous GoW was that while you didn't really need to engage with the nuances of the combat system for normal enemies on normal difficulty, you actually did need to try at higher difficulties and against stuff like the valkyries, the bonus realms, or even normal enemies with a notable level advantage over you.
The fucking slugs will push your shit in on the highest difficulty if you're not actively dodging and aren't spacially aware of your positioning with regards to the other mobs and ranged attackers. The highest difficulty makes sure you're amply punished for careless gameplay.

Style

Shit's still wack, yo!
RIOT Music just announced they terminated Saki Ashizawa due to breach of contract. Apparently, for VTubing under another account on the side.

It's all... so fucking tiresome... I had hopes that Riot/gamebu had abandoned their black company days, but apparently that isn't the case...
In retrospective I should have seen the writing on the wall when they retooled Suzuna's channel into the Meteopolis unit and made her cancel her radio show ;_;
Way too many graduations/terminations of vtubers I like lately. Might tgive this whole watching chuubas a break to touch some grass or something.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Atlus are super anal about people streaming their games and have hard rules about what can and can't be shown on stream.
Why are nips like this?

"Freeu Advutisementu? NO THANK-A-YOU SAN!"

hololive ruined /jp/

I mean, saying Public Domain doesn't really mean anything. It needs to be legally binding.
Most likely phase owns the copyrights. that's standard for everything.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
Why are nips like this?

"Freeu Advutisementu? NO THANK-A-YOU SAN!"
They see every kind of broadcasting as a lost sale. Culturally also, the customer is not right and the dude who sold you something always knows better then you how to use it and what you can do with it. You can see some of this on the first version of FFXIV, where the devs made FF11 again, ignored that MMOS had evolved and refused to look at the competition.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
They see every kind of broadcasting as a lost sale. Culturally also, the customer is not right and the dude who sold you something always knows better then you how to use it and what you can do with it. You can see some of this on the first version of FFXIV, where the devs made FF11 again, ignored that MMOS had evolved and refused to look at the competition.
You're replying to @Cptn Snshn not me. Understandable mistake -we're practically identical - but still, fyi.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
What's up with that Cofefe-chan chick? She presents herself as a Vtuber and hangs herself around other Vtubers, but far as I can tell from her Twitch and Youtube, she doesn't actually stream? Her twitter is super slutty.

She has a character design but doesn't actually seem to use it? Somehow she got merch anyway.

I guess I'm just confused how someone who only does <1min clips on Youtube, and doesn't even use her avatar for them can be called a "vtuber?" How did she get people to make merch for her?

Am I blind and missing something? :loading:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom