General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Nyaru got featured on Nagzz :smugpipi:
(4:19 timestamp)

It was...brief and :pikacringe: can't help but think even from what little I've seen there had to be much better clips to send lol

Realticule

Prime Indigenous Pipkin Pippa Appreciator.
Early Adopter
I CAN STILL FIX HER
✡︎ God's Chosen Schizo ✡︎
The last straw for me was watching an indie 2view talk about how she found bare knees "erotic". In fact she had taking to photographing them out in the open.
Bare. Knees.
You know, maybe this fucker had a point

hololive ruined /jp/

It was...brief and :pikacringe: can't help but think even from what little I've seen there had to be much better clips to send lol

I didn't know nyaru did feet. Have to check her out now.

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter

Every time Nagzz has a Tenma clip featured, I take a look hoping someone finally submitted the David Caruso clip...

They never do... :(

I still say that's one of the best/funniest VTuber clips and it desperately needs more love and traction.

Roza "No Fun Allowed" Coatl

Last edited:

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Having superchats be the lines of a character is one of those very creative but risky ideas that define what makes vtubing so interesting as a medium. I shit on lore, but the fantasy element of vtubing gives them the creative freedom to do crazy things like that ("Now we're in a courtroom and I'm a judge! Now we're on a date! Now we're in a church! Now we're at McDonalds!") that isn't really possible with other media, not even normal streaming.

Crush

opsec doko
(He's Nolan Crush)
I know this is late and gay but I did want to address this comment for a couple days now. just never got the chance before. (overall I think the majority of the response was good, it’s just he really slipped up by admitting fault; though I’m hesitant I still want to keep my like just cuz he needs support rn).
Mostly because it's an attempt to clear up shit for people who aren't going to care in the first place. They didn't even have evidence or context for it, just that someone SAID he supa doxxed them and they bandwagoned.

1: IF he left the whole thing alone: These people get no ego boost or feel goods because they got ignored. They realize that starting shit doesn't always get them asspats, and promptly forget 20 minutes later and go after someone else anyway because they derive validation of existence purely from internet asspats. Or cry about it on twitter and their circle jerk of friends comforts them. (The most recent example of this being that assclown who tried to cancel Pippa over her sonic/autism comment.)
Even if you were to assume Cover wanted to say something, then he might as well have waited til they do. It's not the same as someone using their information to actively harass the talent like that dude who was hassling Ollie or whatnot.

2: IF he left the shit up, or started posting it openly to show it wasn't anywhere near as bad as the claims are, he potentially does actually have the defense of "You're blowing it out of proportion, here's the receipts and content, this is shit not only easily found, but publicly available. And it's roughly the same, or less outright than the shit you clowns from reddit chat about openly anyway." Option 1 was still better, but if he was so desperate this would have at least made more sense.

3: Except he went and: Deleted everything, thereby both destroying the evidence you have that you've done the above in option 2, making yourself look super guilty of everything, and now without any context to look at, they can basically make up whatever they want to show off what absolute heroes of wahminz rites they are for defending their anime grillz and assorted men with voice changers purity from an evil doxxxxxxer.

You have a habit of over explaining yourself and every little thing and we get that. In the larger forum of cancel culture bullshit, unless you're in some massive position of power that can get run over or you piss off a brigade of freaks who have friends in the right places, you generally can't and won't get canceled for shit. Even the homeland only got fucked over due to the brigade of freaks.
This might be a shocking revelation to tag on after that above part but:
People who don't do anything wrong actually DON'T have to explain themselves for shit they've done, because they didn't do anything wrong to explain.

I said it's kind of a shame because it was mostly digestable normie versions of shit that we track, which makes easy viewing for people who aren't in super deep or newer but kind of curious about stuff before they joined. He basically stepped on every mine possible and freaked himself out so hard that he blew himself up in the worst and most awkwardly hilarious way that was possible. Part of his problem was that despite covering dramas and tier listing them, he somehow didn't get that having a drama issue doesn't always kill a channel without assisted suicide.
If anything he should come back and switched his name to Depressed Fandead having self destructed so expertly. Make fun of the whole thing and himself, his fans might hang around.
At any rate the whole saga is over regardless now since he went sudoku over it all lol.
:botanshrug:
<- Also this emote is amazing.
Call me overly-optimistic but I still think the people who assumed it was genuine doxxing (like this tweet)

could benefit and listen to would be willing to listen to his side. The people who believe it doesn’t matter (whatever percentage that is) wouldn’t change their mind and don’t care, which is why I think he shouldn’t of apologized to those people. Also I just think giving your side of things for this kind of stuff is good for your own closure. I suppose I should’ve mentioned that this could be done to just speak his mind so it’s not weighing on him, as opposed to just trying to clarify stuff to others.

1. Tbh we were past leaving it alone, he could’ve if he hadn’t deleted stuff in a panic but when he did that, misinfo spread like crazy. Things don’t always just go away when you ignore them and with False talking about it, it was something that was growing and if he came back without addressing it. I don’t think Cover would get involved, people are stupid for saying they would.

2. I definitely agree. And keeping it probs would’ve made it so the situation wouldn’t have gotten as made anyway, he induced the Streissand effect.

3. I do over-explain, lol. And yeah he was good at making info digestible to the average viewer. Hopefully he’ll come back in the future and be able to move on and laugh about all this, I’ll support him if he does and I hope others here will too. Godspeed Depressed Nousagi.

Spergatory

Early Adopter

That's fucking lame. I kinda get where she's coming from but sometimes people need to be told that the world doesn't revolve around them and to just move the fuck on with their life.

hololive ruined /jp/

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
People who passively-aggressively vaguepost on twitter about "life changing trauma" should be beaten with lead pipes. Just say what you actually fucking mean.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

She is worse than pippa. I just went back like 2 days in her twitter, and she doesn’t flush used toilet paper, she throws it in the garbage can, and she thinks this is a perfectly normal and hygienic thing to do.

If she lives somewhere with a bad waste disposing system where shit goes to a septic tank, throwing the used TP in the garbage is normal because otherwise you could clog the pipes or the truck that empties the tank. But if that is not the case, she is very much wasting her time.
So basically, if she lives in a sh-hole country, that’s why it ‘s ok to act like it’s a sh-hole. Yeah, makes sense and is sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited:

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Well that was something to watch... So as you know we are entering the age of POKEMON again *shudder*

My kingdom for a big vtuber who does Nuzlocke content, aka the sole decent form of Pokemon content. Big untapped market in my opinion. Ditto modded Minecraft. Rust never interested me, but a Minecraft UHC/Last Life style game with the Holo/Niji cast? Sign me the fuck up yesterday.

Horo7618

No one in particular
My kingdom for a big vtuber who does Nuzlocke content, aka the sole decent form of Pokemon content. Big untapped market in my opinion.
Calli would have been doing a nuzlocke right now, if only she could get Pokemon to work (apparently it thinks she's in the US now....)

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
My kingdom for a big vtuber who does Nuzlocke content, aka the sole decent form of Pokemon content. Big untapped market in my opinion. Ditto modded Minecraft. Rust never interested me, but a Minecraft UHC/Last Life style game with the Holo/Niji cast? Sign me the fuck up yesterday.
They could never do modded because jap corpo bullshit would require them to get perms from every. single. fucking. mod dev even though mod devs can't really copyright anything since it's derivative works.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
what she be talking about?
People who passively-aggressively vaguepost on twitter about "life changing trauma" should be beaten with lead pipes. Just say what you actually fucking mean.
The only recent thing i could find that seemed in anyway applicable is this:
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 23-58-00 Roza Coatl🍷🔪 4V LIVE Friendship is Society Arc on Twitter.png

Which would be hilarious as it would be actual shitflinging that set her off
Edit:

Or this which would be less funny

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This whole FlaVR™ thing has me wondering. Would Pippa be able to claim ownership of anything if people decided to actually start monetizing these characters? She has proof that she 'invented' them (AI art nonwithstanding, another ethical black hole). Or would Fishman swoop in and steal that prize, claiming she created them under the auspices of his company or something?

This is like a scam inside a gag inside a parody...and we all get front row seats!
It's an open question as to who owns AI-generated images, and one that I suspect will only be solved through an expensive legal trial. I don't think Fishman or PC owns what Pippa creates, otherwise Pippa would have mentioned it in her stream.

My guess how this pans out - anyone that uses one of Pippa's characters gets an initial boost in views because the meme is hot and they want to be part of that meme, and might even get some time on Pippa's stream, but after a few streams the meme will die down, when people realize they're just watching a streamer with average or even below-average entertaining skills who jumped on a fun meme at the right time.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Cute sheep is doing some ASMR chatting

kestraline

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Because the corpos have to find ways to be entertaining outside of shit and cum jokes and hopping on every bandwagon. Most indies just follow the norm which never really works in their favor. Having limits like one would in Hololive means you have to use your brain in order to maintain your audience.
This is one of the arguments against talent freedom. Often people that have limitations find ways to be creative or ways to bypass these limitations. Meanwhile talent freedom leads to becoming another react channel because it requires no effort and it gets a ton of views and money from people donating their clips.

View attachment 5471

Three days until SaltFest 2022
Will this be the day Ame malds hard enough to drop the gamer words? Or will Selen's presence keep her salt levels in check?

None of you seems to have mentioned it but Calli started her Pokemon stream and nothing worked (she couldnt even get the game up). I think she might have downloaded one of the versions and for some reason its asking her to link her account or some shit. Its not working. 1hour later she closed the stream.

Lovecraftsalot

Lurker Extraordinaire
So it seems Iofi's rigger papa is joining the vtuber game. And I gotta say this rigging is fucking nuts.

Netscaper

Early Adopter
She is worse than pippa. I just went back like 2 days in her twitter, and she doesn’t flush used toilet paper, she throws it in the garbage can, and she thinks this is a perfectly normal and hygienic thing to do.
If she lives somewhere with a bad waste disposing system where shit goes to a septic tank, throwing the used TP in the garbage is normal because otherwise you could clog the pipes or the truck that empties the tank. But if that is not the case, she is very much wasting her time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom