"Yoghurt... yoghurt feels like someone just coomed a large load in my mouth"Kirschey

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
It definitely wasn't COVID but scheduling issues aren't limited to studio capacity and availability.

Let's do some napkin math:
LazuLight were in Japan for 3 weeks to record their 3D debuts as well as some extra tidbits. Luxiem were also in Japan for about 3 weeks as well.

So if we assume Niji need about 3 weeks per wave, then they'd need to squeeze in about 9 weeks or more on Obsydia, Ethyria and Noctyx to fly into Japan within the 11 weeks between the NJU announcement (Jan 22) and the Event (Apr 8-9). This gives them a 2-week margin for error to fly out 10 more members - all with untested 3D rigs - just to do the recording. Engineers would then need more time to clean everything up.

COLORS was never an issue of if Anycolor had the facilities to do it, but moreso that everyone and their mothers would have been crunched to an insanely high level for a chance at completion that still wasn't 100%. In the last month alone there have been 6x 3D Debuts, 1x 3D Live, 1x New 3D outfit Live, a couple of Anniversary Lives and regular broadcast of shows like ゲームる? ゲームる! In the last 3 months there have been AT LEAST 7 Birthday Lives (one of them being 8 hours long). The company definitely doesn't need to start outsourcing 3D facilities.

Tangential to this, and this'll be my last post for a little while because I'm in the middle of some shit that needs my attention, but I've spent the last two days on and off scouring Anycolor's financial reports in a desperate search for any hackneyed equation that would lead False and his 'sources' of totally legitimate, not /vt/ tribalspergs to the conclusion that there is a 98:2 split on physical merch and I literally cannot find fucking anything.

Like, there's nothing there. The financial reports don't even compartmentalise physical merch from digital goods, so net profit and gross profit is skewed because there's no way to identify what the share between the company and individuals are.

The only things you can really parse from those graphs is that even shitty A-posing acrylic stands have a fuckton of overhead costs. With no grasp on if the 2% (if even real) is gross profit or net profit it's difficult to have any opinion on it at all, so it's a little sad that everyone is typing at the speed of outrage over something that, for all intents and purposes as of typing this, was made up.

That includes Kson's tweets about it, which she made in full knowledge that she has no idea on if it's true or not. Her campaign to show why VShojo is the best and every other corpo is the worst would be admirable - if not for the fact that 2/3 of the graduated members have jumped ship to Mythic with one of them, Nyanners, going on record to say that her VShojo contract didn't make any financial sense to her. Three people graduated because being an Indie or being in Mythic was better for them. Think about that, and think about how that undermines Kson's entire pitch when she joined.

EDIT: As I was writing this up, Sukosuko announced a 3D DJ event taking place in a couple days.

It's your special mix of factual analysis and ad hominem attacks in the same breath that make you so... Scuddle.

Unless someone leaks contracts we can't know either way but Kson is friends with other vtubers so I might believe her over you. As far as the Covid/Niji issue - it would make more sense to assume that Covid was an ancillary reason, not the entire reason. The talents tweeting passively aggressive about the issue is where the rrats are breed.

Cover PR site has more info on the studio

Haneru, from Animare, has uterine cancer and will have surgery

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Have you considered: VoDs?
Unironically and in all seriousness: They're not even half the experience of live watching.
Is she bad at math? DROPPED! UNFOLLOWED! ABOUT TO ANTI!!!
Asian moment.
Mysta said it was "like 1%." Perhaps people misunderstand, but the mark-up is at least 10%, and anything less than 30% is highly unlikely. In business, the very general rule of thumb is to aim for a 40% mark-up. In any case, the interests of all parties involved must always be aligned and the sale price split does not achieve this. It is a bad business clause.
Given Niji's cookiecutter merch, I'd be surprised if the markup was less than 1000% tbh.

I'm under no illusions concerning the markup for the Subaru merch I got, either. It's a plush duck and some plastic. The profit span is going to be ludicrous essentially by definition.

Last edited:

cucurut

I'm sorry, friend, but this is cope. Of course minutiae of contracts aren't going to be in public financial disclosures. I believe the 2% because I trust False when he says he checked that number with multiple sources before reporting it, and because it lines up with what livers themselves have said, both that one that specifically said he gets around 2% per sale (I can't remember who that was, but the clip was posted here) and those who put merch at the bottom of the list when asked how best to financially support them.

That said, I still think that 2% is referring to 2% of the total sales price and not 2% of the profit, and thus we can't really do anything with that number without knowing what the markup is on the product. I think a lot of people, including kson, are thinking that 2% means 2% of the profit and shaming Niji more than warranted.
Mysta said it was "like 1%." Perhaps people misunderstand, but the mark-up is at least 10%, and anything less than 30% is highly unlikely. In business, the very general rule of thumb is to aim for a 40% mark-up. In any case, the interests of all parties involved must always be aligned and the sale price split does not achieve this. It is a bad business clause.
E1:
Given Niji's cookiecutter merch, I'd be surprised if the markup was less than 1000% tbh.

I'm under no illusions concerning the markup for the Subaru merch I got, either. It's a plush duck and some plastic. The profit span is going to be ludicrous essentially by definition.
I won't put any specific guess, but Murray argues as if the merch was barely profitable which is simply unfeasible. Even asuming the mark-up is barely 20%, the 2% cut is terrible because it would be around 10% profit split.

E2:
Seriously, Nijisanji is big corpo and they must employ their own lawyers. Stop acting as if contracts and laws are some kind of boogeyman and valid excuse for anything.

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter

Scuddle

Pope of にじさんじ
It's your special mix of factual analysis and ad hominem attacks in the same breath that make you so... Scuddle.

Unless someone leaks contracts we can't know either way but Kson is friends with other vtubers so I might believe her over you. As far as the Covid/Niji issue - it would make more sense to assume that Covid was an ancillary reason, not the entire reason. The talents tweeting passively aggressive about the issue is where the rrats are breed.
I wouldn't describe it as ad hominem because the critique is against her position on the matter and not her as a person. She has posted a tweet attacking another company's financial approach at a time her own company has had people leave this week due to a contract that is financially unsatisfying. Two of them have left for another management team to handle them.

And even if you trust her more than me, which is fine, she has been signed onto two companies and knows that different agencies have different methods of making their money. She shit on Hololive's 50% cuts as the basis for promoting VShojo on her announcement stream and now she is shitting on Niji as a basis for promoting VShojo, but the latter has the added snag of having no context around what that '2%' actually is so she has jumped the shark.

Also, the reason I don't buy COVID as an ancillary reason is because Luxiem were in Japan at the time COVID-19 cases spiked during the winter and the cancellation came when cases were rapidly declining. At the most dangerous time to have foreign nationals in Japan, Luxiem had already been and gone.

Obviously, speculation is speculation, but blaming COVID has become a convenient Get Out Of Jail Free card for businesses these last 3 years or so. My personal belief is that they wanted a NijiEN concert at the very beginning of their first fiscal quarter of 2024 (it was scheduled to take place on the weekend after the next fiscal year turned over on Apr 1), so that it would look strong for their first quarterly financial report; however they realised they couldn't do it in time and girls like Pomu and Reimu were getting sick with stress, so their hand was forced to delay it to the start of another quarter.

IdenticalPlateaus

I don't know what you mean. How would them getting 2% of the profits mean the company would run at a loss or the talents would game the system (what system)?
I may have misunderstood but I was referring to 2% of sales price. If the money they get is based on sales price then they would always want to be operating on the slimmest margin possible.

Manufacturing cost: $99
Sales price: $100
Talent profit: $2
Company profit: - $1

To be clear I don't think they would be able to do that. That's what I meant by restrictions, they probably have a minimum mark up they need to meet. Regardless, using sales price to base revenue split on seems bizarre.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Shockingly principled, and yeah my rrat is that he definitely had a chat with Cover about working for them on their new Hololive game or making another new game entirely.
Maybe because the next update after Gen 2 will be Gen 3 and there is one issue there.
Thinking something big happened from the page count just to catch up and find only autism of the lowest possible quality :pathetic:

Kagura Nana (Ayame and Nazuna's artist mama, big indie chuuba, APEX/Rust addict, martial artist, very good singer) announced that she's doing a 3D live in 2 days (5/12 21:00 JST) where she'll show off a new outfit. She has a rather unique guest list too: Patra, Miko, Ollie, Yozuna Niu and Itoi Toi from Neo-Porte and Ohashi Ayaka, a big voice actress mostly known from Bang Dream and Idolmaster.
View attachment 24558
View attachment 24559
This is great but keep in mind her previous 3D lives started later than scheduled. I'm talking 20 minutes+ delay.
Its something to note that apparently to some section of internet, tarkov girls are quite scarily degen or weirdos.

Thats what happen when your lore is all about being stuck in a fictional war-torn city filled with bandits and warring PMCs, I guess.
Interesting, don't know about that. The only Tarkov girl I know is 774's Hebiyoi Tier who did a cooking stream showing bare hands (no gloves) and owns Patra's oppai mouse pad (which she squeezed 51 minutes in). She's an ASMR oneesan if you're interested.

Regarding 774 themselves I wonder whether they will be alright with Patra leaving since she was basically their top talent and I would think their top earner as well. She streamed yesterday to around 5k viewers and I can't really remember other 4view 774 member (maybe Inaba Haneru).

Right now she's starting a Stardew Valley playthrough.

Meloco clip which sparks some serious discussion in chat

Shigure Ui with some NijiHolo and making people jealous

Yakumo Beni's Vtuber identity got found out by her sister.

Limkin

And even if you trust her more than me, which is fine, she has been signed onto two companies and knows that different agencies have different methods of making their money. She shit on Hololive's 50% cuts as the basis for promoting VShojo on her announcement stream and now she is shitting on Niji as a basis for promoting VShojo, but the latter has the added snag of having no context around what that '2%' actually is so she has jumped the shark.
Different people have different priorities on what they want to make money from as well. It definitely could be possible she thinks the people who left are idiots, because from her point of view, the proposed revenue split was awesome, but not from theirs. But she is not going to talk about it because she is a shill and can't open the company to criticism. Also of note, her only way of promoting vshoujo has always been to shit on competition. If the only way someone tries to make themselves to look better is to make others look worse their words should never be trusted, as they are from the get go incredibly biased

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
I remembered someone linked Zea's deep-dive stream about parasocial relationships a few days ago so I'm going to link a tangentially related stream she did earlier this morning mainly focusing on VTuber graduation socio-effect (Also perfect timing considering this is her last week before her own graduation)

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Interesting, don't know about that
This is actually more on the ones that are SPECIFICALLY basing their design and lore on tarkov, which is well, all of the Projects girls (Whiskey, Sleepy, and Rye)

The rest of the "Tarkov" girl is pretty much just your atypical animu vtuber girls that somehow find it fun playing Tarkov.

As far as I know, the tarkov focused vtuber I have watched so far is like:
- Kaminari Qpi, whose basically one of them gyaru gamers that would fit "gyaru appreciator" category.

Last edited:

chihirogumi

Chii-chan is collabing with Astel from Holostars for the first time ever in Apex. She's also playing with flesh streamer/PUBG pro AlphaAzur

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Only very distantly vtuber related, but when the doctor tells you to drink a lot before your first blood plasma donation, and you feel like you've drunk more than enough, drink more still.

If you don't, you'll feel fine for most of the donation, then suddenly, on the last cycle, a flutter in your stomach, you start to coldsweat, your head goes hazy, and the next thing you know you're surrounded by a doctor and a nurse, all in thirty seconds flat.

Also, thanks to my veins being tiny (so tiny I just barely made the cut to be allowed to donate a week prior), whether the vein they hit works is a gamble. Well, it worked with the second vein they hit with that gigantic needle of theirs, at least.

But the plasma was good, so there's that.

I'm far too distant for that donation to ever actually go to Mousey, but who- or wherever it goes to, I trust it'll help.

(to be clear, entirely my fault for missinterpreting the two litre recommendation, but I still felt like venting a bit, even if it's over my own stupidity)

RiverBear

It definitely wasn't COVID but scheduling issues aren't limited to studio capacity and availability.

Let's do some napkin math:
LazuLight were in Japan for 3 weeks to record their 3D debuts as well as some extra tidbits. Luxiem were also in Japan for about 3 weeks as well.

So if we assume Niji need about 3 weeks per wave, then they'd need to squeeze in about 9 weeks or more on Obsydia, Ethyria and Noctyx to fly into Japan within the 11 weeks between the NJU announcement (Jan 22) and the Event (Apr 8-9). This gives them a 2-week margin for error to fly out 10 more members - all with untested 3D rigs - just to do the recording. Engineers would then need more time to clean everything up.

COLORS was never an issue of if Anycolor had the facilities to do it, but moreso that everyone and their mothers would have been crunched to an insanely high level for a chance at completion that still wasn't 100%. In the last month alone there have been 6x 3D Debuts, 1x 3D Live, 1x New 3D outfit Live, a couple of Anniversary Lives and regular broadcast of shows like ゲームる? ゲームる! In the last 3 months there have been AT LEAST 7 Birthday Lives (one of them being 8 hours long). The company definitely doesn't need to start outsourcing 3D facilities.

Tangential to this, and this'll be my last post for a little while because I'm in the middle of some shit that needs my attention, but I've spent the last two days on and off scouring Anycolor's financial reports in a desperate search for any hackneyed equation that would lead False and his 'sources' of totally legitimate, not /vt/ tribalspergs to the conclusion that there is a 98:2 split on physical merch and I literally cannot find fucking anything.

Like, there's nothing there. The financial reports don't even compartmentalise physical merch from digital goods, so net profit and gross profit is skewed because there's no way to identify what the share between the company and individuals are.

The only things you can really parse from those graphs is that even shitty A-posing acrylic stands have a fuckton of overhead costs. With no grasp on if the 2% (if even real) is gross profit or net profit it's difficult to have any opinion on it at all, so it's a little sad that everyone is typing at the speed of outrage over something that, for all intents and purposes as of typing this, was made up.

That includes Kson's tweets about it, which she made in full knowledge that she has no idea on if it's true or not. Her campaign to show why VShojo is the best and every other corpo is the worst would be admirable - if not for the fact that 2/3 of the graduated members have jumped ship to Mythic with one of them, Nyanners, going on record to say that her VShojo contract didn't make any financial sense to her. Three people graduated because being an Indie or being in Mythic was better for them. Think about that, and think about how that undermines Kson's entire pitch when she joined.

EDIT: As I was writing this up, Sukosuko announced a 3D DJ event taking place in a couple days.

cope more niji nog

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Who knew I act differently when the main targets of my personality aren't people who regard bestgore and liveleak in the same terms as a normal person would regard sepia-toned family photographs.
Who is more foolish the fool or the fool who leads them.

Your stuck with us forever.
Looks like FalseEyeD is pushing hard on the NijiBad train, now with the conditions for Selen's outfit contest

People have posted similar events ITT and its seemingly normal, although apparently Niji does take the rights of submitted designs instead of just the winning picks

it'''s annoying that the designs rights don't revert to the artist if they fall out of use but also that's fucking standard .

False is just stirring shit Selen wants to do this and out of her own pocket because as stupid as it is there are alot of problems with using fan designs even if you assume they are not being malicious about it like sneaking a copyrighted design element into it
I didn't see this posted and I guess is sorta Vtuber related, Amalee/Monarch announced she will voice character on Honkai Star Rail:

Obviously if you know Amalee is no surprised since she was a VA before she started Vtubin but, but this hopefully means her getting a role on Genshin at some point is in the cards, since fellow voice actor and Vtuber CyYu also voices characters in both.

Chances are the only reason shes not is she turned down the role shes already a well known VA and has been for a long while and fellow youtuber YongYea is even smaller and he has like 3 roles in it so offering her work has to have happened before now.

fuck you ill reply as late as i want.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

Archive
No drama tonight. Looks like we'll have to wait till Saturday to hear her voice.

Boo! I've been waiting for this seethe since Pikamee announced her graduation, quit blueballing us!
Perhaps seeing all the yabs happening at Anycolor are making me realize that VShojo isn't as bad as I've perceived. Just need to give Froot the boot and they'll be alright.
I think calling this drama is a streach, they just announced a new member, if anything this one of the few positive news they had shared in the past month, the fact some people might not be happy she decide to go there wouldn't really warrant calling it drama.
In terms of actual Yabs Niji has always been the real title holder. The problem with Vshojo discussion is that a lot of people have a serious issue with being able to separate their dislike of what they think Vshojo stands for from the actual facts of a situation, the implications of what happened, and the extent to which the parties involved & their actual audience even cares. Silver going indie is a yab because there's clearly a lot of broken friendships and shade being thrown and implications on how the lack of management just allowed drama to breed. Vei & Nyanners going indie are nothingburgers because (so far as we know) it's just a business decision to not renew their contracts.
Honestly a lot of it has the air of the likes of Henri, who went from a Kson simp to anti just because she changed which badge she was wearing...with a year of grace in-between. It wasn't some grand betrayal. They weren't involved with her as an indie, they aren't now, the seethe is just tribalism at its most blatant.
Edit: Same thing's going to happen to Pikamee. Just watch. She'll probably see more hate from this than she will from the troons, who never like to be reminded of their own bad behaviour (and worse: that they were ineffective).

Last edited:

themanimthehills

Chances are the only reason shes not is she turned down the role shes already a well known VA and has been for a long while and fellow youtuber YongYea is even smaller and he has like 3 roles in it so offering her work has to have happened before now.
Rrat time; Amalee was denied the Genshin role because she has a vagina.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Only very distantly vtuber related, but when the doctor tells you to drink a lot before your first blood plasma donation, and you feel like you've drunk more than enough, drink more still.

If you don't, you'll feel fine for most of the donation, then suddenly, on the last cycle, a flutter in your stomach, you start to coldsweat, your head goes hazy, and the next thing you know you're surrounded by a doctor and a nurse, all in thirty seconds flat.

Also, thanks to my veins being tiny (so tiny I just barely made the cut to be allowed to donate a week prior), whether the vein they hit works is a gamble. Well, it worked with the second vein they hit with that gigantic needle of theirs, at least.

But the plasma was good, so there's that.

I'm far too distant for that donation to ever actually go to Mousey, but who- or wherever it goes to, I trust it'll help.

(to be clear, entirely my fault for missinterpreting the two litre recommendation, but I still felt like venting a bit, even if it's over my own stupidity)
!hydrate

God's Strongest Dragoon

Niji's don't give out 3d's or concerts the same way as Holo so no worries about that.
Yeah, I figured as much. Expecting 3D lives for every talent and a fraction of them having small/mini concerts would be a nightmare for model designers and tech crews. Their tech/model quality for 3D has been ahead of Hololive for years and to expect them to pump them out as much frequently as Hololive is delusional. There's about 147 talents in just their main branch. Expecting all of them to have a 3D model done that is similar to their high model quality is silly.

Hololive (not counting Stars) hasn't released any talents since March of 2022 and has been apparently been focusing more on developing their current roster's projects before expanding it, hence the brand new studio with supposedly 6 studio stages and booths. I actually expect it to make the girls even more busy, not counting Japanese business autism you described with meeting at the office. Before the new studio, someone from EN might fly over for a few weeks to work on a single project because those are the only days they can schedule the studio for use. With the new studio, they might be there longer to do multiple projects as scheduling is freed up. So EN/ID might travel less frequently but their excursions may last longer.

Has anyone ever watched 3D content that was actually good?
The 3D scuff is some of the best scuff

In the last 3 months there have been AT LEAST 7 Birthday Lives
And there has been 39 birthdays in the main branch from February to April. I'm not doomposting that "niji really needs to borrow Cover's stuff because they can't schedule stuff" because that's clearly false. I'm talking about weird interactions like the month of August for Nijisanji's main branch. From August 1st to August 11th, there is 10 birthdays in 11 days with 2 of them being on the same day. I assume Niji doesn't make every birthday a 3D live but if only a third of those talents had models completed and wanted their birthday to be a 3D live, that's basically a dead spot on the calendar for scheduling any other 3D events.

It's not an emergency issue, it's simply addressing an efficiency issue when crunch gets forced, like a once every two year thing for Nijisanji. In that January 22nd to April 8th timeline you provided, there's 30 birthdays. If it takes about 3 weeks per wave, there's likely half a dozen birthdays (realistically only 1-2 of them have 3D lives according to the 7 Birthday lives over 3 month example) that align with that visit, which means you can't just have them in there day in and day out to crunch. You either cuck the people that want to do a 3D live birthday or take longer to do a wave.

It most likely doesn't take as much crew to run a 3D live birthday as their model has been fully tested, while the new wave recordings likely need more people to do testing, recording, and fixes. Niji could just send a smaller team over to a Holo studio for a day to do the 3D live birthday while having no interrupt to the process for the concert. The cost of renting the studio and paying the skeleton crew to record that Birthday live may be less than paying the extra night or two to have that wave in Japan. Again it's not a necessity, it's just an efficiency decision and knowing Japanese autism, they likely couldn't give less of a fuck. This is a "break glass in case of time limit" shit. One of the talents may even want to pay to rent the studio themselves while Niji's main tech team is busy

I wouldn't describe it as ad hominem because the critique is against her position on the matter and not her as a person. She has posted a tweet attacking another company's financial approach at a time her own company has had people leave this week due to a contract that is financially unsatisfying. Two of them have left for another management team to handle them.

Also of note, her only way of promoting vshoujo has always been to shit on competition. If the only way someone tries to make themselves to look better is to make others look worse their words should never be trusted, as they are from the get go incredibly biased
I think anyone that takes Kson at face value with this stuff is either delusional or disingenuous. Simply the way she posts shit like this is pretty blatant shilling, especially after Vshojo just lost 3 members (half of them being part of their upcoming Smite collab). If there's anything to ascertain from her posting, it's that she's eager to jump on the "Niji bad" bandwagon to redirect attention away from the Silvervale drama at her company.

I may have misunderstood but I was referring to 2% of sales price. If the money they get is based on sales price then they would always want to be operating on the slimmest margin possible.

Manufacturing cost: $99
Sales price: $100
Talent profit: $2
Company profit: - $1

To be clear I don't think they would be able to do that. That's what I meant by restrictions, they probably have a minimum mark up they need to meet. Regardless, using sales price to base revenue split on seems bizarre.
I think the whole "2%" thing is pretty bizarre but the way Mysta spoke of it made it sound like a worse case scenario. However unless we get more concrete info, I'm going to hold off on memeing the 2% shit.

Fuck, I need to stop writing these long multi posts before going to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom