"Why is there a horseshoe in there? I don't get it"Chisaka Airi (looking at a drawer full of dildos)

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
This is actually more on the ones that are SPECIFICALLY basing their design and lore on tarkov, which is well, all of the Projects girls (Whiskey, Sleepy, and Rye)

The rest of the "Tarkov" girl is pretty much just your atypical animu vtuber girls that somehow find it fun playing Tarkov.

As far as I know, the tarkov focused vtuber I have watched so far is like:
- Kaminari Qpi, whose basically one of them gyaru gamers that would fit "gyaru appreciator" category.
Is project tarkov thing? I always wondered why the 3 of the had similar names and I never could find any connection besides them being friends and Tarkov

also caught a member Serafi Amano karaoke from a gift sub yesterday she's pretty good

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
New Suisei cover song premiering tomorrow

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Is project tarkov thing? I always wondered why the 3 of the had similar names and I never could find any connection besides them being friends and Tarkov

also caught a member Serafi Amano karaoke from a gift sub yesterday she's pretty good
As Sleepy has explained it, basically she designed her avatar and then a modeler saw that and designed her model. But in order to use it he requested her to add the Project to her name. I assume that it's the same case with Whiskey and Rye. I don't know anything past that because that would imply that he stopped doing it after those three for some reason.

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Wait, I remember Niji 3D technology and studio is much better and bigger than Hololive? I could be wrong, but I remember vaguely that people praised Niji 3D tech when compared with Hololive (Hope some Nijibros or Nijisisters could comment on this). I doubt they will need to hire Holo's studio.
Their 3D and AR tech is pretty much top of the industry. I'm not an expert so I might be full of shit, but I'm guessing rigging a table tennis ball so the talent can play table tennis in 3D takes some skill. That said, I'd say Holo's current 3D is a far cry from the Korone meme, and has been catching up pretty alright.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
So apparently calli and ina wants to invite someone who knows fighting game for the casting of the tournament calli is organizing. I dont know who this guy is but since we have a couple of fighting game connoisseur here maybe someone can give a background on him?

Archive
the stream is timestamped at the time they start talking about it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230511-092423_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230511-092423_Twitter.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Surely Calli wouldn't be so dumb as to invite a m*le to do commentary for the girls, right?

:smugrys:

niggaphil

Surely Calli wouldn't be so dumb as to invite a m*le to do commentary for the girls, right?
To be fair, I would like her to invite DSP for shit and giggles :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Edit:
I mean, The unicorns cant be mad and feel cucked by DSP right, RIGHT????

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
The connection is mostly around the tidbits of their characters designs and that the artist, JIZILZUMI has been drawing tarkov/tactical girls before.

The elements that makes it tarkov were:
- Whiskey Project wore USEC baseball cap and is mentioned in her lore that she's part of it. In Tarkov USEC is one of the PMC side you can be part of, representing the western-focused ones. She also has Jack Daniels on some of her picture, something that you can acquire in game.
- Sleepy meanwhile has a BEAR hat and holding a bottle of moonshine. BEAR is again, one of the PMC you can join in Tarkov, representing the "russian" focused ones and the moonshine is also something you can find in game. And this might be a reach, but her adidas-like jacket is almost similar to that of Killa, a hostile scavenger boss you can fight in Tarkov that wore such jacket along with armored vest and steel masked helmet painted to match the adidas 3 white lines.
- Rye herself, while not based from either BEAR or USEC, is drawn wearing a steel russian helmet that you can find and wear in Tarkov. And her name is based from the Rye croutons snacks that you can find in-game.

As Sleepy has explained it, basically she designed her avatar and then a modeler saw that and designed her model. But in order to use it he requested her to add the Project to her name. I assume that it's the same case with Whiskey and Rye. I don't know anything past that because that would imply that he stopped doing it after those three for some reason.
Whiskey came first, so I guess that when Sleepy comes in, Jizi decided to merge the design Sleepy got to fit with Whiskey's, while making new one to fit Rye when Rye started out.

Also funnily enough, it wasnt really started on Whiskey either. Jizi did the design of a japanese twitch vtuber named ChocolatteGames (currently on hiatus) whose very first design is basically "Whiskey but with pink hair"

RiverBear

So apparently calli and ina wants to invite someone who knows fighting game for the casting of the tournament calli is organizing. I dont know who this guy is but since we have a couple of fighting game connoisseur here maybe someone can give a background on him?

Archive
Im looking right now for the time stamp from the stream they had yesterday

Streamer and Commentator for FGCs.
Knows nothing about VTubers but is open minded about any and all communities.

He's a solid pick, but people like Koe could have an edge since they do know more about Holo as a whole

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
To be fair, I would like her to invite DSP for shit and giggles :Vesper-UNHINGED:
DSP once placed fourth in a Super Street Fighter II Turbo tournament twenty years ago on a dodgy game port, I'll have you know.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Subaru is getting absolutely mauled by the subatomo

niggaphil

DSP once placed fourth in a Super Street Fighter II Turbo tournament twenty years ago on a dodgy game port, I'll have you know.
But he claimed he is number 1 in the America after that tournamnet. :thisisstupid:

I would like to see him interact with other ppl, and act like a stupid retard (like what happened to the Sidescroller interview few months ago), and also talking bullshit and nonsense out from his ass (DUDE I AM PRESSING THEBUTTON!!! NETCODE ROLLBACK IS BULLSHIT!).

The DSP detractors and Hololive clippers gonna have a fucking wild ride with this kind of train wreck collabs

Edit:
Kiwifarms is down even on TOR for me, I can't access the full DSP thread to make sure my shitposts are 100% lore accurate.
Go to Youtube and watch the last 4 months of detractor video. Or just watch the SideScroller Podcast, that should be enough to catch up:

Last edited:

RiroRonsDad

Archive

Sajam started commentating in early street fighter v, he is so insightful in how he comments on whats happening on the screen in a very clear spoken way that he got invited to commentate on so many other fighting games. Now he also streams on twitch since pandemic and honestly has made a name for himself as one of the best commentator around.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
And even if you trust her more than me, which is fine, she has been signed onto two companies and knows that different agencies have different methods of making their money. She shit on Hololive's 50% cuts as the basis for promoting VShojo on her announcement stream and now she is shitting on Niji as a basis for promoting VShojo, but the latter has the added snag of having no context around what that '2%' actually is so she has jumped the shark.
cut-it.gif

Dont try to attack Kson for the Sake of your argument most people here will defend her despite the fact that she is clearly biased
I wish Yagoo or somebody at Cover got someone with a International affairs degree at 2020 or 2019 so this conversation didnt have a reason to exist but i guess when you are a tech company that becomes a vtuber agency the last thing i would think is that i needed to fight nationalistic chinks

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
But he claimed he is number 1 in the America after that tournamnet. :thisisstupid:

I would like to see him interact with other ppl, and act like a stupid retard (like what happened to the Sidescroller interview few months ago), and also talking bullshit and nonsense out from his ass (DUDE I AM PRESSING THEBUTTON!!! NETCODE ROLLBACK IS BULLSHIT!).

The DSP detractors and Hololive clippers gonna have a fucking wild ride with this kind of train wreck collabs
Kiwifarms is down even on TOR for me, I can't access the full DSP thread to make sure my shitposts are 100% lore accurate.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Their 3D and AR tech is pretty much top of the industry. I'm not an expert so I might be full of shit, but I'm guessing rigging a table tennis ball so the talent can play table tennis in 3D takes some skill. That said, I'd say Holo's current 3D is a far cry from the Korone meme, and has been catching up pretty alright.

Yeah, Cover's tech kind of slipped when they transitioned into focusing on Vtubing but it's not too bad, this is one of the reasons Niji started asking your measurement (height) in the audition process in order to properly fit a future 3D model.

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
Streamer and Commentator for FGCs.
Knows nothing about VTubers but is open minded about any and all communities.

He's a solid pick, but people like Koe could have an edge since they do know more about Holo as a whole
I would still pick Sajam over Koe simply because Sajam has way more experience actually commentating. Maybe it would be more palatable having a holofan commentate on the game rather than some outsider but I believe being able to commentate and entertain the play by play requires skill and experience. Koe is a decently skilled FGC player but I don't think he's commentated any actual events like Sajam has.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Screenshot_20230511_105237_Twitter.png

Suisei trying to get the rrats to leave Nijisanji and come back to Cover

Edit: I believe as @TheRratC said, she is just busy with music atm.

Last edited:

uquusquad

creator, innovator, artist, idea
Early Adopter

Archive

While we are on that stream...
Has this been mentioned yet? Suisei, sora and marine will be at the EN concert.
1212131231312.JPG
Clock me if I am late. Edit: fck have this as a token of apology

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom