"Are you gonna fap to my voice?"Fujikura Uruka

General Vtuber Discussion (V1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Gonna go ahead and blame Proctor for this one.

No Name

By the grace of Allah, why does fun stuff always seem to happen when I go offline for longer periods?
I've managed to miss the Zaion drama, Vshojo is getting a new member, Kson doing retarded Kson things, Nijisanji memes, Nolan getting belted, Papa Proctor longposting.

What else? How much can happen in 10ish days?

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
The only things you can really parse from those graphs is that even shitty A-posing acrylic stands have a fuckton of overhead costs. With no grasp on if the 2% (if even real) is gross profit or net profit it's difficult to have any opinion on it at all, so it's a little sad that everyone is typing at the speed of outrage over something that, for all intents and purposes as of typing this, was made up.
I'm sorry, friend, but this is cope. Of course minutiae of contracts aren't going to be in public financial disclosures. I believe the 2% because I trust False when he says he checked that number with multiple sources before reporting it, and because it lines up with what livers themselves have said, both that one that specifically said he gets around 2% per sale (I can't remember who that was, but the clip was posted here) and those who put merch at the bottom of the list when asked how best to financially support them.

That said, I still think that 2% is referring to 2% of the total sales price and not 2% of the profit, and thus we can't really do anything with that number without knowing what the markup is on the product. I think a lot of people, including kson, are thinking that 2% means 2% of the profit and shaming Niji more than warranted.
For people allergic to dramatubers, Mysta and Pomu's timestamps from their own VODs (thanks, Empty_Inbox and my still-working memory).
Local archive of Mysta
Catbox of Pomu

Mysta transcript (I rewound a bit for context):
"Me when buying Niji merch"? Wait, does Niji merch have like international shipping costs? Does that have [VAT]? I don't know, I've never ordered anything. (reading chat) Yes? (laughs) Get fucked, idiots! Yo, you guys are getting fucked over, while I'm sitting here, in your money. (exaggerated stretching noises) Let me stretch my fuckin' feet, woooo! I'm just kidding, bro, I get like 1% from merch sales. I ain't get shit. Fuck, man, I'm getting scammed myself. Maaaan. (laughs) I wish I was joking. Anyway. (laughs) What else is there to talk about, bro?

Pomu transcript
If you're ever curious about how, if you wanna support people, like the livers, what's the easiest, or bestest, I guess, what's the biggest bang for your buck... it would be... Streamlabs? Streamlabs and voice packs? Then superchats, then merch. In that order. (clears throat) "Merch last"? Mm-hm. "What about members"? I'm actually not sure... what cut Youtube - I've seen like differentiating [sic] things about what the cut that Youtube takes from members stuff, so I'm not really sure. (clears throat) But yeah. So if you're ever curious, not just for me, but for everybody in Nijisanji, uh, super - not super, Streamlabs and voice packs are the best way to support your favourite liver. Mm-hm. So even if you were just like, I never superchat or do anything like that, and you're just like, I'm gonna buy a bunch of voice packs or something. Not a bunch, that's kinda weird. You'll be like, I'll buy a voice pack instead, like that, that's okay, you know. Don't ever feel bad - oh, and, you're also supporting by just watching and being here too. So don't ever feel like you have to donate or, or buy anything, or anything like that. Hm. (reads chat for a while) So, just if - just if you're curious. Merch is fine, we just get the lowest - amount - split, for that kind of stuff. Between superchats and Streamlabs and voice packs. Hm. "[About] your custom voice pack back then"? Fine, fixed, finished, oh my gosh, that was so much fun to do though. I would love to do custom voice packs again.

Mysta was joking, so the percentage is probably not exact, but the idea of an unsatisfyingly low split is there. Pomu doesn't give a percentage but is quite clear that merch gives them the lowest split out of their options. The 2% meme is missing a lot of context (ssg dramatubers), like the splits from other monetisation options (IIRC VOMS gives 0% of merch but doesn't touch donos) or whether the low split comes from the sales price or the profit or whatever else. But the livers themselves have said that the merch split is low, and the lowest of their options.

Meloco clip which sparks some serious discussion in chat

Of course she would. She's a good Catholic girl.

Last edited:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Michiru is playing Tits on the Kingkong, if you're into that give her a watch.
In fact I'm making it a policy that, if I have the time, I'm watching any new AAA release from an indie or a 2views point of view. The big-clit megastars don't need my viewership.

DrStupid

Resident Undertaker
Early Adopter
Apparently Wemi bought a pregnancy test kit instead of Covid test kit.... Time to rrats, boys!!!

Anyone able to archieve that tweet? When I saw it, she deleted the original picture

edit: luckily managed to screencap from my phone twitter

View attachment 24725

themanimthehills

By the grace of Allah, why does fun stuff always seem to happen when I go offline for longer periods?
I've managed to miss the Zaion drama, Vshojo is getting a new member, Kson doing retarded Kson things, Nijisanji memes, Nolan getting belted, Papa Proctor longposting.

What else? How much can happen in 10ish days?
You missed a lot of people on the forum being banned for lusting for farts.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
For people allergic to dramatubers, Mysta and Pomu's timestamps (thanks, Empty_Inbox and my still-working memory).
Local archive of Mysta
Catbox of Pomu

Mysta transcript (I rewound a bit for context):

Pomu transcript

Mysta was joking, so the percentage is probably not exact, but the idea of an unsatisfyingly low split is there. Pomu doesn't give a percentage but is quite clear that merch gives them the lowest split out of their options. The 2% meme is missing a lot of context (ssg dramatubers), like the splits from other monetisation options (VOMS gives 0% of merch but doesn't touch donos) or whether the low split comes from the sales price or the profit or whatever else. But the livers themselves have said that the merch split is low, and the lowest of their options.

Of course she would. She's a good Catholic girl.
Not sure what's the split for voicepacks, but those being one of the core income sources seem to be the common theme in Niji. When Mayuzumi was still there, I remember his voicepack income was so insane that he kept his YT monetization closed except for special cases, and was still able to drop big charity donations to places like orphanages.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
No Mozu stream for today, but a very important update:
1683824157764.png

:wtfman::shiinawangy:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Speaking of Lumi

She's finally back
:polkasticks:

Stunned But Dumb

VTuberThrow

Sajam's a good pick for commentator if they see his tweet. He could probably solo it but I imagine he'd get along pretty well with Koe or Mori if either of them wanted to do color commentary with him.
As far as monetization, I honestly think I'd rather take a larger portion of superchats/memberships/etc and let the corpo take more of the merch personally. Feels like you have more control over the stream-related income and it's also more consistent which would help plan bills and such.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I really really really really wish I could find a vtuber who isn't massively dysfunctional.
Thats like wishing for a virgin hooker, they can probably start functional but at some point something is gonna crumble

Last edited:

Spergatory

Early Adopter

Horo7618

No one in particular
I really really really really wish I could find a vtuber who isn't massively dysfunctional.
Hmm, least dysfunctional vtuber.... at least of the major EN ones, could it really be Kiara?!? Think about it: she can cook and appears to keep a fairly civilized apartment, she goes to the doctor, she's capable of international travel by herself and generally able to deal with other people without completely breaking down. It's a low bar to be sure, but I think she only rates a "minorly dysfunctional" tag.....

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
What the fuck?

Who are these weird fleshy blobs and why are they anywhere near the autismo queen?

I don't think anyone is prepared for what role-playing with Lia means..

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
What the fuck?

Fishman, nigga, of all the possible cesspools you can pick to associate your company with, you pick the one with the most faggotry in it and not the fun kind of faggotry.

:fishfry::fishfry::fishfry::fishfry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom