"Every time a new gen debuts, I always wait and see if they talk about the senpais they admire, always hoping that maybe I'm one of them? This time... (EN3) there wasn't. I can't wait to be admired too"Omaru Polka

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Ok, but like, how often is she actually going to use these animations and toggles? That's the kicker that always comes to mind for me. People spending thousands on a cutting edge model only to spend all their time with the same chest-up view and few generic expressions. Like Shylily said in that clip, most vtubers could do with learning how to actually pilot a model and act/emote properly and save a lot of money in the process.

Why learn to act when you can pay exorbitant fees (priced at exploitative rates intentionally!) to attain a button that will "act" for you, only for you to forget to press it 10 out of 10 times when it would be needed?

Bronze

Maybe hexa dog is debuting:

She's definitely not hexa. Liked her energy though.
I'm returning to my rock duties

jebby

Ok 👍
She's definitely not hexa. Liked her energy though.
I'm returning to my rock duties
Was just about to say she is probably not hexa

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Ka-ching has a video premiering 5 minutes before their stream later today. Possibly another shitpost cover song?

this better be a september cover :PomuAngry:
I'm actually fine with whatever as long as we get more airi singing :pomuLove:
Like Shylily said in that clip, most vtubers could do with learning how to actually pilot a model and act/emote properly and save a lot of money in the process.
I don't remember who it was but learning how to emote has the side effect of them making goofy ass faces in public. Whoever it was said that while going out with a friend the friend noticed how she would make these over exaggerated faces without noticing :Vesper-UNHINGED: I'm not versed in the technical side of the models but isn't emoting a combination of the camera's tracking and the model software? or how does it work exactly?

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
I'm not versed in the technical side of the models but isn't emoting a combination of the camera's tracking and the model software? or how does it work exactly?

That plus whatever the tolerances are for translating facial expression into model animation. It's generally not a 1:1 translation because it would cause the model to wig out a bit too easily from the several layers of computing it has to run through that doesn't understand nuances of emotion, and you can adjust just how strong the 'translation' is from "input" to "output". There's a lot of fiddling and testing to go into getting the ranges right and the best results are generally having settings where the model won't flip through expressions at the slightest brow movement and requires slightly exaggerated expressions to read through into the model, but the end result looks good. A lot of midtier nobodies don't do that tweaking and try to compensate with a hundred buttons because taking the initiative to master their craft is too much effort, they just want to cash in on a fad, not actually invest time into developing a skill.

VSoyBoy

lol this *just* got privated, wonder why
The video and the accompanying Reddit post got a lot of traction, but in both cases the comments were a lot more mixed than the ratings would suggest (I would say pretty close to 50/50 actually, although the froot side is probably the more vocal one). Could be he's second guessing himself, could be he's getting angry messages by the people affected. Chances are we won't find out.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
That plus whatever the tolerances are for translating facial expression into model animation. It's generally not a 1:1 translation because it would cause the model to wig out a bit too easily from the several layers of computing it has to run through that doesn't understand nuances of emotion, and you can adjust just how strong the 'translation' is from "input" to "output". There's a lot of fiddling and testing to go into getting the ranges right and the best results are generally having settings where the model won't flip through expressions at the slightest brow movement and requires slightly exaggerated expressions to read through into the model, but the end result looks good. A lot of midtier nobodies don't do that tweaking and try to compensate with a hundred buttons because taking the initiative to master their craft is too much effort, they just want to cash in on a fad, not actually invest time into developing a skill.
One example of a person who's masterful at controlling their model is korone, her base isn't that expressive (older rig) but she gets a ton of mileage out of it.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

DogBone

The Video and the accompanying Reddit post got a lot of traction, but in both cases the comments were a lot more mixed than the ratings would suggest (I would say pretty close to 50/50 actually, although the froot side is probably the more vocal one). Could be he's second guessing himself, could be he's getting angry messages by the people affected. Chances are we won't find out.
Boo! What a boring fence-sitter. Imagine all the content he'd be able to mine just by making fun of Froot and her legion of simps.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
God damnit. Can someone kindly give me an archive of that video? I'm pissed because I assumed Asmongoloid of all people wouldn't try and DFE something like this. I hate men.

niggaphil

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
God damnit. Can someone kindly give me an archive of that video? I'm pissed because I assumed Asmongoloid of all people wouldn't try and DFE something like this. I hate men.
He's a ratlord not a man. Anyway the damage is done.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Early Adopter
One example of a person who's masterful at controlling their model is korone, her base isn't that expressive (older rig) but she gets a ton of mileage out of it.

It helps that Korone is a fountain of good vibes and happiness and if anything bad ever happens to her I will kill everyone around me on my way to enact vengeance on the source of Korone's pain so help me God. For the federal agents reading this, this is not a joke I am a highly equipped weapon of mass destruction with decades of field experience and 300 confirmed ki-

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS FEDPOST]

Belle Delphine's Armpit

🎨🐿️🔮🧟‍♀🦚🍂📜🔨☔
cool thx archive.org
1727055409900.png

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Poma's (very detailed) ref sheet is out already :MozumiPichi::

I love her design, and I'm definitely going to check her streams... but my autism is acting up.

I think someone in Brave or V4mirai fucked up. Poma Pon is NOT a hyena, and they're covering it up!
Assmongoloid isn't a man.

Top Bottom