"Everyone just hold on a minute, right now Moona will be injibu... indjibooboobuburuuu (Invisible)"Usada Pekora

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

bothyourhouses

Can you also admit that COE, status change, and status renewal all have basically identical forms nowadays and similar processing times?
Not gonna dispute that, I don't know one way or the other, and certainly everything seems to be delayed at the moment.
The plan was probably to apply for COE -> enter JP w/o visa -> COE approved then tourist permit-> long term work permit.
That would have been incredibly dumb, they banned changing from tourist to work visa like 4 years ago (and made some exceptions in the corona era that have now gone). If you modify the theory to say that this trip back to Canada was when she was going to get the visa (after the CoE was issued) then interesting thought but I still don't think it makes sense, even before the current delays CoE times were always pretty unreliable (IIRC visa renewal used to be a consistent 2 weeks whereas CoE was randomly 1-3 months and occasionally longer) so making travel plans that depended on your CoE arriving in a particular timeframe would've been incredibly risky. And fundamentally she's worked in Japan before (at least to the extent of doing streams and tweets) so she must have been on a work visa, and apparently she was in Japan when whatever expiry happened (like, she was tweeting from Japan up until a particular date and then she stopped), so I can't see any scenario where her plan A would have involved getting a CoE rather than doing a renewal/status change.

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
is this a new age of stability for small corpos as more and more "established" ones enter the EN scene rather than completely new projects? Will there finally be stability?
The last vestige of the last generation of small corpos Eien just folded too, only Vreverie is left from that era (and Phase)

Brave and all their acquisition counts, these small companies won't fold until the entire corporation fold.
The EN small corpo space is stabilizing in the sense that there's fewer relevant market players now:
EN small corps 2024.png
I would compare it to the Swiss watch industry post-quartz crisis. You have Brave Group (Swatch) gobbling up some of the legacy brands while simultaneously propping up the brands they already owned. At this time last year, Brave only really had V4Mirai and Globie was just about to launch.

Of the companies outside the Brave umbrella, there's Phase, which is about as big as you can get for a small corpo, V&U which I'm pretty sure is just laundering money for chaebols at this point, Specialite, which has the JP market to fall back on, and PixelLink, which survives by just not exploding, I suppose. And VAllure too, I guess, could survive based on their niche.
Truly interesting. I seriously wonder if bossman was correct in his assertion that small corpos are on the way out. Maybe the new meta will be to grow just big enough to sell to Brave or some other retarded JP tech scam shell company tax writeoff fuckery led by a bunch of moronic geezers and then gtfo because growing from 0 is literally impossible without already having tons of money.

That or just indie-made groups which will disintegrate when one too many whores go on their period at the same time.
There will still be small corpos around, in some form or another, in my view. Quite a few VTubers have talked about wanting the experience of having a proper debut and genmates with some clear goal or direction for their content. Offloading much of the actual busywork to staff is also frequently cited as a big plus. There's still some value in having a recognizable brand, and indie VTuber groups might not be for everyone, particularly for those who don't have the networks for mixers, artists, or talent managers. That most small corpos tend to be mismanaged doesn't mean they will be gone as a concept.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The EN small corpo space is stabilizing in the sense that there's fewer relevant market players now:
View attachment 81027
I would compare it to the Swiss watch industry post-quartz crisis. You have Brave Group (Swatch) gobbling up some of the legacy brands while simultaneously propping up the brands they already owned. At this time last year, Brave only really had V4Mirai and Globie was just about to launch.

Of the companies outside the Brave umbrella, there's Phase, which is about as big as you can get for a small corpo, V&U which I'm pretty sure is just laundering money for chaebols at this point, Specialite, which has the JP market to fall back on, and PixelLink, which survives by just not exploding, I suppose. And VAllure too, I guess, could survive based on their niche.
Truly interesting. I seriously wonder if bossman was correct in his assertion that small corpos are on the way out. Maybe the new meta will be to grow just big enough to sell to Brave or some other retarded JP tech scam shell company tax writeoff fuckery led by a bunch of moronic geezers and then gtfo because growing from 0 is literally impossible without already having tons of money.

That or just indie-made groups which will disintegrate when one too many whores go on their period at the same time.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Salado

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Lumi in shambles.

First she tries flirting with Shiina on stream, and now she's supporting shipping between her and Dizzy on Twitter. She's cheating on Lumi and not even trying to hide it.

It's so over bros.
EauQqXts_o.png

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Hmm, interesting. Seems like Calli (and not her PL) is following Dooby. Also ERB's PL I guess.
1729401711493.png
Note: I follow every HoloEN and their PL (except for Shiori's PL which is privated) and their name will appear in "Followers you know" if they are following her.

niggaphil

Uruka move the stream away because she is going to her neighbour's Lesmaxxing party

orca-image--832309054.jpeg

Jacks Wasted Life

Apparently what counts as work and what doesn't is very strict. Tweeting "Wah!" might count as work because it's on a work account. They have decided to take no risks, I guess
People blaming Cover are stupid. It's a Japanese company, they thrive on doing things by the books. If an intern fucked this up, he has already hung himself out of shame. Which is probably the case.

Legally having to keep one your biggest earners out of work is not something they want.

I'm sorry if it messed up her plans, but to put them solely at blame is moronic.

"yeah we could have made a bunch of money, but we didn't do the paperwork on time" Said no Jap ever.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Hmm, interesting. Seems like Calli (and not her PL) is following Dooby. Also ERB's PL I guess.
Note: I follow every HoloEN's PL (except for Shiori who has hers privated) and their name will appear in "Followers you know" if they are following her.
Cover doesn't seem to care if talents follow PLs of graduated (I know Ame isn't technically, but still) talents on main or they don't bother checking followers. A few follow Namie on their corpo accounts and Haachama followed Kson as Haachama not long after she graduated from Coco. Probably just wants to keep up to date with Ame and right now she definitely uses her Calli account more than DDK.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
People blaming Cover are stupid. It's a Japanese company, they thrive on doing things by the books. If an intern fucked this up, he has already hung himself out of shame. Which is probably the case.

Legally having to keep one your biggest earners out of work is not something they want.

I'm sorry if it messed up her plans, but to put them solely at blame is moronic.

"yeah we could have made a bunch of money, but we didn't do the paperwork on time" Said no Jap ever.
I don't mind calling them incompetent, and this is a fairly sizeable fuckup. I will only say that it is definitely not malicious, which is what REALLY puts me off of corpos.
They also have a track record of being much slower on the uptake when it comes to talent-led projects, if Ina had been invited to Japan by Cover then there would've been no problems whatsoever, but because this half-year long stay was her idea it is both on her own dime and of obvious lower priority for the company.

And I get it, the corpo has 200 odd projects cooking 24/7 and having to shift operations and logistics to accommodate random plans for dozens of talents all wanting to do crazy things is a lot to ask of a big, JAPANESE, company. But it is basically confirmed that they dropped the ball here and it is going to affect not only her plans but probably also the company's own recording schedule too.

Last edited:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Murray, I like you, but complaining about how people react…

Murray, I like you, but please learn to take a punch…

Am I having a stroke?

Anyway, my apologies I guess for not being clear when I'm making a fucking joke. You two like me so much but you don't know me well enough to know that I wouldn't actually need apologies from random strangers on the internet for having the wrong opinion about anime girls. Jesus.

Aside from VAllure which you mentioned it's also missing First Stage Productions and OshiLink. And Holo and Niji of course but I'm guessing you intentionally excluded them. I don't know if you intentionally made the stroke over VRev piss-colored but it's a nice touch either way (this sentence is intended to be humorous, to be clear).

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Anyway, my apologies I guess for not being clear when I'm making a fucking joke. You two like me so much but you don't know me well enough to know that I wouldn't actually need apologies from random strangers on the internet for having the wrong opinion about anime girls. Jesus.
You need to put /s after jokes my guy, people don't understand sarcasm these days. :selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh::selenpointandlaugh:

Top Bottom