"If evil why hot?"Selen Tatsuki

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

thirteenorphans

So Shiori had a membership stream earlier. The skit was fun but then somehow the convo turned towards talks of suicide and depression. She cried a lot and I'm not great at summarising but she seems to be in a better place now and is able to imagine having a future. She's a little odd at times but she's a very sweet person with a good head on her shoulders and I encourage anyone that likes to listen to yapping check her out.

Edit: woops can't link membership streams :painpeko:

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
So Shiori had a membership stream earlier. The skit was fun but then somehow the convo turned towards talks of suicide and depression. She cried a lot and I'm not great at summarising but she seems to be in a better place now and is able to imagine having a future. She's a little odd at times but she's a very sweet person with a good head on her shoulders and I encourage anyone that likes to listen to yapping check her out.

Edit: woops can't link membership streams :painpeko:

I know nothing about her, so this is probably BS, but I what I do know makes me feel like she went through a lot of shit as Natsumi Moe that we don't know about, plus she seems to have extremely Asian parents.

shipmate_F

menhera addicted sister
Pipproject Producer
I still can't believe this shit is so unknown

Tl;dr:
Management was shit
Vtubers complained publically
Management claimed to have improved
Vtubers come back for a bit then vanish suddenly
Vtubers come back with different VAs and it's revealed all of them got canned and replaced
Management is still terrible and drama causes 3/4 of the replaced members to also graduate
Whole project is canned and the last member is sold off to Bandai Namco (Pictured in my chart)

Domyoji Cocoa was also shamelessly replaced and the replacement is still using her name and is now part of Riot Music

gamebu

it was a big deal back then since they pulled it not quite long before the whole kizuna ai fiasco and the worst part they succeeded in doing so they replaced cocoa with the current one

the current one iirc is now a part of riot music and the OG and the one that i love is the lead vocalist of a jpop band

Jesus Fucking Christ I'm the fakest Riot Music fan ever (I watch them for 3 years straight). You know what, Lapbro is right, fucking nuke that company.
Can you tell us which band she became part of? I wanna know what we lost.
Ina almost had a Vesper moment.

"Without her [Kumo-mane] being a cushion between me and management, things could have gotten more heated."

She needs to make COVER pay for her expenses if it was their reponsibility and they dropped the ball. They got international talent for half a decade, there is no justification to this other than incompetence.

Get ready for at least 9 hours of yapping with the fat duwag

More Margo and Guu trying to finish Banjo Tooie

Odessa is having a Shrek karaoke sesh, and she got a new cover as well

The Peanut Gallery

Tis the Spooky Season. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Last edited:

KsonApologist

Kson's doing a Q&A with the Vshojo JP CEO.

Set to members only
My question didn´t make it
I guess we will never know who was the genius behind the hiring of Nazuna Amemiya

Negzana

I find it funny that the first thing a lawyer thinks about is regulation.

Anyways, the lack of laws is a good thing, and there's no such thing as worker's rights.

*lights fuse to powder keg, runs*

AI is improving rapidly, and a lot of AI voice is already better than some (most) (English) VAs. Hell, AI music is better than most shit I've heard in the past decade.

Give AI voice another year or two and it'll blow VAs out of the water.
I don't like people who sperg out about AI art, and Elon derangement syndrome always annoys me. However even if AI art and music is improving, and most artsy types make me want to throw them into a woodchipper, part of the thing I like about actual humans doing art or music is it's a human improving or putting effort. That's why I like karaokes or live concerts more than pre-recorded ones. That is also why I don't like a machine regurgitating (even if more and more technically effective) what already existed becoming the main mode of artistic production.

I'm a consumer, not a producer, the issue is we don't even exist in a real capitalist system where human-sourced art would be able to carve a niche from consumers of it, because market dynamics are stunted by a culture that adores instant gratiifcation consuming goyslop and prolefeed. For the powers that be, the utility of easy prolefeed for the masses is greater than the loss of useful idiot activist artists. So if we ever do reach a critical mass moment where AI is the majority, I am not optimistic that the (currently unfree) market will just supply the product I have a demand for.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Set to members only
My question didn´t make it
I guess we will never know who was the genius behind the hiring of Nazuna Amemiya
Someone who thinks with their wallet and not with their brain.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Koyori finished FF9 last week tearing up at the ending. Today she starts FF10.

Varium's Amemochi Nina with more Fire Emblem 7 at midday JST.

Live Union's HACHI released her song's MV yesterday.

MunMosh is hosting a karaoke relay for "Healing Vtubers" starting at 5.30PM JST. Do have a listen.

1730-1800 Opening Ceremony and introductions.
1800-1845 Figaro
1845-1930 Hanamaru Hareru
1930-2015 Touri Sei (774inc)
2015-2100 Usuwa Suu (Re:AcT)
2100-2145 Matsunaga Iori (Riot Music)
2145-2230 Earendel (Xtreme Deep Field Project - Taiwanese)
2230-End MunMosh
Iori doesn't seem like a healing type Vsinger though.

Ririka blessing your hearing, Monogatari style.

Speaking of Gamebu, here are the still active replaced/graduated members.
Yuzuriha Honami formerly Yumesaki Kaede (1st).

Himawari Hachiya formerly Yumesaki Kaede (2nd). Sings mostly in vertical streams.

Mass graduated with the other second voice members.

Kannagi Tenri formerly Domyoji Cocoa (1st).

Sings holo songs a lot during karaoke streams, especially Suisei's songs.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

Scarle is live with a stream sized teaser of her new outfit making Ice Cream for @God's Strongest Mozumite.

She's tempting fate by doing the whole stream with a silhouette of her goth outfit that she plans to reveal tomorrow. She already leaked one of her past outfits two days before reveal, so she's experienced.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Looks like she's deleted that initial tweet fairly recently. Must have cooled down :whatastory:

Edit: Update

Archive
The other tweet in my post has been deleted too. May have spoke too soon :botanshrug:

We'll at least she isn't doing slacktivism, it is still dumb though.

TKN_Murder

Murdered Lurker
We'll at least she isn't doing slacktivism, it is still dumb though.
And she won't be the first. All these idiots who made the premature jump to Bluesky will come running, tail between their legs back to X. They'll soon realise that switching to another platform ran by even worse pre-Elon Musk twitter moderation isn't exactly what they wished for.

Last edited:

closedblas

Jesus Fucking Christ I'm the fakest Riot Music fan ever (I watch them for 3 years straight). You know what, Lapbro is right, fucking nuke that company.
Can you tell us which band she became part of? I wanna know what we lost.
Kannagi Tenri, and she's in a band, AliA.
Actually she started doing Cocoa around the same time as she joined that band. (mid 2018)
Before that she was in a band formed in high school, Nemuranai Usagi.

Regarding GameBu, "It was a different time."
The staff mistreatment and abuse (not just mismanagement) was the real thing that made them blow up.
Niji, Holo, upd8 (rip), dotLive (kinda rip) all had people either vagueposting or directly posting in solidarity.

My personal rrat: the original VAs (and Ayame/Tenri/Cocoa v1) were baited by promises that it would be a pathway towards "real" VA (and singing) jobs.

Side story: Chink entertainment company Yuehua was later exposed baiting idol trainees into doing vtuber jobs. They got infamous doing a 0.5% cut for talents from subs/superchats/donos.

Another side story: The ex-CEO of Unlimited/GameBu, Kaminishi "Reso" Kousuke, was a somewhat famous Puyo Puyo player and known for schizoposting on twitter. He's a simp for Hosoya Nobuyuki, infamous Kemono Friends 2 schizo director.
Hosoya Nobuyuki, whose insanities is probably well-covered on /a/, has a loyal disciple - Soejima Yuichi, Director at Activ8, home of Kizuna Ai.

Even dumber: The ex-COO of Unlimited/GameBu, Hashimoto Naoto, ran an RMT site for Dragon Quest X, published a knock-off Puyo Puyo, and shilled it all day.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
more spooky higurashi hours with the evilest sawa-sama (bully her for having a cold at the drop):

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
I don't like people who sperg out about AI art, and Elon derangement syndrome always annoys me. However even if AI art and music is improving, and most artsy types make me want to throw them into a woodchipper, part of the thing I like about actual humans doing art or music is it's a human improving or putting effort. That's why I like karaokes or live concerts more than pre-recorded ones. That is also why I don't like a machine regurgitating (even if more and more technically effective) what already existed becoming the main mode of artistic production.

I'm a consumer, not a producer, the issue is we don't even exist in a real capitalist system where human-sourced art would be able to carve a niche from consumers of it, because market dynamics are stunted by a culture that adores instant gratiifcation consuming goyslop and prolefeed. For the powers that be, the utility of easy prolefeed for the masses is greater than the loss of useful idiot activist artists. So if we ever do reach a critical mass moment where AI is the majority, I am not optimistic that the (currently unfree) market will just supply the product I have a demand for.

Oh I fully agree. As has been a learning lesson for me the past decade (well before the AI Boom), the majority don't really care about anything, they just like shiny images and nice sounds - and this includes the majority in every single subculture, though the concentration of People Who Give A Shit gets stronger the more niche the thing is. Well, I should say, the majority care about shiny images, nice sounds, and how they themselves appear to others if they like those things. Most people are so shallow there really isn't even anything there.

But, so what? I don't get what I want, so I should enforce my will on everyone else? That's not (yet) my viewpoint. So, yes, we're gonna get an absolute flood of slop, in art, music, video games, and movies. It's going to be a fucking torrent. But hey, it's what people want.

For those that actually care (aka, people with souls)? Well, the plus side will be everything that matters will become really niche. So expect the true artists to return to drawing by hand, and sharing their works in person, for no expected profit. For musical artists to do almost entirely live shows in small venues. Film and video games will be more difficult, but, like how musical acts are generally still expected to not be lip-syncing, there will be increased scrutiny upon those creators. Hey, this should result in smaller budget films full of practical effects!

tl;dr It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine~

Anyways, have this:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
After a long 2-year delay, Subaru finally got her 3.0 model upgrade today and collectively gave several thousand people diabetes :pomuLove:
732674825.jpeg
328838478925.jpeg

737275925.jpeg
8812487]9d15.jpeg

327756825.jpeg

0325792785.jpeg

663247628.jpeg

4482792589.jpeg

7473567976825.jpeg

994380936.jpg

03257978235.jpeg

The tongue was out for 1 whole second before she got disgusted at how excited everyone was :BijouBijou:
838257892622.jpg

She also explained what happened when she cancelled the collab and went to the hospital. TLDR overworking herself like usual caused a massive stress migraine.
0023579825.jpeg

She was pushing herself for a while thanks to doing multiple streams a day and rushing to finish signing her merch. She had a headache that lasted all week and eventually became a massive migraine. She told the other girls who would recommend her to get it looked at, then called a nurse who told her it could be serious, so she should go to a hospital right away. She spent a few hours getting checked out, then went to a different hospital for an MRI scan. Thankfully, all results said she was completely fine.

This felt like an overreaction on everyone's part but considering Subaru's heart condition, it's definitely better to be cautious than not. And shoutouts to Towa, who stayed with her throughout the whole thing and waited hours until Subaru was ready to go home. Mio and Okayu as well for constantly texting her until she was confirmed okay.
:sanasmile:

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Oh I fully agree. As has been a learning lesson for me the past decade (well before the AI Boom), the majority don't really care about anything, they just like shiny images and nice sounds - and this includes the majority in every single subculture, though the concentration of People Who Give A Shit gets stronger the more niche the thing is. Well, I should say, the majority care about shiny images, nice sounds, and how they themselves appear to others if they like those things. Most people are so shallow there really isn't even anything there.

But, so what? I don't get what I want, so I should enforce my will on everyone else? That's not (yet) my viewpoint. So, yes, we're gonna get an absolute flood of slop, in art, music, video games, and movies. It's going to be a fucking torrent. But hey, it's what people want.

For those that actually care (aka, people with souls)? Well, the plus side will be everything that matters will become really niche. So expect the true artists to return to drawing by hand, and sharing their works in person, for no expected profit. For musical artists to do almost entirely live shows in small venues. Film and video games will be more difficult, but, like how musical acts are generally still expected to not be lip-syncing, there will be increased scrutiny upon those creators. Hey, this should result in smaller budget films full of practical effects!

tl;dr It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine~

Anyways, have this:

ZZZ my beloved...

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
After a long 2-year delay, Subaru finally got her 3.0 model upgrade today and collectively gave several thousand people diabetes :pomuLove:
View attachment 80912View attachment 80913
View attachment 80914View attachment 80915

The tongue was out for 1 whole second before she got disgusted at how excited everyone was :BijouBijou:
View attachment 80923

She also explained what happened when she cancelled the collab and went to the hospital. TLDR overworking herself like usual caused a massive stress migraine.
View attachment 80926

She was pushing herself for a while thanks to doing multiple streams a day and rushing to finish signing her merch. She had a headache that lasted all week and eventually became a massive migraine. She told the other girls who would recommend her to get it looked at, then called a nurse who told her it could be serious, so she should go to a hospital right away. She spent a few hours getting checked out, then went to a different hospital for an MRI scan. Thankfully, all results said she was completely fine.

This felt like an overreaction on everyone's part but considering Subaru's heart condition, it's definitely better to be cautious than not. And shoutouts to Towa, who stayed with her throughout the whole thing and waited hours until Subaru was ready to go home. Mio and Okayu as well for constantly texting her until she was confirmed okay.
:sanasmile:
Glad to hear she was fine. Very nice to hear that Towa, Mio, and Okayu were making sure she was okay. Such great friends.

And speaking of which, it's incredibly coincidental these four were brought up because I was literally rewatching highlights of their Raft streams together when I read this. And of course, I just happen to pause while Towa was teasing Subaru
o28QcqQl_o.png

:SelenHAHAhere:

These four really do make such a great group of friends on and off stream. Glad they've all made such good friends. Just hope they can remember to take care of themselves and stay healthy as much as they can.

Also, her upgrade looks great. Love all the different toggles and expressions.
:subaruclapping:

Jacks Wasted Life

Coquis nuking her twitter, archive it while you can

Archive
She's got a bsky

Archive

I've generally supported Elon, and regardless of how you feel about AI art, the "anything you post on our service can be used by us as we see fit" is exploitive. I can see why artists would not like their work being used to train an AI. It's like those stories you hear of a bunch of immigrants being hired to replace workers, but you have to train them before them you are fired, or lose your pension.

Top Bottom