"I found Jesus too; I found Jesus at the church, and I'm still sad"Fujikura Uruka

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
In one hour, green ghost maid chuuba is gonna stream DMC 1.

Nenélove

Chief Commissar of Holochistan
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I thought the Kizuna Ai case cemented itself as the frist and last major atempt at recasting Vtubers.
Brave did it too and worse imo. The Kizuna stuff technically wasn't even a recast, they just made 4 identical versions of her voiced by the original actress and 3 others.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Seriously, though, it is a legal document that a foreign goverment provides to foreigners to temporarily allow them into their country.
Oh so thats why i never ever heard about it
I only went to Bolivia,Chile,Brazil,Uruguay and Paraguay and they never asked me for that shit :BijouBijou:

Thank you
Have this rrat

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Koyori organizing Hololive Koushien (Baseball game tourney and thing Niji is very famous for lol) and apparently Ame is part of the roster

Bronze

Oh so thats why i never ever heard about it
I only went to Bolivia,Chile,Brazil,Uruguay and Paraguay and they never asked me for that shit :BijouBijou:
Some nations have agreements that allow entrance without visa for citizens of each other. Maybe they have something like that

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Brave did it too and worse imo. The Kizuna stuff technically wasn't even a recast, they just made 4 identical versions of her voiced by the original actress and 3 others.
When did brave do it?

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
When did brave do it?
I still can't believe this shit is so unknown

Tl;dr:
Management was shit
Vtubers complained publically
Management claimed to have improved
Vtubers come back for a bit then vanish suddenly
Vtubers come back with different VAs and it's revealed all of them got canned and replaced
Management is still terrible and drama causes 3/4 of the replaced members to also graduate
Whole project is canned and the last member is sold off to Bandai Namco (Pictured in my chart)

Domyoji Cocoa was also shamelessly replaced and the replacement is still using her name and is now part of Riot Music

Last edited:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Arya's Zatsu

Salado

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I had to clock you because this has already been known for a while, but it does fascinate me how despite having arguably the two biggest debuffs out there (Latinx AND a lawyer), @Nenélove still manages to be one of my favourite posters on the forum, because he's very good at explaining his perspective on things.

I think one of the major medium-term effects of AI voice acting is going to be a slump in quality of product delivered to the public. AI output quality very rarely exceeds "serviceable, probably a bit wonky" in quality, and would take way more time and resources to try and iron out the kinks of a particular output, so the significant savings for the developer/producer come from just spamming the generate button a few times until they get one that they feel is "good enough". So expect a return to the era of off/flat readings that was caused by VAs being given context-less lists of lines, often not in narrative order, with little if any direction. It's cheap and the suits will convince themselves that audiences won't care enough to not consume product.
This is one of those things where it's not going to be quite so cut-and-dry, at least for a while. Obviously there'll always be the shovelware slop that shits up the Steam and Switch online stores, but I think VAs do still have options at this point to protect their right to be paid for use of their likeness, while not being so unreasonable they alienate everyone who's actually trying to run a business.

I remember the unions were negotiating a while ago and while a lot of it just went over my head, one thing I did consider at the time is that a percentage split of live recorded audio vs. AI-generated audio would be a reasonable compromise (for example, if they're using an individual's recognisable voice, that person has to be invited to record at least, say, 70% of the material, while leaving wiggle room for generative AI to fill the other 30%).

I can't say exactly how practical that would be in reality, but I feel like an all-or-nothing arrangement holds back the creative potential that can be utilised with AI. There are already games out there that use genAI to have in-game announcers address players by their usernames which I think is a genuinely cool feature and with proper integration could make it much easier to keep track of what's happening in a multiplayer match, and that's also a feature I'd like in story-driven games to avoid the awkwardness of characters never directly addressing the custom-named protagonist.

It'd also act as reasonable leeway for publishers to make minor changes. There's always the possibility for something like a game's control scheme to be changed late in development in response to playtesting feedback, which would mean the recordings they have of the character reading out tutorial messages would need to be replaced. I don't think it'd be unreasonable, especially for a lower-budget game, to simply use AI to change the "Press the Select button to launch a special attack!" line to say "Press the Y button to launch a special attack!", rather than have to schedule and pay an actor's full session rate to have them re-read about five lines.

Would some publishers take advantage of that arrangement? Sure, but if there's too many questionably mechanical-sounding line reads it'd get backlash, and respected talent could still leverage their star power to get work even if their union demands make them unfavourable otherwise. AI's here to stay regardless of workers' concerns about their livelihoods and fans' concerns about quality control, so someone's going to have to figure out a compromise sooner rather than later.

Considering how averse Ina is to taking breaks and resting maybe it's a blessing in disguise after all
I don't mean to concern you but as someone with similar tendencies, she's probably feeling incredibly frustrated and restless right about now. You can't take a workaholic away from a job they enjoy without them getting antsy.

Her dad had an organ rupture and the doctors operated the wrong one...
I'm trying hard not to powerlevel here but medical malpractice makes me genuinely angry. I hope they're properly held accountable for it.

Salado

I'm trying hard not to powerlevel here but medical malpractice makes me genuinely angry. I hope they're properly held accountable for it.
She hasn't gone into details but it appears her family hasn't taken legal action, he was in pain and was hospitalized again after.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I had to clock you because this has already been known for a while, but it does fascinate me how despite having arguably the two biggest debuffs out there (Latinx AND a lawyer), @Nenélove still manages to be one of my favourite posters on the forum, because he's very good at explaining his perspective on things.
Aw shucks, ya make me blush.

I actually have quite a bit of trouble expressing myself lol, things often don't come out how they sounded in my head and I tend to ramble.

Limkin

I don't mean to concern you but as someone with similar tendencies, she's probably feeling incredibly frustrated and restless right about now. You can't take a workaholic away from a job they enjoy without them getting antsy.
Nothing that a basement with no internet can't fix

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
When did brave do it?
You will never know it because they did it when they where called UNLIMITED INC at the time
The same shit that WACTOR did by changing their name to 910 INC

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
I actually have quite a bit of trouble expressing myself lol, things often don't come out how they sounded in my head and I tend to ramble.
When lawyers open their mouths, autism speaks.

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter
Aw shucks, ya make me blush.

But with a Mexican accent.

Nenélove

Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

USS IOWA

Ina won't be able to stream while she's in Japan for the rest of the year.
Me normally: Man Communism sucks
Me when a corpo does some stupid shit to the talents:

Last edited:
Top Bottom