"What's worse, rape, or having sex not to procreate?"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Noticing a few advertisements for the V4 Mirai that are debuting tomorrow. They're also sitting at about 40K subs each before debut, which shows they're investing heavily into the upcoming talents, which I do like to see. I'm pretty happy with who I'm watching now, but good luck to the girls with their debuts.

Hearing rrats of bots, is it true?

frz

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I couldn't say if there are bots or not driving up the sub count, although 40K subs for predebut outside of Hololive is really high for late 2024. I can tell you I've had three advertisements for the talents over the last two days, so at least I can tell you they are spending decently on targeted advertising.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Chinchilla is singing. THIS IS NOT A DRILL GET IN HERE!

Jacks Wasted Life

My 3 view Ollie is doing a watchalong of the debut. Dunno if she was paid to, or was just excited about it. No I'm not telling who. I gatekeep. Makes you wonder though...

JusticeDog

I can tell you they are spending decently on targeted advertising.
Almost every time I searched for something vtuber related on youtube this week, the first thing I saw was a promoted post for one of their channels.

Also do you have an idea of what a "good" predebut sub count is? The Specialite girls that debut next week are all hovering between 3 and 4k.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Yuu announced to be joining some Overwatch 2 tournament. Don't know anything about OW anymore, nor do I care about it, but pretty cool for Yuu, who is a fan of it.

Also, nice little update for us AquPeko fans:

I wasn't really expecting to hear too many updates about Aqua post-graduation from the Holomems, but we've gotten quite a few nice little updates about her. Still miss her, but it's really nice to hear she's doing well and that other Holomems are still hanging out with her and keeping in touch.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Almost every time I searched for something vtuber related on youtube this week, the first thing I saw was a promoted post for one of their channels.

Also do you have an idea of what a "good" predebut sub count is? The Specialite girls that debut next week are all hovering between 3 and 4k.
Okay, did some digging on some old Phase Connect viewing numbers I'd saved. Gen 3 debuted late December 2023, these numbers are one week after debut:
So, one week after the debut streams, all the Gen 3 talents have at least 10K subscribers.

Hikanari Hina - 10.3K subs
Runie Ruse - 10.6K subs
Saya Sairroxs - 11.6K subs
Eimi Isami - 12.5K subs
Muu Muyu - 13.8K subs
And Phase Invaders debuted May 2023, these are the sub numbers are on the day of debut:
1726895384833.png

I know I've posted the CCV during both sets of debuts, which I might dig up later if anyone wants them.

So V4 Mirai's 40K subs for predebut is huge, and 3K is fairly small (but a talent could build from that with hard work).

Back to Nenelove's question about botting - I don't want to claim without evidence that the higher numbers are from botting. Brave Group loves spending money to get clout, and paying for a big advertising campaign for huge debut numbers is something I could see Brave group doing. The best way to see how things pan out is to see what the debut CCV is like, if stuff like chat speed matches, and how the talents fare in the weeks after debut.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Okay, did some digging on some old Phase Connect viewing numbers I'd saved. Gen 3 debuted late December 2023, these numbers are one week after debut:

And Phase Invaders debuted May 2023, these are the sub numbers are on the day of debut:
View attachment 78818
I know I've posted the CCV during both sets of debuts, which I might dig up later if anyone wants them.

So V4 Mirai's 40K subs for predebut is huge, and 3K is fairly small (but a talent could build from that with hard work).

Back to Nenelove's question about botting - I don't want to claim without evidence that the higher numbers are from botting. Brave Group loves spending money to get clout, and paying for a big advertising campaign for huge debut numbers is something I could see Brave group doing. The best way to see how things pan out is to see what the debut CCV is like, if stuff like chat speed matches, and how the talents fare in the weeks after debut.
Phase has stupidly low subs compared to CCV for whatever reason, so they aren't quite a good metric. I have been getting spammed with ads for these people though so maybe it's just that. Also they're doing shorts so that probably contributes.

I don't really care about subs because they don't mean anything but 40k pre-debut is certainly abnormal for a corpo this niche.

Last edited:

closedblas

When they debut, just say "X chats with Y viewers, obvious botting" for all real numbers X, Y such that X < Y.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Noticing a few advertisements for the V4 Mirai that are debuting tomorrow. They're also sitting at about 40K subs each before debut, which shows they're investing heavily into the upcoming talents, which I do like to see. I'm pretty happy with who I'm watching now, but good luck to the girls with their debuts.

GX866RvaUAAdoqw

How are people feeling? Think we want a debut thread for chatter on this? Or will Liveposting be good enough?

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
GX866RvaUAAdoqw

How are people feeling? Think we want a debut thread for chatter on this? Or will Liveposting be good enough?
Hasn't been much chatter before I mentioned their debut half an hour ago. I think Liveposting will be fine.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The Shorts on their channels have good views so I'd wage they've picked up most of their subs from the Shorts feed spoonfeeding them to iPad kids, rather than any actual foul play. There's really not much benefit in botting subscriber counts, if they wanted to game the system then botting the streams to boost watch time so they get recommended more would be more effective.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
The Shorts on their channels have good views so I'd wage they've picked up most of their subs from the Shorts feed spoonfeeding them to iPad kids, rather than any actual foul play. There's really not much benefit in botting subscriber counts, if they wanted to game the system then botting the streams to boost watch time so they get recommended more would be more effective.
I don't know if shorts have played much of a role in their current sub count, since their sub counts are pretty similar. I'd say it's more due to the advertising campaign.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Did anyone mention this?
Holo/Niji/VSpo collab with an MV, shorts, and a concert.

Niji leaning on other companies for relevance now. I wonder who is going to buy them out in the end.

I would love it if people came together and held Froot accountable for her bullshit, but this is the internet.

Nah, seeing the replies on her crypost, basically every fucking vtuber replying is just cloutfarming off the giant circlejerk it enables because no one wants to be the realist to point out the truth and catch backlash from white knight retards. This is all the same shit you can find in any other entertainment industry but ten times worse because everyone lives and dies on direct public interaction. Flip the script, how many of these same people would be lambasting a nobody who comes out with the exact same story if they were forced to give an opinion? They're only playing sympathy because it looks good for metrics. Absolute disgraceful behaviour. You know for a fact that Froot will absolutely backstab any single one of them the second it becomes convenient for public image.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Retard I've been following for a while might have lost her virginity... to a bike seat.

From what I have heard, bike seats are probably one of the main virgin killers.

Im somewhat leaning towards it.

Seems a bit iffy. I find it extremely hard for them to get so many subs so fast. Yes they are advertising the shit out of them but this is ridiculous.

Nah, seeing the replies on her crypost, basically every fucking vtuber replying is just cloutfarming off the giant circlejerk it enables because no one wants to be the realist to point out the truth and catch backlash from white knight retards. This is all the same shit you can find in any other entertainment industry but ten times worse because everyone lives and dies on direct public interaction. Flip the script, how many of these same people would be lambasting a nobody who comes out with the exact same story if they were forced to give an opinion? They're only playing sympathy because it looks good for metrics. Absolute disgraceful behaviour. You know for a fact that Froot will absolutely backstab any single one of them the second it becomes convenient for public image.
Anyone that might be big enough to call her out on her shit wouldn't do it because it would technically be career suicide and they would just push their peers away.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Brave Group loves spending money to get clout, and paying for a big advertising campaign for huge debut numbers is something I could see Brave group doing.
Did no one learn anything from head jew? :Vesper-UNHINGED: I don't blame them for advertising but I think that when you overdo it, it ends up hurting them long term. Bloating the sub count when they don't have a "healthy" ccv for the algorithm might kneecap their growth. Also didn't someone said this batch might have hexa in it or I got the groups mixed up?

Spergatory

Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
Phase Connect: The Gayest Homophobic Vtuber Agency

Top Bottom