"Boy watching my stream become girl!"Amagase Muyu

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Salado

frz

I meant that Holo & Niji shouldn't even be sniffing any air within 10-feet of that competition. There's nothing in it for them with all the risk & potential pitfalls.
I mean Hololive are just a talentless bunch anyway, not like they are gonna win anything.
Last time Hololive sent a competitor to a singing competition, Sora didn't even make it to the finals, despite both judges are from Hololive!

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I mean look what happened to Selen after she showed up:

Almost unaliving herself? Sure. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Seriously though, showing up to accept a circle-jerky award is an entirely different thing from participating in an open talent show. It's a literal puff piece stunt with no downsides. If you're a Holo already participating in various seasons Fests and 3D stage performances to paying audiences/fans, why the hell would you even show up to some open call talent show and compete with a bunch of literal-whos and no-names? Unless you have an under-the-table understanding that you're guaranteed to win it.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

BioBreak

You gonna eat that?
Early Adopter
I mean Hololive are just a talentless bunch anyway, not like they are gonna win anything.
Last time Hololive sent a competitor to a singing competition, Sora didn't even make it to the finals, despite both judges are from Hololive!

Which is my point exactly. Why even consider getting the taint of losing and diminishing your shine as a chuuba when you're already in a unique position where you already have an entrenched fanbase paying you for performances regardless of how mid you are. Save the effort for your own solo 3Ds and corporate fests.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Almost unaliving herself? Sure. :Vesper-UNHINGED:

Seriously though, showing up to accept a circle-jerky award is an entirely different thing from participating in an open talent show. It's a literal puff piece stunt with no downsides. If you're a Holo already participating in various seasons Fests and 3D stage performances to paying audiences/fans, why the hell would you even show up to some open call talent show and compete with a bunch of literal-whos and no-names? Unless you have an under-the-table understanding that you're guaranteed to win it.
I think most of the forum is off-base on this one. In Japan, idols will show up for all sorts of open talent things on TV, even if that thing is completely ridiculous and has nothing to do with singing or dancing. And the point of an idol showing up is not expecting, or even hoping to win, but to show themselves and their personality, have some fun and maybe get a few new fans in the process. If, say, a Hololive talent shows up at Fillian's contest, they're really good but don't win and you think they should have, well, it's a pretty easy step from there to want to start seeing more of that talent and what they can do and supporting that talent yourself.

For an industry that is supposed to have developed from Japanese idol culture, I'm a little disappointed that this part of idol culture doesn't seem to have been bought along.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I think most of the forum is off-base on this one. In Japan, idols will show up for all sorts of open talent things on TV, even if that thing is completely ridiculous and has nothing to do with singing or dancing. And the point of an idol showing up is not expecting, or even hoping to win, but to show themselves and their personality, have some fun and maybe get a few new fans in the process. If, say, a Hololive talent shows up at Fillian's contest, they're really good but don't win and you think they should have, well, it's a pretty easy step from there to want to start seeing more of that talent and what they can do and supporting that talent yourself.

For an industry that is supposed to have developed from Japanese idol culture, I'm a little disappointed that this part of idol culture doesn't seem to have been bought along.
The industry is supposed to be idol culture but also hates and berates idol culture, it has always been this weird identity crisis where depending on who you ask idol culture exists or it doesn't and it's the source of all evil that needs to be purged or it's the only thing that makes vtubers more than just twitch whores and nobody can decide the truth in any of this.

What even is idol culture? Is all of vtubing inspired by it? Lots of people call Niji an "Idol company" as some kind of negative pejorative but Holo is way more idol than Niji has ever been. Does any of this make any sense whatsoever?

With the contest conversation (which I started) it is a weird dream of mine to see the entire industry represented in something, but at the same time that conflicts with my dislike/desire to ignore of certain parts of it, take it as me being hypocritical and move on.

Last edited:

frz

I was baiting on the previous comment, but hololive managed to come with almost none of the negative of idol culture
In japan, idols show up on all kinda TV shows because they are forced to by management, you can't turn them down. Period. "Are you busy? here take on more work". You work 24/7 for 2% pay, that is the essence of mass-produced idol culture. Believe it or not Nijisanji is already generous when it comes to paying and treating their vtubers, compared to the average idol pay cut/workload.
And uh probably need to sleep with producers to gets roles too.

Btw getting on TV and getting on a filian channel is two completely different thing. Her twitch audience is not gonna watch your youtube stream. It aint happening. But you might rope in some who watches TV. Hololive would definitely shows up on TV if asked, and they do, all the time.
The industry is supposed to be idol culture but also hates and berates idol culture, it has always been this weird identity crisis where depending on who you ask idol culture exists or it doesn't and it's the source of all evil that needs to be purged or it's the only thing that makes vtubers more than just twitch whores and nobody can decide the truth in any of this.
The industry is this way because of Yagoo. Wactor/Game-bu was the closest thing to idol culture. If hololive never succeeded, Nijisanji 2%/Wactor would be the industry norms. Yagoo is hell bent on treating talents right while chasing the idol dreams, something literally no other CEO attempted and if you asked any JP idol company's CEO they'd call him crazy and hating money.
"Why are you not abusing your wage slave for more money????" - most idol companies CEO.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I was baiting on the previous comment, but hololive managed to come with almost none of the negative of idol culture
In japan, idols show up on all kinda TV shows because they are forced to by management, you can't turn them down. Period. You work 24/7 hours a day for 2% pay, that is the essence of idol culture. Believe it or not Nijisanji is already generous when it comes to paying their vtubers, compared to the average idol pay cut.
And uh probably need to sleep with producers to gets roles too.

Btw getting on TV and getting on a filian channel is two completely different thing. Her twitch audience is not gonna watch your youtube stream. It aint happening. But you might rope in some who watches TV. Hololive would definitely shows up on TV if asked and they do all the time.

The industry is this way because of Yagoo. Wactor/Game-bu was the closest thing to idol culture. If hololive never succeeded, Nijisanji 2%/Wactor would be the industry norms
Sourceofallevil.exe

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
is it me or is yura rikudou prism imitating airi phase more? she didnt sound like this during the pippa collab years ago. the airo accent is strong today. if you didnt know you'd think lumi raided airi. GZ84FiOXQAAHsuO.png

Last edited:

Salado

Collab incoming

Tenma

Uruka

Iori

Michi

Kazuma

Early Adopter
Liz and Nerissa are playing Powerwash Sim

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Thank you for the response niggas, you saved me from having to sit through a dizzy stream for a nothing burger. I would've flipped my shit if I watched more than 5 minutes just for that :kaelaapprob: In return I give you a saya clip from the one dude who knows saya exists

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Poma and Sensei playing Mahjong.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Amiya Aranha will check once again if buckos and dreamweavers are afraid of the dark

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Come watch Trixie Enstine play Atlus' new not-Persona Persona game:

Zyklon Mag

Archive
:ironmousekek:

Archive

Women and their "cute" hobbies...

As a non-ork player, Stompas are pretty cute. That sleepy looking head attached to that ponderously round body with those awkward gun arms stuck on like Frosty the Snowman? It is cute. With only minimal chibiification, a Stompa looks like a kid's mascot. They're cuter than tyranids

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
OT4tJ6I.jpeg

Just so we're on the same page, this is the vtuber model that's supposed to be "hideous" and "dead on arrival with the amount of muscles and abs it has"?
If you find this objectively hideous, you might be homosexual. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

I find the "muscle-mommy thirstposting" (of which there has been...none on this forum???) less disturbing than "Is she trans?" as an immediate response to both the model reveal and her irl pics.
If you want to fit in with normal heterosexual people, you should realize that vermintide are so far outside our psyches that they don't really exist.
She just looks like a normal asian with a corporate gym membership and eats less than 2K calories.
I linked it here thinking it was possibly the most boring facedox in vtubing so far.

The doomposting, too, is disappointingly boring.
Yes, they're debuting a non-loli gen and trying to appeal to normies/tourists/whatever we call people who might actually pay.
That's ... the point. /jidf/ cunnyposting doesn't actually pay anyone.
I wonder if people are just mad the pl/facedox was too easy.

Disclaimer: Not an Idol viewer, except for Roca karaoke and the occasional Tonya. Rin has funny br*t*sh clips and the lolis just blend together.
I'm with you 100% on the model it is very nice however you lost me on the "no cause for concern" I would agree if it was JUST PL shit but we already have activist shit as Yena so while I'll give her a shot my expectations are rock bottom
Worst case scenario it's another gorgeous model wasted on a garbage person

💛 🩷 Time

Airi Rants about the cover the recently released that was supposed to be released at the KA-Ching!! debut

Top Bottom