"OK husband. All OK future in believe to you."Momosuzu Nene

General Thread v3: The Hexagone

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

Oh, sweet. Lia's playing Symphony of the Night.

I FUCKING LIVE IN A TIMELINE WHERE CASTLEVANIA IS KNOWN FOR ALUCARD TAKING IT UP THE ASS INSTEAD OF A VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE :pikameefuck::pikameefuck:
If there's one person I wish nothing but everything terrible happen to him and his loved ones is Adi Shankar. He is also raping devil may cry, if I ever get cancer I'm going final solution on his ass.
Anyway here have a cute Yuu cat

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
I FUCKING LIVE IN A TIMELINE WHERE CASTLEVANIA IS KNOWN FOR ALUCARD TAKING IT UP THE ASS INSTEAD OF A VIDEOGAME FRANCHISE :pikameefuck::pikameefuck:
How else did you expect Lia to be motivated to play this game?
liasmug.png

El Rrata

Gringo Tolerable
Early Adopter

Dooby (Ame) do be doin Karaoke.

Edit: I am recording, as I assuming this won't stick around, but I missed the first song.

Edit2: Recording fucked up. Rip.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
The industry is supposed to be idol culture but also hates and berates idol culture, it has always been this weird identity crisis where depending on who you ask idol culture exists or it doesn't and it's the source of all evil that needs to be purged or it's the only thing that makes vtubers more than just twitch whores and nobody can decide the truth in any of this.

What even is idol culture? Is all of vtubing inspired by it? Lots of people call Niji an "Idol company" as some kind of negative pejorative but Holo is way more idol than Niji has ever been. Does any of this make any sense whatsoever?

With the contest conversation (which I started) it is a weird dream of mine to see the entire industry represented in something, but at the same time that conflicts with my dislike/desire to ignore of certain parts of it, take it as me being hypocritical and move on.
The problem is the discussion of "idol culture" outside of Asia is dominated by absolute retards who do not care to learn anything about the subject they're discussing, and since there's no obvious Western equivalent to use for comparison, their frame of reference for the entire idol industry are stories they've heard third-hand about some girl who got raped by her manager and another who got harassed for having a boyfriend, as though abusers and deranged fans don't exist in literally every segment of the entertainment industry ever.

"Idol culture" in EN vtubing functions as a vague, bad entity that indie collectives can use to virtue-signal about, since they have the freedom to do whatever they want while the non-descript idol culture alternatives are overbearing and abusive. If you're talking to someone who has a good-faith interest then you could put together a more concrete definition for what it entails, since things like the live shows and the way fans engage with them (fan chants, watching the idols grow and improve their performances over time etc.) run parallel to the appeal of flesh idol shows, but since the kind of people who show up to watch Twitch indies shake their tits on stream every day just mentally write it off as some weird Japanese shit they don't care about, they take the surface-level criticism of it at face value.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Wait, they made a video game series based off a show where some guy takes it up the ass?

I take it you enjoy these video games?

Spooked But Lobotomized

Filian's next Vtuber awards will be December 14

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Horo7618

No one in particular
Hololive beat Nijisanji to win "Best Vtuber Org" last year, but can Nijisanji beat them this year and take the award?
Filian seems bribable, but Niji is too cheap. Smart money has to be on Brave Group.....

Spooked But Lobotomized

Hololive beat Nijisanji to win "Best Vtuber Org" last year, but can Nijisanji beat them this year and take the award?
It'll be close, but Niji has really been upping their game the past year. They've made some explosive decisions and nobody can stop talking about them. MIllie just recently hit 500k and Elira hit 530k a couple weeks ago, which are huge milestones in an industry this saturated. It'll be interesting to see for sure. Either way, I'm sure the difference in votes will be negligible.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I think many who bother to take a cursory analysis of both the fuckups but also numerous success stories of an agency like Hololive will easily see a system that blends the more positive or novel (to us filthy westerners) aspects that idol culture can bring to consooming media while also slowly mitigating and sometimes even outright avoiding the more fuckheaded trappings

Rushia is a clear example, the most surface level take will often bring people to see the narrative that big bad hololive forced her to do GFE and then kicked her to the curb for having a boyfriend. When the first statement Holo ever released was "our talent's personal lives are none of our business, and if you harass them, fuck off". A basic look into the story reveals a retarded woman who sought to correct the record with a fucking dramafag first because she couldnt keep her lust for twink dick in check and out of her work discord

Meawnhile, alot of Niji is also a display of the inverse of how people are so smug about their agency not having idol culture when some of its most toxic aspects are in droves, not really in the very easily scandalous things like grabby management (if anything, Niji's management seems non-existant to useless) but we have atleast 2 people on record extensively talking about how the fanbases were so suffucating and downright full of retarded NEET zealots who shat up their coworker's or even friend's experiences for the most minimum of offences.
Vox as a whole, imo, has also surpassed Rushia on the BFE/GFE autism, Rushia may have a wedding ring, but Vox has had cope streams in chink platforms where he knows he wont get any pushback, and sagas where a bunch of ESL chinkettes were calling for the beheading of a coworker because she joined an ASMR stream
Niji even has dedicated bootlickers who will ignore any trappings or failings that the people they supposedly enjoy watching that happen as a result of the company, in some of the most bizzare pro company sentiment ive ever seen in a while.

Its going to sound really fucking retarded, but a case study on how many Nijisister types that somehow quanitfy who actually gives a shit about the talent and who just seemingly watches them because they're Niji would be interesting

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Filian's next Vtuber awards will be December 14

What does filian in a bikini have to do with vtuber awards tho? :SelenHAHAhere:
I would've done a compilation of hundreds of clips or smth, maybe compose an original song for the awards and play a sampler.
Phase connect sweep!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Looks like Runie is really into Discworld

Someone should ask her about doing a book club for one of the Discworld books, that would be really cool and I think it would get a really good audience.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Looks like Runie is really into Discworld

Someone should ask her about doing a book club for one of the Discworld books, that would be really cool and I think it would get a really good audience.

I am going to judge her accordingly based on her opinions of Hogfather

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
We need a VTuber equivalent of The Razzies for all the retardation that corpos and indies have bestowed upon us.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Easy Miguel and Wactor Sweep
Nijisanji doesnt stand a chance
If Mikeneko doesn't get the Menhera Moment Award named after her I'm going to riot.

Koros Apogee

Delutaya is doing a morning singing/chatting stream.

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Horo7618

No one in particular
There's a non-trivial chance that absolutely nothing significant comes from this. But an honest to god legit talent agency is dipping a toe in vtubing...

Last edited:

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Top Bottom