"Sakana is not a cutie, Sakana is a walking fatass"Tenma Maemi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Negzana

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

frz

Clock me if I'm late but Kson had her first TV appearance on August 23 in a show called "Metaverse Friday"
She revealed that her annual income is around 100 million yen (~ $700k)/YEAR
Some small talk, the usual Akai Haato glazing and actually recommended people to watch Tomari Mari
https://www.sanyonews.jp/article/1600078
The latest episode of TV Asahi's "Friday Metaverse" (every Friday at 12:45 a.m.), hosted by the comedy duo Mogulider, Atsuko Hashiyasume, and the VTuber Leos Vincent from Nijisanji, aired late at night on the 23rd. This episode featured a segment called "Speak Your Heart Out About Your Faves! VTuber Roundtable," with kson, a world-renowned VTuber with 1.27 million YouTube subscribers, appearing. Joining her were Ao Inagaki, an idol from HiHi Jets, who is one of the biggest VTuber fans in the entertainment industry, and Tentsuhan Taro. They passionately discussed the appeal of VTubers.

kson surprises everyone by casually revealing that her annual income exceeds 100 million yen.

In this roundtable discussion, kson, a highly popular VTuber with 1.27 million YouTube subscribers, made her first appearance on TV. She is a versatile performer who excels in everything from casual chats and game commentary to live performances. Born in Atlanta, USA, she is fluent in English and has a significant fanbase in English-speaking countries, making her a truly global representative of Japanese VTubers. "I'm the kind of girl who loves VTubers so much that I became one and wanted to spread the word about them. Should I talk about the depths of this obsession?" she declared enthusiastically.

Joining kson for the discussion was Ao Inagaki, a member of HiHi Jets. In a segment on their YouTube channel where he revealed the components that make up his personality, he listed 12 VTubers alongside hip-hop, fashion, and work, proving he is a hardcore VTuber fan. "I never thought the day would come when I could talk about VTubers on TV. I can't contain my passion and emotions," he said. "I'm confident I'm the biggest VTuber talker in the entertainment industry." In the studio, he continued, "I'm just thrilled that VTubers are making it onto TV! And meeting Leos is amazing!" The MCs from Mogulider joked, "There's no one else like you," while Leos happily remarked, "I think we’re going to have a great recording today." Joining them was Tentsuhan Taro, a self-proclaimed subculture enthusiast with extensive knowledge of VTubers, who helped complete the discussion about VTuber charm.

"It's such an honor to witness kson's first TV appearance; can I watch this for free? This is more than a members-only content," said Inagaki, who was so passionate about it. "I'm stripping away all the character branding I've built up until now. I can't resist what I love." The first discussion topic was "What got you into VTubers?" Inagaki shared, "I've left comments and red super chats (large donations) on streams. When my comment was read during a favorite stream, I was so happy! I pray that archive never gets deleted, and if it does, I might cry. I accidentally stumbled upon a clip of the VTuber 'Sasaki Saku' on TikTok, where a cute girl was angrily ranting, and I thought, 'This is so punk!' As I looked more into it, I just got more hooked." Kson added, "I got hooked watching the streams or archives of 'Akai Haato.' As a creator, she’s doing whatever she wants, and it intrigued me!"

They also talked about their "Most Recommended VTuber." Inagaki said, "First of all, it's impossible to choose. But if I had to pick the hottest one right now, it would be Ange Katrina from Nijisanji. I love her streams; she has a deep, handsome voice, and despite that, she's actually a total geek. I think she's the first person in Japan to experience the 'frog phenomenon' (being turned off by someone you liked)." Kson shared her pick as "the 'magical girl, little girl, and old man Tomari Mari'" The two agreed with a hearty, "Thank you! The original Babiniku" (short for "virtual bishoujo juniku," meaning virtual beautiful girl reincarnation). Taro joked, "It's a problem that we naturally understand 'Babiniku'. Mogulider might be trying to leave," and the studio members were confused by the specialized terms. "Babiniku" is short for "virtual bishoujo juniku," meaning the avatar is a beautiful girl, but the soul is an old man. Kson praised her favorite, "I often frequently collaborating with Tomari Mari and she has very high gaming skills. Even when she says 'I'm not doing well,' she still dominates, which is cute."

Inagaki, responding to this frequent collaboration, shouted, "Maybe I should become a VTuber too! I want to collaborate with my favorites!" Taro's favorite was "Runrun" from Nijisanji, who debuted just about a month ago and is extremely cute. "She's so adorable, and watching her nervously speak brings out my maternal instincts. I feel like I want to help her grow up properly, combining paternal and maternal feelings to form a family," he said.

The next topic was "Questions to Ask VTubers." Before that, Inagaki accidentally switched from calling kson "Ms. kson" to just "kson," explaining, "It's just what I usually call you." Taro joked, "You're too much in private mode!" and kson replied, "Feel free to call me just 'kson'! After talking this much, we're like friends."

Inagaki asked first, "When you go to places like food courts or shopping malls, do people recognize you by your voice?" Since kson also appears as herself and not just as a VTuber, she explained, "I always get a private room, especially because people can recognize me not just by my voice but also by my face. If you're going out to eat with someone like me, they'll book a private room 1 trillion percent of the time."

Next, Taro asked a forbidden question: "Is it profitable?" kson responded, "My annual income is over 100 million yen! Is that a problem?" This shocking statement left Inagaki, Taro, and the studio members in shock. "There's definitely a YouTube dream out there! But for me, it wasn't something I aimed for; I did it because the steps to get there were fun. It's the same for idols and comedians," she added.

The final topic was the "VTuber Most Cooperative Tournament(VSaikyou)," a tournament taking place on the 24th. This is a gaming tournament organized by VTuber Shibuya Hal, featuring 60 VTubers competing in Apex Legends, a dream event for VTuber fans that transcends agency boundaries. Public viewings are held in six cities and eight venues, showing just how much excitement surrounds this event. Inagaki commented, "The great thing about VSaikyou isn't just the strength in Apex Legends. That matters, but it's also the drama leading up to the tournament and within it. It's great to get excited in front of the screen."

That concluded the roundtable discussion. Kson seemed eager to continue, saying, "There’s still so much more to talk about! Do I really have to go?" Inagaki replied, "I'll book a venue for the after-party," to which kson humorously requested, "Please make sure it's a private room."

After the video ended, the studio continued discussing the "income" topic. Mogulider's Shiba asked Leos, "kson's income is over 100 million yen, but is yours about the same?" Leos, looking flustered, replied, "Not at all, not at all." Inagaki added, "My guess is around 80 million yen. Judging from the subscriber count and the super chat vibes of the viewers..." Leos exclaimed, "No way! Someone, please shut him up!"

She talked about her appearance 2 days ago here. But I'm too lazy to actually go through her stream.

TIL chat GPT translate "Rabbit Vtuber" into "Usada Pekora" automatically. I was so fucking confused why kson called pekora a bakiniku, turns out it's ChatGPT trolling and she was talking about Mari.

If that income is true, even after taxes, no wonder she just cruises along
considered she bragged about shilling out 10 million for her concert I wouldn't doubt her.
Also that sex toy ad money is no joke $$$$. They literally sponsored her a live2d model as a bonus :smugmoona:

Last edited:

Not-Username

Clock me if I'm late but Kson had her first TV appearance on August 23 in a show called "Metaverse Friday"
She revealed that her annual income is around 100 million yen (~ $700k)/YEAR
And the usual Akai Haato glazing, also recommend people to watch Tomari Mari

She talked about her appearance 2 days ago here. But I'm too lazy to actually go through her stream. And ofc she used her tenga model.

https://www.sanyonews.jp/article/1600078
The latest episode of TV Asahi's "Friday Metaverse" (every Friday at 12:45 a.m.), hosted by the comedy duo Mogulider, Atsuko Hashiyasume, and the VTuber Leos Vincent from Nijisanji, aired late at night on the 23rd. This episode featured a segment called "Speak Your Heart Out About Your Faves! VTuber Roundtable," with kson, a world-renowned VTuber with 1.27 million YouTube subscribers, appearing. Joining her were Ao Inagaki, an idol from HiHi Jets, who is one of the biggest VTuber fans in the entertainment industry, and Tentsuhan Taro. They passionately discussed the appeal of VTubers.

kson surprises everyone by casually revealing that her annual income exceeds 100 million yen.

In this roundtable discussion, kson, a highly popular VTuber with 1.27 million YouTube subscribers, made her first appearance on TV. She is a versatile performer who excels in everything from casual chats and game commentary to live performances. Born in Atlanta, USA, she is fluent in English and has a significant fanbase in English-speaking countries, making her a truly global representative of Japanese VTubers. "I'm the kind of girl who loves VTubers so much that I became one and wanted to spread the word about them. Should I talk about the depths of this obsession?" she declared enthusiastically.

Joining kson for the discussion was Ao Inagaki, a member of HiHi Jets. In a segment on their YouTube channel where he revealed the components that make up his personality, he listed 12 VTubers alongside hip-hop, fashion, and work, proving he is a hardcore VTuber fan. "I never thought the day would come when I could talk about VTubers on TV. I can't contain my passion and emotions," he said. "I'm confident I'm the biggest VTuber talker in the entertainment industry." In the studio, he continued, "I'm just thrilled that VTubers are making it onto TV! And meeting Leos is amazing!" The MCs from Mogulider joked, "There's no one else like you," while Leos happily remarked, "I think we’re going to have a great recording today." Joining them was Tentsuhan Taro, a self-proclaimed subculture enthusiast with extensive knowledge of VTubers, who helped complete the discussion about VTuber charm.

"It's such an honor to witness kson's first TV appearance; can I watch this for free? This is more than a members-only content," said Inagaki, who was so passionate about it. "I'm stripping away all the character branding I've built up until now. I can't resist what I love." The first discussion topic was "What got you into VTubers?" Inagaki shared, "I've left comments and red super chats (large donations) on streams. When my comment was read during a favorite stream, I was so happy! I pray that archive never gets deleted, and if it does, I might cry. I accidentally stumbled upon a clip of the VTuber 'Sasaki Saku' on TikTok, where a cute girl was angrily ranting, and I thought, 'This is so punk!' As I looked more into it, I just got more hooked." Kson added, "I got hooked watching the streams or archives of 'Akai Haato.' As a creator, she’s doing whatever she wants, and it intrigued me!"

They also talked about their "Most Recommended VTuber." Inagaki said, "First of all, it's impossible to choose. But if I had to pick the hottest one right now, it would be Ange Katrina from Nijisanji. I love her streams; she has a deep, handsome voice, and despite that, she's actually a total geek. I think she's the first person in Japan to experience the 'frog phenomenon' (being turned off by someone you liked)." Kson shared her pick as "the 'magical girl, little girl, and old man Tomari Mari'" The two agreed with a hearty, "Thank you! The original Babiniku" (short for "virtual bishoujo juniku," meaning virtual beautiful girl reincarnation). Taro joked, "It's a problem that we naturally understand 'Babiniku'. Mogulider might be trying to leave," and the studio members were confused by the specialized terms. "Babiniku" is short for "virtual bishoujo juniku," meaning the avatar is a beautiful girl, but the soul is an old man. Kson praised her favorite, "I often frequently collaborating with Tomari Mari and she has very high gaming skills. Even when she says 'I'm not doing well,' she still dominates, which is cute."

Inagaki, responding to this frequent collaboration, shouted, "Maybe I should become a VTuber too! I want to collaborate with my favorites!" Taro's favorite was "Runrun" from Nijisanji, who debuted just about a month ago and is extremely cute. "She's so adorable, and watching her nervously speak brings out my maternal instincts. I feel like I want to help her grow up properly, combining paternal and maternal feelings to form a family," he said.

The next topic was "Questions to Ask VTubers." Before that, Inagaki accidentally switched from calling kson "Ms. kson" to just "kson," explaining, "It's just what I usually call you." Taro joked, "You're too much in private mode!" and kson replied, "Feel free to call me just 'kson'! After talking this much, we're like friends."

Inagaki asked first, "When you go to places like food courts or shopping malls, do people recognize you by your voice?" Since kson also appears as herself and not just as a VTuber, she explained, "I always get a private room, especially because people can recognize me not just by my voice but also by my face. If you're going out to eat with someone like me, they'll book a private room 1 trillion percent of the time."

Next, Taro asked a forbidden question: "Is it profitable?" kson responded, "My annual income is over 100 million yen! Is that a problem?" This shocking statement left Inagaki, Taro, and the studio members in shock. "There's definitely a YouTube dream out there! But for me, it wasn't something I aimed for; I did it because the steps to get there were fun. It's the same for idols and comedians," she added.

The final topic was the "VTuber Most Cooperative Tournament(VSaikyou)," a tournament taking place on the 24th. This is a gaming tournament organized by VTuber Shibuya Hal, featuring 60 VTubers competing in Apex Legends, a dream event for VTuber fans that transcends agency boundaries. Public viewings are held in six cities and eight venues, showing just how much excitement surrounds this event. Inagaki commented, "The great thing about VSaikyou isn't just the strength in Apex Legends. That matters, but it's also the drama leading up to the tournament and within it. It's great to get excited in front of the screen."

That concluded the roundtable discussion. Kson seemed eager to continue, saying, "There’s still so much more to talk about! Do I really have to go?" Inagaki replied, "I'll book a venue for the after-party," to which kson humorously requested, "Please make sure it's a private room."

After the video ended, the studio continued discussing the "income" topic. Mogulider's Shiba asked Leos, "kson's income is over 100 million yen, but is yours about the same?" Leos, looking flustered, replied, "Not at all, not at all." Inagaki added, "My guess is around 80 million yen. Judging from the subscriber count and the super chat vibes of the viewers..." Leos exclaimed, "No way! Someone, please shut him up!"

The missed episode can be viewed on TVer and ABEMA.

TIL my chat GPT randomly adds Pekora into the paragraphs, I have no fucking idea why

If that income is true, even after taxes, no wonder she just cruises along

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Unicorns getting angry that their favorite gfe vtuber dated someone is pathetic. How is she going to provide a girlfriend experience, if she has no experience in being someones girlfriend? It's like paying for a virgin whore.

Guys deep into GFE don't know better because they've not even spoken to a woman beyond passing greetings, or more realistically, awkward squawks at the cash register. The GFE checklist is as follows:

• General positive affirmations
  • A pet name
  • Being female
  • Informed attribute: we're together
If you got that you can hook the forever alone fuckwits into shelling out their minimum wage paychecks. No practical experience necessary.

Negzana

Good thing Kaela doesn't do GFE as she's already married

to PC-Chan

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

ex_lurker

Panko is about to start her karaoke.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
It's like paying for a virgin whore.
dude, you have no idea about the excessive amount of degens who geniuenly get off to that

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
Oh cool. Hololive is now selling fan name charms.
ly_holo_fannamecharm_tanpin_en_6_1725364582_1024x1024.jpg
Wait wtf
mooman.jpg
Well, I guess I'm no longer a Hooman. I'm now a Mooman.

Edit: Archive

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
A bit late, but Subaru said she's getting an entirely new set of stream equipment for the first time in years, including PC, monitor, chair, desk, audio setup and everything else, thanks to all the support she's gotten.
1000149902.jpg

Her old equipment will be sent to her parents' place so she can stream from there if she wants (and we could potentially get her dad on stream again). She was grateful for everyone's help and wants to continue doing her best with streaming from here on out. Kinda gay, but it made me happy to know that my superchats and membership were a small part of making this happen.

She also posted a nice cover of Never Forget. She usually only does one cover a year and already posted one for her birthday, so this was a welcome surprise:

She's still working hard to improve her singing and it shows :sanasmile:

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

It reminded me of this song, and Gigi's sincere affection brought me to tears:takocope::calidrinking:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Super Meche playing FFII

Reine playing Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (she is addicted to this game series)

Viri Voxanna's (ex Kas Voxanna, ex Viri Sylvaine) re-debut stream.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp

Reimu's very obvious bait outfit reveal.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Fauna said it was a seven days event so i guess tonight will be the grand finale? I guess only Kronii wont be there. Still glad the rat could take some time off to enjoy the event.

Edit : real shame Kronii cant make it we'll miss another lesbian arc :kroniiphone:
Screenshot_20240907-112213_X.jpg

Last edited:

Salado

Panko is about to start her karaoke.

Her singing has gotten a lot better. I'm really happy for this raccoon. She still suffer from accent brainworms, tho.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Fauna said it was a seven days event so i guess tonight will be the grand finale? I guess only Kronii wont be there. Still glad the rat could take some time off to enjoy the event.

Edit : real shame Kronii cant make it we'll miss another lesbian arc :kroniiphone:
View attachment 77750
There will probably be another "chapter" in like a month at best, I do think it's better to keep these things short and sweet so that the talents don't burn out and it doesn't get stale, it will allow people to catch up and generate hype for when it comes back.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
There will probably be another "chapter" in like a month at best, I do think it's better to keep these things short and sweet so that the talents don't burn out and it doesn't get stale, it will allow people to catch up and generate hype for when it comes back.
Oh yeah a week of big content once in a while is definitely the best move. Even i that lost a bit of interest on watching streams in the last couple months got really hooked up. I think i watched every single clips that youtube could recommend me plus streams and vods.

You even got Gura of all people having fun and being invested with the newest members. Great event overall.

Top Bottom