"...soudesune~"Motoaki 'YAGOO' Tanigo

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
It kind of reminds me how Sakana uses Discord for company communication. It's crazy to me how Phase just trusts Discord go have all their private conversations between talents and between managers and vtubers. One of these days, a rogue actor who's pissed about the company is gonna scrape the company Discord, doesn't even need to be PC, and release the entire Discord log of everything. That or there'll be a leak or something because Discord sucks.
Remember that Tencent own a 38% share in Discord. Chinese-owned companies are required, by law, to turn over any logs that are requested of them to the CCP without consent, a warrant, or disclosure.

Now, Winnie the Pooh probably isn't concerned with the goings-on of anime women in a niche Canadian entertainment company himself - but in order to comply with this requirement, Discord likely have a convenient way of pulling up plaintext copies of chatlogs as and when they're needed. Regardless of the security measures in place, no administrator account is truly safe. Just something to think about.

The previous Phase leaks (the talent/staff dox) very likely came about as a result of cybercrime which proves the company's detractors will go to extreme lengths to hurt them, and since all the talents' and most of the staff's accounts are known and recognisable from the community Discord, it would be much easier for bad actors to identify them if any megaleaks dropped anywhere. They really should tighten things up sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I remember she dropped vague lines about working with her mom and that working with family sucks some time ago, wonder if it's her.
IIRC it was for her first merch drop where she had to sign a bunch of stuff and underestimated how many people would buy her merch. Sge said her mom was helping her packing stuff.
Alright lads, party is over

This fag could have went any route with this and decided to go with the " i think im transgender " route. Someone teach him how to be funny please.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I'm actively judging you now @Azehara
:pathetic:

Gumpai of all people, how shit can your taste be
View attachment 77423
I had no clue who she was until monday when I got linked to the pissing audio. I answered the question (and followed).

The point? Making them stream and have fun together, and it worked. Sure the "lore" is cringe but it always is, the clips this has generated are good stuff though.
Sometimes you have to FORCE these bitches to actually do things and collab, else they just sit around and do nothing as people will happily remind you any time you even dare to mention like half of them in this very forum.
That is a good point. While somewhat forced I guess it has led to some nice moments that if left ot the girls probably wouldnt have happened. Like that old saying that you had to keep them in a tight leash.

Wasn't there something about them having to go somewhere else so they both could play? Since they didn't have enough room for them to play at their apartment/house? So it's possible that is both of them, or we heard someone we weren't suppose to.
This seems like staff setting things up.

Riku Tazumi! Stop being horny on main!
Its the only way I can balance my emotions after killing another talent.

Wow hylo even bullied her kohai into failing her previous subathon from ever finishing as well.

Jokes aside, I like that she did this. Had it been any other corpo they would have just left it ignored until the fans started bitching about it.

Ty, have a finished idol as a reward
View attachment 77467
this one was a pain to make
Forgot to put Lopi as Defunct talent.

This whole model leak thing is not Eimi's fault but Sakana's. Talents should not have the ability to share files with the "Anyone with a link" option on.
Agreed 100%.

The previous Phase leaks (the talent/staff dox) very likely came about as a result of cybercrime which proves the company's detractors will go to extreme lengths to hurt them, and since all the talents' and most of the staff's accounts are known and recognisable from the community Discord, it would be much easier for bad actors to identify them if any megaleaks dropped anywhere. They really should tighten things up sooner rather than later.
I dont think the dox comes from that. Possibly someone had access to some of the talent's files for tax filing or shit like that. Could've been someone that has worked with the company that might still have had access to a shared folder where personal information was kept.

Bronze

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
First company vtuber death will come from Phase at this rate.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Superduper giving me reactions for posts from fucking july, jesus is that guy really trying to catch up by reading the entire thing?
How many pages a day are we doing?
10 -15?
Gotta pump those numbers up. Those are rookie numbers
superduper has to earn his place again

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Finally, watchable Mori Calliope

Clip tax

Last edited:

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
It does seems like they just pitch up their idol voices way up to get their twin doggo voices.

So, are they fraternal (sororal?) twins, or is that just part of the kayfabe?

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Re:AcT's Usuwa Suu singing at 7PM in her usual Wednesday evening time slot.

Lui-nee gathers four FPS players to have some questions and talks.

Towa, Akami Karubi (indie), and VSpo members Nekota Tsuna and Komori Met will be there. If you haven't heard of Karubi, here's a clip for some section of this forum.

VSpo's Ichinose Uruha clip about being an adult and things that can get her arrested by the cops.

Some more from Lamy and Raden, this time about antis.

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Kanata has released her cover featuring the possibly last appearance of Aqua.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
CLIP TAX!!!

Fuwamoco sync moments animation

Gura tries to NTR Gigi

Aquamarine animation

Mococo gets chased by everyone.

Kronii, the broke queen

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
It kind of reminds me how Sakana uses Discord for company communication. It's crazy to me how Phase just trusts Discord go have all their private conversations between talents and between managers and vtubers. One of these days, a rogue actor who's pissed about the company is gonna scrape the company Discord, doesn't even need to be PC, and release the entire Discord log of everything. That or there'll be a leak or something because Discord sucks.

How would this be any different than it would be with Slack or Microsoft Teams or whatever, though? Do they somehow make it more difficult to show a link on stream? I doubt it - at the end of the day, regardless of the chat program, regardless of the file sharing system, Eimi did something really stupid here and there's no point in pretending the majority of the fault lies elsewhere.

I sometimes have to use Slack for work, and when I first started using Discord regularly, it was easy to dismiss it as a toy-ish clone at first, but the more I've used it, the more I've come to appreciate it as quite clearly superior to Slack. The UI is simpler and makes far more sense - it's very easy to click away from a conversation in Slack and never be able to find it again - and the voice calls are far more reliable. If I were heading a vtuber team or any other sort of group where I needed to keep track of a group of people spread throughout the world, I'd choose Discord over Slack in a heartbeat.

As for Microsoft Teams, I'd rather take a staplegun to my own ballsack. Very glad the idiots who insisted I use that piece of shit aren't working with us anymore. Shockingly bad. From what I've used of Matrix, back before the Groomcord, it was fine but lacked Slack and Discord's ease of use particularly when first connecting to a server.

Not sure what other alternatives are out there. Maybe Sun and IBM have something similar which costs $5000 per user per year or something. But for most other teams, Discord works great.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
This whole model leak thing is not Eimi's fault but Sakana's. Talents should not have the ability to share files with the "Anyone with a link" option on.

They should have it disabled for the whole company, it's simple enough.

I'm assuming of course that Sakana pays for Google Workspaces and that his employees are not using personnal accounts for sharing critical company assets.

I guess it's also on Google for not having better defaults. The default settings should always be the secure ones.
I mean even Disney had "Anyone with a link" google docs that had their links leaked in that big leak a few weeks back. Options exist but people don't think to use them.

The real answer is that no one should be using Google Workspace, period. It may have been the "in" thing like 7 years ago, but 365 is better than it in every way at this point. For example: the default state of sharing files isn't "anyone with the fucking link".

Anyway, for revelancy:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan

frz

I'm assuming of course that Sakana pays
The sign of people using Discord over slacks means they are not paying for slack. Slack is great, but it also charges PER USER. Which is honestly not that much for a big corpo, but it's a lot for a chink owner.
It really would be smarter to use Discord solely for public-facing interactions (collaboration stream calls, fan interactions in the Phase-Connect server etc.) and a separate program like Slack etc. for private interactions. That way you'd be able to enforce a simple "open Discord, close Slack" policy that would very quickly become second nature, rather than using Discord for everything and constantly having to worry which particular chat is open at any given moment.
Just having a separate apps for work and one for personal uses does wonders yes.
You can't mistakenly open the work app on stream. But you can mistakenly open the discord app on stream, so many streamers does it all the fucking time.
Guess which platform leaked the "All out war" thing despite Nijisanji uses Slack?
Discord likely have a convenient way of pulling up plaintext copies of chatlogs as and when they're needed.
Oh sweet summer child, it's well documented that discord logs IMAGES. Chat isn't the only thing they are logging. I wouldn't be surprised if they logged private voice calls either if they needed to please the CCP overlords.
How would this be any different than it would be with Slack or Microsoft Teams or whatever, though? Do they somehow make it more difficult to show a link on stream? I doubt it - at the end of the day, regardless of the chat program, regardless of the file sharing system, Eimi did something really stupid here and there's no point in pretending the majority of the fault lies elsewhere.
Slack has 1GB/file upload limit compared to Discord uh 8mb/file on a non-boosted server. Usually you don't need to link a google drive unless you are sharing like an entire movie. If the file is directly uploaded and shared onto slack, noone can grab the "link" with a single screenshot.
If you uses slack app intergrations and file management/sharing it's the undisputed king. Every corpos pays $15/user/month for it for a reason. They can charge that much because they are that good.
If you uses slack for nothing but simple chat and call, some rare times you use emojis, then yeah discord is enough for that.

Last edited:

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
First time seeing this content creator but I like their sense of humor.

Stunned But Dumb

Last month started with a phase yab too... hmm

Also about Ina's back and her comments since it was brought up, she really only said to not spam the (by then dead joke) too much and asked to do it in moderation. Remember Ina wasnt around when the back stuff first flared up and it went on for a while before she came ba- returned. Here's the vod of where she talked about it, timestamped 21:27

You can watch the whole vod if you like though, it's very cute

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Top Bottom