"I believe the Earth is flat, because Hana-senpai means the world to me hahaha"Miyu Ottavia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I don't see how it is, by your description. If it's looking for an object to recreate, it still recreates it. Sounds like any number of songs or movies or art pieces that get away with being ripoffs. "Legally distinct," if you will.

If it's not a direct copyrighted sample, like you see used in music, I don't see how it runs afoul of copyright.
"Commercial Use". The AI products are using data they don't have, in many cases, legal right to use as part of Fair Use and it's for an explicitly commercial purpose of AI training. But that's only under US Law. In Japan, you cannot use a company's brand logo without express permission, thus an AI's ability to recreate those logos will be an automatic copyright violation. There's a reason this is going to get litigated across all of the major countries and for years, and it's just getting started.

There's obviously a lot of gray areas, as this is brand new for what's happening, but it's not that dissimilar from tracing an art piece.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The real problem with this, in my eyes, since AI art is yet another gay battlefield in the all-devouring culture war, is that it'll bring more grifters, vermintide and techbros into Hololive's orbit, who don't actually give a shit, but just want a flashy new place to argue with each other.

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum
"Commercial Use". The AI products are using data they don't have, in many cases, legal right to use as part of Fair Use and it's for an explicitly commercial purpose of AI training. But that's only under US Law. In Japan, you cannot use a company's brand logo without express permission, thus an AI's ability to recreate those logos will be an automatic copyright violation. There's a reason this is going to get litigated across all of the major countries and for years, and it's just getting started.

There's obviously a lot of gray areas, as this is brand new for what's happening, but it's not that dissimilar from tracing an art piece.

I would argue it isn't similar to tracing, as it's not copying, it's imitating - and even then, when it's not doing a direct artist style, it's a large mishmash.

The rest of it seems less about output and more about input, and that does end up in a strange grey area. Thinking of it from the human side, it doesn't seem to stick. A human artist can look at many different drawings (data) and then create something similar, and that is in no way an infringement, unless we're talking about trademarks (like, well, logos). However, since we're dealing with a program, perhaps that changes the dynamics under law? It shouldn't, as the output is the same, but I'm not a lawyer.

As for recreation of things like logos, this seems to be more on the user side than the program's side. Someone hand drawing a company logo does not result in the producer of the pen and paper running afoul of the law, so here should be the same for the medium (the AI program). But, again, not a lawyer.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
I think the issue is that you assume hololive wasnt paying for it and was trying to save cost. Knowing "AI artists" on pixiv. They might have charged hololive full price and they didn't realize they are getting scammed.
Dont them japs have a "creative director" position anywhere to have him check them stuffs? No honor.......

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
1723452673358.gif
You're all cocksuckers. Stop flooding this thread with your fäggotry, Banter's that way.

View attachment 75678

EDIT:
View attachment 75681
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
Is this old stalker Kakun? Man, Keeki can't catch a fucking break huh. KFP will surely be on the lookout for that guy.

Pina giving an update on her current situation

:pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck:

frz

Dont them japs have a "creative director" position anywhere to have him check them stuffs? No honor.......
Do you know how many arts and commissions they go through in a day. They could have let some slipped. Particularly for non-consequential shit like one time used background. Just my 2 cents. I don't think it's only one person combing through every single art either, probs divided by many.
It could have gone through the hands of some 50 years old who have never seen AI art before.
The real problem with this, in my eyes, since AI art is yet another gay battlefield in the all-devouring culture war, is that it'll bring more grifters, vermintide and techbros into Hololive's orbit, who don't actually give a shit, but just want a flashy new place to argue with each other.
well we already have seen it with McDonalds, as long as you ignore them in the JP scene it's fine. Grifters don't stick when they aren't given attention.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
It is not hololive-generated. People traced and found the exact pixiv "artist" and source.
I didnt see that. Do you have a source for that?

Keekihime jumped by stalker at Comiket New

USS IOWA

Dude...

Edit: I think they found who it is, But the face is still censored though.

frz

I didnt see that. Do you have a source for that?
Exact image and author. It is slated as free-use, but knowing Hololive they will demand permission from the guy instead of someone ripping it and uses it for free like Fillian.

The guy charges $6 for the HD version on Booth, may have used different pricings for corporate use.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Some EU KFPbro needs to take one for the team and fedpost this guy before he actually hurts her. In uhhhhh Euro Truck Simulator 2, of course.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Euthyphro

Certified Awatistic
This Eva girl has been blowing up on my feed lately. From a new corpo group called VyVid that debuted back in May with two other members, Usumairu Bun and Da Fish (these fucking names man):

I blinked and she's already at 30K subs. Probably due to all the music shorts but her CCV is at healthy low 3-view range, so it seems like she's attracting a live audience. Looking at her debut and my first thought was "Lisa?", except that she knows her way around a computer (she took apart a laptop on stream, sorta):
eva4.jpgeva5.jpg
eva6.jpgeva7.jpg
Some of her upcoming content, not quite the same as Lisa's stuff (well, except for Peggle):
GUuV08YWEAAwk4v.jpeg
Pleasant streaming personality, lovely voice and some nice karaoke:

evasongs1.PNGevasongs2.PNG

I'll be watching her career with great interest.

Attachments

• eva1.jpg
    eva1.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 30
  • eva3.jpg
    eva3.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

USS IOWA

UberSoldat

I have the same stance on AI I have on creative tools: I would never be able to learn graphic, video and editorial stuff without pirating Adobe, Corel and Vegas products, but now that I'm able to buy licenses, there's no reason not to, it's called giving back.
I sincerely hope you didn't give Adobe your money.

httn

Hag enthusiast

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Awoogers

USS IOWA

She pretty much confirm its him(not kakun, the old jap in the picture)

View attachment 75692
She also retweeted it. If i had to guess i would say its a stalker from her idol days.

I hope someone give him the old Doohicky slam, The Contraption action, The old Abe Slayer.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Enough MATI, posting Vtuber stuff.

Hoshikage Lapis is currently asking for tech support.

Re:AcT's Summer live is at 8PM JST with special guest Nema Ui, an Okinawan Vtuber.

Talents participating are Hanabasami Kyo, Shishigami Leona, Yumekawa Kanau, Marumochi Tsukimi, Tsukushi Aria, Nekono Yukino, Kulaku Lie, Usuwa Suu, and Lisa Makoh (whose younger sister is getting married).

774inc's Touri Sei will also have her 3D birthday live at the same time.

With special guests Kohaku Yuri and Hebiyoi Tier. Amaui pulled out due to acute tonsillitis.

Re:AcT's Coucourua Creil and Otogi Nemu will celebrate their 2nd anniversary at 9PM JST.

Also releasing a cover an hour later.

They debuted as a five person group but lost three members. Isana Kuryu (already reincarnated) and Syuka Bisui graduated, Mikoshi Taran was terminated and we know her terrible fate.

The reason Karubi became a Vtuber.

Starring a tamagotchi necklace and gothloli outfit. VSpo's Hanabusa Lisa laughs a lot in this clip.

VSpo's Nekota Tsuna, Niji's Ebio, and Reject's Karubi with a ghost.

Towa-san, VSpo's Kaminari Qpi, and Neoporte's Aruse Inu.

If you follow this team you might be able to hear a gyaru calling someone "dog" (Inu).

Awoogers

She pretty much confirm its him(not kakun, the old jap in the picture)

View attachment 75692
She also retweeted it. If i had to guess i would say its a stalker from her idol days.

Oh hell nah

Idol stalkers and gachis are a different fucking breed man they will literally follow someone without them knowing for a whole decade because they did a handshake once

That's fucking terrifying

Top Bottom