"I'm going to live for Yaggo together and swim wear"Todoroki Hajime

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
I concluded with a relatively fair and balanced in her arguments she even complained about male sexualization when usually that's ignored I think she's fine I don't have any real issues with her
That’s why I said she is pulling “quantum gymnastics” and “fuck bitches like her who are using excuses all because she cannot stand sexy hot female drawings, she really reeks like a fucking incel” she is jealous of sexy female drawings because males are gravitating their attention to hot fictitious women instead of them, so what do women like her do? Destroy what males love in order to get back their attention. And she is also a K-pop stan, don’t forget that.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Good Night Everyone
I hope Lap and Gozaru dont Divorce tomorrow :)

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
The thing I miss the most during her time as Pikamee was her ability to collab with a variety of VTubers be it indies to various corpo VTubers and even the OGs including the 4 kings and even Kizuna AI herself.

Now as Henya I rarely see her collab with anyone outside of VShojo.
I wonder if Gyari or someone else did bts networking and managed collabs. Vtubers are typically suffer from ADD and can't plan shit, Geega had to tardwrangle vshojo to schedule collabs even between themselves. But their management don't do networking part.
I think this clip speaks for itself regarding Henya's ability to reach out

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

Mio want to take you back to 2021 with her latest cover.

Ah Mio, I thought we were done with that song years ago.

Speaking of old things no one talks about any more, I will always associate this song with this: (4:34)

(also watch from the beginning for an sbsolute banger intro)

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
>Believing anything on April 1st

You hate to see it. :BibooPopcorn:
Look at the date. Don’t let her jebait if I were you.
Look, if it was just "Matara's day off: The Animation" with absolutely no context? Sure, I guess she has the money to burn for it, but ending it on the Codec ringtone? I don't think Konami is hitting up Vshohoe for a collab, so there's only one other thing it could be.

If they are jerking everyone's chain... well, they get what they deserve. :Vesper-UNHINGED:
VShojo is a _____ company, and their recent _____ was a huge success"
Vshojo is a money laundering shell company and their recent Ironmouse redesign was a huge success.
:BijouBijou:

ScarletCorrupt

Awawawawa (derogatory)
Jelly is back and awatistic as ever, we've got some MORE SORTING BABY!
ycq-RZNu-DHMn78g-SXt56-YCQ.png

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
That’s why I said she is pulling “quantum gymnastics” and “fuck bitches like her who are using excuses all because she cannot stand sexy hot female drawings, she really reeks like a fucking incel” she is jealous of sexy female drawings because males are gravitating their attention to hot fictitious women instead of them, so what do women like her do? Destroy what males love in order to get back their attention. And she is also a K-pop stan, don’t forget that.
Tell me you didn't read my post without telling me you didn't read the post

*host asks Mai about femme fatales and her thoughts on characters made to be sexy as a part of their character*

Mai: tbh as long as they are legal its totally fine with me because women can be se- women weaponize their sexiness that's totally fine sunshine and rainbows for me of course the line where i draw is the age thing
and secondly if the problem comes up of when-like i said that small percentage of people who genuinely think "ok women look like that" like those idiots out there who think this represents what women should look like and if you do you are an idiot you know and so yeah i think they can exist perfectly fine even like the super hyper sexualized gratuitous ones I think to an extent like a part of me says its ok for them to exist because if you are not an idiot then you can tell that you know not all women look like that and you shouldn't expect that from people just the problem arises when people think that they should look like that and so when it comes to sexy characters who are designed because their character im like yeah that's fine by me cause sexy characters sexy people DO exist you know like I'm not gonna deny their existence so if a character is designed sexy and acts sexy that's totally cool with me that's totally cool

*they talk about and praise Hildegard of soul calibur 6 for having realistic full body armor concluding she is still sexy despite proper armor covering*
Mai: you don't have to cancel sexiness altogether a character can be sexy its just that this is not gratuitous its totally within the realm of reason and one of the arguments i hear abou-from like people who think that like the male gaze isn't that bad of a deal is cause like (mocking voice) "if you want all womens armor to look like mens they're all gonna look the same and they're gonna be ugly blah blah blah blah" and I'm like girl shes fully covered up and she looks fantastic you know she still looks sexy and even if she did show a little bit of skin its still functional you know its not like shes only wearing a bikini you know so

*they bring up and praise timeskip yoko from guren lagann as a good sexy character*
*host brings up Mai Shiranui of king of fighters as another example of the femme fatale character Mai agrees*
*Mai praises Titania of fire emblem path of radiance,bayonetta,Alice of Madness Returns*
*host brings up and praises female kamen riders nonspecific*

Last edited:

randomtranny

my pronouns are re/tard/fag/got
What is 'vocal weight'? How much folds close, right? Well, only full close is relaxed and safe. Cartoon voice (think mickey mouse) is relaxed head voice with fully closing chords. Falsetto is partially open, thus strained. False chords strain - you mean straining them to pull true chords open? Yep, that's bad shit. I'm more familiar with relaxing them to get distortion.
> swallow and hold
what the fuck are they talking about? if i swallow and hold, i will fucking burp! only relevant thing i can imagine is holding diaphragm, but that would be normal
It's a technique that taught you how to "lift up the Adams apple", but it is the main leading cause for vocal damage and shitty voices. Vocal weight is hard to understand, but the easiest way to explain it is how fast the breath comes out of your throat. Ive been taking singing classes at a vocal coach for awhile, and it's basically a way to soften or thicken your voice. It's very important for a loud, but soft singing.
When they're off doing their own fleshtuber Twitch thot shit it's easy to just ignore it and write it off as something that's not for me, but when they dip their toes into idol territory it inherently draws unflattering comparisons, since their idol content has always been "we have Hololive at home".

If they're throwing cash at Pomu and it gives her something to do to keep her mind off the brainworms for a while then more power to her I guess, but I can easily see her stagnating there.

In a way Henya feels like less of a downgrade since she had her toes in these circles as Pikamee too, but I see where you're coming from. We've looped about the impact of Coco vs. Kson endlessly and I think her transition into a "safe" flesh streamer who occasionally uses a vtuber model speaks for itself, but the ex-Nijis seem to be losing steam too. Kuro's had some pretty public menhera episodes and drama, and the majority of the talk I've seen about Matara lately has been about her hanging out with other Nijis and people speculating if they're joining VShojo too, rather than her actual content.

I keep coming back to the "talent freedom" tagline but I think this shows how hollow it really is. Fine, you're not wrangling everyone as tightly as other corporations, and maybe that could work if you have other plans. But what exactly is being achieved instead? What does this talent freedom enable that wouldn't be possible in a more formally regulated corpo? If Hololive is an idol company and their recent HoloFes event was a huge success, then is there an equivalent statement of "VShojo is a _____ company, and their recent _____ was a huge success"? What separates VShojo from a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies?
VShojo is like a retirement home at this point. You enter and you'll have a stable CCV, and security. However not much is going on.

My oshi (forma de roach) likes to TEASE me and she thinks she's FUNNY and if the implication is real I'm going to CRY from happiness.

:NinaWave::pomuLove:

I'm excited for whoever it is, but why is everyone at VShojo a fucking demon or someone evil? Geega's a evil demon elf underlord, Mouse is a demon, Matara is some demon roach thing, Hajime is... Something with claws. Even Froot is a fucking demon. Are they trying to make a statement?

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
You've taken something I've been feeling for a fairly long time now and worded it perfectly: VShojo is the complacency company. It's hard to say whether it's due to the talent freedom letting them overindulge in novelties so they're not novel any more, or nobody involved giving a fuck in general, but it feels like nothing exciting happens, and when they do bother making an attempt it's just to tick a box while falling short of industry standard.

I don't trust them to handle anyone who genuinely wants to be an idol, just look at their previous attempts at idol performances and you'll understand why. The one-off show Nazuna did chugged along at 8fps like it was being encoded on someone's laptop from 2004, the Candy Pop thing used what were essentially the "How to Draw Manga!" brand of 3D models, and Ironmouse's """$100,000""" concert had a visual presentation on par with those kusoges that get rushed out in a month with no QA - I literally laughed out loud seeing the "crowd" outside the palace area consisting of like ten 2D character illustrations being shown at the wrong angles.

All the company itself can really do to draw attention is to accelerate and debut new talents, but even then it's kind of hard to care when they're just poaching ex-corpos who're gonna do the exact same shit they did before while also fleshtubing on the side for some fucking reason, rather than introducing new or previously overlooked talents who might bring something interesting to the table.
While I do agree this shit breeds complacency I feel like the more goal oriented people you get in Vshojo, the more special events and things you will see coming out. I feel like Pomu has enough idol rot in her brain that she will try to push for covers, and concerts and shit. This is one of the more positive things that Niji and Holo had going for it. People wanted to one-up each other in a semi competitive way as to come off with new flashy shit (except when Niji cancelled their shit). Pretty sure that the only reason why Nina started releasing covers was because Ike and Enna pushed her into it.

Vshojo seems to be lacking that ambience but it is possible for her to finally be able to collab more with people over at Hololive. People she looks up to like Kiara, Nerissa and Fuwamoco. Crossing my fingers i am right and not just have her become another Minecract/React streamer. Either way. even if she stagnates, atleast she will have more liberty to interact with others.
Vtubers are typically suffer from ADD and can't plan shit, Geega had to tardwrangle vshojo to schedule collabs even between themselves. But their management don't do networking part.
I think this clip speaks for itself regarding Henya's ability to reach out

Every time I see a creator focusing inwards they're always stagnating something fierce. It's especially prevalent in Twitch streaming, how each stream is its own island, and how they only really live on in clips afterwards, all really comes together to encourage a streamer to only think about the stream. If you're lucky they're creative one-offs at least, and if you're not lucky then its react content and fotm gaming all the way to the bottom.

I think one the nice things about both Cover and even Anycolor is that they force the creator to always be thinking outside their own stream, whether that's something as simple as planning birthday and anniversary merch. We see extreme introverts and depressives in Hololive too, but even they end up on official programs or at least have a schedule of things they have to attend to. This might not manifest as an advantage for the creator themselves, but it sure is nice as a fan.

I'm with Azehara in that I do think the right people, interacting and telling a collective story together, and making content that pushes each other forward, could work really well for Vshojo. I'm reminded of the three times I've really appreciated Vshojo content:

The first was Nyanners back when she was putting out weird Haachama-esque multi-stream arc content.
The second was when Henya joined and her honeymoon months of collabs. She even made me laugh at Zentraya, that's how good the shenanigans were. But the story component of Henya with her triumphant return and then the pranking and revenge arcs was what made it especially good.
The third was Kson and her audition for Yakuza. Again very driven by the story of it, and the friends made along the way.

This aspect is lost entirely in a normal, inwards-facing stream. Vshojo clearly has the resources to make any type of content work, so it's particularly frustrating to see those resources put towards Lore Video #14.

Was this post about Pomu? I hope she goes somewhere nice.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
Angry VTuber yells at you in German.

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
It's a technique that taught you how to "lift up the Adams apple", but it is the main leading cause for vocal damage and shitty voices. Vocal weight is hard to understand, but the easiest way to explain it is how fast the breath comes out of your throat. Ive been taking singing classes at a vocal coach for awhile, and it's basically a way to soften or thicken your voice. It's very important for a loud, but soft singing.

VShojo is like a retirement home at this point. You enter and you'll have a stable CCV, and security. However not much is going on.

I'm excited for whoever it is, but why is everyone at VShojo a fucking demon or someone evil? Geega's a evil demon elf underlord, Mouse is a demon, Matara is some demon roach thing, Hajime is... Something with claws. Even Froot is a fucking demon. Are they trying to make a statement?
autistic correction time
Mouse THE DEVIL (much to her Christian moms annoyance )
Geega is just a half elf petty warlord
Matara = sex i mean roach alien
Hime is is like.....sex cutholu?
froot = litch + whore

wew

Male hag love!
As an indie vtuber let me tell you its so fucking hard to think of stuff you can do that isnt just chatting and streaming a video game. I don't have the push from a manager or the funds to do projects. Its hard to reach out to others because they never get back to your DMs thanks to their menhera or they just have to juggle a shit ton of other DMs.
Then your time is split up for prepping streams, dealing with your community, irl stuff (work, school, family, chores) other things you do like art or music, hanging out with friends and sleeping. it doesn't sound like a lot but some how I feel like a need another me to deal with things and keep track of what's going on. God help you if your health gets in the way. I feel bad every time i have to call off a stream because of sickness.

:pikameefuck:Fuck man I want to do cool stupid stuff but its hard to find the time to get ideas than put them together.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

AO Cody

Go read Cloudscratcher
Early Adopter
Didn't see this posted here, so I'm dropping an H-Bomb of wholesomeness on this forum.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Every time I see a creator focusing inwards they're always stagnating something fierce. It's especially prevalent in Twitch streaming, how each stream is its own island, and how they only really live on in clips afterwards, all really comes together to encourage a streamer to only think about the stream. If you're lucky they're creative one-offs at least, and if you're not lucky then its react content and fotm gaming all the way to the bottom.

I think one the nice things about both Cover and even Anycolor is that they force the creator to always be thinking outside their own stream, whether that's something as simple as planning birthday and anniversary merch. We see extreme introverts and depressives in Hololive too, but even they end up on official programs or at least have a schedule of things they have to attend to. This might not manifest as an advantage for the creator themselves, but it sure is nice as a fan.

I'm with Azehara in that I do think the right people, interacting and telling a collective story together, and making content that pushes each other forward, could work really well for Vshojo. I'm reminded of the three times I've really appreciated Vshojo content:

The first was Nyanners back when she was putting out weird Haachama-esque multi-stream arc content.
The second was when Henya joined and her honeymoon months of collabs. She even made me laugh at Zentraya, that's how good the shenanigans were. But the story component of Henya with her triumphant return and then the pranking and revenge arcs was what made it especially good.
The third was Kson and her audition for Yakuza. Again very driven by the story of it, and the friends made along the way.

This aspect is lost entirely in a normal, inwards-facing stream. Vshojo clearly has the resources to make any type of content work, so it's particularly frustrating to see those resources put towards Lore Video #14.

Was this post about Pomu? I hope she goes somewhere nice.
I have always thought that vtubers are best experienced when there's a story to be followed, kinda like the WWE. That's why I will always bitch when people say "Oh they just normal streamers with avatar" because that is downplaying the sheer potential and content creation ability that this medium was created for. If you're just gonna be a normal streamer then ditch the avatar.

frz

Pomu clearly still wants to do the Idol thing. She could go indie but I'm not sure what her financial situation is and a full 3d concert is gonna be expensive. She really only has 2 choices, Holo where she'd not only have to wait until debut but then for another year to get 3d, or Vshojo where she can have someone starting on her 3d model before she even debuts.

Between getting fucked around with by Niji for years and the whole cancer scare when she got a mastectomy as a preventative measure she may have decided waiting around even longer wasn't something she was willing to do.
Nobody knows whatever the fuck hololive criteria are but dev_is should be infinitely easier to get in to than the main branches, if she truly wanted idol dreams she should have stayed in japan. She also wouldnt be the first kaigai who barely speaks japanese in dev_is. :koronehappyl: nor the first english speaking japanese corpo orbiter (onigiri) or the first english speaking vshojo member in japan.
Pomu leaving japan and potentially joining vshojo sounds like she already gave up on being an idol. Some small concert here and there with brave, 4 music covers every year is not something vshojo cant provide. But without passion, stagnation and complacency are inevitable.
I agree but am not surprised if Pomu does end up in vshojo. If Cover actually did actual nepo-hires then Cali's friend, Milky Queen, would have been in EN2 or 3 already. I like Orange Woman but I suspect Reaper Woman has more internal clout with her successes and music sales. And yes, I believe Sana actually got in legit without Ina and they hired her cus they wanted Ina 2.0.

I suspect Cover would make Pomu audition and wait just like everyone else. It's a shame for the idol-brained girl to miss out but not a big deal for non Pomu-fans. I mostly trust Cover's EN girls recruiting department. Pomu giving up and going to the guaranteed Vshojo gig and $ makes more sense instead of going indie and waiting months for possible EN4 news and results is too uncertain. Yes, Vshojo does a few single concerts but they are not on the same level at all.

edit: It could have been a feel-good story just like the doggo/GGN twins finally reaching their dreams of getting into the vtuber idol agency and jumpstart EN4's numbers
Edit: i completely misread this statement due to being fucking blond. Migo or dumb react me. :guradumbl:. For some reason I read it as "fwmc kickstarted en3" and not "fwmc kickstarted en4's number" and went full rrat.
Pikamee left VOMS because they couldn't do stuff like the 3D concert for her and Vshojo could. Fair enough. She joins Vshojo as Henya, and got the 3D concert a few months after joining, which was really cool. But what's she done after that? It's been like eight months since then, and as far as I can tell, all she's done is gaming streams, zatsus and collabs.
Hey cut henya some slack. She also does... check notes... react content. :Roboco-MEMENOD:

Last edited:

Kazuma

Early Adopter

Not-Username

If you want 🐀, hololive kickstarted en gen 3 for bijou. If you have any kind of observation skills the biggest streamers in hololive have always been the loli (and almost all of them blue). Dimitry saw bijou talent, instantly accepted her on her first real attempt at an audition (she has never streamed before her first audition) and churned out en gen 3.
You mean that her first rejection was fake and she tided over as indie until 3rd gen was complete?!
That's a very big :cursedbae:

How you even get that. I mean her first audition sucked because she has never streamed before while not even knowing what hololive or vtubing is.[/QUOTE[
Because I read the parentheses as emphasizing her real attempt as her first audition without streaming experience.
Thanks for clarifying.

Last edited:
Reactions: frz

frz

You mean that her first rejection was fake and she tided over as indie until 3rd gen was complete?!
That's a very big :cursedbae:
How you even get that. I mean her first audition sucked because she has never streamed before while not even knowing what hololive or vtubing is.

Her 2nd audition is considered her real first try as she now comes in with experience after being an indie for a year, honing her skills. Holo immediately accept her at this try and debuted a gen to accommodate her talents.

Still rrats though. Just that I believe in it more than the hololive built en gen 3 for fwmc rrat. Considering the time gap between bijou's graduation and en 3 to the gogo nippon sister's and how quick holo accepted her.

Last edited:

Salado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom