"What do you mean? I got all, I got picture of ghost! I got the picture of finguhpurint! I was only one who ackshually went, like crazy woman, while everyone else was praying with the television remote controOOOOool !!!"Tenma Maemi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You've taken something I've been feeling for a fairly long time now and worded it perfectly: VShojo is the complacency company. It's hard to say whether it's due to the talent freedom letting them overindulge in novelties so they're not novel any more, or nobody involved giving a fuck in general, but it feels like nothing exciting happens, and when they do bother making an attempt it's just to tick a box while falling short of industry standard.

I don't trust them to handle anyone who genuinely wants to be an idol, just look at their previous attempts at idol performances and you'll understand why. The one-off show Nazuna did chugged along at 8fps like it was being encoded on someone's laptop from 2004, the Candy Pop thing used what were essentially the "How to Draw Manga!" brand of 3D models, and Ironmouse's """$100,000""" concert had a visual presentation on par with those kusoges that get rushed out in a month with no QA - I literally laughed out loud seeing the "crowd" outside the palace area consisting of like ten 2D character illustrations being shown at the wrong angles.

All the company itself can really do to draw attention is to accelerate and debut new talents, but even then it's kind of hard to care when they're just poaching ex-corpos who're gonna do the exact same shit they did before while also fleshtubing on the side for some fucking reason, rather than introducing new or previously overlooked talents who might bring something interesting to the table.
I do at least appreciate that Vshojo has allowed some ex-corpo talents a second home, and that the talents are happy there and making a good living. But for the third-largest EN vtuber corpo, I agree that I find it hard to care about what they're doing.

Also, complacency is contagious. If you surround yourself with complacent people, you're going to lose your drive and ambition. Pikamee left VOMS because they couldn't do stuff like the 3D concert for her and Vshojo could. Fair enough. She joins Vshojo as Henya, and got the 3D concert a few months after joining, which was really cool. But what's she done after that? It's been like eight months since then, and as far as I can tell, all she's done is gaming streams, zatsus and collabs. If she's got another concert planned or other ambitious plans, I haven't heard about them. It feels like a protracted whimper of an end compared to what she had originally planned. Thanks, Vshojo.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I do at least appreciate that Vshojo has allowed some ex-corpo talents a second home, and that the talents are happy there and making a good living. But for the third-largest EN vtuber corpo, I agree that I find it hard to care about what they're doing.

Also, complacency is contagious. If you surround yourself with complacent people, you're going to lose your drive and ambition. Pikamee left VOMS because they couldn't do stuff like the 3D concert for her and Vshojo could. Fair enough. She joins Vshojo as Henya, and got the 3D concert a few months after joining, which was really cool. But what's she done after that? It's been like eight months since then, and as far as I can tell, all she's done is gaming streams, zatsus and collabs. If she's got another concert planned or other ambitious plans, I haven't heard about them. It feels like a protracted whimper of an end compared to what she had originally planned. Thanks, Vshojo.
Gura should join vshojo.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
For April Fools Day, Rie has decided to pretend to debut as Hatsune Miku.

Oh, and I think this might be the first time she's hit 4-view status status outside of a collab stream.
1711949890679.png

She's also doing a bang-on job with the Hatsune Miku karaoke, so definitely worth checking out beyond the gimmick. Good job, Rie.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Comparing Vshojo to Holo and Niji is fundamentally wrong imo, they are nothing alike and function in such different ways that it's apples to lettuces, compare them to mythic or some shit like that. If pomu goes to Vshojo then that's honestly fine by me, as long as she's happy and doing something other than moping around and feeling like trash.
When they're off doing their own fleshtuber Twitch thot shit it's easy to just ignore it and write it off as something that's not for me, but when they dip their toes into idol territory it inherently draws unflattering comparisons, since their idol content has always been "we have Hololive at home".

If they're throwing cash at Pomu and it gives her something to do to keep her mind off the brainworms for a while then more power to her I guess, but I can easily see her stagnating there.

Also, complacency is contagious. If you surround yourself with complacent people, you're going to lose your drive and ambition. Pikamee left VOMS because they couldn't do stuff like the 3D concert for her and Vshojo could. Fair enough. She joins Vshojo as Henya, and got the 3D concert a few months after joining, which was really cool. But what's she done after that? It's been like eight months since then, and as far as I can tell, all she's done is gaming streams, zatsus and collabs. If she's got another concert planned or other ambitious plans, I haven't heard about them. It feels like a protracted whimper of an end compared to what she had originally planned. Thanks, Vshojo,
In a way Henya feels like less of a downgrade since she had her toes in these circles as Pikamee too, but I see where you're coming from. We've looped about the impact of Coco vs. Kson endlessly and I think her transition into a "safe" flesh streamer who occasionally uses a vtuber model speaks for itself, but the ex-Nijis seem to be losing steam too. Kuro's had some pretty public menhera episodes and drama, and the majority of the talk I've seen about Matara lately has been about her hanging out with other Nijis and people speculating if they're joining VShojo too, rather than her actual content.

I keep coming back to the "talent freedom" tagline but I think this shows how hollow it really is. Fine, you're not wrangling everyone as tightly as other corporations, and maybe that could work if you have other plans. But what exactly is being achieved instead? What does this talent freedom enable that wouldn't be possible in a more formally regulated corpo? If Hololive is an idol company and their recent HoloFes event was a huge success, then is there an equivalent statement of "VShojo is a _____ company, and their recent _____ was a huge success"? What separates VShojo from a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies?

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister

My oshi (forma de roach) likes to TEASE me and she thinks she's FUNNY and if the implication is real I'm going to CRY from happiness.

:NinaWave::pomuLove:

Look at the date. Don’t let her jebait if I were you.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Negzana

Writing this right now while it's fresh, it's not even 1 AM yet and I already got April Fools pranked

I was watching some streams of Suisei when I got to a tribute video about all her moments and then saw a termination notice and how all her streams and content would be taken down and was saddened

And then I woke up

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Good thing I dropped her after finding out her PL. Not gonna lie, her voice did not bother me one single bit during and after her debut, I go as far as watch and enjoy her content. But this quantum gymnastics she’s pulling off in her PL to manipulate/subvert the minds of people to attacking a hobby is a major red flag. Fuck bitches like her who are using excuses all because she cannot stand sexy hot female drawings, she really reeks like a fucking incel.
I concluded that she's relatively fair and balanced in her arguments she even complained about male sexualization when usually that's ignored I think she's fine I don't have any real issues with her

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I keep coming back to the "talent freedom" tagline but I think this shows how hollow it really is. Fine, you're not wrangling everyone as tightly as other corporations, and maybe that could work if you have other plans. But what exactly is being achieved instead? What does this talent freedom enable that wouldn't be possible in a more formally regulated corpo? If Hololive is an idol company and their recent HoloFes event was a huge success, then is there an equivalent statement of "VShojo is a _____ company, and their recent _____ was a huge success"? What separates VShojo from a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies?
Because viewing Vshojo as a rival to Holo/Niji is wrong in a fundamental level. Vshojo doesn't exist to go anywhere, they weren't created by someone who wanted to grow towards some end goal, it's simply a group of friends which got together and pooled their popularity with some semblance of management and branding, that's it.

The whole "talent freedom" has been terribly misinterpreted imo, everyone thinks it's some tagline for innovation and changes to the industry that will make it better for everyone or some idealistic nonsense. The truth of the matter is that Vshojo only touted that to look good, it's a PR move and nothing else, specially in 2022 when Holo looked weaker than it had been in two years. So no, they didn't intend to go anywhere with it or do anything, they just coast off of the popularity of their poaches and are good enough to not get into people's bad sides.

Now they're having an even better time. Niji has blown the fuck up and they can passively hoover up all of the graduates for PR and popularity boosts while looking good because it is impossible to look bad compared to Niji. And even better yet, they aren't even being used as the bastion of greatness by neo-tribalists and dramafags like Holo is, so even if they fuck up right now it will just be brushed aside because nobody is paying attention to them. Sometimes being mediocre pays out.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
What separates VShojo from a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies?
Nothing. It was founded by a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies, it still is and show no intention to change anymore. They can do whatever they want however they want and you should stop your infantile whining about it.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Nothing. It was founded by a group of popular loosely-affiliated indies, it still is and show no intention to change anymore. They can do whatever they want however they want and you should stop your infantile whining about it.
MerelyTourist not having a shit take: Impossible Challenge.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
MerelyTourist not having a shit take: Impossible Challenge.
Same take as me but got mad at the end. The beaner wins over the cheeki breeki once again.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
No other user on this forum is as true to their username as you are.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Mio want to take you back to 2021 with her latest cover.

Very nice instrumental and vocals. Very solid cover, and up there among one of the best.

Saruei being based about dating

"I'm bi, but the state of modern women makes me want to be straight"

I am having mixed feelings about this Frog. On the one hand she is very sensitive on her nationality but on the other hand she has based takes like this.
I like this bitch. Wonder if someone will try to cancel her for this as its usually the case by then adding the whole "she draws loli" to it. Also her accent is cute and shes pretty hot irl.

My oshi (forma de roach) likes to TEASE me and she thinks she's FUNNY and if the implication is real I'm going to CRY from happiness.

:NinaWave::pomuLove:

I think people are starting to get tired of April Fools where people do or say shit and everyone wants it only to be false. I think we are entering an era where the new "April Fools Prank" will be promising something, people waving it off due to the date only for it to become a reality.

Eilis Umbra is drawing Ina in a cute dress holding a tako. It's comfy as per usual. Been going an hour and half but if you need something to wind down to this evening, its a stream to consider.

(I don't know how to do the thumbnail trick when hotlinking images so i'm just gonna link my twitter post for the screenshot:
)

I really like her drawings but her streams are a bit too boring for me.

You've taken something I've been feeling for a fairly long time now and worded it perfectly: VShojo is the complacency company. It's hard to say whether it's due to the talent freedom letting them overindulge in novelties so they're not novel any more, or nobody involved giving a fuck in general, but it feels like nothing exciting happens, and when they do bother making an attempt it's just to tick a box while falling short of industry standard.

I don't trust them to handle anyone who genuinely wants to be an idol, just look at their previous attempts at idol performances and you'll understand why. The one-off show Nazuna did chugged along at 8fps like it was being encoded on someone's laptop from 2004, the Candy Pop thing used what were essentially the "How to Draw Manga!" brand of 3D models, and Ironmouse's """$100,000""" concert had a visual presentation on par with those kusoges that get rushed out in a month with no QA - I literally laughed out loud seeing the "crowd" outside the palace area consisting of like ten 2D character illustrations being shown at the wrong angles.

All the company itself can really do to draw attention is to accelerate and debut new talents, but even then it's kind of hard to care when they're just poaching ex-corpos who're gonna do the exact same shit they did before while also fleshtubing on the side for some fucking reason, rather than introducing new or previously overlooked talents who might bring something interesting to the table.
While I do agree this shit breeds complacency I feel like the more goal oriented people you get in Vshojo, the more special events and things you will see coming out. I feel like Pomu has enough idol rot in her brain that she will try to push for covers, and concerts and shit. This is one of the more positive things that Niji and Holo had going for it. People wanted to one-up each other in a semi competitive way as to come off with new flashy shit (except when Niji cancelled their shit). Pretty sure that the only reason why Nina started releasing covers was because Ike and Enna pushed her into it.

Vshojo seems to be lacking that ambience but it is possible for her to finally be able to collab more with people over at Hololive. People she looks up to like Kiara, Nerissa and Fuwamoco. Crossing my fingers i am right and not just have her become another Minecract/React streamer. Either way. even if she stagnates, atleast she will have more liberty to interact with others.

Hard disagree in a way. While somewhat slow, it seems Vshojo has been moving towards being something more than just a regular "mythic". Atleast it has felt that way duing this past year. Not sure what happened to VshojoJP and why that shit has been stuck at nothing, but I feel like at some point we will see a more traditional oriented push towards either content creation or events.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Very nice instrumental and vocals. Very solid cover, and up there among one of the best.

I like this bitch. Wonder if someone will try to cancel her for this as its usually the case by then adding the whole "she draws loli" to it. Also her accent is cute and shes pretty hot irl.

I think people are starting to get tired of April Fools where people do or say shit and everyone wants it only to be false. I think we are entering an era where the new "April Fools Prank" will be promising something, people waving it off due to the date only for it to become a reality.

I really like her drawings but her streams are a bit too boring for me.

While I do agree this shit breeds complacency I feel like the more goal oriented people you get in Vshojo, the more special events and things you will see coming out. I feel like Pomu has enough idol rot in her brain that she will try to push for covers, and concerts and shit. This is one of the more positive things that Niji and Holo had going for it. People wanted to one-up each other in a semi competitive way as to come off with new flashy shit (except when Niji cancelled their shit). Vshojo seems to be lacking that ambience but it is possible for her to finally be able to collab more with people over at Hololive. People she looks up to like Kiara, Nerissa and Fuwamoco.

Crossing my fingers i am right and not just have her become another Minecract/React streamer. Either way. even if she stagnates, atleast she will have more liberty to interact with others.
Pomu will make Vshojo great again, and make the whores pay for it.

Salado

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Purple Cow Guerilla Karaoke. You will attend.

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
In a way Henya feels like less of a downgrade since she had her toes in these circles as Pikamee too, but I see where you're coming from.

The thing I miss the most during her time as Pikamee was her ability to collab with a variety of VTubers be it indies to various corpo VTubers and even the OGs including the 4 kings and even Kizuna AI herself.

Now as Henya I rarely see her collab with anyone outside of VShojo.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Hard disagree in a way. While somewhat slow, it seems Vshojo has been moving towards being something more than just a regular "mythic". Atleast it has felt that way duing this past year. Not sure what happened to VshojoJP and why that shit has been stuck at nothing, but I feel like at some point we will see a more traditional oriented push towards either content creation or events.
I wouldn't consider single concert indicative of anything. And Mouse concert is her own thing.
VshojoJP - nothing happend, ever. It's not a "branch", just minimal life support for talents living there.
As for complacency - valid point, but then there is insane peer pressure from you know who. If you had any idol dreams to pursue, in vshojo you have no excuses anymore. But it gotta be mostly self-driven, no one will wrangle you into doing stuff like in holo.

The thing I miss the most during her time as Pikamee was her ability to collab with a variety of VTubers be it indies to various corpo VTubers and even the OGs including the 4 kings and even Kizuna AI herself.
Now as Henya I rarely see her collab with anyone outside of VShojo.
I wonder if Gyari or someone else did bts networking and managed collabs. Vtubers are typically suffer from ADD and can't plan shit, Geega had to tardwrangle vshojo to schedule collabs even between themselves. But their management don't do networking part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom