"My dad uses a boob mousepad. It's actually not good for your wrist you know"S.S. Isa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salado

Maybe tiktok getting banned is a good thing...

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
This all does seem kind of rushed to me, though.
Based on her recent behaviour I don't think Pomu herself has any idea what she wants to do. Wouldn't be surprised if Matara's the one who talked her round to continuing as a vtuber and it was a fairly recent confirmation from her.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Baby Moona for anyone into that

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
While I am happy she is possibly coming back, if this is not a troll, it is kinda bittersweet. I think she could reach greater heights than VShojo could realistically ever provide her. But I suppose that is ultimately Nijisanji's fault for utterly destroying their talents' ambitions. I am generally not as critical of VS as other people, but I do think the people in it are really there to reach a level of complacency. Which is normally fine, I just think Pomu has the ability to achieve more.

>Believing anything on April 1st

You hate to see it. :BibooPopcorn:

USS IOWA

Maybe tiktok getting banned is a good thing...
But where would I discover a niche or very old music, Tiktok edits are always good source of those.
While I am happy she is possibly coming back, if this is not a troll, it is kinda bittersweet. I think she could reach greater heights than VShojo could realistically ever provide her. But I suppose that is ultimately Nijisanji's fault for utterly destroying their talents' ambitions. I am generally not as critical of VS as other people, but I do think the people in it are really there to reach a level of complacency. Which is normally fine, I just think Pomu has the ability to achieve more.

Me thinks this either just her killing time and gather enough experience yo qualify a spot in Hololive if they decide to have an another round of auditions for EN.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
Wouldn't be surprised if Matara's the one who talked her round to continuing as a vtuber and it was a fairly recent confirmation from her.
It was not Matara, in one of her tweets she mentioned she talked with her idol kami oshi, when they were talking she mentioned who she was and what she did before but told her she did not know how to continue now that her job as Pomu ended, her oshi told her to stop being a baby and go back to do what she does best, so she obliged

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
It's simple, she's a hypocrite. It doesn't matter if what she says is right or wrong, it makes her a hypocrite.
Nowadays it's so fucking difficult to tell if person is genuine hypocrite or just #supportcurrentthing tard.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Yeah it's her I remember some crazy Airihead spent around 10 hours transcribing and dissecting a podcast she was on that had the homeland concerned she was gonna go sjw all over Niji
Interesting to note said podcast is private now

Good thing I dropped her after finding out her PL. Not gonna lie, her voice did not bother me one single bit during and after her debut, I go as far as watch and enjoy her content. But this quantum gymnastics she’s pulling off in her PL to manipulate/subvert the minds of people to attacking a hobby is a major red flag. Fuck bitches like her who are using excuses all because she cannot stand sexy hot female drawings, she really reeks like a fucking incel.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
We gotta look good after the death of Niji dude, THIS CARCASS STILL HAS MEAT CLOUT LEFT TO DIG OUT! VSHOJO HASN'T GOTTEN THEIR CUT YET!

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
the women in this family are all normal
runs in the blood

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Pomu clearly still wants to do the Idol thing. She could go indie but I'm not sure what her financial situation is and a full 3d concert is gonna be expensive. She really only has 2 choices, Holo where she'd not only have to wait until debut but then for another year to get 3d, or Vshojo where she can have someone starting on her 3d model before she even debuts.

Between getting fucked around with by Niji for years and the whole cancer scare when she got a mastectomy as a preventative measure she may have decided waiting around even longer wasn't something she was willing to do.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

I agree but am not surprised if Pomu does end up in vshojo. If Cover actually did actual nepo-hires then Cali's friend, Milky Queen, would have been in EN2 or 3 already. I like Orange Woman but I suspect Reaper Woman has more internal clout with her successes and music sales. And yes, I believe Sana actually got in legit without Ina and they hired her cus they wanted Ina 2.0.

I suspect Cover would make Pomu audition and wait just like everyone else. It's a shame for the idol-brained girl to miss out but not a big deal for non Pomu-fans. I mostly trust Cover's EN girls recruiting department. Pomu giving up and going to the guaranteed Vshojo gig and $ makes more sense instead of going indie and waiting months for possible EN4 news and results is too uncertain. Yes, Vshojo does a few single concerts but they are not on the same level at all.

edit: It could have been a feel-good story just like the doggo/GGN twins finally reaching their dreams of getting into the vtuber idol agency and jumpstart EN4's numbers

Last edited:

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Pomu clearly still wants to do the Idol thing. She could go indie but I'm not sure what her financial situation is and a full 3d concert is gonna be expensive. She really only has 2 choices, Holo where she'd not only have to wait until debut but then for another year to get 3d, or Vshojo where she can have someone starting on her 3d model before she even debuts.

Between getting fucked around with by Niji for years and the whole cancer scare when she got a mastectomy as a preventative measure she may have decided waiting around even longer wasn't something she was willing to do.
LOL
Vshojo needed the help of Vills or Brave Group to have actual quality 3D
Anyone goes to Vshojo for the quick and easy money: the amount they are willing to give is enough to fund +10 lawyers at the same time
I agree but am not surprised if Pomu does end up in vshojo. If Cover actually did actual nepo-hires then Cali's friend, Milky Queen, would have been in EN2 or 3 already. I like Orange Woman but I suspect Reaper Woman has more internal clout with her successes and music sales. And yes, I believe Sana actually got in legit without Ina and they hired her cus they wanted Ina 2.0.

I suspect Cover would make Pomu audition and wait just like everyone else. It's a shame for the idol-brained girl to miss out but not a big deal for non Pomu-fans. I mostly trust Cover's EN girls recruiting department. Pomu giving up and going to the guaranteed Vshojo gig and $ makes more sense instead of going indie and waiting months for possible EN4 news and results is too uncertain. Yes, Vshojo does a few single concerts but they are not on the same level at all.
I hard agree but like we discussed a dozens of time already Cover never really builds a EN gen around one person

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Mari strimmin

PROCTOR FIX THE FUCKING SITE WHY THE FUCK WE HAVE TO ADD DUMB USLESS WWW !?!?!?!?!

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
who the fuck dumped a whole ass truck of fentanyl on rie and thought that it was a good idea

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I hard agree but like we discussed a dozens of time already Cover never really builds a EN gen around one person
I dunno about building an EN gen around them, but I really wanna know if the original intent of the doggo twins was to share one channel or if it was something like Selen and whatsherface that other dragon wing head Niji girl being lore sisters but separate channels.

I guess that is the biggest shame, Pomu getting in would have been another feelgood story like the GGN twins finally making it into the idol agency and kickstart EN4. I'm sure Cover can find equal or better talent but the storyline is unique and ultra rare.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

You've taken something I've been feeling for a fairly long time now and worded it perfectly: VShojo is the complacency company. It's hard to say whether it's due to the talent freedom letting them overindulge in novelties so they're not novel any more, or nobody involved giving a fuck in general, but it feels like nothing exciting happens, and when they do bother making an attempt it's just to tick a box while falling short of industry standard.

I don't trust them to handle anyone who genuinely wants to be an idol, just look at their previous attempts at idol performances and you'll understand why. The one-off show Nazuna did chugged along at 8fps like it was being encoded on someone's laptop from 2004, the Candy Pop thing used what were essentially the "How to Draw Manga!" brand of 3D models, and Ironmouse's """$100,000""" concert had a visual presentation on par with those kusoges that get rushed out in a month with no QA - I literally laughed out loud seeing the "crowd" outside the palace area consisting of like ten 2D character illustrations being shown at the wrong angles.

All the company itself can really do to draw attention is to accelerate and debut new talents, but even then it's kind of hard to care when they're just poaching ex-corpos who're gonna do the exact same shit they did before while also fleshtubing on the side for some fucking reason, rather than introducing new or previously overlooked talents who might bring something interesting to the table.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Out of control FaunRyS

Demon Shork Core

She might have a point, Bats

Very cute, needs a tiny bit more smug, though

Bronze

Ka-ching!! is premiering a cover E: Lol

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
You've taken something I've been feeling for a fairly long time now and worded it perfectly: VShojo is the complacency company. It's hard to say whether it's due to the talent freedom letting them overindulge in novelties so they're not novel any more, or nobody involved giving a fuck in general, but it feels like nothing exciting happens, and when they do bother making an attempt it's just to tick a box while falling short of industry standard.

I don't trust them to handle anyone who genuinely wants to be an idol, just look at their previous attempts at idol performances and you'll understand why. The one-off show Nazuna did chugged along at 8fps like it was being encoded on someone's laptop from 2004, the Candy Pop thing used what were essentially the "How to Draw Manga!" brand of 3D models, and Ironmouse's """$100,000""" concert had a visual presentation on par with those kusoges that get rushed out in a month with no QA - I literally laughed out loud seeing the "crowd" outside the palace area consisting of like ten 2D character illustrations being shown at the wrong angles.

All the company itself can really do to draw attention is to accelerate and debut new talents, but even then it's kind of hard to care when they're just poaching ex-corpos who're gonna do the exact same shit they did before while also fleshtubing on the side for some fucking reason, rather than introducing new or previously overlooked talents who might bring something interesting to the table.
Comparing Vshojo to Holo and Niji is fundamentally wrong imo, they are nothing alike and function in such different ways that it's apples to lettuces, compare them to mythic or some shit like that. If pomu goes to Vshojo then that's honestly fine by me, as long as she's happy and doing something other than moping around and feeling like trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom