"AAARRRGH! You can't marry me because I'm already your older sister!"Omaru Polka

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Stunned But Dumb

I like a lot of indies. I respect and wish for them to succeed and stay out of danger or trouble. And if they aren't clashing with my mains, I'll enjoy a good indie stream. There's a reason thousands of thousands of indies send in applications every time a corpo opens up their apps. Even garbage corporations. NIjisanji EN's reputation is dumpstered right now, but I can assure you next time Riku chooses to accelerate, They will be sifting through thousands of applications. Less than before, but still a considerable amount. Even indies don't believe indies are the future.

Another thing: Corpos are kind of the 1% of the vtuber universe. They're the big boys, but let's pretend. Let's get rid of all the corpos and corpo vtubers. You know what you still get? The 1%. The top of the crop. The Shylilys and the Shxtos and the Baos (are these technically in an agency? I don't know) I won't watch that video, but there's a reason every single one of those indies in that thumbnail are super recognizable and that Doki is the biggest in there and leading the pack. The game is still going to be skewed, we'll just be coping about "Small indies are the future" or something similar.

In the end it feels like a cope that hipsters used to rock. There are some fantastic 1 views that really definitely should be 4 views. We only have so much time in our days though, can only watch so much. That's just how it is.

Negzana

I like a lot of indies. I respect and wish for them to succeed and stay out of danger or trouble. And if they aren't clashing with my mains, I'll enjoy a good indie stream. There's a reason thousands of thousands of indies send in applications every time a corpo opens up their apps. Even garbage corporations. NIjisanji EN's reputation is dumpstered right now, but I can assure you next time Riku chooses to accelerate, They will be sifting through thousands of applications. Less than before, but still a considerable amount. Even indies don't believe indies are the future.

Another thing: Corpos are kind of the 1% of the vtuber universe. They're the big boys, but let's pretend. Let's get rid of all the corpos and corpo vtubers. You know what you still get? The 1%. The top of the crop. The Shylilys and the Shxtos and the Baos (are these technically in an agency? I don't know) I won't watch that video, but there's a reason every single one of those indies in that thumbnail are super recognizable and that Doki is the biggest in there and leading the pack. The game is still going to be skewed, we'll just be coping about "Small indies are the future" or something similar.

In the end it feels like a cope that hipsters used to rock. There are some fantastic 1 views that really definitely should be 4 views. We only have so much time in our days though, can only watch so much. That's just how it is.
I just wished more Indies didn't follow the twitch meta and did Idol hololive style stuff

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I just wished more Indies didn't follow the twitch meta and did Idol hololive style stuff

But there are indie and small-time vtubers doing idol stuff. PAM Okabe did her Christmas carol relay a few months ago and roped in a bunch of small corpos and indies and got them to perform. There are plenty of indies doing karaoke and putting out covers and honing their music skill, as well as the normal vtuber zatsu/games/collab combo. The problem is more finding someone that suits your tastes rather than them not existing.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Circling back to this, is it cucked if your oshi shares feet pics with another girl and flauts it?

What if she does that but also tries to blame it on her chat? That seems pretty cucky to me.

x7wgyw.png

wew

Male hag love!

Time to see if the rrats win

:ameliaThink: I'm watching the vod and my troon voice detector is going off.
I can hear them squeezing their vocal cords to try and pitch up their voice and on top of that they are doing that soft whisper tone to try and cover it up. I hear it break every now and then.
idk im like 90% sure its a guy doing a voice but I don't know what most chinese girls sound like.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

@Cubanodun Retardo rabbit is gonna watch the debut of this astroturfed chinese spyware vtuber.

So I took a peak to see his announcement
He is doing a 24 hour donothon to fund his new model who cares right? Here's the interesting thing he is going to get an agency Vtuber in their pl with a voice changer on stream for a segment where they judge him taking a BDSM test (whatever that is) and he challenged chat to figure out who it is via speech pattern and how they speak presumably neither of them will confirm for obvious reasons. He also said that the Vtuber in question will have a side shown from them chat has never seen
She either believes they wont cuck her or she is ardently looking forward to being cucked by them if her stories indicate something
You assume Wanderer gives a single fuck about sex (or that he even has dick being basically a sentient robot)
With April Fools on the horizon, I want to ask what your favorite April Fools streams and events are/were. My favorite was calli Calvin putting out an album ending in a rap battle. Really fun stuff.

My favorite one was the proto-promise body switch relay
Dead vod walking
Surprisingly it survived

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
So I took a peak to see his announcement
He is doing a 24 hour donothon to find his new model who cares right? Here's the interesting thing he is going to get an agency Vtuber in their pl with a voice changer on stream for a segment where they judge him taking a BDSM test (whatever that is) and he challenged chat to figure out who it is via vocal tone and how they speak presumably neither of them will confirm for obvious reasons
Whoever took this challenge with him is extremely fucking retarded, talents of either of the big two would be a fucking terrible idea unless a Niji wanted to just end it all, so im wholly expecting a literal who or Rie from Phase just for shits and giggles, maybe if Pippa got braindamage

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Cutest cat streaming:
Collabing with cutest bug

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

One look at Twitch tells me otherwise

Well, the main point of the video is that 90% of vtubers out there are not fit to be a corpo vtuber, which I very much agree with
and its also a propaganda piece for Indie groups like Vdere, which are just as good as Corpos but without the negatives

Vdere isn't a corpo, not atm anyways. Talk to me when they have bills and salaries to pay and the ugly business aspects cause one of the founders to greed the fuck out and maybe even file a lolsuit. It is not a coincidence that many corpos fail to get off the ground, it is hard as balls and I see many people underestimating it now that Niji stumbled.

As for yambat, I don't give a shit about her takes, she's a "holier than thou" style moralizer and 2 big dramas away from sanctimoniously claiming that joining a corpo is akin to killing babies or something. She also hates kayfabe because it's "lying to people", guess she must hate Hollywood, VAs and every famous person in existence then.

You think dramas will end when all corpos are dead? :selenpointandlaugh: Pfft! We will have even more drama like the Tora shit and all sorts of wonderful twitter callouts and twitlongers, indies are 10x more dramatic than corpos, the only difference is that indie drama only matters to a few people and not 45% of the whole community.
The Shylilys and the Shxtos and the Baos (are these technically in an agency? I don't know) I won't watch that video, but there's a reason every single one of those indies in that thumbnail are super recognizable and that Doki is the biggest in there and leading the pack. The game is still going to be skewed, we'll just be coping about "Small indies are the future" or something similar.
I don't care about indies, I think it's fine if people like em and support them, and I acknowledge that every corpo has its own share of shit aspects and always will. But I am also of the opinion that a lot of diehard indie shills are very much hipsters who hate popular stuff, as if this hobby isn't niche enough...
This is just another flavor of stupid tribalism, let people watch what they want. If you don't like corpos then don't watch them, but stop trying to shame people for it.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Whoever took this challenge with him is extremely fucking retarded, talents of either of the big two would be a fucking terrible idea unless a Niji wanted to just end it all, so im wholly expecting a literal who or Rie from Phase just for shits and giggles, maybe if Pippa got braindamage
Maybe it's a Niji talent that's been fired or plans to graduate but haven't been announced?

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
The future isn't indie :Vesper-UNHINGED: if it wasn't for the corpo who made kizuna AI vtubing wouldn't be what it is today. The future will always be corporate because unless you get rich with bitcoin like mister beast you ain't gonna have the money to pull all the flashy things corpos do. The indie scenes is a fucking cesspit of backstabbing and drama. I no doubt corpo backroom talk is the same but they are on a leash and that prevents things to go full nuclear most of the time :menhera: Indies can have their appeal but if any indie that looks at doki thinks they could get the same amount of success this far into the game without doing time in a corpo are retarded. Indies who want to try vtubing seriously should go the football atlhete route. You build your skills in the local team(twitch/youtube) and then you hope to get picked up for the nba/nfl(holo/niji/whatever) and then you retire in vshojo.

Anyway, have some clara singing some good shit

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
It's really not that easy. Even smaller corpos have a hard time of it. People like Fillian, Doki, Shxtx, and U-san can do big events and shit because they are popular and make enough money to, yes. Even then, they are nowhere near the level company-backed VTubers are. Even Fishman hasn't broken in to the idol shit, yet, despite his intention to. Just remember how many corpos have died trying to do exactly that in the incredibly short lifespan of this industry, ones that certainly had more resources than your average indie.

Stunned But Dumb

I think all vtuber corpo discords should purge every few months actually. No more all out wars that way

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Lets not forget some of the bigger "indie" vtubers are in extremely large talent agencies anyways, like Filian
Don't mistake agencies for corpos, Filian is 100% indie.
Even indies don't believe indies are the future.
It's still same coin toss, unless you'll get into Holo specifically. You might join corpo and get lower views than before. With microcorpos, chances of getting fucked are way too high.
Te future might be not indie, but it's not entirely corpo either. I don't see corpo cut of the market significantly expanding, ever.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Even indies don't believe indies are the future.

It's entirely situational. We could ask Doki right now how she feels about being an indie, and at the same time go over to Henya's and get her opinion on not being one.

Stunned But Dumb

It's entirely situational. We could ask Doki right now how she feels about being an indie, and at the same time go over to Henya's and get her opinion on not being one.
You're not wrong, but I don't think those two are the best examples since they're both rare, explosive situations. When I said "even indies don't believe indies are the future" I mean the smaller indies. The ridiculousness of pushing indies are the future while shilling up indies that are as big as or even bigger than some corpos is what I was trying to point out. It may not have come across clearly, though. I don't like the attitude of "let's root for the little guy" while hyping up people like Doki and Quinn

Horo7618

No one in particular

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
You're not wrong, but I don't think those two are the best examples since they're both rare, explosive situations. When I said "even indies don't believe indies are the future" I mean the smaller indies. The ridiculousness of pushing indies are the future while shilling up indies that are as big as or even bigger than some corpos is what I was trying to point out. It may not have come across clearly, though. I don't like the attitude of "let's root for the little guy" while hyping up people like Doki and Quinn
Lets ask how the feel about it to:
Neo Porte members
Idol members
VirtuaReal members
774 members
VSPO members
PC members
And the list goes on....
Each one its a different case

Salado

Clem the Gem

Unknown member
Early Adopter

I was just thinking, Scotland seemed like a bit of an odd choice to go filming Hololive stuff. I just couldn't imagine a bunch of Japanese girls acting all cute and talking funny going down too well with the locals. The bar staff in that clip certainly didn't seem too impressed.

Still, at least it's Edinburgh. At lot less stabby than somewhere like Glasgow. Could you imagine..

[Edit] On second thoughts, I'm now thinking about how much the video could have been edited with their voices added afterwards.
If I happened to be in that pub and overheard these accents and one of them saying they're a pirate captain, it would click pretty quickly who they were. Maybe they're just really not thinking they'd be recognised over there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom