"I feel like back in the day everyone on the Internet named themselves their name plus -chu. Maybe just in my corner of the Internet"Ceres Fauna

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

2nd half of the kawaii debuts starting

Early Adopter

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Another one to add to the pile. Twitter For You is more like a collection of whores and dead people. Not sure if she counts as both, thats just an observation. Says variety streamer but I checked out her Twitch and seemed like she was indeed a Vtuber

D E A D G I R L I N B I O

AA

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Guys I read on Twitter that something had happen to Shiori on her members stream, Did something happen?
She trauma dumped a bit. Other people seem to think it was pretty rough but it just seems like standard Asian women stuff. Parents never shows much affection, she was taught not to get preggers while she watched the rest of female relatives knocked up. Her mom doesn't trust men.. maybe something happened (yikes). Her mom was the bread winner, dad is implied to never have done much.

Something about seeing her friend get mistreated by another "friend" and wanting to stand up and call them out. She is gonna text her friend after stream about how she really feels. She started tearing up a bit early in the members only stream but seemed to cheer up a bit after ranting about how guys get all the cool sexual and romantic visual novels and girls get less stuff. Started talking about some VN she read, something Twisted Wonderland I think. (I thought there are plenty of otome and female-oriented visual novels and games so I'm very puzzled by this :botanshrug:)

She also hinted a bit about her past as a vtuber when asked about her Oshi. It started out with commenting on how collabs work in Hololive, group dynamics, when to fight for the "spotlight" and when to just chill and "vibe." Next were her favorite Holomems and the fan pairings (Kiara and Nerissa, Mumei and Fauna +Kronii, Biboo and Kaela, etc) She declined to mention any Holomens as her oshi but brought up an old grandma vtuber and how her oshis are all graduated and gone except maybe one or two of em.

Nothing too serious imo but I've dated too many asian women in my life, they're all a lil nuts. I was also only half listening while driving so I probably missed plenty of stuff. She said she is happy where she is in her life but personally I'm not too sure on that one.

edit: About anything spicy about her fellow Holomem.. all I remember is that she is introverted af. Outside of her gen she is amused by Iofi in their Twilight watchalong, sees Hachama as a sister.. she likes the character design of Zeta, Lamy, Noel, Chloe. Noel's medieval armor activates her neurons. Polka looks fun but language would be a barrier to communicating.. She recognizes Ao as a fellow girl-failure and Raden is JP version of her but also smokes. Was shocked to learn rakugo woman supposedly stopped smoking. And she appreciates Cali for reaching out to her to collab.

Last edited:

Early Adopter
"Dunno if I should tell you this, but one of my favourite songs is 'Death should not have taken me'" -Dokibird

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

LuminousCove

Lumi Angler

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Proctor v Nousagi cage match for the title of "gayest vtuber model ever"
Proctor actually has a sense of humor and goes along with the Discord fujos' fuckery (wait, can I blame them? Does Azehara count as a fujo?), which I appreciate (still won't watch when he segues into politics, though).

Nousagi is trying to be funny, but, well...
KINO KINO KINOOOO

I know a lot of you never watched the Niji wrassling events Selen organized but they were pure comedy and so much fun. I think you'd have a good time watching the Doki Wrestling Federation even if you don't watch her otherwise.
The question is, can she get Matara as Stacy Cornbred?

Netscaper

Early Adopter
After they tried to justify fucking her over with permission issues, it's only fair if she takes back everything that wasn't a registered trademark, or commissions legally distinct copy.
On that note, she should do a totally-different-not-inspired military outfit.
The only thing of that intro that Niji owns are the Selen and Ember models (and I suppose the intro itself).
After seeing so many artists say that Selen had to pay out of pocket (when Niji failed to do so for months) and got wrong NDA papers, it made me wonder.
One of the reasons for going corpo are the connections said corpo may have with artists (be it sway or working directly). But if the comments from people like Matara are to be believed, outside of the original model artist, Niji doesn't even provide that. And even if they did provide the connections, if you where said artist, would you continue to work and side with a company that fails to pay you, or with the talent that sought you out and paid you for the work done?
This may not have made said artists boycott Niji, but it made them aware and willing to work with a certain indie Vtuber. :dokibirdWhat:

:rinitsretarded:

Last edited:

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Kalion

:)

It's the black bear's 3rd year anniversary.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
To believe that the kayfabe wasnt just a convinient backdrop to some is kind of dumb, considering how much we know about daily lifes of our vtubers. That said model do create a degree of separation between human self and a character, and the model being a stand in for your face allowed you to be whoever you want. The degree of separation itself also allowed for, ironically, more intimacy with the audience. Overall, I see the kayfabe and a model as more of a mask than a part to play.
That said if you are doomposting NOW about the fall of vtubing, and also cause UGLY FLESH IS NOW DEFILING OUR SACRED COMMUNITY, I wouldn't say they are unfounded, but I would say Saruei, Kson and Nyaru have been doing flesh streams for years, so you are late for that, the roots are set. Bsides, we already know that in vtubing community being a whore nets you an audience that will make you wish you did anything else instead, them being mostly SEA and all.
And if you are worried that your usual internet grifters that grift off of internet drama have covered one situation and one vtuber, remember that these people watch Charlie not because they actually care what he has to say, but because they lack motivation and attention span to do their own reps, so we aren't going to get flooded with normies either.

TL : DR - stop doomposting naggers, we aren't fucking dying.

Honestly, if the content is entertaining that covers up a LOT. There's a difference in normie content between someone flashing cleavage on a facecam or staring blankly into a camera compared to something like that IRL sims stream Jerma did. The problem with the flesh-tubing stuff has always been that it ends up being really low effort and generally uninspired. I'm sorry to Kson, for example, but her guest meme reviews as Coco were just "better" and more entertaining than her IRL streams IMO. Hopefully if kayfabe actually dies it will lead to some more creative stuff being done in vtubing, but I get why people think it's going to lead to a bunch of low-effort camwhoring.

At the end of the day, talents should not dabble in managerial duties. The fact that the EN branch seems to have been put together so poorly that the talents had to supplement management duties only shows how inept Anycolor seems to be.
Vtubers tend to be menhera or socially inept, so I dunno what they expected.
I mean, IIRC Dizzy wasn't terrible at managing. Whether or not she should have been put in the position where she had to do management work is another story, but she did well with the hand she was dealt. We probably won't ever know the exact details of the Nijisanji management problems, but I have to wonder how much was the "official" management fucking up and livers having to cover for their bosses mistakes.

Last edited:

Awoogers

kanpainiggi

ITS CHAR'S BIRTHDAY!!!!
:tomorrow:

Last edited:

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

Awoogers