"I'm gonna pop it until it... pops"Kaela Kovalskia

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
This will be the downfall of what makes vtubing unique and special. Cannot wait for the amount of drama it will bring too. Vtubing is actually over. More and more people will normalize streaming with a facecam one day and a model the next day. Vtubing is ruined. The normies won.

Vote with your wallet and only support vtubers who actually commit to the model.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Nah, this year being the yabpocalypse might have actually made it easier to gatekeep in the long run.
Nah. It just means more grifters and drama frogs are looking at vtubers in hope of some juicy drama to feed their empty brains with.

Edit : if you were meaning it will gatekeep normies from becoming vtubers i agree with you.

Limkin

This will be the downfall of what makes vtubing unique and special. Cannot wait for the amount of drama it will bring too. Vtubing is actually over. More and more people will normalize streaming with a facecam one day and a model the next day. Vtubing is ruined. The normies won.
The most I will acknowledge is cosplaying as your model when doing a facecam. Full on wig, costume, colored contact lenses etc. But the character has to always be first and not just "generic looking women #534"

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Thank god for that. I hate that bullshit so much.

Death to kayfabe.
Kayfaybe helps streamers get out of their comfort zones by committing to a bit and lets them not be retards with their personal opinions to an extent if they truly are dedicated
Take a look at alot of 2views who constantly bitch and moan about their personal lives or attention seek using irl pics

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
ALL HAIL SHONDO, OUR BASED IMOUTOWIFE GATEKEEPER!!! And FuwaMoco i guess.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Apparently, from reading on /vt/, Memory's oshi is/was Rushia. Not surprising. We know Fish literally tried to make Airi the Marine of PC (Needless to say it failed), wouldn't be surprised if he tried to make a Rushia.
Not surprising that she was a Rushia fan. Hopefully she isn't crazy enough to pull a Rushia.
She's such a Rushia fan that she held Fish down on her cutting board at knifepoint and made him commission the artist that designed Rushia/Michael Cat/Legally Distinct Michael Rushia to design her model.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
This

First and foremost we watched vtubers because of their personality that shined thought them playing their kayfabe and that,I think, is the magic of vtubing as a whole

Do you really think that the heavenly kings would be touted as such if they had the basic ass personalities of the average twitch"vtuber"? No they would probably be forgotten in time and we would not have this hobby as a result if it was, cover still being a tech company and whatnot and the majority of girls still being underground idols and such.

Their dedication and craft to adhere to their lore and kayfabe makes then shine and puts them in a light that they want us to see regardless of who they are on the outside and their willingness to share through their day to day life experiences while still being in the said kayfabe and their lore as a character is what made me watch kizuna ai back then.eich and by extension the people that came after her which made me really stick in this whole thing

If that said kayfabe is gone then the magic of vtubing that made it what it was and hooked people in it would die then and there

Rambling of some flip but them being kayfabe just shows how creative and dedicated the chuubas are on their craft and just showcases their personalities more

Last edited:

Horo7618

No one in particular

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I wouldn't even watch female streamers before they were anime. VTubers pretty much changed my perception of streaming entirely.

Limkin

I wouldn't even watch female streamers before they were anime. VTubers pretty much changed my perception of streaming entirely.
I always found it interesting how male vtubers and regular female streamers are both sharing the trait of "level of coomerbait equals the level of success" and when you switch it around it's the opposite. You would think it should be falling into same categories regardless of gender, but nope.

braindoko

Vote with your wallet and only support vtubers who actually commit to the model.
This would work IF the majority of vtuber viewers had taste and standards.
Kayfaybe helps streamers get out of their comfort zones by committing to a bit and lets them not be retards with their personal opinions to an extent if they truly are dedicated
Take a look at alot of 2views who constantly bitch and moan about their personal lives or attention seek using irl pics
Sadly not a problem exclusive to 2views. It's thanks to some of the big names throwing kayfabe out the window that makes the smaller fish think it's good and imitate it.

Based, fuck fleshies and their boring ass opinions and lives. Either show me how a monster girl/alien/time traveler/lab rat anime person lives or I'll go watch an anime that does

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Way I see it, the people that watch regular streamers won't watch anything vtubers related, including the people that switch back and forth between facecam and avatar. So, these guys are just shooting themselves in the foot. The fanbase they want to appeal to have no interest in the medium.

Now, vshojo is contrary to this. But as times have shown before, their viewers only watch vshojo and their adjacents. They might as well be competing in a different market. That audience too don't really watch vtubers, they just watch twitch streamers, regardless of the medium.

Though, time will tell if that audience will bleed into the dedicated vtuber fanbase. Personally, I doubt it, because the kayfabe has no interest to them. Perhaps recent happenings will lessen the taboo on discussions about alternate accounts, since the genie is out and all that, we'll have to wait and see if companies choose to go that route, which is something I highly doubt will happen ever. Probably the Twitch adjacents at best, but that's it.

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
What I like most about vtubing is that you can make it no matter what you look like. Looking like shit is a massive debuff for regular streamers, and I'd expect it would make streaming completely infeasible for women in particular, as sad as it is.

RiverBear

It's just one that popped in recommends. How is she so 2-view?
Imagine being a fan of MaiPri before Milky hit it big by being associated with Mori

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
To believe that the kayfabe wasnt just a convinient backdrop to some is kind of dumb, considering how much we know about daily lifes of our vtubers. That said model do create a degree of separation between human self and a character, and the model being a stand in for your face allowed you to be whoever you want. The degree of separation itself also allowed for, ironically, more intimacy with the audience. Overall, I see the kayfabe and a model as more of a mask than a part to play.
That said if you are doomposting NOW about the fall of vtubing, and also cause UGLY FLESH IS NOW DEFILING OUR SACRED COMMUNITY, I wouldn't say they are unfounded, but I would say Saruei, Kson and Nyaru have been doing flesh streams for years, so you are late for that, the roots are set. Bsides, we already know that in vtubing community being a whore nets you an audience that will make you wish you did anything else instead, them being mostly SEA and all.
And if you are worried that your usual internet grifters that grift off of internet drama have covered one situation and one vtuber, remember that these people watch Charlie not because they actually care what he has to say, but because they lack motivation and attention span to do their own reps, so we aren't going to get flooded with normies either.

TL : DR - stop doomposting naggers, we aren't fucking dying.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Way I see it, the people that watch regular streamers won't watch anything vtubers related, including the people that switch back and forth between facecam and avatar. So, these guys are just shooting themselves in the foot. The fanbase they want to appeal to have no interest in the medium.

Now, vshojo is contrary to this. But as times have shown before, their viewers only watch vshojo and their adjacents. They might as well be competing in a different market. That audience too don't really watch vtubers, they just watch twitch streamers, regardless of the medium.

Though, time will tell if that audience will bleed into the dedicated vtuber fanbase. Personally, I doubt it, because the kayfabe has no interest to them. Perhaps recent happenings will lessen the taboo on discussions about alternate accounts, since the genie is out and all that, we'll have to wait and see if companies choose to go that route, which is something I highly doubt will happen ever. Probably the Twitch adjacents at best, but that's it.
You would be surprised. GTA RP servers have been dominating twitch for a while now. Its obviously not the same as vtubing but its the closest to it. I used to watch gta rp before vtubers exactly because streamers are playing a character that doesnt bring in shitty politics and whatnot. Well at least it used too.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

I can vouch, it's really tricky to go all in if you don't have solid kayfabe. I picked overly complicated lore before I got the basics of streaming down so I didn't have the luxury of just being a cat or mermaid or sentient pair of boots. You live and learn.

Limkin

Top Bottom