"We were admiring Calli's TV, it's a really nice TV, and then Calli's like 'yeah you know it's good for playing games on it', and then IRyS looked at me DEAD IN THE EYE and was like '...you wanna s m a s h!?!' and there was an awkward silence, we maintained eye contact for like 10 seconds and I was like '...bro??' but then!, she said it again!"Hakos Baelz

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Lia's talking about why she's been so upset lately. Long story short, Youtube has been actively fucking with her channel and striking her videos. An example she gave was that her Resident Evil playthrough got flagged for hate speech because she repeatedly said "mamamamama" when Ada Wong showed up. They even flagged her debut video. When she reached out to Youtube support, the guy essentially called her a moron with poor reading comprehension.

I'm livid.
This is why I have been fairly vocal about the fucking Yabbit telling people to go kill themselves on stream. If Youtube wanted to fuck her over they could probably hit her for inciting or promoting self harm and terminate her channel. Because fucking context doesn't matter. I'm guessing the bot hasn't flagged her because she is ESL and many of these reports are automatic.

USS IOWA

I will go to kay's house and throw bricks of money at his windows.
I will find Kay's bank details and hack in some money for him.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Huh. I just had a thought. I know that there are people who subtitle snippets of the Japanese Hololive talents for English speakers, but are there people who do the opposite? Someone who subtitles the English talents for JP bros?

niggaphil

Not surprising news, GSC stopped Mel's Nendroid development

Well, at least Rushia Nendroid and Figma is still available :dokiSmug:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
VSpo's Tachibana Hinano playing Kingdom Hearts 2.

Lain Paterson entering the Blue Archive story at 6PM JST.

Her previous stream was basically introduction and initial roll. She had to abandon Shiroko (voiced by her favourite Ogura Yui) because the other reroll result has the stronger starter character Iori. She did pull once in the current 0068 banner and got the banner character Dress Aru. Start of the previous stream was scuffed as she used her ipad and doesn't know about using emulator for BA sothegamesoundslikethisandthecharactervoicesweresuperfastaswell.

Sakamata with a new hairstyle at 8PM JST.

From yesterday's RPG discussion, Subaru explaining why she would bring Persona 5 Royal to a deserted island.

She also does a good number of Undertale shilling. The other interesting answers were from Lize Helesta whose dad played FFX2 instead of FFX. After explaining why she likes the Pokemon series (her favourite is HG/SS), she got triggered by Subaru who hasn't played much Pokemon. They do have good chemistry and a future collab/suggestion might be interesting.

Huh. I just had a thought. I know that there are people who subtitle snippets of the Japanese Hololive talents for English speakers, but are there people who do the opposite? Someone who subtitles the English talents for JP bros?
They exist. Here's one with Calli for example.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
There are many. Gura in particular was clipped a lot. And there was one particular Ame clip that went viral and got 1.8m views.

The JP bros really like it when foreigners talk about their experiences in Japan.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Like @kushami tasukaru said, they exist. There are also popular clip channels of translated clips to Korean, Chinese, and Indonesian, too.

For example, this channel is dedicated to Bae and gets views in the 10s of thousands on the videos:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I've seen people doing it in spanish, thai, korean and flip but never nip tbh.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Here are Unarchived Karaoke Streams by Ruze and Octavio.
Crimzon Ruze Ch. HOLOSTARS-EN-【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】 Leap Year Karaoke!-qg25s1wGI7Q-20240301.jpg
Mega Link - Crimzon Ruze - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】 Leap Year Karaoke!-qg25s1wGI7Q-20240229
Octavio Ch. HOLOSTARS-EN-SPICY NOODLES VIBRATO ONLY KARAOKE CHALLENGE【UNARCHIVED】-VLYLLvUrxqU-...jpg
Mega Link - Octavio - SPICY NOODLES VIBRATO ONLY KARAOKE CHALLENGE【UNARCHIVED】-VLYLLvUrxqU-20240229
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

Last edited:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Yeah, I seen plenty of overseas clippers who translated HoloEN in JP, CN, KR and:takoesl:. The Koreans in particular will clip anytime Kiara and Bae mention anything Korean-related like kpop, food, kdramas. I think those two in particular have a decent KR fanbase just like Botan has her Russians. Also anytime Kroni speaks Korean.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Yeah, I seen plenty of overseas clippers who translated HoloEN in JP, CN, KR and:takoesl:. The Koreans in particular will clip anytime Kiara and Bae mention anything Korean-related like kpop, food, kdramas. I think those two in particular have a decent KR fanbase just like Botan has her Russians. Also anytime Kroni speaks Korean.
I don't get why we haven't gotten a KR branch yet, the gooks are literally salivating for some girls of their own and isegye idol continues to monopolize the whole thing. I guess Ayame's hold over the company is still too strong for yagoo to defy. How is korea faring with twitch btw? I haven't heard any follow ups to the country-wide banning rumors.

Everyone talks about ES but imo the biggest markets for Holo are KR and Taiwan atm. Rice creatures also tend to speak a lot less english than beaners and yuros.

Last edited:

DanishCookies

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Here's your dopamine hit for the day.

Two blondes being silly together

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
Cute goat clip:

Last edited:

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat

21st Century Pipkin Man

rabbit's foot, vomit drawer
Lia's talking about why she's been so upset lately. Long story short, Youtube has been actively fucking with her channel and striking her videos. An example she gave was that her Resident Evil playthrough got flagged for hate speech because she repeatedly said "mamamamama" when Ada Wong showed up. They even flagged her debut video. When she reached out to Youtube support, the guy essentially called her a moron with poor reading comprehension.

I'm livid.
I'm a professional when it comes to casual racism, and I don't get why this was punished. Can someone help a brother out?

God's Strongest Dragoon

I don't get why we haven't gotten a KR branch yet, the gooks are literally salivating for some girls of their own and isegye idol continues to monopolize the whole thing. I guess Ayame's hold over the company is still too strong for yagoo to defy. How is korea faring with twitch btw? I haven't heard any follow ups to the country-wide banning rumors.

Everyone talks about ES but imo the biggest markets for Holo are KR and Taiwan atm. Rice creatures also tend to speak a lot less english than beaners and yuros.
TLDR Korean ISPs want to charge more for traffic, which causes Twitch to try multiple methods to reduce costs (720p limit, no more VODs). Twitch ends up just leaving the region altogether because Korea is 10x more expensive to operate in than everywhere else and Korea gets super pissed and tries to charge 300k USD in fines at Twitch as they're out the door. Supposedly Youtube has special deals, so that's why they're able to operate in Korea but no one knows how long that will last.

Korean ISPs have petitioned the Korean government to charge more for web traffic, which has pushed the region from "twitch is bleeding money like usual" to "twitch can not function here". Forcing a 720p limit didn't seem to matter because apparently Korea is 10x as expensive to operate in as compared to other regions because of it. Twitch decided to terminate their VOD service and then eventually just decided on leaving Korea altogether by February 27th. Korean streamers decided to protest the shutdown of Twitch in Korea by streaming adult games and incredibly lewd outfits (yes Korean are coomers but they're pushing it even farther: Check out the clips section for this channel for example).

Apparently the Korean Telecommunications Commission (KCC) is pissed that Twitch said "fuck you, we're just not going to do business" and decided to hit them with a fine for ₩435m (325k USD) on February 22nd. The fine was for "undermining the interests of users" for shutting down the VOD service. They also threw a ₩15m (11k USD) fine at Twitch for failing to prevent the distribution of illegal footage. Korea is just turbo corrupt. For instance, the heir of Samsung was caught bribing people to the tune of 38 million USD. In 2021, he was found guilty but their President pardoned him so he could lead Samsung because they claimed Samsung was too important to their economy. Samsung, the largest chaebol, makes up like 15% of South Korea's GDP.

I've heard rumors that Youtube has special deals in Korea that lets them operate there, as they aren't seen as a direct competitor to Afreeca like Twitch was. However Naver is supposedly going to start a streaming platform and if they view Youtube as a direct competitor, don't be surprised if they ask the government to ass fuck Youtube out of their country.

The Korean chaebols (megacorps like Samsung, Hyundai, LG, and SK) are typically ran by families. After the Korean war, South Korea's industry was mainly agricultural as all the industry was in the North. Their government decided to push the country to industrialize by giving the chaebols favors and guaranteed loans from the banking sector. So while they did accelerate into an industrialized country within 30 years, it was basically done through monopolies/oligopolies created by the government under a form of guided capitalism.

Unsurprisingly, the chaebol have been exposed for corruption numerous times and no one cares because the chaebol and the government are basically one and the same. Several prominent members of the chaebol have even ran and won seats in Korea's National Assembly (their legislature). Americans at least have a thin veil hiding their corruption with lobbyists colluding with politicians. Imagine if they just cut out the middle man, got rid of the lobbyists, and had some C-level executives at some of the MAMAA companies running and winning seats in the Senate.

Think of it like Arasaka in Cyberpunk, where they are the real ones in charge and are ran by a family with literal heirs.

Last edited:

DanishCookies

I'm a professional when it comes to casual racism, and I don't get why this was punished. Can someone help a brother out?
Here's my 2 cents as a professional competitive racist: I think it's because of niggєrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom