"I knew Bae was the right teammate for me. I knew it the moment she jumped into the water"Mori Calliope

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
My only beef with valentine's day is how predatory some vtubers are on lonely niggas with their date streams and shit. I ain't no commie, go get paid all the way just don't be that much of a jew on lonely people. :BijouBijou:
Talking about merch I wish more vtubers would sell shirts with funny designs at reasonable prices. Not everything has to be limited edition :urtearingmeapart:

Bronze

I hate to make comparisons but like. Uh, Phase also has.... some merch for Valentines day

Plus all the Daki's are available again.....
They would have died had Hina been born in Summer. She HAD to have her birthday in the same month as valentines.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

God's Strongest Dragoon

My only beef with valentine's day is how predatory some vtubers are on lonely niggas with their date streams and shit. I ain't no commie, go get paid all the way just don't be that much of a jew on lonely people. :BijouBijou:
Talking about merch I wish more vtubers would sell shirts with funny designs at reasonable prices. Not everything has to be limited edition :urtearingmeapart:
I usually just mentally check out on streams for Valentine's Day, it's all cringy GFE shit.
And Saya did put out T-shirt merch

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
She's also going to donate and maybe match it to some extent, but doesn't want to promise anything until she has the receipts to show for it. WHERE'S THE MONEY FROOT?
Remind me to retweet that shit in 2 days.

I missed these tweets, but wow... I wasn't expecting that.
brave-xvx378ft-Hr.png
Who?

This is a really good cover. Hexa can sing really well, and I really appreciate some Frank Sinatra over the regular pop that most vtubers put out. Give this a couple of minutes of your time, I think it's worth it.
She nailed that karaoke she did a few months ago.

Oh, Scarle's alive.
What are the chances "management" wanted to punish her but decided not to as it would add more fuel to the ever-burning fiery pit known as Nijisanji.

Clip Tax:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

mismatch

Have a cute coyote:

Her previous "soft talking" roleplays include such erotic thrills as "sketchy maid cafe that overcharges you for bad food and isn't in compliance with health codes" and "clumsy maid who actually breaks your valuables and tries to wheedle you into including her in your will."

We are vtuber fans. Being fleeced out of money by idiot anime girls is like our number one turn-on.

You know, you could say that Hololive managed to find a way to actually sell Gura's ass to the public for some dough

Not plug-type. Missed opportunity.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Plus all the Daki's are available again.....
Nothing invokes the romance of Valentine's Day like a stuffed pillow with a half-naked anime girl with a pair of giant anime tiddies hanging out.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

USS IOWA

NijiEN: *Busy putting out the flames they started*
Hololive: Free Robux if join.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Back on topic (sorta) I'm seeing a lot of dramatuber hate in this thread. As a somewhat reluctant member of that despicable demographic it's given me something to think about. Might talk about it on stream tomorrow since Niji is not really letting me plan for streams anymore. I get the whole "profiting off of people's misery," I do (though I'm not monetized). But if It's not me it'd be someone else - it already is lots of someone elses. So at least I can try to do a slightly better job of it than the others.
I figured I'd move this here to avoid further derailing the All Out War thread any more, but I don't think the dramatuber question is quite as clear cut.

On a base level, drama content is gossip. We are social animals and we like knowing what everyone is up to, and it's not much different to what we do on the forum so I find it hard to shoot down the genre as a whole - however, not all drama content is made equal and my distaste to some of it is the value (or lack thereof) it adds, rather than the incredibly subjective ethical concerns surrounding it. There is value to well-organised coverage that can explain a situation to someone who hasn't been closely following it, because realistically most people have better things to do than scroll through a hundred pages of a forum thread to piece together why some cartoon people on the internet are beefing. I don't care for new users showing up here and asking for a spoonfeed in their first post, but if push comes to shove I'd rather randos watch a YouTuber's tl;dr on the situation and at least be on the right track than to misunderstand everything and spread false rumours because of it.

The problem is that a lot of drama content is incredibly vapid. People who are two or three steps removed from the community will also skim-read a few tweets and maybe an article, then hop on camera for ten minutes and one second to give their uninformed interpretation and opinions, usually lacking proper context. Normie streamers muddy the water further because they just sit there for nine hours a day reacting to whatever their stream chat brings up at a given moment, so their take on any situation boils down to them putting the general sentiment from their chat into their own words, since they're just taking any information they're being fed at face value. Any time they talk about something topical, like drama, it gets clipped, and that's how you end up with out-of-touch people like Asmongold etc.'s dumb "all corpos bad" takes presented with some kind of authority, rather than just being a guy thinking out loud about a situation he learnt of five minutes ago.

The monetisation element strictly comes down to your own personal ethical priorities. I don't think it is inherently wrong to earn revenue from covering unpleasant situations as this is how news outlets have operated since day one; if your audience are interested in your coverage and you have the means to earn from it, you are entitled to that money. This is obviously a simplification since there are tasteful and less-tasteful ways of monetising a story which could cause you to get more or less backlash, but I feel like "never monetise others' misery" is an extreme, emotionally-driven opinion from people who wouldn't engage with your content regardless, rather than one deserving of earnest consideration.

Overall if we're comparing this to the press, there is a spectrum ranging from hard-hitting reporting to tabloid gossip - you could argue covering topics like abuse in corpos or gross misconduct by public figures is in the public interest, but the more tabloid-y you get, the harder you'll have to reach for the public interest defence.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Why, yes, I am here for the definitely ironic GFE *wink*

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Urato Chieru continuing Breath of Fire.

Suou Patra continuing Pokemon Red at 8PM JST.

Laplus' new introduction featuring Neoporte's Hizuki Yui.

Clip of Ochigu, this is primarily for her sneezes and Kirby SEX.

Also soma Laplaugh with Penpelaugh.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Shiori's 3d was scuffed af but adorable :kroheart:

Mama Ollie traumatizing her daughter on stream will never not be funny.
Dad is very introverted, what does he do?
Action~
Like getting you flowers?
Action~~
I guess this is why there are four of us in the family..
Sexy~

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Limkin

I can confirm she's going to cringe whenever Sakana tells Airi how well the voicepack did.
Someone from the company needs to buy it and start quoting it in collabs. This is much better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom