"My sexual awakening was Pyramid Head from Silent Hill with the bubblehead nurse"Skye Shinryu

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Kazuma

Early Adopter
I just realized that Pomu won't get to play the MGS 3 remake

FUCK :depressedtako:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Maybe the mixer is doing a fucking miracle but pippa sounds like she can actually sing

Pippa's singing in karaoke (which doesn't benefit from post-processing, multiple takes, etc) has improved a great deal since debut. She wouldn't be the oshi you'd pick if you need a girl who can do great music, but you can tell her performance has been improving with all of her practice.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
Airi speculates about the meaning of "pal fluids".

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
The most obvious one is signing up for a music label, but Niji gets to keep ownership of everything she makes and she has to deliver mandatory content for free on a schedule. Not only it's a classic scheme designed to take advantage of newcomers who don't read contract, but anything not-music related is something she wouldn't care nearly as much.
This could be a likely scenario too since one of the ex-nijiJP (melissa kinrenka) actually decided to graduate after being convinced that they could never claim total ownership of their original songs because it is technically owned by niji instead (also the reason why they decided to nuke all of their music/vods there).
I know several JP livers there had record label deals but I wonder if most of them don't pay much attention to ownership woes since most of them aren't that involved in song-making (vs melissa who wrote all of their songs back then) and mainly present themselves as niji singers from label B

Bronze

Realistically where can the woman go if she still itches for idol shit? holo is closed for maybe a solid year. Idol is about to be sold out and maybe imploding. Phase is closed too for like 2 years from what the girls said. I don't see vshojo really pulling the idol shit she wants ever.
Im just curious what her next step is if she isn't going to vshojo.
Being an idol with idols requires her to audition for HL gen 4. Brave group has V4mirai which is their Idol project according to them. They got 3D really fast and did few concert appearances, but their scale is small currently.

But I would ride with Vshojo unless she'll try HL since they are getting into music, concerts and have resources to spend. They put Henya in Candy pop despite saying its late for her, so clearly they try to make things work for talents. She also can appear in other concerts like Kson and Ironmouse did. There's no guarantee HL will say "omg pomu! We are pomu" and recruit her either.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Don't worry niggas pomu is going to the retirement home of vtuber has beens, vshojo. She will get enough sun and react content for you :smugpipi:
Realistically where can the woman go if she still itches for idol shit? holo is closed for maybe a solid year. Idol is about to be sold out and maybe imploding. Phase is closed too for like 2 years from what the girls said. I don't see vshojo really pulling the idol shit she wants ever.
A wild theory I haven't heard anyone say is Cover's new Dev_is branch. Technically it isn't under HololiveJP according to the org chart I've seen from A Chan's stream. It's a more idol/human model music focused group.. who says it's JP only? EN gen would be interesting, anyone know of some talents who might be interested 🤔

Edit: I know it's very unlikely and the whole branch seems redundant.. but it would be so funny. It can also be a test branch, Don't want to start an official HoloKR, HoloTW, HoloPH branch but a test gen.. maybe.

Last edited:

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Hexa tried out a loli voice on stream.

@midori tagging you because I know you'll hate it :smugpipi:

UberSoldat

Onolumi catches up on Guild Wars lore before her collab

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Airi speculates about the meaning of "pal fluids".

the actual answer is that it comes from Water-based Pals, but I'm sure mods will make her speculation a reality in the future, for better or worse

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

frz

Personally I don't think she's a very good live singer. Nowhere near the Holo top 10. She's more of a studio singer.
I'd say there is some truth to it, Nerissa makes great pre-recorded covers (just look at her first song at her debut for example). But I remember her trying to temper expectations for her first live karaoke, she had lots of technical issues (had to bring in Kiara to fix stuff and calm her down) and she didn't sound quite as good live. It's probably mostly nerves, she has improved a lot in her recent live singing streams.

Contrast her with Irys who sounds about to same to my untrained ears both live and recorded songs, she seems more consistent. Now if only Irys can get better song writers, poor girl has terrible luck with her original songs.
Tbf "top 10 hololive" is a pretty high bar to cross if you compare vocal strength alone
You are competing with AZki, Irys, Towa, Mona, Risu, Suisei, Kobo, Aki, Matsuri, Kanata, Watame, Sora. (I know I named 12 people but I cant really kick one out of there)
Honestly these aren't the only ones being better than Nerissa. You can probs names at least 5 more even with ignoring nerissa karaoke. She needs to do more to actually get into top 10
And this is already ignoring the homo side where there are some powerhouse in there are as well that would kick people off top 10 from the above "shortlist", they might even occupy 5 slots for that matters.

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Hexa tried out a loli voice on stream.

@midori tagging you because I know you'll hate it :smugpipi:

I thought she was just menhera but she actually has some VA chops

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
Biboo is here to motivate you.

Seriously, this goes harder than NijiEN's management on fucking up their talents.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Don't worry niggas pomu is going to the retirement home of vtuber has beens, vshojo. She will get enough sun and react content for you :smugpipi:

You make it sound like Pomu is just some 2view weighing her options. The rules don't apply in this situation. Any EN corpo owner who isn't sliding into dokibird's (edit: Mint's) DMs with offers of big cuts, signing bonuses, and MV production budgets is a fool. If she signs, they can call up two or three other candidates who made it to the final round in a previous audition and throw together a new gen in a hurry, or just debut her solo because fuck it, she's Pomu.

I just realized that Pomu won't get to play the MGS 3 remake

FUCK :depressedtako:

I have no faith in Konami to do a decent job with that thing, so it's just as well.

Last edited:

GOTBB

Kiara but with a voice that doesn't make you want to kill yourself before you can count to 5
Where's the rest?
What about 3? 4?

Koronesuki

X-Potato
You make it sound like Pomu is just some 2view weighing her options. The rules don't apply in this situation. Any EN corpo owner who isn't sliding into dokibird's DMs with offers of big cuts, signing bonuses, and MV production budgets is a fool. If she signs, they can call up two or three other candidates who made it to the final round in a previous audition and throw together a new gen in a hurry, or just debut her solo because fuck it, she's Pomu.
Dokibird is Selen, not Pomu.
:educateyourself:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom