"Don't ask me how to get a girlfriend, I have no clue; But I'm positive that is the solution!"Ange Katrina

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Hexa is live with it looks like Bioshock 2 tonight.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Nice try Riverbear. I just saw this on 4chan though:
image.png

I don't actually care, I just wanted to find a way to point out the typo without being rude.
Lol 4keks don't actually like Nerisser for anything other than her tits. It's impossible to have a discussion about music online without someone spazzing the fuck out anyways.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
أنا بالتأكيد سأفعل

Just because Vox is a smalldick bitch that wanted to cash in on the shittiest audience to exist doesn't mean ASMR has to be coomer content. I'd come across a very small ASMR channel in the past where 98% of the videos was just a woman, sight unseen, just reading chapters of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings out loud from physical books, and between the quiet voice, page turning and faint sounds of skin on paper, I never finished a single one of the videos before losing consciousness. Shinri could read fucking technical manuals in his normal voice and I'd black out in less than a minute. If he were to produce ASMR content of him just reading lore on things he likes it would be so good.
To be fair, Vox aside, most basic white bitches turned ASMR into coomer content years ago, especially when they started doing the shit on video which is absolutely unnecessary for ASMR. Then you have people like Noel's "ASMR." The whole concept of ASMR is a lost art to the point people find non-coomer stuff "weird."
Pomu Rainpuff will return
in VShojo's Endgame
Probably, but like Selen I'm expecting her to do indie if she has time.
Most likely, if what I've heard is true, the managers are handling multiple livers. They seemed overworked and understaffed, classic symptoms of a black company (fuck you Millie for continuing to protect the company) just operating for the profit. This branch is dead in the watet. I see them imploding sooner rather than later but looking at NijiID, there's a chance of them prolonging their demise.

Acceleration is dead. If they ever release a new wave it'll just be the leftovers, look at Krisis and TTT. I feel for the livers, they do not deserve any of this.
Now, the issue with Krisis and TTT are more so that they're part of a large general wave that includes a JP wave. The problem however, the EN side of things is oversaturated as fuck. You have Niji/HoloEN and those set audiences, then you have "mid" sized corpos and that audience which all have some crossovers, but then you have a gazillion EN Indies and vtweeters and only a handful of top EN Indies who likely has most of the audience. The later waves realistically can't have a sizeable audience because it's too late into the game now. While Vtubing largely is on a downtrend in the west (not dying) everything is basically plateau'd when it comes to growth, and unlike the JP side of things, EN audiences adapted a "You should watch everyone just because they may be streaming" rather than choosing who you like and sticking to them (which is why Niji was the way it was with wave releases.) None of the K/TTT people can really get a "new" audience because there isn't a new audience to get and people like who they like for a specific reason, i.e Kunai won't pull people away from HoloEN or large EN indies but may get people from within current audiences in NijiEN checkin her out waiting for their oshi to stream.

So even if they were phenominal livers, there isn't anyone new to reach currently, everyone is back to work/school/pandemic is "lifted" and the economy is shit that people are either settled where they are or they won't really get into anything. Throw in the fact the general consumer population hates vtubers by default, any new wave post ethyria (realistically Obsydia) is bound to stagnate quickly simply due to timing and trend shifting.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Forum theme tonight gents. Pour one out for one of the real homies of the EN vtubing scene.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
To be fair, Vox aside, most basic white bitches turned ASMR into coomer content years ago, especially when they started doing the shit on video which is absolutely unnecessary for ASMR. Then you have people like Noel's "ASMR." The whole concept of ASMR is a lost art to the point people find non-coomer stuff "weird."

Probably, but like Selen I'm expecting her to do indie if she has time.

Now, the issue with Krisis and TTT are more so that they're part of a large general wave that includes a JP wave. The problem however, the EN side of things is oversaturated as fuck. You have Niji/HoloEN and those set audiences, then you have "mid" sized corpos and that audience which all have some crossovers, but then you have a gazillion EN Indies and vtweeters and only a handful of top EN Indies who likely has most of the audience. The later waves realistically can't have a sizeable audience because it's too late into the game now. While Vtubing largely is on a downtrend in the west (not dying) everything is basically plateau'd when it comes to growth, and unlike the JP side of things, EN audiences adapted a "You should watch everyone just because they may be streaming" rather than choosing who you like and sticking to them (which is why Niji was the way it was with wave releases.) None of the K/TTT people can really get a "new" audience because there isn't a new audience to get and people like who they like for a specific reason, i.e Kunai won't pull people away from HoloEN or large EN indies but may get people from within current audiences in NijiEN checkin her out waiting for their oshi to stream.

So even if they were phenominal livers, there isn't anyone new to reach currently, everyone is back to work/school/pandemic is "lifted" and the economy is shit that people are either settled where they are or they won't really get into anything. Throw in the fact the general consumer population hates vtubers by default, any new wave post ethyria (realistically Obsydia) is bound to stagnate quickly simply due to timing and trend shifting.
It is also worth noting that stream viewership numbers are down in the West across the board from what they were during the pandemic, not just with VTubers, aside from the ultra popular streamers like XQC

Limkin

I never understood why Nijisanji called their talents "livers" but now that Pomu and more than likely Selen are gone.
Niji was focusing on livestreams, when the meta back in the days was to put out prerecorded edited videos. Also they weren't even doing it on YT back then, and had no secondary aspects to their streamers (like Holo with idol shtick). Add a healthy dose of wanting to be special and thinking english words are cool and you get liver
Personally I don't think she's a very good live singer. Nowhere near the Holo top 10. She's more of a studio singer.
She said on the very first karaoke she is paranoid about losing her voice, it happens very easy for her, and to never expect her to put effort into regular karaoke and not recording for a song because of it. She also went into some singing techniques autism that I barely understood, but basically she was employing "fake it till you make it" for recordings before, and the teacher she got told her she has a lot of bad habits and her previous experience in, I believe chorus, doesn't translate into what she is doing right now and she needs to learn from scratch. So yeah, they are giving shit to a person who self admits to suck at it.

Last edited:

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Lol 4keks don't actually like Nerisser for anything other than her tits. It's impossible to have a discussion about music online without someone spazzing the fuck out anyways.
Personally I don't think she's a very good live singer. Nowhere near the Holo top 10. She's more of a studio singer.

Bug Eater

Which is a shame because I think Krisis and TTT are legitimately way better than at least XSoleil and ILuna
Vanta (the only true melanated Niji male, fuck off Kyo) and Claude are amazing content creators, it's such a shame that they didn't debut before the fujo bait and switch. Doppio is great as well. (and that's ignoring Vivi who is also an absolute treasure). Kotoka and Meloco seem to have a mixed reception but I personally really enjoy their content. I guess the question is whether Anycolor can learn from their mistakes and gives these new hires the resources they need to succeed - I deserve all the rainbows for that.

Forum theme tonight gents. Pour one out for one of the real homies of the EN vtubing scene.

Maybe this banger relates way more to Pomu's career than it should.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

The Rratarded Alt

Vanta (the only true melanated Niji male, fuck off Kyo) and Claude are amazing content creators, it's such a shame that they didn't debut before the fujo bait and switch. Doppio is great as well. (and that's ignoring Vivi who is also an absolute treasure). Kotoka and Meloco seem to have a mixed reception but I personally really enjoy their content. I guess the question is whether Anycolor can learn from their mistakes and gives these new hires the resources they need to succeed - I deserve all the rainbows for that.
Yeah, I more meant ILuna and Xsoleil as a whole. I know they have standouts in them, such as the ones you mentioned (those three and Maria). TTT and Krisis seem far more solid all around, while the former have retards like Kyo or people who are just plain boring and forgettable like Aia or Aster.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
A brown woman showed up in my feed today and I think gss will like her so here you go

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I honestly think Nerissa is the best singer in EN. And easily top 5 in all of hololive. I would love a cover between AZKI and Nerissa. That would be a blessing our ears dont deserve.

The Rratarded Alt

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
we've just discussed how /vt/ collectively will shit on anyone outside of their threads

Honestly she is still good to me, def the one i probably wouldnt catch much of but i cant deny she has a great speaking/singing voice and great chemistry with both her gen and orange chicken woman

The Rratarded Alt

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I'd say there is some truth to it, Nerissa makes great pre-recorded covers (just look at her first song at her debut for example). But I remember her trying to temper expectations for her first live karaoke, she had lots of technical issues (had to bring in Kiara to fix stuff and calm her down) and she didn't sound quite as good live. It's probably mostly nerves, she has improved a lot in her recent live singing streams.

Contrast her with Irys who sounds about to same to my untrained ears both live and recorded songs, she seems more consistent. Now if only Irys can get better song writers, poor girl has terrible luck with her original songs.

fortnitesmasherX

I honestly think Nerissa is the best singer in EN. And easily top 5 in all of hololive. I would love a cover between AZKI and Nerissa. That would be a blessing our ears dont deserve.
My personal favorite EN song is Pippa The Rippa. Nothing that Yagoo has can top that shit.

Are you Sure?

from this Breaddog to the Pomudachies, we are pomu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom