"Bokobokobo Kobo Kanaeru at your service burp"Kobo Kanaeru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Hopefully the devs don't get caught using Pokémon game model rips for their own Pals or anything else that might tank the project.

Edit: For the record I think these are recreations of the models and not rips but someone may prove me otherwise if they rip Palworld's models and compare.
The seething is funny, the luxor or whatever is pretty blatant but everything is do-not steel tier that will hopefully hold up in court lol

But its suprising that people seem geniuenly offended some randy indie devs are cutting some roses out of the multi billion dollar franchise's garden
Those artists who were hopefully well compensated by a game breaking records probably care their random grass snake was ripped off by a sub 30 people indie studio

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
Regarding the models, it is my current understanding that they're not asset-ripped from Pokemon, but legally distinct designs made from the ground up

none of this is news because it's been apparent from the reveal trailer all the way back in 2021, twitter users are discovering it for the first time and seeing "legally distinct" as "full asset rips", and it wouldn't have a chance in hell releasing on XBOX and PC globally if it genuinely breached the legal limit:

Speaking of Palworld madness, full-on Advent war crimes collab later today, don't forget your ear plugs when multi-stream drifting:

Oh it's definitely skirting the line of OCDONUT STEAL But as long as they didn't literally rip the models from a pokemon game I don't think they'd get in any trouble .
Also fuck gamefreak maybe they shouldn't have turned into a shovelware company

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
But its suprising that people seem geniuenly offended
Is it really surprising, though? Pokemon's fanbase is rabid and people love getting offended.

Personally, I wish someone had done this sooner. Nintendo and GameFreak absolutely don't deserve the success they have had with the series since the 3DS days

Limkin

Pokemon designs are so bloody generic I am surprised anyone gave them trademark for this shit. Wow, a blue turtle, that grows into a bigger blue turtle, that grows into even bigger blue turtle. So much effort was put into it /s

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Ever see an artist get kidnapped by an idea? Because that's what this mashup is for Advarcher

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozu is Haloing all over the place:

EDIT: can't believe I forgot to mention this, but she hit 20k subs! :sanasmile:
1705603212784.png

Last edited:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Is it really surprising, though? Pokemon's fanbase is rabid and people love getting offended.
Yeah i didnt pay much attention to pokemans , ive only bought Heart Gold on purely nostalgic reasons, never been a fan otherwise

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Yeah i didnt pay much attention to pokemans , ive only bought Heart Gold on purely nostalgic reasons, never been a fan otherwise
How could it be nostalgic if you were never a fan? :confusedshuba:

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
How could it be nostalgic if you were never a fan? :confusedshuba:

Pokemania in the late 90s/early 2000s is a phenomenon that may never be repeated in our current lifetime, but Palworld is certainly coming close

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Negzana

Pokemon designs are so bloody generic I am surprised anyone gave them trademark for this shit. Wow, a blue turtle, that grows into a bigger blue turtle, that grows into even bigger blue turtle. So much effort was put into it /s
Many iconic designs are extremely generic but were still drawn with a style that is lively and memorable. That's why Dragon Quest's monsters are more memorable and iconic than Final Fantasy's, or why Goombas, Koopas, etc are so memorable. As much as I love the work Amano has done for Final Fantasy, not all monsters have to look like they came from baroque renaissance art.

These designs in Palworld are intended to remind people of how they feel for certain Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a certain Pokemon everyone loves (Pikachu, Gengar, Eevee, etc) and try to discern what people like about it, take that, and make a new monster with those aspects people liked.

Pokemon fans who don't want something to push GF to actually work harder are retarded and delusional. I love Pokemon but they've been shit for a decade now and we need something to kick their ass.

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I'm not in love with Hexa.
:smugsubaru:
The seething is funny, the luxor or whatever is pretty blatant but everything is do-not steel tier that will hopefully hold up in court lol

But its suprising that people seem geniuenly offended some randy indie devs are cutting some roses out of the multi billion dollar franchise's garden
Those artists who were hopefully well compensated by a game breaking records probably care their random grass snake was ripped off by a sub 30 people indie studio
Honestly, other that the wolf-deer... thing that looks disturbingly like Suicune, most of the designs I have seen are distinct enough that only perpetually offended femboys will care.

And then there's My Nigga Totorochu. That motherfucker IS getting them sued.

Personally, I wish someone had done this sooner. Nintendo and GameFreak absolutely don't deserve the success they have had with the series since the 3DS days
Like I said, only the fags are gonna make noise. And this is coming from a big fan who's last game was Black 2 and is only interested in getting Legends out of the newer games.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Yuno playing Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
after months of literally waiting and 1 cancellation last year because she got the dates wrong rin is finally playing the sequel to the critically acclaimed game about a turnip committing tax evasion in which same turnip robs a fucking bank

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I posted it because I could. I'm not @John Vtuber👁️ , I'm not in love with Hexa.
I'd bang some of the menhera outta her.
Many iconic designs are extremely generic but were still drawn with a style that is lively and memorable. That's why Dragon Quest's monsters are more memorable and iconic than Final Fantasy's, or why Goombas, Koopas, etc are so memorable. As much as I love the work Amano has done for Final Fantasy, not all monsters have to look like they came from baroque renaissance art.

These designs in Palworld are intended to remind people of how they feel for certain Pokemon. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a certain Pokemon everyone loves (Pikachu, Gengar, Eevee, etc) and try to discern what people like about it, take that, and make a new monster with those aspects people liked.

Pokemon fans who don't want something to push GF to actually work harder are retarded and delusional. I love Pokemon but they've been shit for a decade now and we need something to kick their ass.
Funny thing is though, GF is perfectly fine because being realistic there's never been a bad pokemon game unless you're willing to admit the series entirely is terrible in terms of design. The problem is they for some odd fucking reason "reset" every gen rather than build off of it. Taking other RPGs for example, DQ and FF built off each previous game in some way, where only side games experiment or try "something different", but pokemon games famously take the previous game then deletes everything about it and remake the same game with less, which isn't bad since most still are fun in their own right but completely unnecessary when they could make each gen a definitive version of the series. Sword and Shield were awesome, but the internet hated it. Scarlet and Violet got shit on due to shitty emulation pre-release playthroughs, yet it's obvious it could have been so much more, yet it wasn't a bad idea what they tried to do, which is why people wished PLA became the standard because theme aside, it was one of the better designed games.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I think it's way too early to assume that Palworld is any sort of competition to Pokémon. We've seen plenty of games come out to rival Pokémon to various degrees of personal success, but nothing coming even close to competing with Pokemon's longevity. I'd love for Palworld or something else to do so because GF has been way too comfortable putting very little effort in the series for too long, but I'm not holding my breath. As someone pointed out earlier, we need a Cities: Skylines vs SimCity type of thing to happen.

Anyway, I know this discussion should be I'm the video games thread, so to add some vtuber content to this post, have a clip I forgot to add earlier of someone confessing to becoming a cross dresser to Uruka and Erina:

I'm sure it's just someone trolling, but someone in the comments had a compelling point regarding this:
Screenshot-20240118-110927.jpg

:smugmoona:

Also, I'm getting a lot of clips from the SubaChocoLunaTan stream popping up on YT. Won't post them because I still haven't watched them, but I'm definitely planning to when I get home. I'm sure the stream was a ton of fun.

chihirogumi

Su-chan took a really cute photo with Chii-chan.

Archive

Short

God Damn the Sun
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom