"I have BPD; Beautiful Princess Disorder"Himemiya Rie

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
I’ve got a numberfag question: has Cover ever released data on actual concert attendance+streaming tickets purchased? Like maybe in those financial pdf’s or anything? Basically I want to know how many viewers there were for stuff like 4th fes and Connect the World.
they said in once of those behind the scene notes a while ago
Cant remember the number 100%, but I believe Connect the World sold in the ballpark of around 16k streaming tickets? And an additional 5-6k that were in the sold out venue.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
V-Dere doesn't feel like much of an agency at the moment and they feel more like a group of people (I could be wrong maybe they have a solid structure and timeline of plans set up behind the curtains) so I doubt it wouldn't be much of a problem to accept someone into their ranks that has a long and well proven track record of content creation.
I think a lot of what makes V-Dere unique is the circumstances under which it formed. It's basically a unit of indies, but it's their shared past and the hardship they endured together that makes them so strong as a group. I would support them if they decided to expand V-Dere, but I also believe it would throw off their dynamic a bit and I'm not sure how that could be avoided. Menace gets along with Mozu, no doubt, but would she work with the other girls as well? They would share the "previously burned by corpo" trauma at least. Maybe they should scout Zoey, she seems to tick all the boxes :smugselen:

But speaking of V-Dere, Airi has returned from the US of A:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
As la+ said it's simply their "buy everything that moves" behavior, it's bad for the industry in general and could end killing a lot of good projects if it ends up turning into an EA style conglomerate. I know you like seeing the glass-half-full and trust everyone who isn't already proven to be an asshole so just leave the paranoid worrying to us jaded assholes.
you of all people protecting someones innocence. :deztheroom:
Hina is playing Doom Eternal tonight. Seems a bit of a jump to start there shouldn't she play Doom 1,2, (Screw Final), 64, and 2016 first?
2016 yeah but the rest play so much different so not required (recommended tho) then again eternals retarded design choices it might be better to start with it first.
She also changed her Oshi mark. I believed she was just earning extra money with custom Asmr slots, but if she is getting a model and new oshi mark, there has to be more. It feels like she's getting ready for debut, so maybe she wont renew the contract after all.

If they didnt have management issues already, i would rrat about her joining V-Dere because of Mozu, but don't think they can handle an addition at this point. Maybe that will change by the time her contract ends
if menace jumps ship i think it's safe to say it reflects terribly on her and from a bussiness standpoint is very retarded.

so either she actually hates being coni (for whatever reason) or lumi was legit queen tard wrangler if this is how fast she wants to jump ship.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hina is playing Doom Eternal tonight. Seems a bit of a jump to start there shouldn't she play Doom 1,2, (Screw Final), 64, and 2016 first?
For some reason Eternal has a rabid fan base that spams people to play it and then they backseat the game. Doom 2016 would work but it irks me that most don't start with the original since all three (again like you not counting Final Doom) hold up.

Honestly the Doom fan base is made up of loud sweaty retards, they want people to only play the Plutonia Experiment and Eternal and those games are not fun.

Negzana

For some reason Eternal has a rabid fan base that spams people to play it and then they backseat the game. Doom 2016 would work but it irks me that most don't start with the original since all three (again like you not counting Final Doom) hold up.

Honestly the Doom fan base is made up of loud sweaty retards, they want people to only play the Plutonia Experiment and Eternal and those games are not fun.
I actually really liked Eternal (Second favorite to 64, ignoring the ass plot), but it's not a game you start with even if you like fast paced gameplay. The game would be absolutely incomprehensible without at least starting with 2016.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah it's a general "rocking of the boat" so to speak, whenever anyone is going at it this aggressively it generally leads to widespread bad decisions among the competition, other agencies in their weight class might feel threatened and proceed to debut MORE talent to not get outdone and therefore end up only saturating their market further. And yeah if it crashes and burns then that's a lot of people who are going to go down with the ship.

We have certainly entered an era of instability, with Niji loosing steam and vshojo eating the scraps, with phase and idol battling for the 3rd spot in EN, with Brave throwing money around and amassing properties like crazy and with so many smaller projects constantly appearing, growing and then imploding, I literally have no idea who's gonna be left when it calms down again.
It's not like 2021-2022 where Holo and Niji traded Ls and Ws while smaller groups grew organically from the afterglow of the boom, now the boom is over and it's a free-for-all in the EN side of things.
Well 2022 was a good year for smaller corps because the competition was lighter. HoloEN was at their weakest after the Sana graduation and the later half of the year had numerous "dead weeks" as the girls were overseas, giving other vtubers a chance to stand out during primetime hours. Meanwhile NijiEN looked to be seeing diminishing returns with their newer gens starting to fly under the radar even quicker and quicker.

Then out of nowhere, HoloEN had their first EN concert and debuted the long-awaited EN3, which seems to have shored up a lot of their fans that drifted away. Vshojo shed a lot of their whores and reinvented itself as a legitimate org that WILL poach your talents and give them what they want, as NijiEN has started to find out as they hemorrhage talents. Looking outside of the top league, this whole year has seen Phase establish themselves as the "big small corp" (or medium corp) that has proven to be stable with no signs of instability despite being labeled "the chaos corp". How quickly they were able to move on after the Yuri termination has shown how stable Phase is. Seeing HoloEN and Vshojo (and to a lesser extent Phase) all entrench themselves in the EN market and stabilize is actually VERY terrifying to everyone else trying to tap into the EN market.

Corps like Idol and Brave have tried to force their way into relevance in the market with deep pockets, which isn't too surprising as Sakana has even mentioned how Phase was in the red for a while. The problem is that their stability hasn't been established yet and even if their pockets appear to be endless, the patience of their investors is not.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
the patch store that sells designs with either the horse or cinnamon brown woman. And Sleepy is having a sale if anyone is up for some mildy degenerate niche vtuber merch

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Negzana

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Shiina's finally back from the art dungeon

Lantern Flare

Shiina's finally back from the art dungeon

I haven't watched her in a while, is she doing a voice or something? I don't remember her sounding like that.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Shiina....

I vote for this to be added to the quote list.

Happy to see her back.

Ember recently started on 2016, and I'm sure will move onto Eternal afterward. Don't remember if she mentioned going back to the earlier ones, but I hope she does.

yeah you only need to play them if you want to play a non-shit game
And yet Ember's chat kept telling her Eternal was better than 2016.
:annoyedpippa:

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
I’ve got a numberfag question: has Cover ever released data on actual concert attendance+streaming tickets purchased? Like maybe in those financial pdf’s or anything? Basically I want to know how many viewers there were for stuff like 4th fes and Connect the World.

The first full-scale live event for “hololive English” was held at theYouTube Theater (Los Angeles, USA) on Sunday, July 2, 2023local time. In addition to a full-house capacity of 5,000 people, theevent attracted approximately 25,000 people online.

Connect the World concert: (25k online ticket + 5k venue tickets) x 6500 yen x 1USD / 140 yen = 1.4M USD. That's roughly 1/3rd the size of 4th Fes: Our Bright Parade + Holo*27, which had 15k concert venue attendees + 84k online viewers (not including broke gang?). On the other hand, 4thFes was technically three separate concerts, so I think that actually means in terms of attendance they were on par? I wonder what the online viewer demographics for both were like.

4thFes/Expo = (1.8B JPY revenue - 1.3B cost) x 1 USD / 140 yen ~= 3.6M USD gross profit. Expensive event though, 1.3B JPY ~= 9.4M USD, whew!

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
I haven't watched her in a while, is she doing a voice or something? I don't remember her sounding like that.
I mean, technically she's always doing a voice on stream, but I'm not sure. I think she's just more enthusiastic then usual.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

who the fuck is advocating for plutonia? even civvy one of the more "known" doom guys hates it.

I don't like Eternal either but at least i can see why people could enjoy it also a combination of it being the newest and THOSE retards who think the sequel is always better.

hell the soundtrack alone was a downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom