"WHY DID THEY CALL IT CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST WHEN ITS NOT A HOLOCAUST MOVIE!?"Dizzy Dokuro

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

soap suds

I really wanna beleb but its weird that nobody else said something about it because she had two collabs
Why would her collab partners be the ones to break the news that she’s in the hospital? Not saying that this couldn’t be a cover up, but also she genuinely could’ve been admitted because of stress. Selen lives with parents that are willing to fly to Japan just because she talked about twisting her ankle on a dryer cord, they definitely could’ve noticed how much stress this whole situation was causing and admitted her. Niji has done their fair bit of silent suspensions, but making up a story of going to the hospital when they could’ve made up other reasons, seems a little too cruel.
I'm unfortunately having to agree with you here chihirogumi.

1) This 100% sounds like a corporate polite way to say that Selen might have attempted suicide and is under 24/7 watch.
2) The phrasing/word order in this tweet is clumsy and my gut instinct is that someone who is ESL wrote this, i.e. written by a manager and not Selen.

Nijibros, am I misremembering things, or hasn't Selen in the past talked about bouts with depression plaguing her?
Selen is ESL, but yeah she’s talked about the pressure of not living up to her parents’ expectations and having depression for a bit. She said she’s been better for a while though, and has never said anything about it leading to self harm, so I don’t think it’s a relapse or anything, maybe she was just spiraling.

LurkerD

The lurker formally known as Drax
Who the hell did she piss off to be cursed like this?

Archive

Totally unsubstantiated and baseless :cursedbae:time:

After being bent over by Niji management, Selen went out for a drink. This turned into a couple dozen drinks and eventually ended up with her punching out another bar patron (who bore a striking resemblance to Riku Tazumi) and lighting their car on fire. Selen spent several days in lock up, missed her collabs, and has only now made bail and is trying to get a handle on the situation.

I'm trying to lighten the mood here.

Last edited:

Elite Miko

Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Why would her collab partners be the ones to break the news that she’s in the hospital? Not saying that this couldn’t be a cover up, but also she genuinely could’ve been admitted because of stress. Selen lives with parents that are willing to fly to Japan just because she talked about twisting her ankle on a dryer cord, they definitely could’ve noticed how much stress this whole situation was causing and admitted her. Niji has done their fair bit of silent suspensions, but making up a story of going to the hospital when they could’ve made up other reasons, seems a little too cruel.

Selen is ESL, but yeah she’s talked about the pressure of not living up to her parents’ expectations and having depression for a bit. She said she’s been better for a while though, and has never said anything about it leading to self harm, so I don’t think it’s a relapse or anything, maybe she was just spiraling.
I dont know whats worse:
-This being a cover up lie
Or
-This situation made her attempt suicide

Bug Eater

I really wanna beleb but its weird that nobody else said something about it because she had two collabs
If it's true I'm not surprised that people either didn't know or didn't want to say, but given Niji's track history I couldn't blame anyone for doubting it.
Also: how long has the #ReasonsILoveSelen hashtag been a thing?
It was started last year (not in relation to any drama I think) but recently got picked up again for obvious reasons.
Pretty sure this was the first tweet

2) The phrasing/word order in this tweet is clumsy and my gut instinct is that someone who is ESL wrote this, i.e. written by a manager and not Selen.

Nijibros, am I misremembering things, or hasn't Selen in the past talked about bouts with depression plaguing her?
Like @soap suds said she is basically ESL (spent her childhood/teenage years split between HK and Canada, if you watch her streams regularly you'll notice that she fucks up in English pretty often). She did an IB for high school rather than whatever the Canadian equivalent is. She has talked about depression in the past but nothing that indicated she would an hero herself - but she also hates these kinds of high pressure drama situations so who knows.
I think someone even said she was the one who organized it too?
Pretty sure Zen organized it, Selen doesn't even follow Rissa on Twitter.
Where did you hear that from? They’re not close sure, but they were friendly with each other during the Japan trip and they even sang a verse together during Rosemi’s Christmas cover. None of that really indicates that they are friends, but they definitely don’t despise each other.
Selen featured her in her cover song video so it's definitely not anything like that, I'm pretty sure they just don't have a lot of common interests (and maybe felt that the forced dragon sister thing was a bit cringe).

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I hope I'm wrong, but reading between the lines, I think she may have tried to an hero. "accident", "supervision", "access to phone" right after being told 15 grand and all her hard work was lit on fire.
I didn't want my mind to go to that, but it was one of the possibilities I immediately thought. The wording is concerning.

I really hope this isn't the case...

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Jerry is playing Bloons and Solitaire at the same time.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Yeah sorry i am just too used to other HoloX members talking for Lap or when the official account of HoloJP tweeted the mental break for Lapu
My bad for applying the same logic for two different situations

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Have a comfy sleepy plush in this trying time

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter
If it's true I'm not surprised that people either didn't know or didn't want to say, but given Niji's track history I couldn't blame anyone for doubting it.

It was started last year (not in relation to any drama I think) but recently got picked up again for obvious reasons.
Pretty sure this was the first tweet

I hope everything turns out okay for her. It would be rather depressing if the very inspiration for our own 'Haha' reaction ended up going through an unfunny personal episode.

MythicalSloth

Well-adjusted Individual
Well here's hoping Selen slipped on a patch of ice or something and didn't try or was thinking of doing an early exit. Would be one hell of a black mark against Niji.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
"Seren... you betlayed company for rast time... your disciprined... WITH INVORUNTARY SEPUKKU!"
EVIL RIKU.jpg
Let this be resson to all rivers... company honor will NOT be charrenged...

bothyourhouses

Niji has done their fair bit of silent suspensions, but making up a story of going to the hospital when they could’ve made up other reasons, seems a little too cruel.
Counterpoint: it's Nijisanji.

USS IOWA

Archive

The under supervision is what gets me. I don't wanna speculate, and I just hope that she gets a speedy recovery.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Archive

I hope I'm wrong, but reading between the lines, I think she may have tried to an hero. "accident", "supervision", "access to phone" right after being told 15 grand and all her hard work was lit on fire.
Yeah NGL that wording sounds a ton like "I tried to end it and failed" I really hope we are being paranoid but it does not look good

I'm reminded of Robin Williams

On possible related note is this news why Elira cancelled today? Maybe the dragon sisters are closer than we think it's possible she found out about Selen's condition and it fucked her up

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I was about to edit my post with the same thing. I realized that afterwards. This reads like it was written by someone who ISN'T Selen. Which could mean either Selen attempted something... Or that management is trying to cover it up themselves.

EDIT: Nothing about this adds up actually. The tweet says that she got her phone back yesterday. Then why did she wait a full 24+ hours to put out a tweet if she was well enough to get it back? I don't think this was written by Selen at all.
The big thing too is knowing how conscious/considerate Selen is about collabs. The fast she said NOTHING about the big inter-company Lethal Company collab on its own was pretty concerning. I think someone even said she was the one who organized it too?
I dont know whats worse:
-This being a cover up lie
Or
-This situation made her attempt suicide
The word that really tips it off to me is "Supervision". I'm sure the intended meaning is that Selen is being supervised by medical professionals and will be taken care of. But anyone from the U.S. and Canada will see "in hospital under supervision" will see this as a euphemism for major mental health incident.

It doesn't indicate if it's a cover or a real explanation, but either way I'm fairly confident the tweet was not made by Selen herself - whether it's Niji management or her family taking her phone, I don't know.
On possible related note is this news why Elira cancelled today? Maybe the dragon sisters are closer than we think it's possible she found out about Selen's condition and it fucked her up
Ah fuck, I saw that and forgot about it. I'm 95% putting my money on Selen did something really foolish in a moment of weakness. Goddammit.:ameraintear:

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Punished Lurker

I don't think this is related, Elira has been talking about a sick family member for some days, I think this is just a horrible coincidence. If you guys want proof I'm sure she also mentioned this in tweets the previous days
It doesn't indicate if it's a cover or a real explanation, but either way I'm fairly confident the tweet was not made by Selen herself - whether it's Niji management or her family taking her phone, I don't know.
Good catch with the ESL, I didn't catch onto it. Whatever is happening with Selen right now the only thing that I care about is that she's ok, please let it just be a dumb accident and not the worst option

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The way this escalated from "I hope Selen leaves Nijisanji" to "I hope Selen didn't try to kill herself" is just depressing.

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
Yeah NGL that wording sounds a ton like "I tried to end it and failed" I really hope we are being paranoid but it does not look good

I'm reminded of Robin Williams

Jesus christ im not convinced she tried to off herself what the fuck did they say to her man ???

Top Bottom