"Bro... Iono got her 3D debut before I did..."Hakos Baelz

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Stunned But Dumb

Menace follows her too so I imagine something's going on behind the scenes
It's not that weird or rare for PLs to follow each other, so I wouldn't think too much of that just yet

It might be a little too late for that. She's already confirmed it's her multiple times.
But I like kayfabe!!

CountStagula

Sometimes celebrities want to blend as much as possible with the crowd of normies. They want to be retarded and say their gamer words and be toxic and not get a ton of shit for it. Being always on the spotlight can be tiring.
Exactly this. Sometimes an alt is just an alt

Bronze

2nd day is a wallpaper with all chibis, and indiviual chibis under it.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
It's not that weird or rare for PLs to follow each other, so I wouldn't think too much of that just yet

But I like kayfabe!!

I like that we have some chuubas who are openly /here/. I just hope they are ready for the massive amount of shit they will get if anyone finds out.

Tubedude

I appreciate all the advice!! Brainworms have been bonked.

I'm pretty bad at editing, but I think since I woke up early today I'm gonna AFK pet train on Wizard101 and work on editing down some of the VODs I have up on Youtube. :nenedance:

Youtube has always felt super intimidating to me, since I don't really understand the algorithm like I do for Twitch and Twitter, but I'll work hard!

Is it okay if I post the shorter versions here for feedback once they're uploaded?
I have some advice stuff to add.

I've been a long time twitch editor (the position you can give someone on your Twitch channel, not a proper video editor) for a streamer duo that have hovered around your CCV for years, so I can give some advice on what I've seen not work/cause stagnation, and possible ideas of what would go a bit better.

Spoilering the specific advice sections to not eat too much space for people who don't care about this stuff.

They used to do some Youtube stuff, but quickly gave up on it.

They uploaded both old full vods and 10-15 monthly highlight reels of the best moments, etc.

I've heard that mixing video types can kill yourself in the algo, so if you want to upload vods and highlight reels/etc, you may want separate channels for each type of video.

If they had stuck with doing highlight reels on Youtube, I feel it could have gone well, since I know some people in their community that were brought in from those videos, but they dropped the ball there.

For general community advice, try to make your general community culture be the same in stream and in whatever community space you have (ex: discord server). Having a clashing community vibe can scare away new members who liked the vibes in stream/chat, but get pushed away by a different culture on the community discord.

The streamers I've been with have a comfy variety stream vibe in stream/chat, but in the community discord, a few years ago, they removed the "no politics" rule it used to have, and over time the discord devolved into a rabid political echo chamber for a specific side (one that would shun me if they knew I posted here at all). This led to a number of regulars dropping them over time, and their CCV has been on a slow downtrend ever since.

I feel the issue is that there is a massive clash between their dedicated discord community culture, and the culture that is there on stream. Try to have the culture match, or else the clash can cause potential members to fuck off.

For Twitch, try highlighting stuff from streams. A LOT of streamers completely neglect/ignore highlights, and only depend on user-made clips. A few good highlights can go a long way as a good intro to someone new who may have been linked by a friend, or followed from Youtube. Furthermore, the highlights can be downloaded later on to be put together in a highlight reel for Youtube. I can give pointers/throw together a guide on how to use the highlight interface if you would like it.

Also on highlighting, you can highlight full streams as a vod backup on Twitch. Twitch's vod playback system is ass, but it's better than losing everything to time. You can even make playlists Twitch calls "Collections" to put the vods in. The guys I'm talking about have had me highlight full vods for near 7 years now, and Twitch has taken no issue with it. (Caveat, they are EXTREMELY careful with the music they play on stream, so they haven't been hit by any copyright bullshit, if you aren't careful with stuff like that full vod highlights can be bad for you)

(I've been half-assing the highlighting volunteer job because of the whole culture change thing mentioned back in the community section; I remember seeing multiple people comment on liking how there were some good highlights readily available, but now I just do the full vods, instead of vods and funny moments)

Also for Twitch, there's a way you can shortcut quick create a clip of your own stream, and each clip leaves a timestamp in the highlight interface. Hitting the shortcut after entertaining moments/bits can help you find them after stream in the highlight interface so you aren't trying to find them by memory. Viewer-created clips show up on the highlight interface's timeline too, but you're depending on the viewers to clip things, which can be fickle. I'm not sure how they set it up to work, but I can ask and get back to you if you would like to know.

My overall takeaway, I think the duo I follow stagnated because they didn't properly manage their community and quickly gave up on youtube (they only half-assed youtube for about a year, didn't even full-ass youtube for that year)

Last edited:

Security

irc.rizon.net #TheVirtualAsylum

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
As we leave Christmas for the new year, we once again get lost in the Myst with Ami;

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
This is a good opportunity for me to ask. How are perms handled for small/mid-sized agencies like Phase Connect or Idol Corp? Do they also required written perms for every thing? Or they just rely on those "open perms" concept where they assume every western indie games are A-OK to stream?
Phase-Connect is operated in a first-world Western country where such things like "Fair Use" exist and you don't have to get permission to play games or do music because the corporate structure is slightly less retarded than the Japs. Keyword slightly. (Also yes I know that Canada barely counts as first-world.)

TL;DR they can literally do whatever they want and play whatever game they want to without any kind of written permission, because they follow the way things regularly happen in the West instead of mimicking retarded Jap bureaucracy.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
From what I have seen, many Vtubers join Vtubing to make friends but holy shit do they seem to be the worst people at actually interacting and befriending other people. Not sure if it's a zoomer issue but it feels like people have forgotten how friendships work. Just existing won't get you friends. Similar to a relationship you have to work on friendships and even if you put a ton of time and effort towards something, sometimes shit just won't happen because the other person can be busy with other stuff.
Content creation fallacy. This is fine and dandy and very possible but most people will end up inevitably viewing you as competition or how to use you. Especially vtubing where you realistically can't watch others if you don't want your content to fall behind.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Doing a discord purge before rebooting is always a great idea.

I am wondering if there's trouble afoot with Idol? We also had Menace recently looking to restart her past life activity.

View attachment 60546
Menace follows her too so I imagine something's going on behind the scenes

Well they also don't keep their talents in check when it comes to political sperging but aside from those 2 no complaints
Man, I can't even begin to wonder what's going to happen to the small corpo scene if Idol explodes too and Phase is basically the only one standing. Anyone else who exists (PRISM, Kawaii, PixelLink, etc) seems to just exist and not have any major forward momentum like Phase got in the last few years.
Exactly this. Sometimes an alt is just an alt
>Registered earlier today

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
The Virtual Asylum Thread Recap
Pages 1800-1850

Other Recap parts can be found [HERE]

Ᵽ PHC: Phase Connect
▷ HLO: Hololive
☆ HST: Holostars
◷ NIJ: Nijisanji
₪ IDL: Idol Corp
Ⓥ VSJ: VShojo
ⓘ INF: Highly informative

Self-hosting Saga starts

thread | Discussion on Community-Contributed OP Creation/Curation System Ideas

post | Jets 🔗 Vershion (@jeanfaymas) with a cool CRT set up

NijiFest continues
post | ◷ NIJ | NijiFes continues, Day 2
post | Nari 3D screenshots. Also Krisis and TTT are there too, based on their signatures and drawings
post | Krisis is off-collabing. Also, the niji app is getting an update, allowing to put accessories on models
post | Calm Lurker' review of NijiFes 2023. A lot of Niji discussion follows

post | Proctor says - Niji is in social media PR control, demanding talents to push "love my Niji family"

post | No matter what, talents work really hard, even if company losses fans' trust
post | Later - Faceless Waifu talks about local event they visited, photos, info
post | Question - Did Enna fix her internet?

post | Moriko with 24 hours Christmas stream

post | Oshi Live Christmas concert on vstream almost killed their website

post | ▷ HLO | EN Among Us collab, Kronii's POV
post | Later - Nerissa got a last year limited purchase
post | There is a way to link all your accounts in Among Us
post | Mio confirmed that the Christmas karaoke relay will happen

post | Ᵽ PHC | Request - CLip of Lumi btfoing Cooksie the clipper

post | ◷ NIJ | Selen's future collabs
post | Notes from Rosemi's Christmas cover afterparty

post | Sayu reveals that her grandmother recently passed away

post | Kaien🌊 (@KaienVT) about POC using white skin model

post | ▷ HLO | Recommendation - Hololive Archives
post | Archive - IRyS - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】 Singing some Christmas Spirit
| ☆ HST | Also Archive - Regis Altare - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】 Season's Greetings~!
Also Archive - Blaise Shinryu - 【UNARCHIVED KARAOKE】ACOUSTIC TIME

post | Indefinite hiatus - Kora Kurage is separating from RealCorp TV, goes on hiatus

post | Question - Have you wondered what would your corpo oshi be like as an indie?
post | LemonLeaf example, playing with the Pink Trombone

post | ◷ NIJ | Millie is asking period trackers amongst her members to give her an ETA on her period

post | ▷ HLO | Hololive collab with GranBlue Fantasy have brought us seething gacha players
post | Suisei with an Adobe-sponsored stream
post | About Maki Goto being a former Hello Project idol, in the context of Kiara (massive Hello Project fan) collab

post | V-Dere concert
post | Question - Did they even have any concerts besides the kickstarted one for Nene?
post | Kickstarted concert was Forever Bloom, not Nene's
post | New Kawaii trio has a concert of their own

post | A weird delivery guy tried to kiss Shylily

post | Comic Fiesta 2023 footage - Liliana Vampaia singing

post | ☆ HST | Roberu 4th Anniversary stream

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Nazuna streamed on Twitch?

post | ▷ HLO | Question - Is FuwaMoco going to do "Asamoco"?

post | 2 hours EN subtitled Raft compilation by VtuberBits

post | VIRTUAL ASYLUM ADVENT CALENDAR

post | ₪ IDL | Rin with a handcam stream, secret Santa

post | Tech - Mini PC for dual stream or to stream on the go

post | Exoe (ex EIEN's Riifu) is going to stream about what she's cooking, catching up etc.
thread | Riifu Evergreen x EIEN drama Thread, for reference
post | She's been doing a lot of collab asmrs. Partners include Eepy Wawa, minor from AkioAIR drama (she was Nophi there). Discussion follows
post | About exoe's friend Yunya who became a vtuber Sinister
post | Later - /vt/ found out

post | Ghostpolitics reacts to Vtuber History from The VTuber Awards

post | ▷ HLO | ◷ NIJ | Kiara schedule, collab with Nerissa, Pomu and Elira
post | Discussion on vsingers in

post | Ᵽ PHC | Question - How are the Phase audio dramas?
post | Holiday Lucky boxes with bonus merch
post | Umi Runa put a Holiday Lucky Box on her throne list (and got it)

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Vshojo raised over $80K for Toys 4 Tots charity, releasing free replay of their concert

post | Sena Bonbon shows bare shoulders

post | ◷ NIJ | Animate Cafe with Nijisanji collab
post | ▷ HLO | Ⓥ VSJ | Nerissa's schedule, a lot of collabs, including with Zen, Selen and Reimu
post | FuwaMoco released a VN for Christmas, CHRISTMAS EVE WITH YOU

post | Recommendation - Ririsya, singing Christmas songs

post | Recommendation - Peo, comfy streamer on YouTube

post | ⓘ INF | Lurker Throwaway's online archives are at the cap, earlier archives will be removed (stored locally, can be requested)
| ▷ HLO | Also Ame's archive on /vt/

post | Lisa Makoh community challenge, singing "Chicken Rice" and interesting results

post | Question - Has YouTube changed their recommendation algorithm?

post | ▷ HLO | Watame announces 3D Anniversary Live, will include her getting an official What an Amazing Swing 3D Costume
post | ☆ HST | Stars JP have a pre-recorded game of Werewolf with guests from every branch except Stars EN. Also a new FAKE TYPE song is out, feat DDK
post | ◷ NIJ | Fubuki & Polka are doing totsumachi with a lot of guests from other companies
post | Christmas miracle of '17

post | Ᵽ PHC | Winter Catalog - a Phase Connect fanart project by a_doogg (@a_dogart), being presented by Xynchro (@Xyznchro)
post | Nasa admits that she is not a seiso cute girl, wants to show her real self in 2024. Sakana despairs

post | Ⓥ VSJ | K9 Kuro is getting 3D debut

Selen's cover of The Last Cup of Coffee was Privated by Management
| ◷ NIJ | ▷ HLO | Ⓥ VSJ |
post | Rrat update - "Selen would graduate soon" how likely does it seem now?
post | Selen's cover premiers
post | What needed to happen for Selen and Mumei to be in the same corpo

post | Selen's tweet - "management has privated the Song"
post | Archive (gofile, Rumble) of the PV. Also screenshots of graduated talents
post | She commissioned art from a lot of different artists
post | Selen's PL Doki lost $15K, opens merch pre-orders

post | Earlier she implied she is staying till 2025, but that was before this
post | Lilypichu and the producer approved the cover
post | Archive (YouTube) of the cover, upscaled

post | Nina and Mysta appeared in other MVs, cannot be the reason for privating Selen's cover
post | Millie response, "they wont really private something special like this as long as there was OK"
post | Archive of Millie's tweet. Also Archive of Mel Nekomata's Reddit post

post | 127 (@127_sd_), one of the artists, is expressing his feelings (tweet was deleted, archive is there)
post | Dragoon with a sound advice for fans (although fans should support Selen, not Niji)
post | Koe draws parallels with Smash community and Nintendo

post | Disagree on the grounds of literal child molesters in the Smash community
post | Lilypichu was in time to watch the cover video and comment on it
post | The thread on the Niji official subreddit was deleted by mods

post | Official way of communication gives an auto response
post | Selen's cover is still up on bilibili (random channel linked)
post | Not on her official bilibili channel, there it is gone too

post | Archive (Twitter) by Scoots
post | Archive of Millie's Secret Stream, parodying /vt/
post | Nijisanji is deleting re-uploads

post | Rrat - Monetization relating to YT with everyone involved
post | About Lilypichu's stance on DMCA
post | Lilypichu's work was featured on Holostars videos before

post | Evanit0's video on the topic
post | Question - Does Niji copyright-strikes re-uploaded covers?
post | Some uploaders private it, some still have it up

post | Nerissa liked the Selen's Cover Appreciation Thread
post | Example of Hololive handling a song problems, Bae and Pekora's original
post | Short recap from Nenélove

post | ▷ HLO | Koyori announced a second 24-hour stream

Lia somehow ended up in the Emergency Room
post | Ᵽ PHC | Lia is in the ER, says she is "extremely sorry for how things turned out..."
post | Lia message in Phase Discord, still wants to stream
post | ER is one of the few places open on Christmas, doesn't have to be severe case

post | She is gushing over Grisaia waifu on Twitter
post | Lia is home

post | Ᵽ PHC | Muyu stream was interrupted by a family member, she gets emotional & teary, ends the stream
post | Stream's abrupt end was more about whoever that knocked the door

post | Christmas tree decorated with eroge by Himari/Fuyu

post | Ayanari (@Ayanarinashi) reports about regan99, who tries to hypnotise people on Discord
post | About Ayanari herself
post | Azehara about his experience with Ayanari

post | Ⓥ VSJ | Mikeneko signed with PONY CANYON

post | Ᵽ PHC | Good news from Phase Connect - new members getting monetized

post | Mel Nekomata is back at it. Reddit expose posted by one of her accounts, u/KomariMikoshiba?
post | Apparently she has a history of anti'ing herself

post | ⓘ INF | Fujinokuma, a notorious Vtuber in Taiwan, announced a Kson collab to run the Taiwan Vtuber award show, got exposed for forging documents regarding collab and trying to scam money from Taiwan Vtuber award and Taiwan Public Television Service Online

post | ▷ HLO | Archive - Ayunda Risu - 【UNARCHIVED】 KARAOKE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS _ KURI (SUMASU) TO RISU _!_!_!
Also Archive - BriAtCookiebox - christmas karaoke but i dont sing christmas songs
Also Archive - Akuma Nihmune - 【UNARCHIVED CHRISTMAS KARAOKE】back in time for the holidays uwu

post | Ᵽ PHC | Pippa with an idea - what if siblings or child-parent were vtubers of different agencies

post | Murray with "Christmas Alone... Together" stream

post | Panko Enjoyer with a Christmas present
post | ⓘ INF | Other thread - Big addition to Nolan Crush thread, a proper write up of his antics

post | V-Dere released a downloadable/browser playable Christmas Visual Novel
post | A brief review

post | ▷ HLO | Recommendation - Nerissa's Christmas karaoke with her sister Aradia

post | ◷ NIJ | Was the app update really the big thing to come from NijiFes?

post | Ᵽ PHC | BunhongTokki shows how AI app (glarity.app) generates a summary of a clip

post | ▷ HLO | Not Ina send a congratulations bouquet to Namie's first art exhibition
post | Ame, IRyS, Kronii, and Ina are planning a Lethal Company collab
post | Promise girls didn't know about Friends with U plushies
post | Fubuki's New Year kimono got an update. Also Cover's article about creating a new 3D stage for HoloJP
post | JP girls from Hoshimatic Project played a game with a punishment voice lines

post | Nano proposes a vtuber Discord server to share resources and helping each other, Tomoe is interested

post | ₪ IDL | Katta is taking another break
post | KyOresu, ex Riro Ron, re-starts activity on Twitter

post | Ᵽ PHC | Question - How perms are handled in small / mid corpos?
post | Update on Airi's black company - they swapped places and her stuff got scattered by other people
post | Tenma and Sakana discuss Phase's dental plan in the context of Tenma eating rocks

post | Hexa posting, the desire to grow
post | About length of a highlight video
post | More general advice
post | Advice was heard. Question - Is it ok to post videos here for feedback?

post | ◷ NIJ | Mika, Froot, Obkatiekat & Eviltoaster collab, Lethal Company

Casual 5 pages behind Done!

DM me about missing info, mistakes etc

EDIT: Pippa's Roblox story was not reported by an actual news outlet, it was an AI app. Thank you @braindoko !

Last edited:

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
Say what you want about VHoeShow but so far the only bad shit they have is keeping Froot around after her retarded spergouts from the Hogwarts Legacy (especially after picking up the Yellow alien/gremlin and exposing themselves to huge backlash from the community. It seems people forgot about the whole thing so in theory nothing came out of it. Even so, there haven't been any more issues on that front so technically speaking they haven't fucked up that much.

We love to shit on VHoeShow but when it comes to 2023, its all been huge W's from them.
Stop right there! :magnino:

After previous posts like this one about nijisanji, we got the big fuckup with Selen.

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
If I recall correctly, her video can still earn ad rev. If we go by her latest MV, it has 211k views atm which, according to an article I read gives $4 - $16 per 1k views, easily gets her at least $4k - $10k. If Niji gets a half of that (that's a big IF) then it easily pays her cost of making the video.
Any article claiming to have a concrete estimation of ad revenue rates is full of shit, because there are too many variables (that I've listed before) to make even an educated guess about a specific channel. Even with that in mind, the $16 per thousand views figure is an absurdly high estimate that no channel could dream of getting beyond a possible one-off spike, unless (and this is me speculating) they're part of YouTube's preferred advertisement scheme where they reserve the highest-paying ads for the most popular and brand-safe channels, which a streamer with less than a million subs is definitely not going to be part of.

Music videos in particular have a lot working against them since they're short-form content, meaning that, at most, there is an ad at the start and the end, compared to livestream vods or other longer videos which can run multiple midroll breaks to earn more. They fit into a business model as a lightning rod to advertise the channel itself, rather than being profitable themselves.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
They used to do some Youtube stuff, but quickly gave up on it.

They uploaded both old full vods and 10-15 monthly highlight reels of the best moments, etc.

I've heard that mixing video types can kill yourself in the algo, so if you want to upload vods and highlight reels/etc, you may want separate channels for each type of video.

If they had stuck with doing highlight reels on Youtube, I feel it could have gone well, since I know some people in their community that were brought in from those videos, but they dropped the ball there.
Just going off my own experience with YT CC over the last decade, it's not that it kills you in the algo so to speak but it's based around your viewership. If you suddenly shift towards mixing your channel it only "kills you" because your viewers didn't come there for that, but you also can have a dedicated enough base to not be bothered by it. It depends on your size. Markiplier doing his videos is why people are there, him doing a ton of livestreams won't kill him in the algo. Him suddenly having a music career or artist arc will decimate his reach because as loveable as the guy is, you're not there for that beyond the first 2 videos.
With the change to shorts being able to link to full videos, that's the best way to mix and match content currently.

Tubedude

Just going off my own experience with YT CC over the last decade, it's not that it kills you in the algo so to speak but it's based around your viewership. If you suddenly shift towards mixing your channel it only "kills you" because your viewers didn't come there for that, but you also can have a dedicated enough base to not be bothered by it. It depends on your size. Markiplier doing his videos is why people are there, him doing a ton of livestreams won't kill him in the algo. Him suddenly having a music career or artist arc will decimate his reach because as loveable as the guy is, you're not there for that beyond the first 2 videos.
With the change to shorts being able to link to full videos, that's the best way to mix and match content currently.
Youtube is where I lack the most info cause the guys I follow gave up on it so quickly, so I only have anecdotes I've heard from others. Thanks for the info from your own experience.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention shorts. I know they don't exactly translate to live viewers, but they can help the channel grow a bit, which would help to get more eyes on her videos. At her current size, I think anything would probably help.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

Bronze

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This is a good opportunity for me to ask. How are perms handled for small/mid-sized agencies like Phase Connect or Idol Corp? Do they also required written perms for every thing? Or they just rely on those "open perms" concept where they assume every western indie games are A-OK to stream?
Isn't VSPO Japanese? If so they rely on the stupid perms shit which other EN companies dont have to deal with.
Westoid corps like Phase and Idol do not bypass restrictions because "le fair use" or "nipponese autism", they do it because they aren't big enough for rightsholders to care. Newfags may not remember but Holo used to do that shit too, until they got fucked in the ass by several corpos at once and it almost got Mio deleted off of youtube for good. I hate this perception of Holo as "AH THEY'RE JUST RETARDED NIPS THAT LOVE RED TAPE" well maybe there's a reason they act like that? I won't defend Takeshi taking forever with perms though. Vesper should've killed him when he had the chance.
Generally speaking I'd agree with you, but as I stated in my response to braindoko on the previous page, making a song profits primarily YOU as a content creator. The 'problem' is that your company also profits from your success, but it's not the same as throwing money at them.
And this is what pisses me off the most about this whole Niji shenanigans situation. I honestly don't give a shit if Niji succeeds or fails, well no, I would prefer if they did well because monopolies are never good (as I have said so previously). But what really IRKS me is this newfound idea that just because one corpo is TRASH, then all other corpos must be as well. Niji is giving other Nip corpos a bad name and that pisses me off, I wish they could fix their crap or just implode instead of poisoning the PR of other companies that had a 90% clean 2023.

Top Bottom