"Please buy our coffee, I will not be paid until we sell our coffee, and I haven't been paid in six months because we haven't sold our shitty coffee"Lia Rinkou

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

bothyourhouses

Meaning she made more than enough she could waste 15k.
I understand your message but this is a project for herself and her fans. It's fucking sucks to lose that kind of money but the fact it was possible to lose that amount ontop of her spending on everything else she has (getting custom VRC worlds ain't cheap) means she's doing just fine that it's nbd.
If she's talking about opening preorders to make up for it then evidently it is a big deal (or she's deceiving her fans to get money). Maybe for her it was an investment and she was counting on revenue from releasing the video to at least partially cover what she spent on it.

Stunned But Dumb

Why would I want to watch a highly edited 10 minute video when I could have watched her stream in a non-shitty site
I'll give you credit for being able to mash two simultaneous discussions together there

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
If she's talking about opening preorders to make up for it then evidently it is a big deal (or she's deceiving her fans to get money). Maybe for her it was an investment and she was counting on revenue from releasing the video to at least partially cover what she spent on it.
It's more so not a big deal it was her personally funding vs "the company is supposed to fund all projects!", since even in her PL she was always trying to take on everything herself regardless.

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur
But, no, ya'll are right. Chuubas should all just coast along and be retard react streamers with no ambitions like all indie nobodies. Media projects are clearly worthless and they are all retarded for making them.

midori

the green thing
Huh, I wonder if Hexa streams Wizard 101. Just curious since I'm garbage at navigating twitch
I do quite often!!! Unsure if any VODs are up for it yet, but it's one of my favorite games to stream.

Atlas

So I got curious to see if Yuko was doing anything on her PL-account Aland it turns out all of rye's Channels, twitter and Discord server have been purged

I knew she locked her Discord but I wonder when she deleted it I should've saved her emotes they were nice
so update to this. rye is back. kind of

if she's doing this I wonder why she deleted her old stuff. Or hell why she's even back in the first place

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp

Atlas

For safety, plus it's better to purge while no one is paying attention and starting over.
With this coming back up I wonder if something's happening behind the scenes at idol either that or something in her contract changed
I do quite often!!! Unsure if any VODs are up for it yet, but it's one of my favorite games to stream.
hexa please I'm begging you learn what opsec is and use it having this place attached to your public image is not a good thing

there's a reason why the vtubers who use this place all do it under alts

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I can't BELIEVE I'm actually hoping for somebody to go to vHoeShow.
Say what you want about VHoeShow but so far the only bad shit they have is keeping Froot around after her retarded spergouts from the Hogwarts Legacy (especially after picking up the Yellow alien/gremlin and exposing themselves to huge backlash from the community. It seems people forgot about the whole thing so in theory nothing came out of it. Even so, there haven't been any more issues on that front so technically speaking they haven't fucked up that much.

We love to shit on VHoeShow but when it comes to 2023, its all been huge W's from them.

She would have no reason to join a small corpo. Anything else is just ridiculous coping from people that think Idol and Phase Connect are much bigger and more influential than they actually are.
I agree that there is 0 reason for Selen to join a smaller corpo unless she gets some outrageous 90-10 or 95-5 split. The company wont profit much from her but the hype will get more eyes on the company.

I would think that if she ever graduates she should probably just go indie. Keep doing her shit and joining her Apex tournaments and whatnot. There is enough good will with other indies and other pro players that they wont blacklist her from tournaments.

I like Phase, but yeah, any other company outside of Holo, Vshojo, and VSPO are just too small compared to what she gets from being in a corpo. I'm sure Idol and/or Phase would love to grab her if Selen leaves Niji, but doubt they could offer a deal they would be okay with that Selen would go for.

As much as she doesn't "fit" Vshojo, Matara/Nina and Henya also didn't "fit" but they moved over and were successful. Vshojo has shown that they will help with talent's projects and they collab with pretty much every other vtuber under the sun, so it would be a good option.

I don't know enough about VSPO other than they exist to speculate on.
Isn't VSPO Japanese? If so they rely on the stupid perms shit which other EN companies dont have to deal with.

Damn bro this nigga didnt even sleep to get his dramafag video out

"8 hours ago"

Gotta strike while the iron's hot. 50k views in a few hours. Probably the most viewed video of his in such a short time.

The Puertorrican 3rd world utilities either taking down power or taking down the internet will take care of that.

brave-ONnr-I2t-REE.png

I don't know for certain how you should go about growing, because I'm not a streamer. I can only give advice that I think might work.
Maybe try working on your youtube channel more. Stuff like shorter highlight videos and clips could possibly bring more people to your stream.
But as you are right now, you clearly have a bunch of people that love you and wont forget you.
Twitch is such a dumb platform. Not sure who mentioned this but you live and you die by the time you spend streaming. If you are offline your channel might as well be dead. Discoverability is also a stupid myth that gets exaggerated. I agree with the whole "work on your Youtube channel". People that go viral do so because clips on youtube not because of their streams on Twitch (except that one JP Vtuber that blew up thanks to Asmongold).

Push your community to clip you on Twitch and then use those same clips as time-stamps get shorts or if its a long-ish rant, full-size clips.

She's got multiple people calling her their oshi. In this space, with as many vtubers as there are, that definitely means something. If she keeps doing what she's doing, her current audience will stick with her. As far as growth, the YT idea is definitely worth a shot. I agree it would help.

Gotta' destroy those brainworms with facts and logic, girl.
:mitothink:
Asking a woman to use facts and logic is borderline impossible. Even if you don't "grow" as much if you manage to have a strong core of viewers you should be fine. Amiya usually has 150-300 CCV but 90% of the people in her chat are members. Hell, look at Pippa. Back in the day (pre-100,000k) she had 400-600 viewers but her fans would constantly donate, members, and do side shit for her. It's not about the size, it's about the loyalty. That's why you get people with over 100,000 followers/subs yet when they stream they get 100-200 viewers.

Large sub/followers may look nice in paper but you want to grow your core audience.

@midori - I can't really help with the menhera about worrying about fading out and being forgotten, but I have watched enough that I have some suggestions on how to grow more:

1) Do collaborations with other vtubers. This helps introduce you to other people's audiences, and if they enjoy the collab, they might add you to their list of talents they watch. There are plenty of two-player co-op or versus games if you want an ice-breaker, or you can come up with zatsu topics of similar interests or hobbies.
2) Learn to clip your own content, or hire a clipper to do it for you. Clips are a good gateway for people wanting to try Hexa content without dedicating hours to a livestream. Doing it yourself has the advantage of saving money, and building your skillset for a potential corpo job application. Paying someone else costs money but lets you stream more hours and get recommended more in the algorithm.
3) Work on releasing some music covers. A lot of people like covers, they're another way to showcase your skills and by all reports you're a pretty solid singer. This is also good for that corpo job application you want to make in the future, since you'll be able to show your signing after it's professionally mixed and tuned.

Any clips and covers you make are a good use of that YouTube channel I suggested making the other day.

I'm sure other people on here have other ideas on what you could do to get more viewers. Good luck, green woman.
I appreciate all the advice!! Brainworms have been bonked.

I'm pretty bad at editing, but I think since I woke up early today I'm gonna AFK pet train on Wizard101 and work on editing down some of the VODs I have up on Youtube. :nenedance:

Youtube has always felt super intimidating to me, since I don't really understand the algorithm like I do for Twitch and Twitter, but I'll work hard!

Is it okay if I post the shorter versions here for feedback once they're uploaded?
for adding tags to videos (after a while when you grow big enough tags wont mean shit)

chatgpt
For writing down video descriptions that work well with SEO and help your video show up more in the algorythm. It even gives you a title for your video.

Other than that look at popular videos and the thumbnails. Or just browse around and see what Thumbnails catch your eye. Try to copy the style or what things in it make you want to click on it (this is something I have to actually sit down and do).

Seeing a lot of reactions and not a lot of counterarguments. Remember she tweeted this
1703580278541725.png

Only it wasn't true and she held another tourney. Did anyone ask questions? Everyone just chose to believe her blindly, really gets the noggin joggin
This was back when the graduation rrats came out. With the Apex Tournament i thought this was Niji management taking a step back and listening to the fan outrage.

Though she shifted gears that actually does not seem to matter too much. Her sub growth and monthly views pretty much did not change on Youtube. https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCENwRMx5Yh42zWpzURebzTw

With her being into FPS games, her audience is just fine on Twitch. Her being the 31st most watched Japanese channel on Twitch is pretty damn good.
I wonder what her ad-revenue on Twitch is compared to her ad-revenue on Youtube.

I think you are vastly overestimating how much these people make or underestimating how much $15k is to them to say it is "nbd". $15k for an MV is A LOT. For reference, a full 3D MV seems to be about $2.5k to 3k. $15k is more than both Bae and Kiara have spent on any one project like this. Both are the least popular of their generations, but are both still more popular and make more money than Selen. $15k is a lot of money to them, even, so it is certainly a massive amount of money to Selen.
If Mysta owed the government 300k in taxes, the dude was probably making upwards of 1.5M. If Bao can drop 30k on a stupid lore video she is probably making over 300,000 a year.

if she's doing this I wonder why she deleted her old stuff. Or hell why she's even back in the first place
She had popped up before. Not sure why they do this. Maybe they just miss their PL. Ame has done it also.

Maybe they just want something thats a bit more private. Dont want 600+ people being retarded on their chat. Something more personal that they can play and fuck around with their non-corpo friends without all the weird spergs that follow her regularly on her corpo account.

Last edited:

httn

Hag enthusiast

Doing a discord purge before rebooting is always a great idea.

I am wondering if there's trouble afoot with Idol? We also had Menace recently looking to restart her past life activity.

Twitch is such a dumb platform. Not sure who mentioned this but you live and you die by the time you spend streaming. If you are offline your channel might as well be dead. Discoverability is also a stupid myth that gets exaggerated. I agree with the whole "work on your Youtube channel". People that go viral do so because clips on youtube not because of their streams on Twitch (except that one JP Vtuber that blew up thanks to Asmongold).
At this point "discoverability" is just a codeword for having a bigger streamer raid or watch you on their own streams. Twitch has never had discoverability, you are either on the first page of your category or you are sent to the 2view void.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter
At this point "discoverability" is just a codeword for having a bigger streamer raid or watch you on their own streams. Twitch has never had discoverability, you are either on the first page of your category or you are sent to the 2view void.
Now-now, let's not forget the third option for being discovered on Twitch; fucking the staff. Banned? Fuck the staff. Can't get on the front-page? Fuck the staff. Want to change the rules for "artistic nudity"? Fuck the CEO.

Last edited:

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Discoverability means diddly-squat if there's no retention of ccvs, an item which was noted by several brainlets on twitch as well as other stream platforms.
I feel that the underlying issue is how godawful and useless youtube's search has become.

Atlas

I am wondering if there's trouble afoot with Idol? We also had Menace recently looking to restart her past life activity.
1703621186907.png

Menace follows her too so I imagine something's going on behind the scenes
Say what you want about VHoeShow but so far the only bad shit they have is keeping Froot around after her retarded spergouts from the Hogwarts Legacy (especially after picking up the Yellow alien/gremlin and exposing themselves to huge backlash from the community. It seems people forgot about the whole thing so in theory nothing came out of it. Even so, there haven't been any more issues on that front so technically speaking they haven't fucked up that much.

We love to shit on VHoeShow but when it comes to 2023, its all been huge W's from them.
Well they also don't keep their talents in check when it comes to political sperging but aside from those 2 no complaints

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
There are a couple up on my channel.
With this coming back up I wonder if something's happening behind the scenes at idol either that or something in her contract changed

hexa please I'm begging you learn what opsec is and use it having this place attached to your public image is not a good thing

It might be a little too late for that. She's already confirmed it's her multiple times.

Bronze

Maybe they are concerned due to Riro ron situation, or seek a place to talk bit more freely? Other than that, nothing else looks really bad from outside, as they just did a concert. Although Katta feeling unwell and taking a break just recently may be a sign, if its not a regular thing. The manager fired was on an important position iirc so we still don't know exactly how much Idol's hurt from it, but other than that, i wouldn't consider them out yet.
E: It may be that some talents not wanting to continue in Idol, unless we get a Vreverie situation where an entire gen creates alts. But its most likely nothingburger

Last edited:

CountStagula

Idk I don't feel like something big is happening. I don't watch a ton of Yuko stuff but it feels more like she's discovered she's not a fan of corpo life as opposed to whatever the fuck is happening at VReverie

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter

Menace did tweet today something about feeling extra lonely. Not sure if this is just regular sadgirls sadposting but shit, she probably has enough online friends to just play random shit with. There will be people that know about her PL but shit, you don't even have to stream it. Talk to Mozu or some shit, play some stupid game, hang out in Voice chat or something. Reach out.

Something not related but I found somewhat recently is that she deleted a good chunk of her old content (the ones that were a bit more spicy) and Im still not sure why she did this.

From what I have seen, many Vtubers join Vtubing to make friends but holy shit do they seem to be the worst people at actually interacting and befriending other people. Not sure if it's a zoomer issue but it feels like people have forgotten how friendships work. Just existing won't get you friends. Similar to a relationship you have to work on friendships and even if you put a ton of time and effort towards something, sometimes shit just won't happen because the other person can be busy with other stuff.

Not even the 1st page. You have to be on the first 2 rows.

Idk I don't feel like something big is happening. I don't watch a ton of Yuko stuff but it feels more like she's discovered she's not a fan of corpo life as opposed to whatever the fuck is happening at VReverie
Sometimes celebrities want to blend as much as possible with the crowd of normies. They want to be retarded and say their gamer words and be toxic and not get a ton of shit for it. Being always on the spotlight can be tiring.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Well, if anyone ever wanted to unironically groom and fuck a vtuber...she's basically a guaranteed score. That woman has some serious issues.

Maybe if I also wanted someone who is probably a drug fiend and is definitely just a skeleton in a leather tarp.

Did Santa bring anyone's oshi underneath the tree? :bunnywow:

Yeah, I've got her tied up in the bathroom right now trying to figure out how the fuck I'm going to release her back into society without immediately going to jail. She doesn't want to listen to me when I say I didn't abduct her and that I have no idea how she got in my place, and that I really do not mean her any harm, I just want to get her into my car so I can bring her to the police station and let her out somewhere public and she can get help, but she just keeps fucking screaming and the other apartments are starting to catch on. It's only going to get worse if I try to sedate her but I might have to just to play it off.

Santa :pikaufuk: what have I ever done to you to deserve this? Is this about 1294? You've got to let it go man, I was hungry, and you've got Dasher now so come the fuck on.

The easiest way would be to find the craziest segment that's between 5-10 minutes, and upload the segment completely unfiltered. Unless you curse in the first few minutes or drop a slur then bleep that part. Bonus points if you can find an entertaining way to censor said profanity. @Azehara could probably give you more specific advice especially on the algorithm, but the success of your clips will largely be based on the thumbnail and title.

"This mentally ill Vtuber said WHAT!?"

Hexa model with the eyes crossed out with a black bar, red circle over a blurred word next to her, both positioned in off-kilter angles in front of an extremely out-of-focus rip of some random part of whatever stream it came from. Extra points to algorithm attention if it also includes a generic "Chat" label for a message of HUH!?!? at the bottom to represent the audiences reaction to whatever out-of-pocket shit this crazy lady said.

Actual clip is just 20 seconds, "I know this is controversial but I kind of like pineapple on pizza. I'm not taking any questions thanks for coming to my TED talk."

2.3m views in 48 hours.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

That's like trying to tell Calli to go easy on the lean.
Happy Boxing Day faggos.
:calidrinking::lean:

Top Bottom