"Teehee pero"Chisaka Airi

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirteenorphans

Merry Christmas to all inmates. May you get to spend time with your family/oshis, whichever you love more.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Looking forward to the thread on her future agency
Honestly im all for it. She's been working on this since she gtfo from EIEN and has been fairly autistic about it. She is also upfront about what is going to be offered.

2 english covers from Yuuka Bear

Always been impressed at how good she is with her deep voice.

All these constant karaoke streams are doing is reminding me how much I fucking hate Christmas music.
The problem is not the music, its how much it gets spammed in such a short time.

Pre-recorded asmr video, but yes. I think Wawa is currently 17 or 18, but still not great, obviously.
Pretty sure she was going to hit 17 near the end of the year. AkioAir mentioned that "by next year she would be the majority of age" or some shit.

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
In other words I am wondering if we are seeing more openly parasocial vtubers because people who are now becoming vtubers are already the type to be that way as opposed to viewing it strictly as a job.
We're far enough in for the shut-in nerdy outcasts who make up a big portion of vtuber talent pool to have become comfortable with and dependant on their new social circle of names on the screen who show up to talk to them every day.

It's easy to be cynical about this kind of thing and there obviously are GFE streamers who pander for views and donations, but I think a lot of parasocial dynamics are genuine, for better or worse.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
And a merry Christmas to you as well my lovable girlfailure of an oshi

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

Hff201

Early Adopter
And a merry Christmas to you as well my lovable girlfailure of an oshi

This has been sitting in her drafts since July 2021.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Watching Clio attempt to teach Kirsche Civ or EU would be a good test of her teaching prowess.
Kir actually plays Civ, she claims it's her Depression game. So a Civ collab with Clio would probably be great.
Thanks for your post frzned, I really thought I'd be getting more negative reactions so I'm happy that what I wrote managed to resonate.
Naw man, I'm glad to hear a Nijifriend type here. Most people here like the Livers, but just hate the Corpo and Riku. Sorry to hear your so down on them, but hopefully they can fix their shit soon.
View attachment 60458
Yep thats a pretty packed Schedule Holy fuck
That amount of streams is not normal for an EN
I have to imagine that (almost) never being alone for a stream, and sharing half the burden with stream planning probably makes doing these crazy schedules easier for the hellhounds over anyone else.

Are you niggas ready to gacha for a proto pippa standee, loomi's ass on a deskmat or glorious ponwolf towel boobs

Unironically bought mine already. There's enough good merch in there (especially the blankets) that I'm fine doing the gacha. I'm hoping a bunch of people here get them and we can compare. Also hoping to get the "Fishman running a Red Light" award. :ironmousekek:

In what fucking universe does Fauna have bigger tits then Kronii. Jesus christ how awful.

Edit: For anyone else (like me) who missed it, here's a re-up of Airi's karaoke today. Don't let the wolf fool you, she's easily one of the best singers in Phase.

Last edited:

masterstocking

Dogs are forever in the push-up position
Early Adopter

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Horo7618

No one in particular
but I think a lot of parasocial dynamics are genuine, for better or worse.
That's kind of an oxymoron, though.....

'Parasocial' refers to a relationship which is fundamentally one sided (i.e. someone who is obsessed with a celebrity/streamer who doesn't know they exist).

If there's a genuine back and forth going on, by definition that isn't parasocial.

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
Art

Winter to cold?
Take this

That all Folks
Merry Christmas :sanasmile:
You mad Bastards

P.S.: @electronic elephant odd time to catch up with the thread:gurasemperfi:

Hff201

Early Adopter
That's kind of an oxymoron, though.....

'Parasocial' refers to a relationship which is fundamentally one sided (i.e. someone who is obsessed with a celebrity/streamer who doesn't know they exist).

If there's a genuine back and forth going on, by definition that isn't parasocial.
You're correct going strictly by the definition and there's possibly a more fitting way of describing it, but ultimately it's an unusually balanced relationship. Both parties feel they are friends in the traditional sense of the word, but what's actually happening is the streamer is subconsciously seeing their chat as a single entity whose personality is influenced by the most vocal regulars, while the viewer does not fully process that his position as the streamer's "friend" is divided up between him and countless other people, making this relationship much more distant than he might think it is.

It's a kind of social dynamic I don't feel we as a species have fully figured out yet, since we are the first generation to experience having live back-and-forth communication with our favourite entertainers on a regular basis.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Man, I think Nerissa's Christmas karaoke was even better than IRyS's. As expected of Hololive's Grand Rizzard.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
We're far enough in for the shut-in nerdy outcasts who make up a big portion of vtuber talent pool to have become comfortable with and dependant on their new social circle of names on the screen who show up to talk to them every day.

It's easy to be cynical about this kind of thing and there obviously are GFE streamers who pander for views and donations, but I think a lot of parasocial dynamics are genuine, for better or worse.
Agreed. I'm sure there are plenty that play it up for views and money, but we've also seen plenty that are so socially awkward/anxious/depressed that I fully believe many of them are genuine and seek validation from their audience. I can't say I blame them too much. Some of them went from being shut-ins that barely interact with anyone to a person with thousands or more people who care for them and what they do, completely validating them. Basically, in the real world, they're just another person. In the vtuber world, they're an idol/star/etc.

A good example is Rie. We know she suffers from depression, among other things. A year or so, she would play up the role of princess addressing her "people". Over time, she's become heavily clingy and lovey-dovey with her audience. Some may disagree, but I'm sure she genuinely feels validated and fulfilled with her audience in a way that she wouldn't otherwise get.

richdwarf

The Rratarded Alt

Ame is actually gonna stream a game tomorrow, too. Christmas miracle.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
It's a kind of social dynamic I don't feel we as a species have fully figured out yet, since we are the first generation to experience having live back-and-forth communication with our favourite entertainers on a regular basis.
I do agree on not figuring it all out yet, but I do not think we were the first to experience this. Celebrities always had the option of letters which they either read out on air or answer to in private. Now that isnt exactly live and on air, but radio got close with talk shows and callins with either djs or guest celebrities, same but a bit less with tv talk shows.

The Rratarded Alt

If anyone is sick of karaoke by now, Ame simp, Peo, is making a gingerbread house with a handcam.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Jump in nerds, we are watching Empire of Dust

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom