"If you don't like chocolate you're not human"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
DINOvember 2024: Week 1

I’m doing things a little bit differently this year. I’ve been watching a little bit from each of these talents on and off since May, so I have a much better picture of their content and how they are as entertainers. This way I actually know whether or not I enjoy the steamers that I am recommending and can say a bit more than “this is a streamer that uses a dinosaur themed avatar”. However, because I am more focused this year, I will be showcasing less dinotubers than last year. This is why I started a bit later in the month. At the end of the month, I’ll do a “where are they now” segment for some of the dinotubers from last year. Now on with the entries:

Trexie Saurus
View attachment 55739

Trexie Saurus is a Triceratops/Stegosaurus hybrid girl from inside the Hollow Earth. Why is she a Triceratops/Stegosaurus when she has T. rex in her name and her favorite dinosaur is Parasaurolophus? I don’t know, ask her parents. I’ve already touched on this, but she has a great model, definitely the best design I’ve seen among small indies. Of course, I say this acknowledging my own biases as horns, messy hair, spikes, and a tail are probably the quickest way to my heart (along with the big titty goth gf aesthetic, hair over one eye…). She designed her character herself, though she commissioned others to create the official model and do the rigging. I also really like the stream intro that plays right after loading screen. She is a Don Bluth fan girl and an animation major herself, so it’s little wonder where the idea of being a dinosaur girl came from. Actually, despite the fact that she doesn’t do too many dinosaur focused streams, I would say that she fits the dinotuber role well in another way. She is kind of a nostalgia streamer playing old, usually comedic, videogames like Conker’s Bad Fur Day, Grim Fandango, and Leisure Suit Larry. This is far from the only focus of her channel but retrogaming combined with her love of old animation (and a few tech issues here and there) fit well into a more metaphorical meaning of a “dinosaur” on the internet. She just needs to make some boomer rock covers, use original hardware, and do some old tech streams and the image would be complete (but then her name Amiya Aranha)(sidenote: as I was writing this I saw that Ami is doing her own DINOvember, confirming that we are on the same wavelength and that she would make an excellent dinotuber). Aside from retrogames, her chat is currently getting her into Warhammer 40k and she recently had a stream looking at both fan and official animations for the universe, which as an animation student she especially appreciated. She likes the Sisters of Battle, Orks, and I think the Tyrannids the best. Her sister, Mecha Saurus, recently became a vtuber as well and they are discussing a possible figure painting collab in the future, with Mecha painting either Necrons or Adeptus Mechanicus, as one might guess from her name. Interestingly, Trexie often says that her sister is more Triceratops than her and that they aren’t close with the Stegosaurus (paternal) side of their family but are apparently still close to their father. I don’t know if this implies that they are half-sisters, the children of divorced parents, mixed race, or if this is simply character lore. Trexie speaks French as her first language but her accent doesn’t sound especially French, more generically European. She also lives somewhere with Walmarts, so I’m not sure where she is from, maybe French Canadian or Cajun. When I first discovered her earlier this year she had around 90 subscribers and averaged 3-4 ccv, now she is a solid 2view with 2k subs. Next week she is doing a monetization celebration and the week after that her 1k celebration. I’m really glad that she is growing and doing well for herself. She may not be the loudest personality out there, but she is very good at keeping the conversation going and playing off her little chat without a moment of dead air. I’m excited to see where she goes in the future and will keep you guys posted on her celebration streams throughout the month. Please give her a watch if you’re into old quirky games, chat banter, and cute dinosaur girls with European accents.

Rimuurin
View attachment 55740

Rimuurin is an incredibly talented Argentinian artist and the art mama of many vtubers including Haruka Karibu, Chisae Valentina, and the chibi model of V-Dere’s Elia Stellaria. As you would expect based on this, and the fact that this is a pattern among dinosaur loving vtubers, she created her own model and did her own rigging. Rimuu may not be a dinosaur girl herself, but she takes a page out of Mizuno Kanbase’s design book and is instead a girl with dinosaur themes incorporated into her design. I like the model, the colors work well together, the eyes on all her models are always bright and expressive, and her mascot, Chonk the Psittacosaurus, is an adorable ball of ceratopsian fluff. My only complaint is that based on her voice and no nonsense attitude (especially regarding money as she had to use her artistic talents to crawl her way out of her native country) she is pretty clearly a hag, while her design suggests a younger woman (as I kind of hinted in the last entry, a dinosaur themed hag who looks the part would be absolutely amazing and it is a crime that this niche does not seem to have been filled) and I kind of expected her to be Chinese or at least from a neighboring country based on her choice in clothing and dinosaurs. Speaking of Chonk, she also knows her dinosaurs very well and often draws herself with a variety of prehistoric creatures.
View attachment 55735View attachment 55736View attachment 55737
Most of her content is drawing streams, I think the only exception to this is the one time she played Paleo Pines, the new dino game that every dinotuber is trying out now. Her main appeal is her artwork which I feel is among the best out there both of and by vtubers. However, unless you just need some white noise or are really interested in her art, her streams may leave a bit to be desired. This is fine for me as I often listen to streams while I’m doing other things but might not be for everyone. I feel bad that I don’t have more to say about her but there isn’t much variety to her content and she streams very infrequently and exclusively on Twitch so there isn’t much of a backlog to draw on for reference. Definitely check her out if you appreciate talented artists and want to see more of their process or if you are just into dinosaurs as she occasionally shares some of her dino knowledge.

Dinos Tirano
View attachment 55741

Dinos Tirano is a Japanese T. rex girl. Her design is a bit overbaked but I kind of like it, or at least I like the ideas that went into it. Her hair being a dinosaur head could have been executed better (the ahoge with the leaf on it throughs off the whole design) and may have been more suited for a cartoonish style. The colors are pretty good, there may be too many of them, but I like the idea of prehistoric tribal dress with macaw like feathers. Almost all of her content is karaoke streams, so despite the fact that she doesn’t speak English anyone who is into the typical music that vtubers sing should be able to appreciate her. Unfortunately, I can’t find much more information on her as it is all written in a language that I cannot read. A while back she participated in a karaoke relay with a bunch of other small Japanese vtubers but I think they were all indies and not actually affiliated with each other. The most I can tell you is that she confirmed that she is indeed a vtuber by covering King.

Other than that, she’s pretty cute, check her out if you’re into karaoke and need some white noise.

If the second girl is argentinian then it would've been cool for her to pick an argentinian dino, specially a species titanosaur (which argentina is famous for) or maybe carnotaurus, but I guess a ceratopsid is fineeee.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
>Fauna plays randy auto battler
>she makes wierd mistakes
>idol kirin makes her luck out and not only does she only die once, she also achieves a fairly difficult combo on her first game

GAMING
KIRIN

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
Why is she like this...
1701569188640.png
(Context is some article how birdo is sex god????)
1701569370608.png
And now recounting how her PE teacher was fired for telling a girl to take her hoodie off after they told them she was naked underneath :pekomusliml:

Panko Enjoyer

I still don't even know what the fuck it is. All I know is that there's sibling incest in some optional ending or something, and that's enough for me to stay away from it. That and hearing certain vtubers (Rie, Lia, etc) constantly talking about wanting a brother to fuck, which usually has me leaving or avoiding the stream and hoping this trend ends soon.
:annoyedpippa:
You will be forced to watch Lumi get converted to brother fucker game

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
You will be forced to watch Lumi get converted to brother fucker game
And you'll be forced to watch Panko get converted to the brother fucker game

Negzana

Panko Enjoyer

And you'll be forced to watch Panko get converted to the brother fucker game
Panko would be too dumb to get to the brother fucker ending. Checkmate.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
You will listen to the cute Chinchilla Screamo and you will like it!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Tightpinch

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
Crazy VA lady reading more Junji Ito

The other crazy VA lady is zatsuing talking shit about voice acting

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Kalion

:)
He did it again the fucking madman

View attachment 55743

Vinny invited Meat, "the first vtuber" to his stream
And he's playing the vtuber game, Suika Game except it's a custom trash version
View attachment 55744

edit: the claim to "first vtuber" is highly disputed but this video shows him piloting the worm with face capture from more than 5 years ago, the actual stream moment even before that.

The other Meat also showed up, probably wondering why she was getting a hundred mentions a second.
1699845314337.png

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
1699845180509.png

Dont take Ina or Shiori from me Pink woman, you already devoured the Maglord and Grampire this year, what more do you want from me :yagoocry:

Edit: i will check later but apparently the meme became real because when i opened the stream calli was talking about the curse

Last edited:

RiverBear

DanishCookies

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

I had this on in the background, is this referring to something after the hot mic or is it something else?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
She bought what

She bought a dead hamster in an orb (she will tell us about it later).

This looks like a vtuber, right ?

Boring 0view boomer who basically gave up on Twitch/game streaming after he got a few views doing dramafriend streams on YouTube. Not worth your time.

Congrats to Murray for appearing on Rev says desu.

Had to find the video you were talking about. I guess it was this one.

He's got some critical info wrong. The Oshi app is not going to clone vtubers to create AI versions of them. That's something that CEO Leni Andronicos has hypothesized about in her AI speech but it's not what Oshi would be doing. We have no indication Logcast is working on that sort of tech at all.

As for my tweet, I interpreted (possibly incorrectly) the previous tweet from them as saying that they had addressed striking Kuri's video in a Twitter space that they had done, but it wasn't mentioned at all in the Space replay recording (what is the audio equivalent of a VOD? An AOD?) I definitely intend on bringing up the video strikes in my interview on Thursday if Kirsche doesn't beat me to it on Tuesday. My interview at this point is going to have to be somewhat in reaction to hers so I expect to be rewriting a lot of the questions I've been prepping in the days in between.

As for appearing on drama channels. I've had tweets appear on Kuri's videos before and his stream about Akio was basically reading the OP I wrote for our thread.

EDIT: Rie even had a hot mic and was saying some Chinese shit, its the Universe in action

Is that why the stream was taken down?

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Clip form of a quote I posted earlier. It starts with Mumei's boobies, which was before it got to the part I quoted with Biboo's tits.

Anime Fan

Airi posted her schedule for the week, looks like she's got a couple of big group collabs this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom