"This is even worse than anime because she's actually real and will never be yours"/vt/ Anon

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
I think there can be a constructive conversation around stagnation or saturation, just wouldn't want Polygon at that table lol. Ideally you'd want to have that conversation headed by people actually in the business. Like Cover/Niji's COO, hiring manager, or growth strategist.

Saturation is definitely a demonstrable metric. Gen after Gen you can watch and measure in real time slower growth curves, an exception here or there sure, but yeah. Recently on JPTwitter, maybe a week or two ago, there was a busy topic about there now being more Vtubers in Japan then there are animators. Something like 25k Vtubers, just in Japan alone.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
There’s going to be someone out there that makes this vtuber their oshi after finding out about her via a Polygon article of all things. May God have mercy on their soul.
There are people here who declared vtubers their oshi after watching them drink piss, a polygon article doesnt seem that embarassing

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp

Interesting article

Allegedly, it cites a "source at Nijisanji" which seems to be a talent, nothing behind the scenes

View attachment 51425
I somehow doubt this, not because I'm a fan but because stuff like this is easily traceable and will end up being stated publicly who it was once they're fired anyway lol. The fact the url has hololive, gura separate and nijisanji in it smells like someone just wanting to stir the pot by not knowing wtf anything is.
There’s going to be someone out there that makes this vtuber their oshi after finding out about her via a Polygon article of all things. May God have mercy on their soul.
The groomers are already on their way.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
3 of the 4 new V4Mirai talents tweeted out their silhouettes.

Someone at V4Mirai really likes this riddle shit.

In: Ashley Chisaka, pon golden retriever

We can go even whiter. Ashley Chelsea. Ashleigh Chelsea.

Now I am not saying it's going to go horribly wrong, but we have 3 for 3 bad events during new auditions for a small company already so at this point might as well keep an eye on them

A literal camwhore site for vtubers. Sure, why not.

They missed out on naming it the funniest thing ever.

View attachment 51399

Oh God, I got the reference. Probably from a Let's Play thread on SA or something because I swear I haven't played that myself.

And maybe I'm reading it wrong, but does this article say anything of substance? It's basically like "Corpos can restrict their talents and make the scene stagnate so maybe switch it up." Also it's hilarious that they mentioned Idol and not Vshojo, the face of Talent Freedom.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I guess it might be of mild interest for people who are unfamiliar with the scene but it's got nothing for us and the title is just complete clickbait either way.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Don't be a pussy, slide into Proctor's DM and get yourself a real account, big tittied coward

@Dizzy please don't kill me.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I somehow doubt this, not because I'm a fan but because stuff like this is easily traceable and will end up being stated publicly who it was once they're fired anyway lol. The fact the url has hololive, gura separate and nijisanji in it smells like someone just wanting to stir the pot by not knowing wtf anything is.
Im not saying they would be above lying about having unverifiable sekrit insider info for an easy scoop but i think i can also see one of NijiEN or even ID's 30+ livers spilling the beans for whatever reason imo, lots of shit can slip through the cracks

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Recently on JPTwitter, maybe a week or two ago, there was a busy topic about there now being more Vtubers in Japan then there are animators. Something like 25k Vtubers, just in Japan alone.
That seems like an extremely bizarre comparison to make. The barrier for entry as a VTuber is massively lower than being an animator.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
That seems like an extremely bizarre comparison to make. The barrier for entry as a VTuber is massively lower than being an animator.
I think it's more so because in Japan, despite being basically the birthplace of "mainstream" vtubing it was still fairly niche, similar to how there's enough artists (more than enough) but not enough riggers.
Im not saying they would be above lying about having unverifiable sekrit insider info for an easy scoop but i think i can also see one of NijiEN or even ID's 30+ livers spilling the beans for whatever reason imo, lots of shit can slip through the cracks
Definitely, a lot of it just comes off as stuff known in general in the industry but them specifically citing a 'niji insider' especially when a few Livers have said management does have access to their DMs and the like is a bit "huh..."

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
Spiderhag playing more point and click cthulhu adventures today.

Unrelated, but is there a playlist of all the Watchalongs Amiya has done? Figure you're the best person to ask.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
I think it's more so because in Japan, despite being basically the birthplace of "mainstream" vtubing it was still fairly niche, similar to how there's enough artists (more than enough) but not enough riggers.

Definitely, a lot of it just comes off as stuff known in general in the industry but them specifically citing a 'niji insider' especially when a few Livers have said management does have access to their DMs and the like is a bit "huh..."
I mean, we had a Niji insider on /vt/, too. Seems hardly improbable there'd be one talking to random internet tabloids.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
3 of the 4 new V4Mirai talents tweeted out their silhouettes.

Coming back to this because I had a realization what it meant, and I don't know if anyone else sussed it out so clock me if so, but the one in the middle is a number replacement cipher as I pointed out, the other two are co-ordinates. Combined they point to the Las Vegas convention center west hall.

Kind of out-of-nowhere realization here and no real context on why it matters, I just had these weird numbers rattling around in my head and it just clicked for me.

I can't believe these vtubers are going to plant a bomb in a las vegas cosplay convention, someone should stop these cartoon menaces!

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter

Here's a brief article that talks about what kicked it off anyway. (JP only source tho, seeing how this was a JPTwitter event.)

Comment section has some interesting reads as well.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I've given up keeping up with forum threads and discord channels.
@ or DM me as needed.
Then why did you recently follow me on here?
@Dizzy please don't kill me.
Dizzy please keep in mind, he called your boobjob botched in the past
I can't believe these vtubers are going to plant a bomb in a las vegas cosplay convention, someone should stop these cartoon menaces!
They're just really excited about CS2.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Interesting article

Allegedly, it cites a "source at Nijisanji" which seems to be a talent, nothing behind the scenes

View attachment 51425
"Twitch has always allowed for various forms of expression, so it was no surprise when VTubing found a home on the platform, quickly gaining popularity among English-speaking audiences in 2019."
Well if you wanted your westoid bias then there it is, article about chuubas and the first word is fucking twitch, nice one. And no, vtubing didn't "gain popularity with EOPs in 2019", everybody knows english vtubing began in 2020 or very late 2019 if you want to be pedantic, but it definitely didn't begin on twitch and this article literally contradicts this later on.

"Since then, the novelty of avatar-based content may have worn off, but the format has stuck around."
So they see it as a dumb gimmick, well there is your second red flag that this writer likes vshojo.

"VTubing exploded onto the wider North American and European markets when Cover Corporation launched the English branch of Hololive Production in 2020."
Nice contradiction bro.

"Many creators that jumped on the trend have since stopped using their avatars, but at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a large increase in VTubers on Twitch and other streaming platforms, like YouTube, as models and equipment became more accessible to the general public."
This paragraph reads weird and it gives a strange sense of the timeline, the equipment became more accessible in 2018-19, the large increase happened in 2020 when covid was going on, and the grifters stopped latching onto the trend in 2021-2022 when covid ended.

"Twitch has since gone on to highlight a wide variety of VTubers through its VTuber Takeover promotion"
Never heard of it, also twitch, again.

"Twitch also reported that VTubing-related content on the platform shot up by some 350% between January and August 2022. Despite this, some have argued that the VTubing bubble has all but burst."
That "some" link leads to a fucking kotaku article that says the exact same shit, when you cite stuff like this please cite experts or at least people who are knowledgeable about the subject, not the other journos you're in cahoots with to shape narratives.

“I do feel that VTubing has become less novel as the market has become more saturated,” says a streamer with agency Nijisanji who is not approved to speak publicly. “There are obviously some ups and downs when it comes to working with an agency as well, which requires a lot of patience if I’m honest. And there are some decisions that are made that sometimes don’t make a lot of sense.”
If this is indeed vox and he doesn't watch other chuubas then yeah, it's pretty fucking embarrassing. Also "Who is not approved to speak publicly", you can say anything you want about niji but what are you expecting? For them to just say "yeah go shittalk us to some journos so they can twist your words into their own industry bashing narrative!" fuck you journo scum.

“Seeing agencies like Hololive and Nijisanji shut down entire branches or graduate talents without any real kind of information is heartbreaking for just about everyone involved in the process,” the source says.

In 2020, Hololive shuttered its Chinese division, graduating more than a handful of streamers."

But you aren't going to tell us WHY they graduated those chinese talents huh? Suits your narrative to just say that and pretend it was holo being evil I guess.

"Both Hololive and Nijisanji give creators very little freedom in terms of presentation, whereas newer agencies such as Idol allow talents to create their own concepts. While that may feel overwhelming to some, it allows for the talents behind these models to flex their creativity and create a persona that otherwise wouldn’t fit neatly into the clearly defined boxes some agencies slot them into."
Ah yes, gotta love the jews, gotta love that freedom. You know that I really hate how Niji fucks up and now Holo is tarred with the same brush? Get your fucking shit together you're making us all look bad and giving these parasites a narrative to follow.

“Agencies should allow for talents to experiment, so long as it isn’t hurting anyone,” says the source. “Let people fail and still have that opportunity for growth in the future. More risk-taking and trying to branch out in other ways instead of simply just streaming or following preestablished methods.”
I don't completely disagree with this, but if you just say it without context or nuance it feels like agencies do not experiment whatsoever, and that experimentation has no consequences other than just the abstract concept of "failing". Failing in this industry will mark your image for life, corpos are held to their failures for years after the fact by rabid legions of internet obsessives, and you really ignore the fact that the big two you so seem to despise are the ones who have pushed the industry forward all of these years.

"According to both of the people we interviewed for this story, this is an agreed-upon sentiment — that to prevent further stagnation, this not-so-niche form of content creation needs to reinvent itself and allow more freedom to its talents. Time will tell if larger agencies like Hololive (which reported 50% growth in its 2023 financial report) and Nijisanji will allow their talents to break the mold."
You interview two people, one of whom is clearly unhappy with their position and the other is a nobody, they don't represent the entire community. There are these things called "polls" that you can do to gauge public opinion. Also funny how big corpos are "stagnating the industry" by not changing but Holo reported a 50% growth, fucking ironic.

This journo has an obvious western bias, and doesn't once account for how massive vtubing is in japan and asia in general. Vtubing in the west has stagnated because it's full of boring, bland vtweeters and twitch nobodies who spend 2k bucks on a model with huge titties and expect to get rich off of that. Niji dropped the ball sure, but that doesn't mean EVERYONE is decaying. Also I get the feeling this guy would love Vshojo (even though they restrained themselves to not mention them) even when vshojo chuubas stolen from other corpos have a proven track record of NOT breaking the mold like they did before and just settling into cushy generic roles, I guess giving people talent freedom doesn't equate with better content.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
I can't ember Nyaru's stream for some reason, but I'm sharing it anyway because I swear she's living in my walls (or I need some new meds).

Also, I will be making my debut stream soon™️. Just need to stop being MANhera and focus on this shit.

I'm thinking of doing a Jim-esque "talk about stupid shit and laugh at retards" stream.

Zapan1984

Interesting article

View attachment 51425
inb4 Niji announces X Liver will graduate/ is terminated.

Limkin

Ah yes, gotta love the jews, gotta love that freedom. You know that I really hate how Niji fucks up and now Holo is tarred with the same brush? Get your fucking shit together you're making us all look bad and giving these parasites a narrative to follow.
They talk about creativity and freedom of expression in Idol, when the overwhelming majority have picked different forms of lolis. I don't think the person who wrote this has ever watched a single vtuber in their life and they are just pulling shite out of their ass

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
They talk about creativity and freedom of expression in Idol, when the overwhelming majority have picked different forms of lolis. I don't think the person who wrote this has ever watched a single vtuber in their life and they are just pulling shite out of their ass
Average Polygon article, except usually the "watched" and "vtuber" are replaced with "played" and "game".

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Can someone explain to me what the appeal of watching 30 second snippets of songs ordered by viewership is?

Perhaps I don’t have the requisite number brainrot to understand it.
Speed listening. Especially for musicheads who don't want to filter through a whole list to find the good ones.

30 seconds gives you enough of a song to give you an idea of what it sounds like and ordered by views means it's likely popular (under the assumption popular means good)

I would rather then just a dedicate music thread like the one we have here but these videos do have a point.
Gin is easily one of the nastiest-tasting liquors of the big popular types. :vomit:
Your not supposed to drink it straight hence the Gin and Tonic as an example.
View attachment 51419
Yeah but i can tolerate mental illness as long as we can get away with putting Kiara on Eurovision , imagine the seething
why would you want to put Kiara on a SMALLER stage is beyond me but you do you.

Eurovision has been on the decline for years I remember a few years back some fuckery with the voting results proved several states were colluding to rig the votes over some unrelated development projects elsewhere (you vote for our candidate and you can build this mall here type shit)

I would not wish the backstage bullshit on my worst enemy must less the orange menhera.

Top Bottom