"BLÅHAJ is more than just a shark to some people (all of them). BLÅHAJ is a way of life. BLÅHAJ is beloved by people of all walks of life. Young, old, Rin, British people, other people, Rin, my dad laughs at me but he doesn't count, Rin, the president (Rin), and BLÅHAJ love BLÅHAJ. In this way, it could be said that something that provides light and comfort for so many people across all of Society is a necessity, in the same way that food and transportation are. You wouldn't let Rin starve, would you?"Rin Penrose

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Nijiposting day 12 ~ Sunflower of my heart edition Honma Himawari
Don't let the airhead-ness fool you, she spent her INT stats in gaming (She's from their "GAMERS" wave before it dispersed into general NijiJP proper), and also... video producer.

Essentially, from her covers, you can bet some of it are edited by herself, like for example:
Her cover of "Ninja Re Bang Bang"

And in the spirit of Halloween month, her collaboration with several NijiJP talent singing Michael Jackson's Thriller Night.

I heard that she edited other NijiJP's music videos but i can't find em, too many. Still, she's great, a pretty good gamer (she is from "GAMERS" wave before that wave got merged into regular JP branch), and overall a loveable goof that does have some serious side, like that time she recounted her experience of nearly dying from COVID.

ID bros. Who is this guy? He has like 11 millions subs and kobo is having a collab with him soon.

Oh, that's Windah Basudara, ID flesh-streamer who does your a-typical youtube gaming stream stuff. ID folks like him for his reactions, local-made memes, and willingness to play anything (I saw some clips of him playing mobile games, got distracted by ads with alluring waifus, and decided "Shit, might as well give it a try" right there and then). He's not in the usual youtube sphere now, but for ID folks, he's beeeg (figuratively and literally, not 'discord-mod' beeg but still)

From what I skimmed through, he doesn't really knew much about vtubers, but at some point in his casual stream he checked on ID vtuber clips, stumble on Kobo, and got really interested. Then he sent supachat to Kobo and somewhere down the line, he and kobo sometimes collabed together, he appeared on her latest birthday stream 10 months ago, and I think this month both Kobo and the guy got invited as special guest in a local ID mobile game competition thingie.

ID fans apparently sees how Windah and Kobo got great jokes and chemistry, calling them "bapak dan anak" ("father and daughter"in ID).

hylic

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Ah, interesting. I missed that these Spaces happened at the time. I'll try to listen to them and take notes if I have some time.

I ended up listening to them tonight.

Regarding the "CEO," two points of interest: She stated that her previous identity's name was Celestia Astelia or something like that. I don't think that name was one we had found before, and I couldn't find anything of interest with that name with a quick search. Second she fell into using Japanese stutters like "e-to" and "un" sometimes. I don't think we came across any info that she was Japanese before this. Not sure if she's actually a good/native speaker or if she just picked up a quirk from Japanese 101 her second semester in college or whatever.

Regarding the company, there seemed to be a weird way they were doing casting/auditions. Apparently auditions for gen 1 are already closed and they've selected talents for the roles, but the talents will have several months to decide if they want to sign the paperwork and accept the role before debut in January. Okay, so if they decide in late December to not take the contract, will the company just make a mad dash to recast the role before debut? Or delay the debut The first gen is supposed to be themed around Alice in Wonderland characters so it's going to be kind of weird if they debut without Alice because she backed out at the last minute. In fact, my first thought on hearing this is that auditions may have been a sham and the roles were already pre-cast to certain people. My second thought is that this company is just doing everything way too fast. Anyway, auditions for gen 2 start tomorrow.

Less interesting but still weird is that apparently management will be hands-off when it comes to setting up or approving collabs either inside or outside of the corpo. So I guess they have no interest in either cross-promoting talents or making sure talents won't collab with brand risks. The weird "just send us a check" 30% thing was reiterated several times as well.

Apparently there will be another Twitter space tomorrow. I'll try to get into it if I happen to have Twitter open at the time. If I get picked to ask a question, it will be "where and how is the company incorporated and what is the name of you, the CEO?" Because with how fishy everything else is I don't think she's the "CEO" of anything outside her own head.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
I ended up listening to them tonight.

Regarding the "CEO," two points of interest: She stated that her previous identity's name was Celestia Astelia or something like that. I don't think that name was one we had found before, and I couldn't find anything of interest with that name with a quick search. Second she fell into using Japanese stutters like "e-to" and "un" sometimes. I don't think we came across any info that she was Japanese before this. Not sure if she's actually a good/native speaker or if she just picked up a quirk from Japanese 101 her second semester in college or whatever.

Regarding the company, there seemed to be a weird way they were doing casting/auditions. Apparently auditions for gen 1 are already closed and they've selected talents for the roles, but the talents will have several months to decide if they want to sign the paperwork and accept the role before debut in January. Okay, so if they decide in late December to not take the contract, will the company just make a mad dash to recast the role before debut? Or delay the debut The first gen is supposed to be themed around Alice in Wonderland characters so it's going to be kind of weird if they debut without Alice because she backed out at the last minute. In fact, my first thought on hearing this is that auditions may have been a sham and the roles were already pre-cast to certain people. My second thought is that this company is just doing everything way too fast. Anyway, auditions for gen 2 start tomorrow.

Less interesting but still weird is that apparently management will be hands-off when it comes to setting up or approving collabs either inside or outside of the corpo. So I guess they have no interest in either cross-promoting talents or making sure talents won't collab with brand risks. The weird "just send us a check" 30% thing was reiterated several times as well.

Apparently there will be another Twitter space tomorrow. I'll try to get into it if I happen to have Twitter open at the time. If I get picked to ask a question, it will be "where and how is the company incorporated and what is the name of you, the CEO?" Because with how fishy everything else is I don't think she's the "CEO" of anything outside her own head.

Definitely not Japanese, just weeb character trait.

Certainly interesting they've presented, reviewed, interviewed and selected 4 cast members for a gen in less than 24 hours when one of the four characters, by their own admission, hasn't been started yet. Despite as well saying that it'd take them at least 48-72 hours to get back to applicants. Also seems pretty crazy to start gen 2 auditions immediately when gen 1 is both neither finalized for real or even fucking ready because again, the fourth character's concept art isn't even ready. Considering that further gens are saying they'll be open to adopting existing vtuber identities, it seems to me more like she's trying to accelerate to a point she can start farming money off clueless, desperate fools submitting themselves to literally paying out of pocket to a sham.

They're also "hiring" artists now too since they had to save face and "toss" misokerosene. Now I know it's normal to ask for a portfolio sample when hiring for an art position, but I wonder how many of those submissions are going to turn up on a MikoDxyo account as a sample of her own ability. It'll be harder to catch her with tineye this time around if they're submit through a google doc, one that this time will record the name and photo associated with the account but not the email for some reason. Interesting choice.

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
The weird "just send us a check" 30% thing was reiterated several times as well.
I'm gonna absolutely lose my fucking shit if yuri ends up being hired by these retards:NOWWELAUGH: Using a trust me bro approach to business should be a massive red flag to anyone who is serious about the job, for someone like yuri this is a godsend :ironmousekek:
They can prove me wrong though but there have been scams that tried to look more legit than them.

Lurker Throwaway

❄🐮⛓🔅📕💢🔩🎩🦅️🧸🫧🏹🦖🦊🦈🎨🍹️♾️🐧🎇🐍🪶🎴⚗️🐸
Here's Mumei's Unarchived Karaoke Stream
Nanashi Mumei Ch. hololive-EN-【unarchived 歌枠】i sing a lil bit-WzIqAEWgqIs.jpg
Mega Link - Nanashi Mumei - 【unarchived 歌枠】i sing a lil bit-WzIqAEWgqIs
Mega Link - My Archived Videos

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Ongoing Miran karaoke

New short from Anon as well.

She also reached 20k subs during her previous stream

:subaruclapping:

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
Never said anything because I'm stupid and always forget to shill, but Ame played a very interesting little horror game called Mundaun on stream today. It has the Official Eurojank Seal of Quality(?). It was pretty darn good for what it was, I'd reccomend watching the VOD if you wanna watch through a game that's less horror and more mystery with horror elements.

I will not be watching her Bungo Stray Dogs watchalong because I'm not gonna watch through 4 seasons of a show in 2 days, even though I know she probably appreciates being able to watch it on stream.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I'm gonna absolutely lose my fucking shit if yuri ends up being hired by these retards:NOWWELAUGH: Using a trust me bro approach to business should be a massive red flag to anyone who is serious about the job, for someone like yuri this is a godsend :ironmousekek:
They can prove me wrong though but there have been scams that tried to look more legit than them.
Two points about the "just pay us our 30%"
1) A corpo will pay you in advance for the money you earn in superchats and subs. Otherwise, you could be waiting up to two months for your money (you apparently receive youtube money the end of the next month). Here, you're going to have to wait all of that time
2) It seems like they're trying to remove most of the benefits of being in a corpo besides receiving a high-quality model. From what I've read here, it seems like they're not going to care overmuch about maintaining brand quality - really important when you're working with a bunch of attention-seeking menhera women - they're not going to put money back into attending cons or the like or give any other sort of support.

Yeah, I'd stay far away from this if I were a vtuber looking to get into a corpo.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Two points about the "just pay us our 30%"
1) A corpo will pay you in advance for the money you earn in superchats and subs. Otherwise, you could be waiting up to two months for your money (you apparently receive youtube money the end of the next month). Here, you're going to have to wait all of that time
2) It seems like they're trying to remove most of the benefits of being in a corpo besides receiving a high-quality model. From what I've read here, it seems like they're not going to care overmuch about maintaining brand quality - really important when you're working with a bunch of attention-seeking menhera women - they're not going to put money back into attending cons or the like or give any other sort of support.

Yeah, I'd stay far away from this if I were a vtuber looking to get into a corpo.

Even better, gen 1 is two male, two female, so they'll have two menhera bitches and two nobodies that don't break 2view. Considering how many people were in the replies asking questions that would be answered if they took 5 minutes to read, I can't imagine any applications they did get were from anyone actually talented.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Lisa Makoh is actually singing despite stream description saying "I feel I'm going to catch a cold".

Fubuki has been playing Kirby Super Star for a few hours.

Starting froms scratch and currently in the Great Cave Offensive.

Propro's Sakuya Azusa collabing with 774inc's Oinomori May playing Clubhouse games.

If you like the Tales of series, AzuAzu is currently in Xillia (Jude route).

Ange Katrina's opinion on Shigure Ui

From the DQV stream earlier, Lui surprisingly chose the person who got a lot of NTR doujins, Bianca.

PekoWick

1. She supercharged the idea of full gen contributions to content, which existed but had been rarer before Asacoco Live. Like, first gen barely existed as a group, second gen only really gained their group identity later, third gen had some shared content but mostly in smaller slices, most people didn't know Miko and Sora were the same company... but everyone knew fourth gen as a unit thanks to the skit component of Asacoco Live, and that carried forward to future gens and HoloEn.
Now this is just wrong. This gen is probably the worst example of "gen unity" or the "gen as unit". Luna and Towa feels so distant and doesn't feel like part of gen 4 to me when I watch them back in 2020. This gen also doesn't have a lot of full gen collab.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Now this is just wrong. This gen is probably the worst example of "gen unity" or the "gen as unit". Luna and Towa feels so distant and doesn't feel like part of gen 4 to me when I watch them back in 2020. This gen also doesn't have a lot of full gen collab.
Based on a quick search, there has only been 1 full-gen collab ever since Coco left. And here's Kanata and Luna addressing it:

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
Halfway through Shiranami Ramune's VSpo 3D debut.

After Ramune, the frog hating alien Komori Met will have hers.

Also UniVirtual's Momotsuki Hagu is back at 9PM JST after two months of enforced hiatus.

Watamate

Previously known as Tatsunoko
Early Adopter
I don't disagree, I feel like every member in Gen 4 have their own cliques that they prefer to Collab with. Watame has her Bakatare (Watame, Fubuki, and Flare), which since has turned into BakatareCircus with the addition of Polka. Along with ShishiWata. Luna has her SubaChocoLunaTan. Kanata has Marine. And Towa has her non-Hololive people she likes to hang out with.

Speaking of BakatareCircus

I will say Coco did her best collabing with each of her genmates. Just not usually in big full-gen streams. Which still led to one of my favorite moments.

Last edited:

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
So YouTube's been recommending me random literal 1 view videos and streams as of late, and I'm curious as to why

It's usually random things that I would never search for, like an ad for a locally owned appliance store in bumfuck nowhere Nebraska or something that has, at most, 30 views

This one popped up this morning, and it's probably the worst I've seen so far.

Jumped around in it for a few minutes, and from what I saw it has all the hallmarks of bad vtubing:
  • Vertical video (since this fruit apparently streams primarily on TikTok :vomit:)
  • Ugly, unexpressive femboy model
  • Completely unintelligible mumbly voice
  • Absolutely nothing to say of interest besides basic comments on what is happening in-game
  • Playing Dead Space on easy mode and getting his ass kicked anyway (and he's doesn't even have the benefit of being a girl)
This dude shouldn't quit his day job. I refuse to click on TikTok links out of principle, so if anybody is more curious than I am the link to his TikTok is here.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
So YouTube's been recommending me random literal 1 view videos and streams as of late, and I'm curious as to why

It's usually random things that I would never search for, like an ad for a locally owned appliance store in bumfuck nowhere Nebraska or something that has, at most, 30 views

This one popped up this morning, and it's probably the worst I've seen so far.

Jumped around in it for a few minutes, and from what I saw it has all the hallmarks of bad vtubing:
  • Vertical video (since this fruit apparently streams primarily on TikTok :vomit:)
  • Ugly, unexpressive femboy model
  • Completely unintelligible mumbly voice
  • Absolutely nothing to say of interest besides basic comments on what is happening in-game
  • Playing Dead Space on easy mode and getting his ass kicked anyway (and he's doesn't even have the benefit of being a girl)
This dude shouldn't quit his day job. I refuse to click on TikTok links out of principle, so if anybody is more curious than I am the link to his TikTok is here.

He has the potential to be a prime candidate for FlaVR with content like this. :SelenHAHAhere:

swimmingsharks

dunno if anyone mentioned this about cyberidol yet, but one of their first posts was announcing satsuki / 0_Sukii (11.8k followers) as their model artist. very soon after that they went back on it, and theyve deleted every post of theirs from those days - heres satsuki announcing it

archive
so they just siphoned hundreds of followers from this artist, they were literally at 0 prior. then they cut ties and hired some random minor as their artist, who they are also now cutting ties with. :D?

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Top Bottom