"We run an idol group similar to AKB48"Motoaki "YAGOO" Tanigo

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
FUCKING HELL I HAD A GOOD DAY! FUCK YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Something about this post made me think of the Rudy Gay "not this guy" clip. :SelenHAHAhere:

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
How long until they're outed as a black company

They've an interesting bit of small print in one part of that video, paraphrased, "As part of [company] you gain access to valuable knowledge and experience in the vtuber industry. Learn from seasoned professionals, attend exclusive workshops, refine your skills to become a top notch entertainer."

Alright, bet. Who do they have on staff in this company that is a 'seasoned professional' in the field that would be worth listening to if they're not already being used as part of the marketing push to glamourize the idea of this corpo? What "workshops" are being held that only this organization has access to that will have any real information that is exclusive to vtubing that, again, would have any merit to actually listen to? These could be some very potent draws if they were advertised as a major component of the experience but they're relegated to small print text you have to full screen to read. If they had any real power names to back these claims you'd imagine that they would have that at the forefront of their media, on top of having their site finished. To have the kind of company power and industry experience to fulfill on these claims you'd think they'd have finished all this stuff beforehand and have it at the ready, so why is it not done yet? Why are they looking for talents in what is basically a vacuum with nothing more than a "Trust me bro" for confidence?

No specification on if they're gender-locking applications, a part of it claims being inclusive so I'm sure they'll definitely not throw away obvious troons and just stick to women. The application form asks for an audition tape, can be up to 10 minutes, but they also specifically ask for a video of singing examples and a secondary demo reel of voice impressions and character voices on the next page. Between the form and their promo piece they seem real interested on pointing out they want fluent English speaking talents, with only a one-line ask of if you speak any other languages and what proficiency without specifying any other language market interests. To me, that feels extremely specifically focused on advertising being English based to throw off an international backing, US based though they may claim, where is the money coming from? Don't act like some foreign body can't just establish an LLC to act as a shell company so people that don't look below the surface can't connect the dots.

e: Just actually looked at the rest of the posts on the twitter, some of the art posted for models are highly WIP and not even finished/rigged models but are said to be the characters being auditioned for, two of them are male and one female out of 3. So looks to be a mixed gen being proposed but this also makes me wonder about their overall timeline. They're recruiting talents already but their prep work isn't even finished, clearly angling for male and female applicants but make no specific mention of this upfront, only if you scroll their answers to maros being submit by curious people. For a "company" that makes claims to have some valuable, experienced professionals you'd think they would have nailed down this information on the first pass so they can launch with the strongest image. I'm also a little curious over the fact they say anyone of any stream experience is able to audition but part of their application asks specifically about your streaming hardware and software choices. Very specific kinds of questions to ask of people that might not even know all what they need. No mention made at all of hardware support for talents, so applicants that are short on tech are probably entirely on their own if they somehow make it through auditions without having full loadouts.

Last edited:

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Good Night
Even small artists can make amazing pieces
HOLOCTOBER LOVE

Aliepheese

I like to watch.
Early Adopter
Popping in to remind everyone there less than 7 hours for Towa first solo live:

SPWN tickets:

Its like 3 in the morning on a Friday for me but Towa is my OG oshi, so I really feel I cant miss this.

:nenedance::luidance: Towa-Sama hype

Reason I'm posting this early is because I'm probably going to take a nap in a bit before hand and the go livepost about it when I wake up.

Last edited:

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

Good Night
Even small artists can make amazing pieces
HOLOCTOBER LOVE

Small artist doesn't always mean bad art.

Regardless of that, I miss watching Lapu ever since she moved to twitch :annoyedpippa:

Ensok

Early Adopter
I don't know what an Age of Empires tournament is like but we've got that coming up in a couple hours.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

Regardless of that, I miss watching Lapu ever since she moved to twitch :annoyedpippa:
Tell me who was the SEAYamanba who posted these /vt/ memes during her mental health break?
I want to have a small chat with them :BijouBijou:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
@La+ de Central Norte Random question, I heard La+ mentioned that she has no plans on any new costumes because she is satisfied with her current one, is this true? (notice how she is the only one in HoloX that hasn't gotten any new costume since her kimono)

RiverBear

@La+ de Central Norte Random question, I heard La+ mentioned that she has no plans on any new costumes because she is satisfied with her current one, is this true? (notice how she is the only one in HoloX that hasn't gotten any new costume since her kimono)
she's graduating within this year, so she's not wanting to waste her money

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Post Lumi stream:

Her first time painting minis, and she did a pretty great job. She was pretty proud of it.

A few notes:
  • She'd like to do more of these streams, but it can't be a weekly things.
  • She would like to make a model plane and asked chat for recommendations. Someone recommended the F-117 Nighthawk, which she responded positive toward, saying the F-117 is "beautiful" (great taste, in my opinion)
  • She admitted she's actually not very good as doing her own makeup, as she never really cared to learn until she seemed to be the only one around her that didn't know how.
  • Early on, as a vtuber, she was a lot more focused on being a gaming streamer because she was uncomfortable doing zatsus until she did a subathon where she had to spend some time chatting.
  • Claimed she's less toxic now than she used to be.
  • Claimed she moved from YT to Twitch early on because she didn't feel she fit in to the vtuber image at the time with how she talks and banters. Nowadays, she's just not a big fan of YT chat. She feels it's more likely a child runs across her stream on YT than Twitch while playing games or something like that, and she doesn't really like that. Paraphrasing a lot here, but I think that's the basic gist.
  • She's got a collab with Jelly tomorrow, a collab cover premier with Panko, and a collab with Panko after the premier.
Clip:

:nenebased:

Was a fun stream. Was nice watching her have fun doing her first mini and having some nice chats along with it.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population

I'm still baffled about that retarded move, instead of creating a new channel for shorts she sets her main youtube channel on fire and fucks off to twitch gutting her audience in the move. Sometimes Takeshi needs to slap some sense into these bitches.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm not up to date on my age of smegmar, is that something from the Gloomspite Gitz?

e: yes it is.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Post Lumi stream:

Her first time painting minis, and she did a pretty great job. She was pretty proud of it.

A few notes:
  • She would like to make a model plane and asked chat for recommendations. Someone recommended the F-117 Nighthawk, which she responded positive toward, saying the F-117 is "beautiful" (great taste, in my opinion)
  • She admitted she's actually not very good as doing her own makeup, as she never really cared to learn until she seemed to be the only one around her that didn't know how.
  • Early on, as a vtuber, she was a lot more focused on being a gaming streamer because she was uncomfortable doing zatsus until she did a subathon where she had to spend some time chatting.
  • Claimed she moved from YT to Twitch early on because she didn't feel she fit in to the vtuber image at the time with how she talks and banters. Nowadays, she's just not a big fan of YT chat. She feels it's more likely a child runs across her stream on YT than Twitch while playing games or something like that, and she doesn't really like that. Paraphrasing a lot here, but I think that's the basic gist.
  • She's got a collab with Jelly tomorrow, a collab cover premier with Panko, and a collab with Panko after the premier.
Clip:

Was a fun stream. Was nice watching her have fun doing her first mini and having some nice chats along with it.

Man hands
:depressedtako:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
They've an interesting bit of small print in one part of that video, paraphrased, "As part of [company] you gain access to valuable knowledge and experience in the vtuber industry. Learn from seasoned professionals, attend exclusive workshops, refine your skills to become a top notch entertainer."
Let me hone in on this bit for a sec.

You don't need actual experiance in an industry to call yourself a professional yes actual professional will laugh at you but when it's for marketing no one actually cares

What this actually translates to someone who spent maybe a few years learning a skill vaguely tangibly applicable to vtubing my bet is on a streamer who retired or a person whos job related to public speaking or perhaps a public facing job that requires presenting a persona.

That is of course if they are not entirly lying out their ass because this is a pretty generic claim that cannot be really proven or disproven.
two of them are male and one female out of 3. So looks to be a mixed gen being proposed but this also makes me wonder about their overall timeline. They're recruiting talents already but their prep work isn't even finished,

Auditions happen way earlier then you would think and theres usually a few months to a year of waiting before first stream the characters not being finished could be anything from waiting for potential talents to give input on the final designs to the company focusing on other aspects first not a bad thing if your going to be a mostly PNG tuber company till you get your foot in the door. it all depends on the approach really.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
e: Just actually looked at the rest of the posts on the twitter, some of the art posted for models are highly WIP and not even finished/rigged models but are said to be the characters being auditioned for, two of them are male and one female out of 3.

They're looking for two penis-havers and two penis-lackers:

I think the text on the video you mentioned was written by AI or something. Not much sense to it. Aside from the other things I also find it cheap that they can't decide if they're "Cyber Idol" or "CyberIdol." Branding!

Also, I didn't mention this earlier since I'm not sure of the importance, but the Twitter profile art seems to have a watermark on it.

ZgfLoT8M_400x400.jpg

Looks like "S" and something else on the first line, then "mp" on the second line. "Sample?" I couldn't find any matches with TinEye or Google Images, but still, it's just another thing that makes the whole thing look fly-by-night.

The Under the Tea people are doing a video about the great Twitter deplatforming, and @Ant Hime is a guest.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Post Lumi stream:

A few notes:
Clip:

Lumi has normal ass nails? :iryswooo: Sweet mother of christ how is this woman not married being how she is??ok maybe she's super gay :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Never trust a woman who puts unnecessary garbage on her nails, the most sane women I've met in my life would always keep their nails like lumi.

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Cynically, you're right. And if it's working for them then they don't really have any incentive to change.

But is it a good long-term strategy to be seen as the "retirement home" agency? Is there going to be a point where they're going to have a harder time getting new talents because they have this image of being the agency for has-beens and failures? In my opinion it would be a good idea for them to still be bringing in fresh new talents to avoid that. But I also don't expect them to actually do that.
I don't think the people joining vshojo see it like we do, they probably think it's just the same job with little to no restrictions, where they can drag their legions of fans without having to answer to anyone and still make money. If I was a holo/Niji vtuber and I had no aspirations I would probably go to vshojo in a heartbeat, you can basically just stream however you like ad infinitum.

The only ones who do not benefit from this are the audience, who are treated to (in general) less engaging content, but if you just like the person itself then is there really a downside? The only one I can think of is your favorite chuuba becoming unrestrained and letting out the worst aspects of themselves, like streamers usually do when they start phoning in their content and just stop caring about the facade.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Great Leader @The Proctor , keeper of birds, chaser of fat Fox-girls together, with his Quebecois Man-servant @Godzilla1984 graced us with a stream this very eve and after 3 hours of Minecraft, rock-talk and owning the libtards (epic style) i managed to cut out the most important parts for those with withered attention spans to enjoy;

View attachment 50167

View attachment 50168
Clips taken out of context like the godzilla one are pure gold. Holy fuck i almost teared up out of laughter

God's Strongest Dragoon

Lumi has normal ass nails? :iryswooo: Sweet mother of christ how is this woman not married being how she is??ok maybe she's super gay :Vesper-UNHINGED:
Never trust a woman who puts unnecessary garbage on her nails, the most sane women I've met in my life would always keep their nails like lumi.
I take it you're not familiar with the whole "lesbians" and "short fingernails" thing.

Top Bottom