"Grab my butt. My butt's open"Tsukumo Sana

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
It's been over a day since Hamas invaded Israel and I still can't work out why Lemon Woman wants to be responsible for such an atrocity.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why are women so self-destructive?

Like sure, she's not rolling in money like some other members. But combined with membership and merch I imagine she earns a decent amount. Let alone in Indonesia of all places. Are these people really dying to just retire and get some regular office job, and expect that to beat what Hololive has to offer?

I fully admit that members can sometimes get overworked when things line up badly. But they have managers, colleagues and I'd hope friends to talk to and potentially help. Do you think some penny-pinching middle management boss is going to give a shit if she's stressed or overworked?
I feel like a lot of young people nowadays are told that getting a good job and making money will make them happy, but a lot of them get there and nothing fucking changes, probably because money can't fix the mental issues more and more people have, and it can't reverse the severe effects of societal breakdown and the lack of human interaction which makes life unfulfilling.

You're basically stuck with a bunch of cash and some """friends""" who are only superficially interested in you and flit in and out of your life at their own whims because there's no real connections between you, your family is kinda there but so many people have familial issues that it usually doesn't help (also family is never gonna be the same as friends and romantic partners), and you essentially just work your ass off to keep making money that you use to buy frivolous things that don't make you happy for more than 5 minutes, splurging on trips, alcohol or drugs that only serve to make life slightly less dull, online obsessions like gaming or twitter where you can drain your free time doing nothing or 5 million one-night stands that don't go anywhere because people are not interested in relationships.

What is the point of living anymore? Specially if you're a young menhera female I can see how it's so easy to feel like life is totally pointless. We're like the rats in Calhoun's experiment, something is clearly wrong but we are too small and mindless to know what it is, we can only keep desperately clinging onto life as our parents' knew it and hope everything goes back to normal.

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
I just cant with humanity anymore. this is too much.

Towle

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
It's a very addictive game. Now I understand why the girls streaming the watermelon game so much.
vivaldi_dPJWgf1boP.jpg

upd. lol you can play it after final:chaos:

vivaldi_6qT2RJo0Sr.jpg

Shiina deciding that Lia isn't the only one who can do cursed readings on stream:

btw American Gods good book. And tv series too.

Last edited:

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover
I guess this is a series now

You will receive updates from yours truly
mothOwo

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Time for another haul of the Holoctober goodies, but first some news.

Sakamata will soon come home from her depression quest. Here she mentions getting a massage that was actually quite painful lol. She wants to talk about it when she's back home. Also on her twitter timeline is some pictures of Stars, it seems she went to go touch some grass in the countryside. (Cuz lord knows you ain't seeing stars in Tokyo.) For those who don't know, Ms. Sakamata left us a little over a week ago, burned out and unhappy she canceled streams and said she'd take some time to try and fix herself.

Upcoming Schedule for her week. Let me know if you need TL's.

At 00:00 JST, Lui continues her "Midnight Radio" series.

And now, art. Enjoy.

have the ACAB people thrown a hissy fit yet?

especially when they emulate overly-wordy, pretentious blowhards. Post on-topic or else.
competition is not good for business, I assume?

Last edited:

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Shiina deciding that Lia isn't the only one who can do cursed readings on stream:

Limkin

Imagine not being an autist who is fully satisfied with playing Factorio and other huge time sinkers when bored. The more you talk about this "normies" the less it sounds appealing

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I like Ollie, I feel she has way more special stuff to offer than what they let her. But it's tough for me to feel sorry about Le Numbers situation, after watching NijiID being left out to rot and dry into a husk alongside KR. I agree with the sentiment that others have shared, maybe she wants to rake in Marine numbers of CCV, or Aqua levels of sponsored partnerships.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Post rin status

Updated Rin lore from her members stream:has a king-sized bed filled with fucking sharks(I think it's 11 now)

Yeah checks out :ironmousekek:

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
But i guess Ollie compares herself to Kobo
Regardless of her CCV, last I checked Ollie rakes way more in superchats then Kobo. A big portion of Kobo viewers are Indonesian normies who don't pay. Kobo is more popular, so Cover will use her as an ID mascot.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Caught it on vt

TLDR: Ollie is a bit burned out and is bitten by the number bug, and she feels left being behind by her coworkers. The clip is being used to bait because she took the words “graduation stream” into her mouth, but I don't see her quitting anytime soon.

Still, maybe having a break will do good for her, I definitely don't want Ollie to quit, imo she is very very important to all of Holo and Vtubing by interacting a lot outside of the Hololive bubble. I wish there were more persons like her in the company, I dont mean weekly Vshojo collabs, but I think it would be nice to give Hololive more presence outside of its bubble by interacting more with smaller chuubas (like Ollie does).

Thinking about it some more, maybe its the same bug that also got Nina. But Idk. I just hope not

I guess this explains why she's been posting and streaming more on her roommate account. A few days ago, she posted a now-deleted picture on it that translated into "Always working, when can I play?"
21400.png
Archive Link

There's another clip from earlier this week where she talks about eventually graduating and how she wants it to be a fun and happy occasion.

Maybe it's just a woman-in-burnout moment but I dunno. It looks like she put genuine thought into this and may go through with it. She said that while there are some remaining goals she'd like to accomplish, she's mostly done everything she wanted to do and doesn't think she can grow anymore as a creator. It feels less about numbers and more like she's exhausted and questioning if the corpo stress is still worth it. She said she's no longer gonna think long-term about her Hololive plans, which essentially means she's gonna ride the wave until she can't anymore.

I hope something changes and she either gets a burst of inspiration or even goes the Ayame/Shion route if it would help. But maybe it would be ideal for her to graduate if she truly feels there's nothing more she wants to do. I just hope she doesn't regret whatever choice she makes. Ollie is an outgoing sweetheart that deserves the best.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I like Ollie, I feel she has way more special stuff to offer than what they let her. But it's tough for me to feel sorry about Le Numbers situation, after watching NijiID being left out to rot and dry into a husk alongside KR. I agree with the sentiment that others have shared, maybe she wants to rake in Marine numbers of CCV, or Aqua levels of sponsored partnerships.

She's probably responding to all of the graduations in the ID space, but we probably need to remember that Reine is absolutely loaded and maybe that has more of an effect on the social space than we consider, within HoloID.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Top Bottom