"I would rather stick gunpla up my ass than have sex with a real life person"MariMari

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Fox is playing that obscure rip-off of Duck Duck Goose.

Thanks for the yabwatch Groomer in Chief

oops.png

EDIT: On top of like 6 minutes of piss talk happening right now

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
What is with streamers and fucked up taxes

Taxes are easy, but when it comes to streaming it's like self-employement, which can make them a bit fuckey to itemize and such properly, especially when it's your first time and you don't know what to write off.
Lmao at all the people in the comments noticing Niji being retarded

Although to be fair is it normal for JPN companies to even help with foreign Taxes??

I know Kiara hired an accountant herself, i dunno if its too much to do with Niji unless they refused to give him payment info or some shit
When you work with an international company it gets a lil bit more complicated, but yeah they normally won't unless you're a citizen as a foreign employee. So it's unlikely they refused to give him any info, they just naturally assumed an adult would know wtf to do when it comes to taxes.
But who knows, maybe he did ask management for help and they told him to fuck off, we won't know unless he talks about it more.
It is entirely possible his accountant fucked up, as they tend to do when it comes with working with foreign entities, I highly doubt Niji told him to fuck off in the sense "Hey I need help" since AC would get into some pretty sticky shit if they refused to help employees with taxes, as that bounces back to them in the long run. Some of these people (Like Vox and Mysta) sound like they just never had to really deal with proper tax work before.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
This was a fun clip I hadn't seen before yesterday:

God's Strongest Dragoon

For someone as hyper autistic as Randon, I didn't expect such a cluster fuck of a desktop. Do people not know how to make folders for games?

View attachment 48049View attachment 48050
As someone super autistic, I do the same. I never even use desktop shortcuts, which should result in me just opting out of all desktop shortcuts during game installs. However I've grown use to it and it's like posters on a wall or looking at a cabinet of game cases.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The PC talents are contractors as far as I know (at least according to Pippa) but I also heard they have salaries (according to Pippa...) so who knows?
Your status is more about whether you set your own schedule/direction than about your compensation structure.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
As someone super autistic, I do the same. I never even use desktop shortcuts, which should result in me just opting out of all desktop shortcuts during game installs. However I've grown use to it and it's like posters on a wall or looking at a cabinet of game cases.
Honestly, it seems more autistic for people to care at all about someone else's desktop icons.

Warspite

Tea is just leaf juice。
Early Adopter
This one's for you Laplus bro.

Orange Woman Good. :kikiriki:

It's Holoctober everyone, so be on the lookout for them daily arts. :botanpat:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
The PC talents are contractors as far as I know (at least according to Pippa) but I also heard they have salaries (according to Pippa...) so who knows?
Phase-CONNECT
Op · 2 yr. agoVerified
Hi cheesists!
  1. We no longer offer a base monthly floor salary as we deemed it unnecessary based on Gen.1.
  2. Personal taxes are handled by the talents themselves in their respective country of residence. We do not withhold any taxes.
Hope this helps!

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
Sitting in with Godzilla while he figures out obs and stuff is an eyeopener, like he said, much respect to the girls for their hardwork, theres so much to track.

Negzana

Kaela claimed her raft stream wouldn't be 12 hours long. She started the stream 9 hours ago

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Are the rules for independent contractors different in the UK? As I mentioned, Niji most likely just gives them the lump sum and lets the talents sort it out. It's also the reason most vtuber companies have no health insurance, contractor vs employee status.
It's hard to say without knowing exactly how Niji does their contracts. From what little I've looked into it, it's advised to take it on a case-by-case basis as he could be only on the hook for Japanese taxes if he spend enough time outside the UK, or if there's a specific agreement to allow them to be deductable, and how much of the work you could argue to be taking part in the UK. Once you add in other factors in the job like the fact you're taking in multiple currencies from across the world, internationally shipping merch but working in a home office and how that relates to what counts as work expenses, and travelling across the world for conventions and business meetings and so on...yeah, working out your taxes as a vtuber can be fucking complicated. Enough that I don't think it's entirely fair to just write Mysta off as being a menhara retard since he apparently did have an accountant dealing with things only to end up in the hole anyways.
I will also say that I don't quite agree that it's entirely out of the norm to expect corpos to help with this. International talent agencies - which is what vtuber corps are in effect - typically offer or at least refer to legal & tax services for exactly the sorts of reasons I outlined above. It's just good business practice to nip problems in the bud before you end up with a scandal or bigger legal issues. Especially for talents bringing in the sorts of money you see at the top end of the vtuber & streaming industry.

If people want to have a dig through themselves, the UK gov has guidelines published on their website: https://www.gov.uk/employment-status/selfemployed-contractor

Last edited:

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Call me crazy but if it's tax debt, how would that be his employer's responsibility unless they bumbled something up on their end?:zaionwhatsgoingon:
Did you know that Mysta has split half a million dollars worth of superchats with Nijisanji since he started working for them about a year-and-a-half ago? And that's not including revenue from voicepacks or merch. Imagine how much money he would be still making them if they'd made even a small amount of effort to help the problem he was begging for help with.

No, they didn't have to help him, and it looks like it will be their loss for it. I'm sure Vshojo will be very happy with all the revenue he'll bring in for them instead.

famous artist pipkun

Call me crazy but if it's tax debt, how would that be his employer's responsibility unless they bumbled something up on their end?:zaionwhatsgoingon:
us contractor? contractor is responsible for tax payments. dude should've gone to hr block

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
us contractor? contractor is responsible for tax payments. dude should've gone to hr block
Correct me if I'm wrong isn't he British? Then again yeah, if he is in the US thats standard. I've seen many a retard fuck themselves because they don't set aside anything for taxes by doing contract work

Meanwhile

DanchousLoyalHamu

Gyudon is tasty
Thanks for the yabwatch Groomer in Chief

View attachment 48059

EDIT: On top of like 6 minutes of piss talk happening right now
Wait a minute. Zoom in and enhance. Is that…is that hit paladins and world of warships announcer Amelia Watson?!
IMG_2136.jpeg
Possible collab between Cheri and Ame in bound????

famous artist pipkun

Correct me if I'm wrong isn't he British? Then again yeah, if he is in the US thats standard. I've seen many a retard fuck themselves because they don't set aside anything for taxes by doing contract work
is he british? think you have to give your paycheck to the Department of taxation first lol

I highly doubt Niji told him to fuck off in the sense "Hey I need help" since AC would get into some pretty sticky shit if they refused to help employees with taxes,
most companies will tell you to fuck off since tax advice creates a legal liability. no one wants to be the guy fired because he gave some thot advice in filling out her w4 and now she cant get no refund bc she didnt list her dependents or checked off tax exempt for whatever reason.

ogey_rrat

ogey

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Looks like Hakka is doing a stream where he tattoos some synthetic skin. Pretty cool idea, though I am surprised they let him do it, considering JP's stance on tattoos.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
is he british? think you have to give your paycheck to the Department of taxation first lol
lmao what

If you're employed then your employer will probably have a Pay As You Earn arrangement, but if you're self-employed it's just a standard self-assessment. No idea how the nijimale fucked it up, unless he also has residence in another country which could complicate it.

Top Bottom