"Because I live in Japan, it's just more convenient for management to sometimes choose me - sometimes they would want some people from overseas, but you know the cost, the time, it's not worth it sometimes sadly"Kotoka Torahime

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Edit: Aviel is throwing around his shekels again. I'm not sure if $1 per 1000 views is a good rate but I guess if you think of it as a bonus to the monetization, it's okay?

Archive

It's not a great rate on its own (on the lower end of possible CPM rates) but on top of existing YouTube revenue it's not bad. For popular clip channels it's a better deal than being commissioned to make clips for the talent/corpo's channels since it lets them hold at least a bit of ownership over it to keep the passive revenue coming, rather than being paid a flat rate then forgotten about.

The problem with this arrangement is that they're obviously not going to approve anything that's not good optics. You'd be letting a big nose man dictate how you run your own channel, which is not an arrangement I'd personally be happy about.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
It's not a great rate on its own (on the lower end of possible CPM rates) but on top of existing YouTube revenue it's not bad. For popular clip channels it's a better deal than being commissioned to make clips for the talent/corpo's channels since it lets them hold at least a bit of ownership over it to keep the passive revenue coming, rather than being paid a flat rate then forgotten about.

The problem with this arrangement is that they're obviously not going to approve anything that's not good optics. You'd be letting a big nose man dictate how you run your own channel, which is not an arrangement I'd personally be happy about.
True, but the vast majority of clips are likely to be approved. The only way you would probably get denied monetization via this is if you were to do something truly retarded like include something like George Floyd audio in one of your clips

Godzilla1984

Early Adopter
Gonna try and set up OBS/StreamElements/Odysee.
Ass-O-Clock 9 AM EST Tomorrow.
Laugh at the 30yo boomer meme.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Man, what a clickbaity title.
"The superchat that BROKE Henya."
>Ten minutes of some shitty indie horror game.
That's one of the shitty new YouTube trends, sadly. Amusingly enough, someone mused about this same situation earlier on Reddit:
:mikothumbsl:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Edit: Aviel is throwing around his shekels again. I'm not sure if $1 per 1000 views is a good rate but I guess if you think of it as a bonus to the monetization, it's okay?

Archive

Fishman tried to do this when Phase was new and it didnt really work out for them too well. The had a prize for most viewed clip. Only time Cooksie has worked on a Phase Connect clip (cuz not booba streamers).

$1 per 1000 views used to be the standard YT rate often cited. It used to be like that before the economy took a shit and people stopped buying ads en-masse back in March 2023. The current CPM rate on YouTube seems to be somewhere along the $0.65 per 1000 views. They emailed me about 12 hours ago while I was at work (will get back to them soon-ish).

True, but the vast majority of clips are likely to be approved. The only way you would probably get denied monetization via this is if you were to do something truly retarded like include something like George Floyd audio in one of your clips
Hold my beer.

Last edited:

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Fishman tried to do this when Phase was new and it didnt really work out for them too well.

$1 per 1000 views used to be the standard YT rate often cited. It used to be like that before the economy took a shit and people stopped buying ads en-masse back in March 2023. The current CPM rate on YouTube seems to be somewhere along the $0.65 per 1000 views. They emailed me about 12 hours ago while I was at work (will get back to them soon-ish).

Hold my beer.
Wait that was you? I remember it was a phase clipper and it showed up in one of the weekly things. I personally have no problem with it but I hope you didn't expect to get monetized from it lmfao. I don't mean any malice towards you

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
V-Dere debut part 2

Only 1 hour if you have karaoke mixed in.
Well she's singing rn so shut yer trap and get in here!

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Wait that was you? I remember it was a phase clipper and it showed up in one of the weekly things. I personally have no problem with it but I hope you didn't expect to get monetized from it lmfao. I don't mean any malice towards you
Phase has a handful of paid clippers but Phase Weekly was just random clips.

V-Dere debut part 2

I hate that they are making this 1 hour. to me it feels like like they drag on for too long. 30-45minutes should be the standard debut time. Only 1 hour if you have karaoke mixed in.

The Peanut Gallery

His smile and optimism: Restored. 🕯️👁️
Early Adopter
This crazed woman is oiling manged/shaved squirrels and basically, she's fucking insane :sanasmile:
1695516921731307.png

Archive

To catch people up the squirrel she feeds outside her door one day had its backed shaved and she's been devising ways of putting coconut oil on the bald spot to help the fur grow back.

Negzana

Man, what a clickbaity title.
"The superchat that BROKE Henya."
>Ten minutes of some shitty indie horror game.
I wish there were more clips of a Jelly being broken those moments are funny

VTuberBobDole

In the Advent collab Minecraft stream, Nerissa just mentioned that she might have connection issues as she was hearing a bunch of lightning outside. Assuming she's in the midwest, the only place around there with thunderstorms is the Twin Cities. Interesting... She might just be a true Minnesotan.

Watching Biboo's stream right now, but they are all streaming too.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
In the Advent collab Minecraft stream, Nerissa just mentioned that she might have connection issues as she was hearing a bunch of lightning outside. Assuming she's in the midwest, the only place around there with thunderstorms is the Twin Cities. Interesting... She might just be a true Minnesotan.
I followed her PL for a while. I'm pretty sure she moved from the South (Texas, I think) to Minneapolis for VA work.

dumb wings

her newgrounds page seems to still be up, although you have to be logged in to see anything
Don't forget these. Got the link from the 4chan thread back in October. https://sfmcompile.club/tag/aero_buddy/ Grimmi GrimmiVT. Clicking on the title gives more info and a twitter link for the source. Anon said there's more on twitter but when I used twitter the search feature sucked.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
clearly the answer is to Photoshop EVE ships into the clip at near max transparency and see how long it takes for people to notice.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Don't forget he got in trouble true because someone ELSE submitted his clip to Phase Weekly, and Azehara ate the bans for it.
Assuming she's in the midwest, the only place around there with thunderstorms is the Twin Cities. Interesting... She might just be a true Minnesotan.
She's thrown enough hints here and there I suspected she was in the area too.
I followed her PL for a while. I'm pretty sure she moved from the South (Texas, I think) to Minneapolis for VA work.
RIP her. I have family that lives up near Minneapolis. It's gone to absolute shit since the Floyd riots. Hoping she at least lives in one of the nice burbs and not St. Paul/Minneapolis proper.

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!
Looks like she is also releasing an original song right after.

EDIT:

Lisa's new song is absolutely beautiful, I almost thought it was a cover of something from NieR

Could've fooled me, it's so damn well produced
Also, she did a live performance in her afterparty stream, sounded just as good despite her froggy voice today

1696038181641.png
Sheep LOVE :kroheart:

Top Bottom