"I hate everyone, I hate this game, but most of all I hate myself"IRyS

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat

Why does not she (or anyone in holo for that matter) play the original Dark Souls from start to finish? Its the best game to learn about Soulsborne mechanics. There are so many Souls fans who love watching everyones first time reaction to Dark Souls bosses, it will get way more attention than her Armored Core VI playthrough.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat

Trap Supremacy

Your Local Trap (investi)Gator
Early Adopter
If you follow any JP vtubers you probably already know about the watermelon game that is a smash hit. Here is an indie stream of it.

Also Niji got infected by this infectious game

Ohayama is an OG streaming monster

Anyways, there are clones of this game free to play. Here is an SSRB one
You will see Holos play the actual game soon Miko and Astel have already started

There's a FOSS game similar to this from a while back that I got cuz it looked interesting (2048 clone called 2049, uses balls and physics instead of tiles).
https://fossdroid.com/a/2050.html
It's definitely a heck of a timewaster.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun
penchiIIa m.pngmuhyohyo m.pngChinchilla in 10 minutes!!!muhyohyo.pngpenchiIIa.png

chinchilla m.pngclip from the last stream!chinchilla.png

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Rie stream just ended. She was drinking and reading submitted Marshmallows again. She talked about some different things, like how it's hard for her to make friends IRL and how some female friend confessed to her before. Some interesting bits of info I feel is worth cross posting here, though:

Rie addressing the "not finding her niche" criticism. Says she wants to be more of a variety streamer and doesn't think sticking to a niche would be beneficial.

I can't fault her for this, but I would still recommend she play to her strong suits more often.
And there it is. Rie says she's been "stressing a lot about her guitar performance". Pretty much what my theory had been about why she doesn't play it on stream more often. She's self-conscious about it. I get it, but like I said before, she can just use her streams to practice, and I'm sure people would love tuning into that. She's not bad at all. She just finished playing now, and while it wasn't perfect, it was fun.

This has always been one of her "strong suits" that I mentioned. I wish she would be more confident because, like many of us have stated many times, she has great potential.

She addressed some points that many of us have made here, and I'm sure others have in other place too. Though, the guitar comment wasn't really in response to anyone or any criticism. She just stated it when she starting playing it for a bit at the end.

I hope she understands where these comments come from. I think the main reason people bring up "niche" is because she clearly has the potential to carve out her own niches that help her stand out. I mean, she wouldn't have to make them her entire persona, but just part of it.

However, at the end of the day, she seems fairly happy with what she's doing, and that's the most important thing at the end of the day. She has gotten noticeably more parasocial with her community, but if it makes her happy, then good for her.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

If Mori wants to learn how to beat the bosses in Fromsoft games, and since she's probably lurking, it's more or less of a mindset thing:

With how experienced the developers are, they would not put something in the game that the player, themselves, would not be able to beat (story sequences notwithstanding).

By that, I mean Miyazaki himself doesn't play action games (or didn't prior to Souls), so if he could beat the bosses, players would be able to perform leaps and bounds ahead of him with enough work.

That, and each major boss and enemy telegraphs their movements, meaning that fighting them will eventually become muscle memory, which is by design.

React quickly, react predictably, but what is most important is reacting accurately. Knowing what will happen, seconds before it happens, will then boil down to hand-eye co-ordination, which also increases naturally while playing games.

With that in mind, you can't run before you can walk, so start out with learning how to utilize the base toolkit a character has before any additional equipment is added. Take down basic enemies until you can do so with minimal health lost, learn to dodge, learn to parry, get a feel of the iframes at your equipment weight. Unironically, you'll eventually learn to 'feel' each moment-to-moment gameplay beat if you're concentrated enough, at which point you'll be gunning for the Tree Sentinel on a fresh character without enhanced gear so that you can get an advantage over Margit, who you'll also clear in one go because he's just Margit, there's bigger kills further down the road to worry about.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Superduper, I'd consider coming up with a slightly different name. Maybe Grey Chinchilla, or English Chinchilla or something.

I brought that up the other day, because when you say "Chinchilla" around these parts, you're going to think of someone entirely different (who is also live right now and deserves your views)

hylic

I noticed this new japanese corpo called てらめたる学園 that started 2 months ago. Apparently Nasa will be collabing with a member that is bilingual. It seems really polished for a vtuber corpo and their numbers and production quality is really good for something brand new

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Superduper, I'd consider coming up with a slightly different name to prevent confusion. Maybe Grey Chinchilla, or English Chinchilla or something.
I brought that up the other day, because when you say "Chinchilla" around these parts, you're going to think of someone entirely different (who is also live right now and deserves your views)
I have the solution:

"Where's the fucking slippers Fishman?!"
-Hanamori Natsumi

Our Chinchilla.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
She might be making a general statement, but I'm sure she's talking about the recent wave of people shit-talking her, which made her go private on her Twitter.
What Mana doesn't get is that people don't have to project the bad things happening in their own lives, if they actually are, to shit on others. All it takes is her saying something extremely stupid, usually her badmouthing others, and that is enough for a reaction.

At the same time, I don't expect unironic commies to have self-awareness, so this is once again just par for the course.

chrome_wQm9HIOaor.png

EDIT: Bonus.

Recently Nagzz reacted to one of Mana's clips and the video and got a special comment.
Discord_cIhNwEBWAe.png

Discord_f3MxbdkaPG.png

Discord_GNSeK6NDl0.png

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
She might be making a general statement, but I'm sure she's talking about the recent wave of people shit-talking her, which made her private go private on her Twitter.
What Mana doesn't get is that people don't have to project the bad things happening in their own lives, if they actually are, to shit on others. All it takes is her saying something extremely stupid, usually her badmouthing others, and that is enough for a reaction.

At the same time, I don't expect unironic commies to have self-awareness, so this is once again just par for the course.

View attachment 47379
If I didnt know her any better I would assume this is a bit, because no one can lack this much self-awareness.
But alas, she suffers of the woman and commie debuff.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
She might be making a general statement, but I'm sure she's talking about the recent wave of people shit-talking her, which made her private go private on her Twitter.

View attachment 47379
I have no words for this one

How even

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
She might be making a general statement, but I'm sure she's talking about the recent wave of people shit-talking her, which made her go private on her Twitter.

View attachment 47379
On the topic of this bitch:
1647587874464.jpg

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
because no one can lack this much self-awareness

Reminder that this is the woman who keeps wondering and complaining why people are "obsessed" with her all the while screeching her opinions on a "public square" like Twitter before she went private.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

There's always a chance you end up like him :smugpipi:
It only works if you are not ugly, like that guy.
View attachment 47055
Hence why I try and stay out of the know on doxes and such. I know Sana most likely is not the caramel goddess she was in Hololive but that doesn't mean I have to see it for myself! And besides, there are SOME out there who are actually dark IRL:

View attachment 47056
View attachment 47057
View attachment 47058
(i'm coping with this last one but it's funnier to me to think Sara's an aboriginal)
Sana is pretty dark IRL. Way more SEA than fancy Asian.
It cant be that bad...
View attachment 47059
Tomoe Umari is in the barracks too. Her neighbors must be pent up.
I can't think of a single example of someone having a pretty model and looking better irl. It's always at most 8/10 compared to a model
Kson IRL is better looking then Coco.
@The Proctor Can we discuss maybe adding some new reactions? I feel none of those on offer currently can express my disgust at this video adequately.
Feel free to make them and post them here: https://thevirtualasylum.com/threads/smilie-workshop.24/page-15

Watermelon

Last edited:
Top Bottom