"NOOO NOT THE FUCKING 'CASH NOW', NOT THESE FUCKING COMMERCIALS!!! FUCK THERE'S SO MANY OF THEEESE!!!"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Myth's dynamic got substantially better after their JP trips this year, imo. I wouldn't say they have NO chemistry, but I think their smaller collabs, either 1:1 or groups of three, are substantially better than them as a group.
Myth gets scrutinized more than other groups because they were a lot of people's gateway into vtubing, any of you that like small corpos should cherish what time you have before they become popular, because once they do they will get shit on constantly and mercilessly by armies of contrarians and people who like shooting at the low hanging fruit, Nijifriends found that out the hard and unlubricated way.

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
Sorry dude, no Myth praising allowed, only scrutinizing. :Ame-BOO:

Jokes aside, I agree. People do exaggerate about the "no chemistry" part. Sure they don't collab as much, but when they do you can see they actually do get along just fine. Some of them tend to be quiet in huge group collabs (by some I mean mostly Ame and sometimes Gura), but 1-1 and small group collab tend to turn out fine. I think the most "awkward" 1-1 collab I remember was the first AmexKronii collab, this was not long after Council's debut so they haven't hit it off yet. I wonder if the "no chemistry" point is a direct result of people frequenting /vt/ where they will constantly rrat about how "X and Y hates each other" from the most mundane reason and example.
THe perception comes from Ame being a bit of a wallflower and going silent during collabs and Kiara being loud and basically taking over so you basically end up 3 quiet members getting drowned out by 2 louder members that basically are forced to interact with each other and try to pull the other 3 out of the shadows. Its more of a personality clash than lack of chemistry.

Their 3D offcollab was great though.

Myth gets scrutinized more than other groups because they were a lot of people's gateway into vtubing, any of you that like small corpos should cherish what time you have before they become popular, because once they do they will get shit on constantly and mercilessly by armies of contrarians and people who like shooting at the low hanging fruit, Nijifriends found that out the hard and unlubricated way.
I watch Pippa and she gets all sorts of shit all the time. Hell I get shit for being a clipper of hers. At the end of the day its a bunch of unfunny, uninteresting cunts that are mad they will never break the 2 view status.

Last edited:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone posted this before. A bit old, but the elite baby just reposted it:

No subs, but its easy to understand whats going on.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
YouTube Memberships carry the same issue Patreon accounts have had for years, where everyone runs them differently and there's no consensus on what they should be for. Is it just a tip jar with some emotes thrown in for good measure, or are they selling a product? Where's the line between a bonus perk for a donation and an asking price for a premium service? That's before you get into the glass half full vs. glass half empty mentalities about whether paywalled content is a bonus for paying viewers or a restriction for free viewers.

Asking for large amounts of money in general comes off as a social faux pas in a lot of circles so I understand why someone would raise an eyebrow at a streamer using the "tip jar" approach having expensive tiers, and if they're taking the "premium content" approach there will be disagreements on the financial value of the bonus streams/posts/custom content etc. on offer - but at the same time, there are a lot of people out there who are more than willing to throw excessive amounts of money at a streamer they like to fund and support their work. Ultimately, as long as they're transparent about what's on offer, I think channel memberships are just a take it or leave it kind of deal.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
THe perception comes from Ame being a bit of a wallflower and going silent during collabs and Kiara being loud and basically taking over so you basically end up 3 quiet members getting drowned out by 2 louder members that basically are forced to interact with each other and try to pull the other 3 out of the shadows. Its more of a personality clash than lack of chemistry.

I watch Pippa and she gets all sorts of shit all the time. Hell I get shit for being a clipper of hers. At the end of the day its a bunch of unfunny, uninteresting cunts that are mad they will never break the 2 view status.
I feel like if any of Myth has an actual amount of tism it's Ame, and I just love her more for it.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Summary of how Fauna's 3D showcase went:

Negzana

Apparently she's gonna do asmr. Why am I subbed to her again?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Is Warrior Cats just Redwall for chicks with BPD?
I'm not kidding when i say kindof.

get some popcorn this is gonna be a SHOW.

So how many of you remember Scholastic book drives? encouraging kids to read you know that stuff good books however alot of them for some reason shared a theme Animals now that i'm older i'm semi aware it was at least somewhat related to marketing but nearly all the books there were animal adjacent yes even the good ones.

and A lot of these stories went for the Animal POV on the more realistic side you get things like Silverwing which is just THE BIBLE but jesus is a bat now (made apperent when the third book has him journey to hell) on the more fantasy side you get things like Guardians of Ga'hool and yes the one that is a bible allegory is the more realistic one. they all crib from Secret of Nymh to varying degrees usually with the "i don't understand these humans" and reaping the drama from that using silverwing as an example again they run into "human traps" and are put in cages and some of them wake up with "silver bands" on their wings some of them assume this means they are doomed some thing that means they are "Chosen" and WE think they just ran into a bunch of scientists trying to track bat migration routes that whole thing.

Why do i say all this?

Because years of this style of writing the rise of general literacy and the decline of those book drives lead to WarriorCats this abomination of psudo mysticism psudo scientific psudo creckpot theory (because animals are dumb) mixed with soap opera drama stupid and contrived as it is and willing to mutilate it's cast is basically honeypotting alot of readers.

I can't speak to the books actual quality but yeah it was a mutant freak years in the making and while some might call it a perfect storm it both missed wider acceptance and everyone who lives through it seems to regret it.

Ill end this saying Silverwing and it's follow ups were fun reads so was Ga'Hool maybe Warrior Cats is too but i also heavily regret reading them not for lack of quality but for being suckered into enjoying a work of 60% copypaste. (100% of these books start with "the exile" the "journey" and have the protagonist return with some newfound knowledge that forgives all their sins)

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
TIL there's a Spanish vtuber that uses the same model as Flamenco but has a much larger following.

The dog in a cup model is one of the free ones that ships with VTube Studio, so you'll see other people using it fairly frequently, just like with Neuro-sama's first model.

From the fishman interview so far
  • There's apparently another thing coming beside gen 3 he kinda spoiled it, probably another invader wave
  • He also said all girls get music budgets and they're free to use them, he only tells them to cool it if they release too many in a short amount of time
  • I have to go back but he kinda confirmed there's plans for phase connect (insert language any language) he just said yes
  • Shipping sucks dick because canadian bullshit

Where did this interview happen? I can't find it.

YlAkZ02UzAWk

MostlyALurker777

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

I feel like it's definitely more of an issue with Ame, and I'm saying this as someone with Ame as my oshi. Ina mostly turns out fine, and despite how many people love rrating about Gura, she is usually fine too with a few exceptions like the most recent Myth relay collab.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Rare Remi PM stream coming up in a few!

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter

lumi covered another song.
tw: its in japanese

in Airis birthday stream, the vod is broken for me right now (sub box shows 5hr, actual video length 2m) but someone already posted timestamps

long streams are killing yts archive. ries rice vods were fucked for a day because they were 6 hrs long.

superduper had a strong showing during the airi bday collab

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
The twins posted their schedule and their first HoloJP collab will be with Fubuki :fubukisasuga:

Fox friend has already guided Subaru, Watame, Lui and a few others through the Backrooms so she's an expert at handling terrified women. It should be a fun time.

Anime Fan

Airi managed to hit all but one goal on the first day of her donothon.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I'll almost guarentee you it was Mousou Express.
Sony Music Entertainment was the one who blocked it, and they seem to be the label that has rights over the song, so you are likely correct.

Edit: As expected, Kanauru once again proves his worth.

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
holoEN's twitter account posted a kronii pre-3D showcase video.

and here are some kronii clips.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
holoEN's twitter account posted a kronii pre-3D showcase video.

and here are some kronii clips.

Why is Kronii's tryhard Japanese so :shiinastare:?

Top Bottom