"I'm sorry you can't trick a woman into reproducing with you"Tomoe Umari

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Can we do this again? I refuse to believe I'm the 6th most autistic nigga on this site.:annoyedpippa:
split super titano me reticule you. Seems fine to me.
The more I think about it the more Nijisanji saying truth about why the sales are down is worse than lying and trying to cover up the real issue. You launch overseas branch with people who speak in english, yet their JP audience was apparently so massive that them losing interest immediately resulted in a large drop in revenue. Even if you assume that all of them already left, this is at least 16% of audience being JP. And if they are only starting to leave it would make the number even bigger. Meaning, your overseas talents have little to no foreign fans willing to spend money on it. And their solution to this, instead of increasing customer base by organizing events, doing promotions, participating in collaborations with brands and whatnot is... to release more members and cut costs. Unless Riku's master plan is to pawn off the company to the highest bidder in 2-3 years I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with it. And that's a really shitty assumption
Riku's plan is ACCELERATE always has been always will be. Why put in the work organizing reasons for people to stick around when new waves make all the money.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Whoever thought of getting 100k+ sub Youtubers that has no personality or Vtubing experience and slapping them on vtuber models that doesn't fit their voices (Kyo Kanegro) should get fired with an AK-47. That was the most stupidest decision they have made and it killed their momentum outright.
Wasn't someone from ILUNA's PL specialized in cosplay and makeup? Both which are useless for vtubing?

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Enjoy some Zoomer edit Biboo Elden Ring summary.

UberSoldat

This guy's videos are the only good content done of this shitty game

I'm in his server (which is shared with Broleg) and even got in VCs with him a bunch of times. Chill dude overall.

Lumi finally continues Ruiner

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Wasn't someone from ILUNA's PL specialized in cosplay and makeup? Both which are useless for vtubing?
It's pretty clear that big numbers were the main strategy for acceleration in that wave's time so scrutiny was probably lowered. We don't know how she sold herself in the debut video and interview but I wouldn't call Aia completely talentless, especially in comparison to her wavemates; she just torpedoed her initial growth splendidly with poor choices and bad first impression.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The more I think about it the more Nijisanji saying truth about why the sales are down is worse than lying and trying to cover up the real issue. You launch overseas branch with people who speak in english, yet their JP audience was apparently so massive that them losing interest immediately resulted in a large drop in revenue. Even if you assume that all of them already left, this is at least 16% of audience being JP. And if they are only starting to leave it would make the number even bigger. Meaning, your overseas talents have little to no foreign fans willing to spend money on it. And their solution to this, instead of increasing customer base by organizing events, doing promotions, participating in collaborations with brands and whatnot is... to release more members and cut costs. Unless Riku's master plan is to pawn off the company to the highest bidder in 2-3 years I don't understand what they are trying to achieve with it. And that's a really shitty assumption
They aren't telling the truth dude, it's just what they THINK (or pretend) happened, they are very much trying to find an explanation apart from "the chinks left us". Niji has always been weaker in the west than Holo, but stronger at home due to their more mainstream appeal instead of being for otakus and idolfags, the success of the ENmales was pure chink influence, idk why the chinks left but they did and that has been a known cause of the number decline for months.
In any case having your foreign branch that is targeted at foreigners be held up by non-foreigners is pathetic whether it's chinks or nips, that means you completely failed at what you were attempting to do.
I expect VSPO EN to fail for the same reason, they are basically unknown overseas and the esports scene over here just barely tolerates chuubas.
She should probably have her own thread at this point. In b4 make one. I would, but documenting her weirdo adventures requires Christorian-level dedication.

Make it yourself, you're the most knowledgeable about her in this place.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

They were quick to use this stream for a 3D short lol. With good reason.

In other news, dtto quit her org:

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
those girls have their niches which rie hasnt found yet.
The biggest shame of the whole thing is that I truly believe she has the potential to at least attract a wider initial audience to give her a chance if she utilizes one of her skills that's underutilized in the vtubing sphere. I know I've said it many, many times, but if she actually did guitar streams, I think it would get a lot of new eyes on her and allow her to carve out her own niche easily. Vtubers playing instruments already isn't all that common, but one that plays the electric guitar is rare, and we've seen she can play it well. I don't know if she's just self-conscious about playing it in a livestream setting, but if she even labeled them as practice streams, I think it would catch peoples' attention. She's not dumb, so this is really the only reason I can imagine her not doing this. Many people have expressed wanting to see this, and it would definitely make her standout, not only in Phase, but on the EN side of vtubing as a whole. I'm really hoping she keeps this in mind and eventually considers it.

Aside from this, I like when she does her more creative roleplaying streams like the ones Lumi does now. One of the first streams that I really enjoyed from her was when she ran the drive-thru at a coffee shop. Another fun one was when she was a therapist for her chat. Streams like this and her Halloween game streams are what made her the first Gen 2 member that I started paying more attention to.

Granted, if she's having fun and enjoying herself with what she's doing now, that's the most important thing. But definitely one of the common observations people have about Rie is that she hasn't found her own niche yet, which is true. But I, and I'm sure many people, think she absolutely has the tools to carve out her own niche right now if she actually wants to. But for one reason or another, she just doesn't.

Edit: Not sure if anyone else has stated this before, but according to Lumi, Fishman is looking to open up a second warehouse, more than likely in the States.

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
the success of the ENmales was pure chink influence, idk why the chinks left but they did and that has been a known cause of the number decline for months.
Part of it is the female Chinese audience are hyper unicorns who got pissed at the whole Vox/Reimu thing another from what I've heard is the CCP has started an anti vtuber propaganda campaign guess they aren't happy with foreign media causing such a stir in their youth.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
1000007811.jpg
Nabi (Ame's mama) is quitting VTubing. And looks like she is gonna DFE... again.

Alchemyth

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
Enjoy some Zoomer edit Biboo Elden Ring summary.

I tought Russians finally killed this Nigga

Koyori finally converted her cat into 3D

JFT September Love in Shorts form

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
Everyone trying to extrapolate reasons on why NijiEN might not be doing well and I as someone who has stopped watching them entirely after Zaion got axed. Maybe I can shed some light on this?

1. Ignoring the utter bullshit of Zaion's termination, when the announcement hit it was wave of people being like "this is a good thing I'm so happy, she deserved it" the utter unhinged tumblr style fandom lockstep that a person deserved to be fired over a bunch of innocuous bullshit and celebrating it. I'm sorry, that's some crazy shit and it didn't exactly make me want to engage with the people who tolerated and built that kind of fanbase.

2. The merch is awfully basic, like I had used proxy services to get niji jp merch in the past and whatever is going on with EN it's just not great stuff most of the time, I have income, I like to spend my money, but I'm not going to spend money on the same stuff with stock art tossed on it. Additionally I always have seen merch as the best way to support someone I enjoyed watching because I get a physical item or some such and they get money, it's not me donating it's me getting a product and them profiting. Well Niji's way of handling that seems to be the money goes to anyone but the talent. So why would I bother to buy stock basic bitch merch that doesn't even support the person I like?

Or to put it simply, NijiEN's fans are fucking psychos and I don't want to be associated with them, the merch is trash and it doesn't seem to help the talent at all. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why maybe people aren't throwing money at them. More so when the building next door has managed looks so much more appealing. I'll take the most unhinged chumbud over the average tumblrstyle niji fan any day.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Extremely subtle IRyS fanart *wink wink wink wink wink WINK WINK*
1694801123495.png

twitter
pixiv

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Didn't anykuro actually discourage doujins by trying to make all of the artists register to their own convention instead of comiket? I heard that somewhere.
Only figurines and other things that are considered 3D physical object (unlike tapestry or t-shirts). Their ToS mentions you aren't allowed to sell or display them at events, unless Anycolor has given explicit permission to organizers for this. And if you want to sell it then you should contact organizers of the event, so they contact Anycolor and ask for a permission. You are also not allowed to sell anything if they think you are making a profit on it on a "business scale" and not as a hobby, whatever amount they mean by that.
That aside, Anycolor had an official collaboration with DLSite and many creators pulled their work off of it out of fear of repercussions. They were never told to do so and afaik no one was ever punished for not doing it. Considering DLSite is a go to place to buy doujins for most people, through the game of broken telephone it eventually became "Anycolor doesn't allow to sell doujins at comiket anymore"
Frankly it is the DLSite one that caused the big issue, because most of the fanworks by nijifans online are sold in DLsite, like SFW/NSFW doujins.

When Anycolor made that whole thing about marketing their own stuff there (iirc talent-focused binaural ASMR voicepacks), they reached out to some artists that does sell those niji stuff and told them to fuck off. It became trending and everyone ended up leaving.

That said, its not like the doujinshis gonna stop anyway, people would keep be making them and either selling it on convention or online. Its not like the case of that horse girl gacha game where Yakuzas gonna come and cut your pinkies if you so much as to lewd the game's horse girl. But the whole DLSite thingie kinda affected the market to the point that people find it better to just get Holo stuff than Niji.

1. Ignoring the utter bullshit of Zaion's termination, when the announcement hit it was wave of people being like "this is a good thing I'm so happy, she deserved it" the utter unhinged tumblr style fandom lockstep that a person deserved to be fired over a bunch of innocuous bullshit and celebrating it. I'm sorry, that's some crazy shit and it didn't exactly make me want to engage with the people who tolerated and built that kind of fanbase.
They are psychos, though I say this because I only spent my time looking at the Vox fujoshis, while some others are relatively normal. That said, I prefered to stick with Niji fans that are actually from ID (seafags) and or into the remains of ID branches. They are at least more normal and wont go super psycho like western EN fans.

Besides, I cant hate them if all they do is just cosplaying as NijiEN talents, anyway.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
Eh, I'd disagree with this. Myth is one thing, but CouncilRyS has grown to where all the members have really good chemistry between them, regardless of size or who is in the collab. The stars boys also have great chemistry, too. It is too soon to really tell now, but Advent is also shaping up to fit in well, too. Mumei's open VC art stream and the Gary's Mod Ame stream were both great showings of their integration with the other girls.

Magni/Vesper/Calli/Kronii was also a GOAT combination before MagVes made like a banana and fucking commited seppuku.
@Takodachi Why is your Oshi so autistic and bad at interacting with non japs? Is it genetic memory of being a comfort woman?

Top Bottom