"gasp ...FACK-ING! ...oh me god! oh my god sigh fuck you! ...fuck you Yagoo"Hoshimachi Suisei

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Thing is, I feel that calling Europe a 'market' to begin with is just a bad idea. There is no 'European market' in entertainment terms. You can sell products in Europe thanks to - huuuurk - the EU, but entertainment is a lot different. Every European nation has its own language, so a streamer that only speaks English will appeal... to England, and maybe a few million foreigners who speak English as a second language. That's still not a tiny market by any means, but nothing like as large as NA or even Indonesia.
I don't think people realize this. Streaming at EU hours is basically a debuff for the majority of English-speaking streamers.

Not-Username

Thing is, I feel that calling Europe a 'market' to begin with is just a bad idea. There is no 'European market' in entertainment terms. You can sell products in Europe thanks to - huuuurk - the EU, but entertainment is a lot different. Every European nation has its own language, so a streamer that only speaks English will appeal... to England, and maybe a few million foreigners who speak English as a second language. That's still not a tiny market by any means, but nothing like as large as NA or even Indonesia.
As fare i know the most young german can speak german
but they have an domestic german marked

Basically over half of the eu speaks English. Which equates to 250-300mio people.
Should be about the same lvl as Indo, right?!
Doesn't help that some of the largest markets in EU have basically segregated themselves from the broader English speaking internet over the past 20 years (France and Germany especially.)
What does segregated mean? And how did you get that impression? Never heard of an internet segregation.

Edit: I would really like current channel data of viewer countries. Superchat currency is sadly lacking.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
Basically over half of the eu speaks English. Which equates to 250-300mio people.

What does segregated mean? And how did you get that impression? Never heard of an internet segregation.
They have enough native content creators and websites that serves content in their native language that they have no need to spread out across the broader internet and search out English content. They stick to their own enclaves kinda.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
More Serina Crossing right NOW (plus TOTK later) nice thumbnail

Nothing personal Serina but I'd really appreciate it if you changed up that retarded chipmunk lookin face on your character
1694363718493.png

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Hope things get better for Hime.

Gets upsold on California by a bunch of retarded Chinamen

Gets her life ruined

Move out at your earliest convenience. And never trust the Chinese

Last edited:

Not-Username

They have enough native content creators and websites that serves content in their native language that they have no need to spread out across the broader internet and search out English content. They stick to their own enclaves kinda.
That just means that they have their own content. Doesn't mean that there is a segregation.
Also doesn't mean that those appeal to English speaking people of those countries.

Just an example from a creator I watch who is actually open about his viewerbase and has shared data from twitch and YouTube (is himself from England)
His biggest viewerbase on twitch is German
YouTube is (as far as I remember) Indonesia

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
In contrast with all the Myth shit-talk (mainly Gura plus a bit of Myth, but whatever), here's Calli explaining about what they are planning for their anniversary.

Tldr: A collab relay on 14th JST (means 13th EST).

Update:
Waiting room finally up.

Hmm..
1694364508067.png

I'm surprised she's keeping the prechat open.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Most of that number of people have English as their second language. Even then, you have to wonder both how much of that is: a) interested in watching streamers, b) interested in anime, c) even willing to give VTubers the time of day. Historically, the most popular stream times in terms of viewership has been NA primetime.

That is to say, I still think Cover should make a better attempt to break into the market than they have. Just because all of the above is the case, doesn't mean they cannot carve out a dedicated viewership there. I just understand why they haven't tried.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
All of HoloEN is mid and shit, it doesnt compare to the arbiter and saviour of EN Vtubing, Vshoujo and talent freedom

DanishCookies

Horo7618

No one in particular
Then she won't stream for weeks again
No, no the myth anniversary is coming up shortly, we'll surely see her for that. But then? Who the fuck knows.....

Not-Username

Most of that number of people have English as their second language. Even then, you have to wonder both how much of that is: a) interested in watching streamers, b) interested in anime, c) even willing to give VTubers the time of day. Historically, the most popular stream times in terms of viewership has been NA primetime.

That is to say, I still think Cover should make a better attempt to break into the market than they have. Just because all of the above is the case, doesn't mean they cannot carve out a dedicated viewership there. I just understand why they haven't tried.
That argument is valid for any not-na country.
But yeah historically pop culture and entertainment spreads first in na and then swaps over to eu. It's gotten faster/easier with the modern internet.

On (stupid) thing I could think of would be perms.
If they irrationally believe that they need perms per main country sorted it would be a shit show.
Logistics are probably hard enough with Kiara.

Many possible reasons.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
>starts streamed zoomed out and never zooms in at all
>imitates marine and laughs like pekora
>downs a can of beer
>Leaves to go smoke

60c (1).png

Last edited:

ogey_rrat

ogey
As fare i know the most young german can speak german
Well I would hope so, otherwise things might get a bit rough over there.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Fish bad

Resident Lateposter
As a European with plenty of content in my native language, I still only watch English speakers. It sucks how limited the pool of streamers is at normal hours. But I do feel a particular appeal to western European streamers as we share a particular culture, with no one else able to fulfill that niche.

Limkin

Is this the legendary not jpop/anime OP karaoke?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This gura seething and self-defecation-induced-by-rage reminds me of the pointless ayame seething so many people partook in when we were in the homeland, at least the gura seething makes more sense because more of the forum's userbase watches her, the ayame thing never made sense because most people there were EOPs and didn't even watch her when she did stream.

Kinda reminds me of the indonesia concernfagging, which disappeared once they became popular and then very few people cared. Or the Holostars concernfagging, which has now morphed into speculation of why they aren't popular despite the shilling management does for them.

DanishCookies

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom