"I want to make it a matter of course for both society and Vtubers to change jobs to a place where they can sell themselves high 👀, if you are an agent with better contract conditions than Vshojo, please contact us 👀👀👀👀LOL; I mean, VshojoJP is treating me very good right now but if there is an agent that can give me a WAY MORE BETTER contrat, like giving me 1M$ per month sponsership, and if Vshojo couldn't afford more, hell yeah I'm down😏Contracts are BUSINESS after all!😀"Kson

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Negzana

A
Korone has gotten a copy of the infamous kusoge Transformers: Mystery of Comvoy (sic) and will be playing it on Saturday.

Okay this is going to be a fun stream, also maximum :holohag::hololove:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

A
Korone has gotten a copy of the infamous kusoge Transformers: Mystery of Comvoy (sic) and will be playing it on Saturday.

u7g0flu.png

lmao this lil guy made me laugh

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Is it just me or are subathons at best tacky and at worst desperate. Feels like every day a vtuber is announcing one.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Is it just me or are subathons at best tacky and at worst desperate. Feels like every day a vtuber is announcing one.
They work and are an accepted way to do shit in the community compared to other types of donation drive, and for the most part dont require investment (i.e merch) besides a streamer's own time and possibly health if they're retarded

Its honestly a decent way to earn money if you can do one as a chuuba

Negzana

Kaela is back in her element even in Japan, streamed 4 hours and still going strong. She plans on streaming until management catches wind and tells her to stop.

They work and are an accepted way to do shit in the community compared to other types of donation drive, and for the most part dont require investment (i.e merch) besides a streamer's own time and possibly health if they're retarded

Its honestly a decent way to earn money if you can do one as a chuuba

Numberfag in me wants Kaela to do a subathon, but she doesn't care about views/subs at all herself and just wants to game. So I just want to support her streaming all day because that's what really matters.

What I really hope is Kaela does more experimental stuff like Kaelgeskia or Ckia or the Kaela Cinematic experience.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

This is my new favorite clip between the story and Ela's long laughs/facial expressions.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
An anime dog girl told me she believes in me to find enough strength to get through the rest of the week. Now I understand how that wageslave from Helpful Fox Senko-san has felt, it's like you're happy and at the same time you feel slightly embarassed that it was enough to make you happy. Check for yourselves.

lakyus

Unicorns are the most oppressed minority
Early Adopter
Yuno Nightingale with Tokimeki Memorial

Charlemagne

The Eternal Lurker

Kinolime playing CK2 again, and it is most likely the finale per her word since Scotland collapsed, barely owns where Scotland actually is, and is currently in a war for survival against the English.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Highlights from Shiori's cooking sim stream

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Sora made a quick message for getting to 6 years today. Considering all the graduations and messed up stuff that's happened over the years, I'm glad she's not only still around but happy with herself and motivated to keep going.

5194018.jpg

Tomorrow she'll be doing a special acoustic live to celebrate and dropping a new cover afterwards.

All my thanks to her, A-chan and Yagoo for starting this massive home for broken women.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
They feel overdone, I can't bring myself to watch long streams unless they are very interesting. Subathons really do just feel like they come from twitch culture of watching streams for hours and hours where the streamer is more important than the content. Still a valid strategy as long as you can squeeze more money out of retards.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
At Holoive we fuckin love incest fetish bait

:smugpipi:

"Never start your own vtubing agency, because they'll take your money and convert it to lesbianism" - Lia

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter

A

I saw Arino playing that shit, the game is supreme ass i would not even give it to my worst enemy

Talking about the chief wonder if she is going to do the Game Center CX game now that they are going to be avaliable on the switch

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Of course it does. I would expect nothing less from the piss drinker.
Which is funny when you think about the model creation stages, most models should have a nude base they can toggle (since it makes getting outfits easier)
Subathons/donothons used to be great til Ironmouse et all made it acceptable to be "normal" content, now it's the easiest way to be lazy (let's be real) and hope you have enough simps or an oil baron stroll by and make money. Literally peak western culture.

Negzana

Next wave of those plushies are coming. I assume they will have En and Id next. Kind of want the Suisei one but it will sell out before I wake up.

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Did you know that the virtual youtuber wiki currently has about 1,500 entries for virtual youtubers that speak English? If each talent did one subathon every four years you'd still hear about one every day. And that 1,500 entries is an underestimation - how many one-views aren't big enough to have an entry on the wiki? Our resident poster/vtuber Murray doesn't have an entry yet, for example.

As for subathons themselves, I actually don't mind them, providing they're done sparingly by an individual talent and there's a good underlying goal. For a watcher, there can be lots of extra content than what you'd normally get, collabs, and vtubers doing things they might not otherwise do that I would find entertaining. And a lot of talents use the opportunity to improve stream quality, such as new computer equipment, new assets, and so forth. And if there's something I don't like about the donothon or the person running it, well, it's easy enough to not donate or find alternate content. I don't see the problem.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
As for subathons themselves, I actually don't mind them, providing they're done sparingly by an individual talent
Therein-lies the problem. They do it as regular content now lol. You can guarantee to see someone do a donothon or subathon every other week at this point.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Is the same person doing subathons repeatedly? Or are you following a fairly large group of vtubers and you hear about a different talent doing a different donothon every week?
Generally the same set of people I follow have them near constantly. I ignore September because of the "Subtember" shit Twitch does. I'm in the mind that if it happens every couple of months or even a year or on milestones (i.e anniversary or bday) it's cool, but sometimes people start donothons for the smallest of things so it feels like it happens far too often.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Cover searching for people to help with liscencing
So they FINALLY are searching more Takeshis.

Top Bottom