"There's no need for hygiene, if you ask me. Life and death are in God's hands"Kobo Kanaeru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Does gen 1 even count? Didn't mel claim she was supposed to be a solo debutant in holotalk but she got shoved in gen 1 after chris got the boot? The fact that she debuted a month or so before the rest of her genmates seems to prove her claims tbh.
Mel debuted in May, but Chris was fired in late June, though?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Mel debuted in May, but Chris was fired in late June, though?
Chris was fired before she even debuted no? Or like shortly after? It would be easy to just claim "Oh yeah mel is first gen" no?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Chris was fired before she even debuted no? Or like shortly after? It would be easy to just claim "Oh yeah mel is first gen" no?
Chris debuted in early June. I don't know if she had anything more than just her debut stream, though.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
1693540269744.png
This feels more applicable to those "self-proclaim" Stars fans (not referring to any of you btw). Seen many of them lurking on reddit and YT clip comments complaining about how Stars aren't popular and keep "encouraging" more people to watch them, but I doubt they themselves actually watch their streams.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

RiverBear

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
So that's Suisei with a Hatsune Miku hair, right?
kek no, the face doesnt match, the only thing that maybe could be close was Azki v1 but she stopped using that model millenia ago, i dont know what yagoo is cooking because we can assume is a gen, but a gen of what

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
iirc, gen 1 and gen 2 debut dates wildly varies, so it used to be like that.

There's a reason their gen doesn't have that kind of theme going on for them, probably Hololive just slowly debuting when they are just starting up. Most of the girls says that Hololive used to be like that suspicious company.

Aki remembers her debut, being given a phone and just told to do a debut without any support, in hindsight gen 1 and gen 2 is an experiment.

Also an odd number of debuts is better to be seen rather than an even one imo, easier to pick the pack leader i guess.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
View attachment 42982
So they all have the same theme huh? This is so weird, having talents ditch their usually very distinct outfits for rather similar uniforms, though each one does have a different design and may have different colors for all we know, these images seem to have been monochromed and then passed through a color filter.

/vt/ status: Seething because 3 out of 4 are pettan :SelenHAHAhere:
this could actually be clever depending on what comes after. Imagine you are cover and trying to get out a new wave and minimize costs sharing a baseline outfit saves time and cash and they can get something more distinct later if they stick around.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
View attachment 42982
So they all have the same theme huh? This is so weird, having talents ditch their usually very distinct outfits for rather similar uniforms, though each one does have a different design and may have different colors for all we know, these images seem to have been monochromed and then passed through a color filter.

/vt/ status: Seething because 3 out of 4 are pettan :SelenHAHAhere:
the brown one is almost dead to rights matsuri, going by flat the others could be
  • suisei
  • fubuki
  • shion
  • kanata
  • towa
  • laplus
  • gura
  • ina
  • zeta
  • kobo
Who knows what it is at this point, I liked the idea of a mixed singing group but all of them seem to girls so an actual idol unit? or a e-sport group with matching outfits for branding? remember team siren? :whatastory:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
iirc, gen 1 and gen 2 debut dates wildly varies, so it used to be like that.

There's a reason their gen doesn't have that kind of theme going on for them, probably Hololive just slowly debuting when they are just starting up. Most of the girls says that Hololive used to be like that suspicious company.
But they DO have a theme, if you really look at gen 1's designs, they're all schoolgirls! (or similar) Except mel! but including chris!

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Guess tod's new game wasn't up to the lumi standard.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Lia did this stream earlier today.

I saw some concern earlier about what the stream was actually about. It was basically a chatting stream with a focus on how Lia and chat interacts with eachother, with a theme of Lia executing people for various forms of wrongdoing through saying "wrong things" in her chat. Lots of shitposting directed towards Lia and Lia threatening chat in return. Pretty standard for a Lia stream, and nothing has changed. Overall, pretty fun.

electronic elephant

"I am uncontrollable. I cannot be managed."—Vesper
Early Adopter
I recently discovered that a forum I lurk on has a fairly large vtuber thread with a couple thousand pages and few vtuber drama threads with a few hundred total pages. It's interesting to see how much of a boogeyman /vt/ and unicorns are to the people there. Anything less than total support for collabs between holomales and holofemales must be a 4chan psyop.

(Also, don't bother trying to find me in there. Once I decided to post about it here, I committed to never posting in that thread.)

Yeah do you have a Screenshot, I don't want to make an account for a forum that I only see once.
I didn't realize you needed an account to view that section.
Here's a couple recent posts:
So uh HLZNTL (Holoizontal) is having quite the negative reception atm. Before anyone asks no it's not just unicorns being mad again people in general just seem lukewarm to it in general. A lot of people find it rather superfluous as a project since the grand majority of Holos already focus a lot on gaming and theirs concerns that it's just forcing talents who aren't competitive gamers into the competitive e-sports market regardless of whether they're even interested in it.

Overwatch 2 received a mixed reception beyond just unicorns and shitposters throwing a fit as people found IRyS, Chloe, and Lui rather out of place and very out of their element during the game (the sheer gap in performance also wasn't helping). From what I'm gathering in terms of response the most popular complaint is that it just feels like souless corporate shilling of popular competitive games and Hololive attempting to chase VSPO's niche. A trying to fit a square peg into round shaped hole sort of situation for people.

I will preface this by saying none of the talents said their being forced to participate but according to Nene and Lui's members stream theirs definitely a push by management and a fair amount of requests to everyone to participate even to the non-gamer Holos rather than it being a self application/volunteer sort of thing.
I think you need to provide evidence for that. It really just sounds like a weird narrative from 4chan. I'm taking that with a grain of salt. Hololive antis and unicorns tend to spin their own narrative to justify their own hate.
And similar discussion followed for a page or so.

Last edited:

USS IOWA

I recently discovered that a forum I lurk on has a fairly large vtuber thread with a couple thousand pages and few vtuber drama threads with a few hundred total pages. It's interesting to see how much of a boogeyman /vt/ and unicorns are to the people there. Anything less than total support for collabs between holomales and holofemales must be a 4chan psyop.

(Also, don't bother trying to find me in there. Once I decided to post about it here, I committed to never posting in that thread.)
Yeah do you have a Screenshot, I don't want to make an account for a forum that I only see once.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Wow blast from the past, I remember downloading fan-created borg cubs vs imperial stardestroyer vids from there back in the day and debating different scifi universe firepower calculations.. this board is still alive? gGd I wasted so much time back then..

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
https://forums.spacebattles.com/thr...hread-watch-like-and-comment.1081023/page-117
Wow. A competitor to our asylum? I guess its finally time to send our secret weapon on their land. The Nolan Crush

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Last edited:

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
11bf322d4a08800259eb97ba65d3b1071b5a1c309c50a35172545e65f43a6699.png
I fail to see the problem with this. Bau Bau!

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I didn't realize you needed an account to view that section.
Here's a couple recent posts:

And similar discussion followed for a page or so.
I'm surprised it took you that long to find it. I don't have an account there, but it's one of them I've read some when I was looking for discussion spots. They're generally fairly sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom