"I have to go lick Lui-chan fast!"Oozora Subaru

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
If so then why even bother with the avatar?
I'd say it makes sense for people who value their anonymity. Even if most people in the industry end up getting doxed, anyway. I see it as a good alternative to using a webcam for normal streamers, but others don't seem to.

Otherwise, I care about kayfabe when the lore is actually interesting and things can be done with it. Like, Myth's lore gave them a lot of possibilities, but Kronii and Bae are head scratchers. Like how much can you realistically play into the Time and Chaos thing before it gets repetitive? I think Shiori abd Nerissa might end up having the same issue.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I'd say it makes sense for people who value their anonymity. Even if most people in the industry end up getting doxed, anyway. I see it as a good alternative to using a webcam for normal streamers, but others don't seem to.

Otherwise, I care about kayfabe when the lore is actually interesting and things can be done with it. Like, Myth's lore gave them a lot of possibilities, but Kronii and Bae are head scratchers. Like how much can you realistically play into the Time and Chaos thing before it gets repetitive? I think Shiori abd Nerissa might end up having the same issue.
Except for freaks that hang out on forms to talk about vtubers, I doubt the average viewer digs too deep, if at all, in their past lives

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Mozumi Pichi is live EDIT: before you read further down keep in mind that this is also a drawing stream

She's drinking her own piss
1693249368628.png
1693249406440.png

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Maybe if you fags watched her sponsored Genshin stream she wouldn't be so broke!
If you spent less time posting and more time streaming you wouldn't be so broke.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Yesterday i had a nightmare thanks to this whole Holostars debacle.In Stars EN 3 one of the members is a literal black man from Nigeria.
Good timing for this quote to show up
74912.jpg

Porean

Lavender Spider Lover & Tsunderia Scholar
Early Adopter

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
This leads me to a funny thought. Are there chuubas that have actually been "fixed" by being a chuuba? If so, who would you say?

And by fixed, I mean de-menhera'd.
Not sure if she counts, but Kiara has really mellowed out.
She used to be always getting salty when losing, doomposting, numberfagging... the works.
But now she's pretty chill all things considered.

One of my favorite character development arcs.

Seconding Kiara despite insecurities is fairly normal now. Brushes off things that would bother a normal creator, nevermind things that would bother the more menhera people. She's a long way from where she started off.
Feels like her irl support network did most of the work but being a chuuba seemed to keep her going until she could get home.

As for the rarer candidates...
Polka seems to be doing better these days.
Delutaya is far stronger now than she was before, though vtubing also helped destroy her so I don't know what the score is there. But definitely being a public face gave her support she wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
Pippa has improved, on the balance. I think it's been more positive than negative anyway.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
2024 will be the year of The Final Yab, I know and accept that fact. 2024 is going to make 2020 look like a picnic in how much shit get stirred and how big of upsets that happen.

I just hope Hololive manages to stay away from the shitstorm
US election year, trump vs biden. im plannin vtubin memes for it. bc why not?

Maybe if you fags watched her sponsored Genshin stream she wouldn't be so broke!
its true! she had sub 100 it was sad

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I wish to apologize to all Vshojo members other than froot. It could be worse indeed.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I dont know what is worse. Her drinking her own piss or certain chatters acting as it was a normal thing to do.
Give my fellow Mozumites some credit, a lot of them are having pretty normal reactions to this stream
1693251370883.png

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
Is the avatar really just a gimmick? Just a stupid gimmick that adding or removing does nothing for the content? If so then why even bother with the avatar? Or joining a corpo? Just stream like any other twitch goblin and target the much bigger audience there is for non-weeb shit.

Idk about other people in this forum, but I think being a vtuber should mean something, I have said it before but for me the appeal is the fundamental dichotomy between character and real person, which is probably why I don't care much for nijis since their style skews much farther to the "real person" side. This is kinda like people who don't understand wrestling because "it's just musclemen in stupid costumes right?" Kayfabe has always been the most important but most overlooked aspect of this medium.
It is just a gimmick. They are just more honest streamers. While Pokimane is pretending to be a nice wholesome person, Gura is pretending to be a shark.

It also adds possible cool shit with the puppeteering.

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I never got why people get angry at the "Meloco and Kotoka circumvented TVA" when Niji probably knew what it was getting and what they wanted when they hired two JP ESLs for EN, did they both hide the JP ESL till last second or is it just shitposting mixed with some salt at the engrish/JP streams
It's because there were likely plenty of talented, actually non JP indies that could have gotten those slots. They just didn't want to put in the short work going through VTA and would have been on top and could focus on JP, like they do now at times and sprinkle in English, rather than vice versa.
There's most likely a Schindler's List-long list of JPs waiting to get into VTA, I'm assuming more than a dozen are also EN-fluent or close enough (ala Meloco) thus this is expected chaffing of sorts. Also a black company run with as many dubious rules and double-meaning regulations as Anycolor has at this point in time garnered a dedicated army of antis.
Especially when you take into consideration Kotoka tried her damndest to pretend she wasn't JP or living in Japan but had to openly drop the act, so that's part of what fueled it because opesec and all that but none of the other NijiEN hires went to that extent. Even Yugo when she got in didn't hide it, to the point she got harassed by JP people for not being "typical" during emergencies.
Level tank to get an FFXIV girl, got it.
I mean, as much of a meme as this is to say, this has literally been the case every time.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
maybe don't fucking move countries when you don't have fuck you money? or move to a shithole south of the US I hear el salvador is looking up :ironmousekek::ironmousekek::ironmousekek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom