"If you want to rotmaxxing, you should rotmaxxing at home. If you want to go out, you should shower"Remilia Nephys

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Negzana

I'm gonna mcfucking kill myself [IN MINECRAFT]

I tried to turn this into a joke about VTubing being an inclusive, welcoming space, with no place for dang ol' bigots like us, but I can't

Please look forward to next year's wave of insanity
2024 will be the year of The Final Yab, I know and accept that fact. 2024 is going to make 2020 look like a picnic in how much shit get stirred and how big of upsets that happen.

I just hope Hololive manages to stay away from the shitstorm

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I would like to preface this and further cases of identity theft with the following:

I am a good boy, I didn't do anything wrong.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
It's even worse how they'll first go to the Wikipedia article and see this early on and right in the main section of the page as if it's important or relevant whatsoever:

" Some VTubers, particularly those from marginalized communities, choose to use avatars to reflect their online identity for personal comfort and safety reasons.[8][9] Transgender VTubers may use their avatars as a means to better reflect their preferred presentation to their audience.[10]"
One of the best parts of this hobby is being able to get away from bullshit with "marginalized communities" including my own. The internet seems very determined to continue shoving it in my face though.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Negzana

One of the best parts of this hobby is being able to get away from bullshit with "marginalized communities" including my own. The internet seems very determined to continue shoving it in my face though.
Hololive has been holding strong thanks the fact that it is Japanese company with a chunk of its talents living in an ultraconservative Islamic dungheap.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I knew it, Buddies are becoming an official mini-corpo.
Who's gonna run it though. Collective administration models almost always, without exception, turn into runaway drama hindenburgs.

I never got why people get angry at the "Meloco and Kotoka circumvented TVA" when Niji probably knew what it was getting and what they wanted when they hired two JP ESLs for EN, did they both hide the JP ESL till last second or is it just shitposting mixed with some salt at the engrish/JP streams

There's most likely a Schindler's List-long list of JPs waiting to get into VTA, I'm assuming more than a dozen are also EN-fluent or close enough (ala Meloco) thus this is expected chaffing of sorts. Also a black company run with as many dubious rules and double-meaning regulations as Anycolor has at this point in time garnered a dedicated army of antis.

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
even the bau bau have a one year later backup plan that we have to be wary of

There's no way they would give up on the opportunity to do 3D concerts as 3D dogs, even if they still want to do flesh idoling. That market is way too "mainstream(In Japan)" for them to ever get anywhere close in popularity to what they can get as vtubers and at some point, they do have to earn money to be comfortable in their hagging days. It would be more worrying if their desired/background project was just being a fleshtuber.

Also I would add that almost all the holo members had they down and nearly quitted, it's a miracle that there was always someone to "save them" (eg Achan for Suisei, dedicated fan for Aki...), unfortunately there was no one for the bros...

The thing is that no one was going to ever save Vesper. That man can't function in society. And so far, it seems like Magni did not want to be "saved". He did what Mori was often accused of. Just wanting to grow her OG channel while halfassing the vtubing.

Talking a bit more generally about maletubing in EN, since Cover seems to really not want to enter the BFE market, they really needed to just go for bro streamers and they partially hit it with Axel, Vesper and kindof(Notreally) with Magni(The femboy). Altare was a massive mistake.
They ended up being relatively successful in their own way, but there's literally no reason for HoloStars to be barely successful when the biggest streamers in general are male. They just needed to actually go for that market instead of staying middle of the road. They clearly didn't learn their lesson because their second release still had "pretty boys" instead of just having a generation full of toxic gamer orcs or some shit.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Altare was a massive mistake.
I don't get this take. Regardless of how much of a femboy people here and /vt/ seem to think this guy is, he is also the most-subbed of all of StarsEN and clearly cared more about the success of Stars than Vesper or Magni since he is still there. People seem to think his content is like vox-style blowjob asmr or something when it isn't any different from the rest of HQ.

I think people downplay how much Vesper royally fucked with Stars' synergy after his initial suspension and then antisocial tantrum the months during and after his Japan trip.

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud

Guy's looking a lot more orb-shaped these days, but here's Minchi adding some angles back onto him.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
That is actually such a cute art.

20230828_135240.jpg
Source

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Talking a bit more generally about maletubing in EN, since Cover seems to really not want to enter the BFE market, they really needed to just go for bro streamers and they partially hit it with Axel, Vesper and kindof(Notreally) with Magni(The femboy). Altare was a massive mistake.
They ended up being relatively successful in their own way, but there's literally no reason for HoloStars to be barely successful when the biggest streamers in general are male. They just needed to actually go for that market instead of staying middle of the road. They clearly didn't learn their lesson because their second release still had "pretty boys" instead of just having a generation full of toxic gamer orcs or some shit.
Or maybe we could accept the idea that male vtubing outside of BFE is just not viable? What does the avatar really add to that if the person is just being a normal guy? Then it's just a gimmick I guess? It worked in japan with Niji's JP males, but I'm guessing that's because japan is more accepting of vtubing as a concept in general and there's more people that are into it for things other than lusting for an anime character?

Limkin

One time I tuned into Altare's stream he was doing RP where he was feeding his viewers regurgitated food. Never clicked on him again

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
I don't get this take. Regardless of how much of a femboy people here and /vt/ seem to think this guy is, he is also the most-subbed of all of StarsEN and clearly cared more about the success of Stars than Vesper or Magni since he is still there. People seem to think his content is like vox-style blowjob asmr or something when it isn't any different from the rest of HQ.

I think people downplay how much Vesper royally fucked with Stars' synergy after his initial suspension and then antisocial tantrum the months during and after his Japan trip.
Oh, don't misunderstand me. Altare is a success relative to how HoloStar does. He was kind of the Shiori of his gen. Everyone shat on his femboy persona, but then he turned it around in his actual streams.

The problem is that, their amount of success is not not where a branch under Cover should be, male or no male. HoloStars just has a horrible direction that will continue to hard cap them until they either embrace the fujo shit or stop fucking around and go full brotuber.

Or maybe we could accept the idea that male vtubing outside of BFE is just not viable? What does the avatar really add to that if the person is just being a normal guy? Then it's just a gimmick I guess? It worked in japan with Niji's JP males, but I'm guessing that's because japan is more accepting of vtubing as a concept in general and there's more people that are into it for things other than lusting for an anime character?
The most popular streamers in general are male. Slapping an anime avatar on them shouldn't change things much if you are still there for the streamer. IF they really don't want to do BFE shit, they have to do that and fix the direction of their recruiting.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Altare just tried too hard with his bits for me to be able to enjoy it, his haha "walks at 3am" and malding about leauge didnt really click with me and his voice sounds faggy

The last time i watched him was the recent Green Hell collab where he just didnt do shit while having scuffed discord audio while Shinri, Bettel, and Birdspic were being fucking retarded cavemen, that sold me the content of Tempus DLC like the farming sim collab did

Good Ol' Chum

Sanest Chumbud

As much as I like Vesper, I can't really defend his big manhera moment right there. It's absolutely the thing that broke the original Tempus brotherhood we all felt at the start. All their weekly collab streams just poofed into dust just like that, and HQ's relations never quite recovered at all, not even all the way up till Vesper and Magni's graduations.

Still, while I acknowledge Altare's efforts to do interesting streams and the like, he just isn't as fun for me to watch as either Ves or Mag. And entertainment always trumps everything else in the end. It's why we watch Vtubers and also why we're all here in the first place.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Altare just tried too hard with his bits for me to be able to enjoy it, his haha "walks at 3am" and malding about leauge didnt really click with me and his voice sounds faggy
Yeah I don't like Altare, but my point was other people clearly do. I think he is fucking boring, personally. But Tempus really died for me after Vesper fucked up, anyway.

Oh, don't misunderstand me. Altare is a success relative to how HoloStar does. He was kind of the Shiori of his gen. Everyone shat on his femboy persona, but then he turned it around in his actual streams.

The problem is that, their amount of success is not not where a branch under Cover should be, male or no male. HoloStars just has a horrible direction that will continue to hard cap them until they either embrace the fujo shit or stop fucking around and go full brotuber.
That's fair. I am honestly with @Nenelove, though. I don't think brotubers will attract anyone or get them any significant popularity. I'd rather watch a real male streamer, at that point.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
1fps Panko playing Chilla's Art VTuber game right now:

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
That's fair. I am honestly with @Nenelove, though. I don't think brotubers will attract anyone or get them any significant popularity. I'd rather watch a real male streamer, at that point.
Well, thats kind of the whole shtick with Randon. We just need a schizoid brotuber that can actually function in society. Magni only worked because you couldn't actually see the femboy and it seemed like just a bit. He is full Twitched out now and part of "that group".

This middle of the road approach is not gonna work and seeing the numbers they are pulling now, maybe the whole HoloStars EN experiment is over.

Top Bottom