"OK husband. All OK future in believe to you."Momosuzu Nene

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter

Short

God Damn the Sun
penchiIIa m.pngmuhyohyo m.pngChinchilla in 10 minutes!!!muhyohyo.pngpenchiIIa.png

chinchilla m.pngClip from the last stream!chinchilla.png

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
The general conversation about Stars EN not being popular enough for talents to stay reminds me of when HoloID was considered an experimental or side branch. I don't see people disparaging the ID branch anymore and it's clear Cover supports everyone.

Anyways - here are some benefits that most indies don't have:
  • Large name artists directly interact with talents and often shill their streams, generating interest. Most of the time it's the artists that worked on the character but sometimes people like Pako come along.
  • Speaking of artists, the amount of free art that Hololive/Stars talents generate is well above most indies. Even if someone only likes one person in a wave or gen they will often draw everyone. Plus, other Stars/Holos will often draw talents.
  • A manager, they do a ton of stuff that talents probably don't want to and don't exist to reject ideas like some categorize. Even an organized person like Kson hired a personal manager.
  • While companies mean obligations they also mean free marketing, large scale events and logistics, and both internal and external networking. One example: Vesper meet Magni though Hololive. Another example, Holofest had Stars on display and included them throughout. An outside example is when Gunrun helped Kson find a 3d studio for her live.
  • Name and brand recognition. Yeah, the Stars are not superstars and may never be but if you believe that a neutral party would rather collab with Randon vs. Vesper then one of us should take their meds.
  • Merch, new outfits, new models if you complain enough, technical support (Ame got Cover techs to look at her home 3D setup), funding for projects, and I bet it's easier to get business benefits as a contracted employee vs. independent creator - depending where you live. Niji, VSPO, Vshojo and more all provide these things.

Vesper sounded a lot like Pippa when she was fighting with management about everything. That management is the same one she now credits as being vital to Phase not imploding. Hope it works out for the boys, yet to say that being Stars was somehow beneath them is comparing apples to oranges. IMO they abandoned Tempus but it's unlikely we will ever find out why they left.

In other Stars news, Uyu has been playing Rust on the Stars server for close to 3 days straight. 12 hour stream after 12 hour stream and is live now

Last edited:

Lazybug

Punished bug girl lover
I swear to God anyone who grew up watching channel awesome stuff is doomed to forever bring it up literally all the time

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
In other Stars news, Uyu has been playing Rust on the Stars server for close to 3 days straight. 12 hour stream after 12 hour stream and is live now
He streamed for around 40 hours during the first day of the server opening too, he probably would be committed to the bit if he didn't die from staring at the computer for a full week just for rust

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
The general conversation about Stars EN not being popular enough for talents to stay reminds me of when HoloID was considered an experimental or side branch. I don't see people disparaging the ID branch anymore and it's clear Cover supports everyone.

Anyways - here are some benefits that most indies don't have:
  • Large name artists directly interact with talents and often shill their streams, generating interest. Most of the time it's the artists that worked on the character but sometimes people like Pako come along.
  • Speaking of artists, the amount of free art that Hololive/Stars talents generate is well above most indies. Even if someone only likes one person in a wave or gen they will often draw everyone. Plus, other Stars/Holos will often draw talents.
  • A manager, they do a ton of stuff that talents probably don't want to and don't exist to reject ideas like some categorize. Even an organized person like Kson hired a personal manager.
  • While companies mean obligations they also mean free marketing, large scale events and logistics, and both internal and external networking. One example: Vesper meet Magni though Hololive. Another example, Holofest had Stars on display and included them throughout. An outside example is when Gunrun helped Kson find a 3d studio for her live.
  • Name and brand recognition. Yeah, the Stars are not superstars and may never be but if you believe that a neutral party would rather collab with Randon vs. Vesper then one of us should take their meds.
  • Merch, new outfits, new models if you complain enough, technical support (Ame got Cover techs to look at her home 3D setup), funding for projects, and I bet it's easier to get business benefits as a contracted employee vs. independent creator - depending where you live. Niji, VSPO, Vshojo and more all provide these things.

Vesper sounded a lot like Pippa when she was fighting with management about everything. That management is the same one she now credits as being vital to Phase not imploding. Hope it works out for the boys, yet to say that being Stars was somehow beneath them is comparing apples to oranges. IMO they abandoned Tempus but it's unlikely we will ever find out why they left.

I agree. I believe the Stars gets ample support from the management.
  1. Sponsors
  2. New outfits, at least the JP branch does. It's weird that none of the Tempus has gotten new outfits yet though. I wonder if Magni and Vesper's new model (which are now a waste) plays some role in it.
  3. 3D models
  4. Concert, but less than the girls, though some might consider that a good thing as it gives them more time to stream.
  5. Merch, though I heard that some of the Stars are starting to produce "template" merch instead of personally-designed merch, can anyone confirm?
  6. Advertisement. I remember Uproar being advertised on billboards all over Japan.
  7. They used to have their own version of Hologra but it was discontinued for some reason?

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
But for real though, who the hell was @Would ?

We have all been @Would at various shameful times in our lives.

Kson, all over again. Money over artistry

Do you really think Kson in Vshojo is making more money than Coco did in Hololive? What about more than Coco would be making if she was still doing her thing?

I mean, she probably deserves it more than Gura does, this year. Most any VTuber does more than Gura over the last year. This is just funnier and award ceremonies are an asskissing event.

I was just about to post this. This has not been the year of the shark. I know nobody with brains takes awards shows seriously anymore but ti would have been nice to see someone win who's actually been putting in the work, not just cashing in every few weeks.

I really cannot fathom wtf this even is. Music? A concert? An App? A game? A new gen? A music unit? The only hints we got was the logo of this thing appearing as an app in a phone so maybe it's some kind of program or game? They already have Holoearth and Hololy so idk what they need another of either.

Watch it be more non-vtuber-related nonsense that nobody wants and everyone will promptly forget about. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised though.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
I will kill myself
I mean, maybe that's the way to fix Vshojo - Nyanners, Silvervale and the rest of the bitches will leave one by one and get replaced by actually good and entertaining vtubers like Henyamee and Nina? At some point Hime Hajime will become the second oldest member after Ironmouse simply because Sydney forgot she's still a member.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Me when I'm retarded:
Can someone spoonfeed me? What's Channel Awesome?

The saga continues!
Apparently our friend the music-GOD commented this and then deleted it (when he got backlash) in some dramafag's channel (Got the info in /vt/ so take that as you will, I struggle to think this man is backing down already, too late bro but at least you tried)
1693209643685.png

Last edited:

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Vesper sounded a lot like Pippa when she was fighting with management about everything. That management is the same one she now credits as being vital to Phase not imploding
You have it wrong. The initial management were assholes/bad to the point that all the girls were ready to walk out, airi confirmed this too on one stream. Things changed for the better when fishman hired muumi and from what pippa said the old management left or were fired.
Perks are only useful if the person finds value in them and for people like magni and vesper they aren't that important. They're niggas who are very set on doing things their way, they stuck around a year but if the negatives outweigh the positives then why stick around.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Me when I'm retarded:

The saga continues!
Apparently our friend the music-GOD commented this and then deleted it in some dramafag's channel (Got the info in /vt/ so take that as you will, I struggle to think this man is backing down already, too late bro but at least you tried)
View attachment 42476
holy backpedalling batman, this goes against what he said on twitter.

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
The saga continues!
Apparently our friend the music-GOD commented this and then deleted it in some dramafag's channel (Got the info in /vt/ so take that as you will, I struggle to think this man is backing down already, too late bro but at least you tried)
View attachment 42476
This guy is unironically emitting super duper levels of vtuber hate but unironically? What the fuck did Mori do to this man kill his firstborn son?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This guy is unironically emitting super duper levels of vtuber hate but unironically? What the fuck did Mori do to this man kill his firstborn son?
She unfollowed him on twatter and removed his music from her intro, justwiggerthings. The dude probably realized he fucked up bigtime and is now doing half hearted attempts at backpedaling, but this community is fucking unforgiving and holds grudges, he's dead in the water already.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Merch, though I heard that some of the Stars are starting to produce "template" merch instead of personally-designed merch, can anyone confirm?
This was enforced starting this year from Rikka's birthday onwards, also mentioning that anniversary merch is no longer mandatory
Though for template merchs they still get one slot for a personalized merch in addition to it (like how Izuru provided a t-shirt with his drawing) so it's not a total downgrade, just less stuff to deal with

They used to have their own version of Hologra but it was discontinued for some reason?
It got turned into shorts instead, which would sometimes have new content (usually it's mostly clips of their past hologra stuff)

The part about sponsorship opportunity still remains true to this day though, they're still part of the yearly AGF(Animate Girls Festival) event which is one of the bigger events for female-oriented media in Japan

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
I mean that's their entire philosophy no? Grab people who are already popular and leech off of their pre-established fanbases.

In other news, witness this random redditor who posts long-ass reports on the vtuber community (that nobody reads) have a FUCKING MENTAL BREAKDOWN over the Holo concert being offered for free and Holo fixing their PR disaster in one swift move.
<WARNING> VERY SCHIZOPHRENIC RANT BELOW <WARNING>

Just a little taste if you don't like going to leddit:
View attachment 42400

Goddamn, this dude has prime Chris-chan energy.

Anyone know who this is? Apparently they are having the shittiest week of their streaming career getting hacked and doxed and now they're giving up.

Archive

He's a retarded furry fäggot that uses a basic password because he's having a hard time remembering it thrn gets surprised he gets doxxed and hacked over it.
:whatastory:

2f66f55ff8f0c546b24d54a21da2e98111dadcbe359d3428fd75d65a77f80b7d.jpg

its-funny-because-shes-fat.jpg

Here's some minor drama that I found amusing: BradTasteInMusic is a music critic who gained a significant presence from shitting on Demondice/Mori, and I recall him being discussed a bit in the homeland thread last year. He initially discovered her when a viewer sent in Snake Eyes (the "Jesus Jesus Japanesus" song she'd long disowned beforehand) to one of his music review streams, and he's since milked that attention by doing listen-along streams shitting over her entire discographies under both personas, and covers new Mori albums almost immediately after release. He has at least six videos about her on his main YouTube channel, to my count - with some of his criticisms of her include "appropriating black culture" (even though her music's obviously more inspired by Japanese rap than black rap), and in his video about her most recent EP he says her music feels soulless and manufactured, while his friend in the Discord call with him who likes Mori is still having to explain basic things about how the Japanese vtuber industry works.

Why do I bring this up? Well, he's now discovering that building your career off shitting on people attracts the attention of other people who enjoy shitting on people, and making digs at things that are popular in Japan encourages """Asian hate""":

I don't care to preach about "negativity" (even if pretty much everything he says about pink woman is either Twitter bullshit or musical pseudo-intellectualism), but it is fascinating watching him complain about his viewers doing the exact same thing he does, now it's presumably looking bad on him that his fans are review-bombing albums he's covered.

and Yamanbas listen to that fag? I've shit on holo music but if anything I can always commend calli for is that in her music there's actual feelings behind what she produces every time. I may not like it but to say her music is soulless is just being a disingenuous fag or a retard. To this day I don't understand how music critics are a thing to the degree that they make a living off of it. At most I can see people recommending music as a more legit thing instead of a femboy telling you something is garbage because the artist spoke ingrish before.
*checking something femboy
are we really adding f_aggot to the word filter? really?

This fäggot needs some :lean: up his butt. Funny that Karen still ain't giving him any attention, main reason he's seething whenever she releases something.

just how big was he before joining holo? maybe after his year there he just saw he was making around the same money while having to put up with his faggy manager and corpo overlords that he just decided to jump ship with magni. Same thing with magni, he seemed to have a large fanbase so I don't see why he would stick around if the money was the same and he already got what he wanted, friends that he can still talk to.
The other dudes don't seem to have a decent fanbase before joining holo right? so it would make sense why they would stick around.
no one really watches stars, most holo fans and people who auditioned probably never watched any star aside from winning son.

I still think it was a mix of money and corpo bullshit, they had a nice group but ever since vesper told takeshi that they needed at least 5 nukes the vibe died. I think from then on vesper and magni started to look at the door but tried to maybe get a better deal to stay, maybe they even fought for the leash to be loosened but they got told to fuck off and they obliged.
I mean in almost every vesper stream I watched, the dude was "can I say this" still said it but probably kept getting nagged to keep the clean idoru image for the company but these were dudes, unless you're a raging fag like altare the core audience will laugh their ass off and keep tuning in. I watched a bit from his last stream today and while discussing time in a fantasy setting he basically said retards wouldn't get anything if it wasn't time like we know, funny bit but he'd probably get a nice vacation out of that comment in holo.:whatastory:

Someone explained earlier that male vtubers have debuffs because it's harder for them to connect to an audience that is predominantly male and thr females that will watch you are fujos and autists. Magni and Vesper broke some of that stigma because of how entertaining and autistic they are. The problem is that Stars management don't know how to handle them and with the perms issue having an effect on what they want to stream. Watching Randon's latest streams show how he is if he's able to do and say whatever he wants. It's like a throwback to early 2010 youtube let's plays where they play a game and just goes on an unhinged tangent. I can see them developing an audience. Hopefully Cover learns from this.

Of course she'll ghost, that was predicted. Anyway, "Streamy" awards...sounds like a pissing contest anyway.

OIP (2).jpg

DID SOMEONE SAY PISS?

Moth Enjoyer V2

Bug girl lover

stassy

Some people are also used to the freedom of being an indie

They maybe thought they could continue doing their old content but with just the Hololive banner, but we all know they can't do that because of Japanese sensibilities

Some people just arent cut for the corporate life and that's fine. It just sucks for their fans though
At least he know about it, feeling remorse is the least he can show until he drop the google doc :

The problem on the EN vtuber corpo side now is unless you have a major mental/physical issue that you can disclose, everyone will scope the new participants for a year until the contract end to check if they are worth following, there is no point wasting your time watching someone that will quit early without being dedicated in the company objectives (even the bau bau have a one year later backup plan that we have to be wary of).

Also I would add that almost all the holo members had they down and nearly quitted, it's a miracle that there was always someone to "save them" (eg Achan for Suisei, dedicated fan for Aki...), unfortunately there was no one for the bros...

Top Bottom