"Yes! I'm full of positive energy today too! Genki genki, and the source of this energy... ALCOHOL"Juufuutei Raden

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Stunned But Dumb

"Damn guys Irys couldnt get the perms for this song she wanted to cover because Dimitri Jap Maan Tiing was a debate champion in his middle school days.
I mean I get it. ANytime a talent wants to argue perms or contractual issues, the corpo summons the one... the only... King Of Japanese Debate... Dimitri Jap Maan Ting to settle things down.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
I know the usual way is to click the notification in chat and select allow gifts but I learned a neat little trick thanks to Cheri. Every channel has a link you can type in to accept gifts from the start. I went through my subscription list and enabled everything beforehand.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/@CheriLupina/allow_gifts

Just add /allow_gifts to the end of a channel and it will give you the prompt.
*except if you are in zones that dont allow you to join memberships

If you get the prompt of "this channel dont allow gift subs" or whatever use any vpn, connect it to the USA and try again

Edit: now i get why he did not like his v1

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
*except if you are in zones that dont allow you to join memberships

If you get the prompt of "this channel dont allow gift subs" or whatever use any vpn, connect it to the USA and try again

Edit: now i get why he did not like his v1

just how big was he before joining holo? maybe after his year there he just saw he was making around the same money while having to put up with his faggy manager and corpo overlords that he just decided to jump ship with magni. Same thing with magni, he seemed to have a large fanbase so I don't see why he would stick around if the money was the same and he already got what he wanted, friends that he can still talk to.
The other dudes don't seem to have a decent fanbase before joining holo right? so it would make sense why they would stick around.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
just how big was he before joining holo? maybe after his year there he just saw he was making around the same money while having to put up with his faggy manager and corpo overlords that he just decided to jump ship with magni. Same thing with magni, he seemed to have a large fanbase so I don't see why he would stick around if the money was the same and he already got what he wanted, friends that he can still talk to.
The other dudes don't seem to have a decent fanbase before joining holo right? so it would make sense why they would stick around.
Kson, all over again. Money over artistry

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
I mean I get it. ANytime a talent wants to argue perms or contractual issues, the corpo summons the one... the only... King Of Japanese Debate... Dimitri Jap Maan Ting to settle things down.
See this is actually a good use of the info.
I only knew of him because he was shilled in the Homeland.So taking in consideration that i never heard of him again until his graduation,then him becaming a homo perhaps his fanbase was very small?

EliteDoragon

Early Adopter
The retard that got in trouble for turning off monetization multiple times after being told not to do it was upset about money?

It's probably more because every game he wanted to play, and every bit he wanted to do got Takeshi'd. I imagine Magni was in the same place, but more about the bits than the games, because fucking Judge Magni somehow got stonewalled after one episode.

We'll see. Still waiting for Kson's project now that she is free of the shackles of management. Because so far, 100% of the ones with those complaints were better off shackled.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's probably more because every game he wanted to play, and every bit he wanted to do got Takeshi'd. I imagine Magni was in the same place, but more about the bits than the games, because fucking Judge Magni somehow got stonewalled after one episode.

niggaphil

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Judge Magni was one of the best things to come out of Tempus.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
This is a better one you can check in the profile of Dimitri:Contract Negotiation and Team Management
Why nobody can get what they want after fighting with Managment?
THANKS TO:
Dimitri Jap Maan,Debate GOD

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean, I get them leaving if they didn't really get anything out of it, for the girls they atleast aspire to perform on stage and make music and this is a valid ticket to that goal, they also make shitloads of money. But the males don't really have that much to win in getting into Hololive, some people might see it as an easy job or a way to get a quick following but unless the person is musically inclined like Rikka from the JP side, what really is there to gain?

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
It's not that surprising if you ask yourself the question of "What does Hololive actually provide for their male talents?"
Pretty much just the blue dorito exposure buff, but even that is massively diminished compared to the numbers a female talent expects. Only the absolute best can rise above the male debuff to reach numbers a female Holo could take for granted.
In exchange you have extensive restrictions on your ability to stream and create content even on a basic level. What content you make and how, what's acceptable (which can be a good thing, but can also be pointless) what games you can play has to be run by permissions managers who by now are infamously incompetent, opaque, and selective in their attentions. Moreover it's for regulations and culture that don't even apply to 99% of non-JP talents. Regular make-work meetings, typically on JP time, and work on "projects" that more often than not seem to go nowhere for the same reasons perms do, byzantine middle-management decisions.
The other biggest draw for a Holo is the built-in community of other successful streamers to cross-promote off and do events with, but this is denied to the males. A significant part of the audience is explicitly hostile to your mere existence, and the rest are expected to politely ignore you in most cases to the extent that acknowledging your "coworkers" or being acknowledged by them can be a statement and minor controversy in itself.

Lando was in the interesting position of having his RL persona be successful in itself, so he had something to compare the benefits to. And I don't think he was too off the mark when he called Magni a side job, one with a lot of expectations and a shitty uniform. Vesper gained in exposure but he ran into the worst of Holo management, so probably followed Lando's lead here or they otherwise fed off each other, and Randon has a lot of eyes on him right now and could retain those numbers if he plays his cards right. Male vtubers aren't that rare or unsuccessful in the indie scene, hell I'd say even Niji does them better than Holo on the whole, so why not make the move and no longer have to deal with the bs?

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
It's not that surprising if you ask yourself the question of "What does Hololive actually provide for their male talents?"
Pretty much just the blue dorito exposure buff, but even that is massively diminished compared to the numbers a female talent expects. Only the absolute best can rise above the male debuff to reach numbers a female Holo could take for granted.
In exchange you have extensive restrictions on your ability to stream and create content even on a basic level. What content you make and how, what's acceptable (which can be a good thing, but can also be pointless) what games you can play has to be run by permissions managers who by now are infamously incompetent, opaque, and selective in their attentions. Moreover it's for regulations and culture that don't even apply to 99% of non-JP talents. Regular make-work meetings, typically on JP time, and work on "projects" that more often than not seem to go nowhere for the same reasons perms do, byzantine middle-management decisions.
The other biggest draw for a Holo is the built-in community of other successful streamers to cross-promote off and do events with, but this is denied to the males. A significant part of the audience is explicitly hostile to your mere existence, and the rest are expected to politely ignore you in most cases to the extent that acknowledging your "coworkers" or being acknowledged by them can be a statement and minor controversy in itself.

Lando was in the interesting position of having his RL persona be successful in itself, so he had something to compare the benefits to. And I don't think he was too off the mark when he called Magni a side job, one with a lot of expectations and a shitty uniform. Vesper gained in exposure but he ran into the worst of Holo management, so probably followed Lando's lead here or they otherwise fed off each other, and Randon has a lot of eyes on him right now and could retain those numbers if he plays his cards right. Male vtubers aren't that rare or unsuccessful in the indie scene, hell I'd say even Niji does them better than Holo on the whole, so why not make the move and no longer have to deal with the bs?
Yeah this is why i never bothered with Homostars EN.It wasnt going to work.The only reason the JP Homos dont do the same its because they are used to deal with Japanese corporation Autism.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Male vtubers are succesful in the chinese/horny asian women market, their viability in the actual western market has not been proven IMO.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Did Judge Magni get stonewalled? Because it sure doesn't sound like that.

KsonApologist

Artistry doesn´t pay the Bills.
The retard that got in trouble for turning off monetization multiple times after being told not to do it was upset about money?

We'll see. Still waiting for Kson's project now that she is free of the shackles of management. Because so far, 100% of the ones with those complaints were better off shackled.
I think Kson never took into account that GunRun would be so retarded.He literally contracted a Nijinigga for Vshojo JP.They poach good vtubers but not a good CEO????

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on a lot of this.

Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level of frustration is setting yourself up for failure.

I also call bullshit on the whole "Vesper had the worst manager" thing. I very much doubt it was any worse than any other talent had. Dude had trouble with authority by his own admission. I honestly don't understand why he thought joining Stars was a good idea, in the first place.

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Male vtubers are succesful in the chinese/horny asian women market, their viability in the actual western market has not been proven IMO.
The most succesful Male Indie Vtuber its fucking Sxhtou come on.He literally does the same shit that Vox and Mysta did:just talk to the chink girls.
Yeah this is why i never bothered with Homostars EN.It wasnt going to work.The only reason the JP Homos dont do the same its because they are used to deal with Japanese corporation Autism.
Yeah I'm gonna call bullshit on a lot of this.

Holo is not just a "join to play some games and rake in the dough" now, it is for people who want to do projects and have a passion towards some kind of artistry. You're joining a corporation, no shit it is going to have limitations. Going in not expecting some level if frustration is setting yourself up for failure.

I also call bullshit on the whole "Vesper had the worst manager" thing. I very much doubt it was any worse than any other talent had. Dude had trouble with authority by his own admission. I honestly don't understand why he thought joining Stars was a good idea, in the first place.

Frankly, this whole thing has rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see Lando or Randon doing anything now that they couldn't do in Holo, except for IRL stuff in Lando's case. Personally sounds like Randon was never cut out for corpo life to begin with and Lando just burned out and gave up and figured it would be easier just to sit on Twitch and play video games.
At this point i think whoever wants to join Stars needs to know how hard its going to be.You had JP Stars for over 3 years as an example.

Top Bottom