"Yay, beating women!"Pipkin Pippa

General Thread v2: Enhanced Segregation Techniques!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter
Alright negroes who else is going to be shamelessly lurking in the advent membership streams to try and get gifted?

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
thanks to the absolute magic of youtube code now i get Randon shorts, he really was getting kneecapped by Cover

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
It's Shiina suffering time? Or will expectation be subverted? She hasn't started the game and she's already Shiinsplaining why it's goingt to be rough for her

:youlittleshit: 2 tries for the 1st boss, would have got it first try but kill somehow (?) after dealing leathal to it

Last edited:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Here's some minor drama that I found amusing: BradTasteInMusic is a music critic who gained a significant presence from shitting on Demondice/Mori, and I recall him being discussed a bit in the homeland thread last year. He initially discovered her when a viewer sent in Snake Eyes (the "Jesus Jesus Japanesus" song she'd long disowned beforehand) to one of his music review streams, and he's since milked that attention by doing listen-along streams shitting over her entire discographies under both personas, and covers new Mori albums almost immediately after release. He has at least six videos about her on his main YouTube channel, to my count - with some of his criticisms of her including "appropriating black culture" (even though her music's obviously more inspired by Japanese rap than black rap), and in his video about her most recent EP he says her music feels soulless and manufactured, while his friend in the Discord call with him who likes Mori is still having to explain basic things about how the Japanese vtuber industry works.

Why do I bring this up? Well, he's now discovering that building your career off shitting on people attracts the attention of other people who enjoy shitting on people, and making digs at things that are popular in Japan encourages """Asian hate""":

I don't care to preach about "negativity" (even if pretty much everything he says about pink woman is either Twitter bullshit or musical pseudo-intellectualism), but it is fascinating watching him complain about his viewers doing the exact same thing he does, now it's presumably looking bad on him that his fans are review-bombing albums he's covered.

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
f a t
1693174230529.png

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Speaking of gifted subs, has anyone noticed that certain channels won't let you accept gifted subs? Pippa for example.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
Speaking of gifted subs, has anyone noticed that certain channels won't let you accept gifted subs? Pippa for example.
I got one this month, so Idduno.
Yes I turned off auto renewal for EVERYONE don't take it personally...

Last edited:

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
Wasn't there a thing a few months ago with brand accounts not being able to receive giftsubs?

Sky Shouter

YEAH! TONIGHT!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
Alright negroes who else is going to be shamelessly lurking in the advent membership streams to try and get gifted?
1. Not me. 2. I couldn't get gifts even if I wanted to because my account is a brand account for some reason.
Wasn't there a thing a few months ago with brand accounts not being able to receive giftsubs?
Yeah, that's just a permanent thing. I don't know why.

Last edited:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
I think it's been pretty clear that the talents in Cover get to bring in their own personal accounts so long as they can keep the name under wraps, which Steam gives you pretty good options to conceal your info. If it's an existing account you're bringing in with you, putting your own money in for titles to play on stream, I don't imagine any contract could force you to relinquish it on departure. Making a whole new account on a platform though, I can see that being taken.

I'm not going to go through these some 300 Yeeticus accounts on the off chance someone as autistic as Ranper didn't conceal their name and other info. Without knowing what his steam avatar is, there's probably no way to identify which account is him unless it's not completely privated to the top.

This stream is certainly a thing though. Absolute unhinged shit, I really hope there's a vod for anyone not watching.
Yeah, you can in Niji as well, the only reason some went with new accounts was due to laziness of not wanting to go through the opsec trouble. Selen is probably the only one (in EN at least) that has like 7 different steam accounts just to shuffle around with community days in membership.
Damn, so not EN Noel.
If you see the option, you can accept it, but I can't speak on if you're banned from a channel if you can still get memberships. Channels only lose gifting subs if they turn off or "pause" memberships altogether because the two is tied together.

httn

Hag enthusiast

Brand accounts can't receive gift subs at all and you also need to enable receiving gifts on each individual channel.

Bernkastel

Mori's pet cat
Here's some minor drama that I found amusing: BradTasteInMusic is a music critic who gained a significant presence from shitting on Demondice/Mori, and I recall him being discussed a bit in the homeland thread last year. He initially discovered her when a viewer sent in Snake Eyes (the "Jesus Jesus Japanesus" song she'd long disowned beforehand) to one of his music review streams, and he's since milked that attention by doing listen-along streams shitting over her entire discographies under both personas, and covers new Mori albums almost immediately after release. He has at least six videos about her on his main YouTube channel, to my count - with some of his criticisms of her include "appropriating black culture" (even though her music's obviously more inspired by Japanese rap than black rap), and in his video about her most recent EP he says her music feels soulless and manufactured, while his friend in the Discord call with him who likes Mori is still having to explain basic things about how the Japanese vtuber industry works.

Why do I bring this up? Well, he's now discovering that building your career off shitting on people attracts the attention of other people who enjoy shitting on people, and making digs at things that are popular in Japan encourages """Asian hate""":

I don't care to preach about "negativity" (even if pretty much everything he says about pink woman is either Twitter bullshit or musical pseudo-intellectualism), but it is fascinating watching him complain about his viewers doing the exact same thing he does, now it's presumably looking bad on him that his fans are review-bombing albums he's covered.

He obviously knows. He uses /vt/ lingo (Re:song about haters) to review her songs. This is a review of Sedai no Scream by the way.
1693174464213.png

He even said at the end of his Jigoku 6 review that "she is trying too hard to copy Ado". Nothing in that album sounds like Ado, but how would someone make a connection to Ado with Mori without ever watching her? He tries so hard to pretend he does not know anything about hololive/vtuber culture every time. Also, reviewing everything after listening for 10 seconds. As someone explained
1693174837575.png

The Jigoku 6 album was in the yellow, until Brad came with his fans and army of zeroes, dropping the review by 11 points.
This guy cares way too much about farming pity points by crying in front of his fans, dude is more menhera than Mysta for gods sake.

CalliopeMori BiggerestFan

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
you also need to enable receiving gifts on each individual channel.
I know the usual way is to click the notification in chat and select allow gifts but I learned a neat little trick thanks to Cheri. Every channel has a link you can type in to accept gifts from the start. I went through my subscription list and enabled everything beforehand.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/@CheriLupina/allow_gifts

Just add /allow_gifts to the end of a channel and it will give you the prompt.

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
I know the usual way is to click the notification in chat and select allow gifts but I learned a neat little trick thanks to Cheri. Every channel has a link you can type in to accept gifts from the start. I went through my subscription list and enabled everything beforehand.

This works! Thanks!

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

And if you see this pop up in the corner, you are a brand account:
1693175604784.png

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
@mystarrrias Nyfco Sister? Schizo? or the real deal?.Welcome to the Asylum

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Yeah, you can in Niji as well, the only reason some went with new accounts was due to laziness of not wanting to go through the opsec trouble. Selen is probably the only one (in EN at least) that has like 7 different steam accounts just to shuffle around with community days in membership.

I was thinking more like cases such as Riifu having a meltdown over not being able to keep an account made for her persona, after sinking personal money into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom